Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Species"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A Krsna conscious person does not make any distinction between species or castes. The brahmana and the outcaste may be different from the social point of view, or a dog, a cow, and an elephant may be different from the point of view of species...
- After every dissolution of the material cosmos, all the living entities take shelter in the body of Karanodakasayi Visnu, and when creation takes place again, they come forth from His body in their various species to resume their activities
- After many, many births in lower species, when a living entity evolves to the human form of life and in particular to the civilized human form of life, his society must be divided into four gradations, as ordered by the Lord
- After thus killing the most formidable demon Hiranyaksa, the Supreme Lord Hari, the origin of the boar species, returned to His own abode, where there is always an uninterrupted festival. The Lord was praised by all the demigods, headed by Brahma
- All the bodies of the 8,400,000 species are created according to the mental condition of the individual living entities
- Apart from human beings, other species like cats and dogs are also struggling very hard day and night for existence. Thus the struggle for existence continues, and the conditioned soul changes from one position to another
- Aside from human consciousness, there is consciousness in dogs, cats, worms, trees, birds, beasts and all other species. But we are not meant to live in that consciousness
- Haridasa said, "My Lord, as long as You are situated within the material world, You will send to the spiritual sky all the developed moving and nonmoving living entities in different species"
- He (Dhruva Maharaja) states that before seeing the transcendental form of the Lord, he had experienced only the varieties of material forms, which are counted at 8,400,000 species of aquatics, birds, beasts, etc
- If one does not develop knowledge and practical application of knowledge through the help of a spiritual master and the sastras - if one misuses this opportunity - then in the next life he is sure to be born in a species of nonmoving living entities
- If we do not take direction from the Vedas but act whimsically according to our own choice, we are sure to be punished by the laws of the Lord, who offers different types of bodies in the 8,400,000 species of forms
- In the beginning the whole planet was covered in water. The water is drying up and gradually land is coming out. So therefore in the beginning the aquatics, jalaja nava-laksani. So the aquatic animals, they are 900,000 species
- In this age, those who come through the monkey species are considered by modern anthropologists like Darwin to be descendants of monkeys
- In this universe there are limitless living entities in 8,400,000 species, and all are wandering within this universe
- It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, Fourteenth Chapter, that in every species and form of life the spiritual part and parcel of the Supreme Lord is present
- The creation of the human beings, who are of one species only and who stock their eatables in the belly, is the ninth in the rotation
- The doormen were aware that they were going to the criminal department of the material world, and they expected that they might go to the lowest species and forget the Supreme Lord
- The entire universe is moving under the three modes of material nature. Those living entities who are in goodness are called the pious species - pious lands, pious trees, etc. It is similar with the planets also
- The human species of life are only 400,000 species, or types, as you say. In this way the total is 8,400,000's of types of bodies, and we have to pass through, by transmigration, from one body to another, another, another, another
- The impersonalists, who aspire to merge in the impersonal brahma-jyotir effulgence of the Supreme Lord (…), may be compared to certain species of fish, who, being born in the rivers and rivulets, migrate to the great ocean
- The Indians are not cow worshippers as others wrongly interpret it, but the Indians are gratitudeful to the species of cow for supplying milk
- The living entity has a small material body taken in various species and forms, and similarly the whole universe is but the material body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This body is described in the sastras as virat-rupa
- The living entity is wandering throughout the entire universe and taking birth in different species on different planets. Thus he moves up and down, but that is not real progress. Real progress is getting out of this material world altogether
- The Lord Himself claims in the Gita that He is the seed-giving father of all forms and species, who therefore must all be considered sons of the Lord
- The Lord says that there are eight hundred, er, 8,400,000 species of life, different forms of life, species of life. There are aquatics, there are plants, trees, worms, germs, then birds, beasts, and at last, the human species of life, only 400,000's
- The Lord, the Original Person, is the father of all other living entities, beginning from Brahma, the personality from whom all other living entities in different gradations of species are generated
- There are 8,400,000 species of life. Out of that, eight million species are other than human being, and 400,000 species human being. Out of that, civilized persons are very few
- There are 900,000's of aquatic life, two million species of plants and trees, about eleven hundred thousand species of life of birds, three million types of species of beast, and 400,000 species of this human body
- There are three million types of four-legged animals. And the human species of life are only 400,000 species, or types, as you say
- There are various species of living entities, but a devotee does not see the outward covering; he sees the inner soul inhabiting the body
- There is no possibility of an exchange or rasa between a man and an animal or between a man and any other species of living beings within the material world. The rasas are exchanged between members of the same species
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned to study herbs and plants to discover how they would act as medicine for different ailments. By studying the different species of plants, They learned how to crossbreed plants and trees and get different types of fruit
- This struggle of birth and death in different species may be called the evolutionary process, but in the Western world it has been wrongly explained
- Today I may be in good position, I may be millionaire, I may be prime minister, but when death will come it will take everything from you, and it will oblige you to go to a species form of life which you cannot deny
- We can have any form of life out of 8,400,000 species that are before you. You should always remember that "If by chance I slip to one of them, then how I have wasted my time." This is responsible life
- We do not accept Darwin's rascal theory of evolution from lower-grade life, in the creation everything is there. All the 8,400,000 species. According to the past karma, everyone comes out again, gets a different type of body and begins his work
- We have forgotten our relation with Godhead from time immemorial by somehow or other & due to our forgetfulness of the relation, we are roaming life after life in different species of bodies which are 84 lacs in number
- We have information that there are 8,400,000 species of life. Out of these, 400,000 species are considered human life
- We say 400,000 different forms of body, so human body, just like Negroes, they are also human beings, and you are also human beings. So this, scientists will say they are all one species, human being
- When we die our consciousness becomes almost stopped, and we then lie down within the womb of the mother according to species of body, a status - take it for granted our human form of body - seven months. At that time body is grown up