Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Species of Life
"species of life"
Pages in category "Species of Life"
The following 129 pages are in this category, out of 129 total.
- A confused, frustrated man cannot get relief by committing suicide because suicide will simply lead him to take birth in the lower species of life or to remain a ghost, unable to attain a gross material body
- A living entity's entrapment in different species of life is due to the misapplication of his mind
- A pure devotee does not even want to stop the repetition of birth and death. To a pure devotee, it does not matter whether he has to take birth again in the various species of life. His only ambition is that he not forget the lotus feet of the Lord
- A sane man who does not want to glide down to the species of demoniac life must try to give up these three enemies, which can kill the self to such an extent that there will be no possibility of liberation from this material entanglement
- After being subjected to such sufferings, a sinner is awarded a particular species of life according to his deeds in the past. Such living entities as are punished by Yamaraja are seen in different varieties of conditioned life
- After creating different species of life, the Lord has no connection with them. The creation takes place to accommodate the inclinations of the various living entities, and so He does not become involved with it
- Again, when there is cosmic manifestation, they (living entities) come out to fulfill the same desires, and therefore they appear in different species of life
- All good fortune to you. I (Krsna) think that you (King Nrga) are not meant to be in this situation. It must be due to the results of your past activities that you were put into the species of lizard life
- All living entities are part and parcel of the Supreme Lord and are qualitatively one, but they are now differently shaped in 8,400,000 species of life, just like many different ornaments manufactured from the same source of gold
- All living entities are traveling within this material world in different species of life, in different planets. Sarva-bhutani yantrarudhani mayaya: on the chariot given by the material energy. So that is mind
- All the conditioned living entities are evolving within the universe in different planets and different species of life. Thus one may be elevated to Brahmaloka, but then one must again descend to earth
- Any materially elevated person can be condemned to an abominable species of life if he is not careful. It is a misconception that after reaching the human body one is never degraded
- Anyone who seriously takes to Krsna consciousness - whether in the lowest species of life or a woman or of the less intelligent classes, such as the mercantile or laborer class - will go back home, back to Godhead, and reach the abode of Krsna
- Atheistic philosophies never agree with one another. Different species of life are evidence of varieties of mixtures of the modes of material nature
- Attaining repeated birth amongst the species of demoniac life, such persons can never approach Me. Gradually they sink down to the most abominable type of existence. BG 16.20 - 1972
- Being cursed by mother Durga (Bhavani, the wife of Lord Siva), that same Citraketu accepted birth in a demoniac species of life
- Bhagavad-gita says: sarva-yonisu. "In all species of life, as many forms are there, so the spirit soul is there." This outward body is just like a dress
- Birth after birth, he travels not only in the different species of life, but also from one planet to another. Lord Caitanya says that the living entities, bound up by fruitive activities, are wandering in this way throughout the whole universe
- By changing his material body birth after birth, he (the living entity) travels not only in the different species of life, but also from one planet to another
- By His (Krsna's) external energetic expansions, He incarnates Himself in the material world amongst the men, animals or demigods to reestablish His forgotten relation with the living entities in different species of life
- Even the souls embodied in lower animals, insects, trees and other species of life also become purified and prepared to become fully Krsna conscious simply by hearing the transcendental vibration
- Every second of human life is meant for making an ultimate solution to the problems of life, i.e. repetition of birth and death and revolving in the cycle of 8,400,000 different species of life
- Everyone in the material life, in all species and varieties of life, is full of anxieties, either by breaking or without breaking the laws of nature. Liberation, or mukti, means getting relief from these constant anxieties
- Everyone is in ignorance because the evolution is coming from the lower species of life, and in Western countries the Darwin's theory of evolution is very prominent, and they believe that man is coming from monkey
- Evolution takes place in the lower species of life, nature's law. But when you come to the human form of life you have got your responsibility. Wherever you want, you can go
- For human society, constantly thinking of how to earn money and apply it for sense gratification brings about the destruction of everyone's interests. When one becomes devoid of knowledge & DS, he enters into species of life like those of trees & stones
- From Visnu is born Brahma, and from Brahma is born Siva. Sometimes Brahma is a separated part of Visnu, and sometimes Brahma is Visnu Himself. Thus Brahma creates the different species of life all over the universe
- Harassed life after life by the laws of nature, the living entity wanders throughout the entire universe in different planets and species of life. Somehow or other, if he is fortunate enough, he comes in touch with a devotee who reforms his entire life
- He lies down on His own heart spread in the form of the sky, and thus placing the whole creation in that space, He expands Himself into many living entities, which are manifested as different species of life
- Hellish existence in various demoniac species of life
- If all of them (all species of life) were plenary expansions of the Supreme Absolute Truth, then there would be no question of liberation, because Brahman would already be liberated.
- If we take shelter of Krsna seriously, there will be no fear of being thrown back into the cycle of so many species of life. A sincere devotee will surely be transferred to the abode of Krsna, as affirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- In all species of life the attraction between male and female is the basic principle of existence. The same principle of intermingling is also in human society, but is in a regulative form
- In all species of life, in all forms of life, they are all our svajana, kinsmen. How it cannot be? Because Krsna is the original father. This is Krsna consciousness. Therefore a devotee of Krsna does not want to commit a little harm to any living entity
- In each and every species of life, the living entity gets a body to satisfy various senses, but he cannot enjoy all his senses at one time
- In spite of the living entities' always being under the control of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in their different positions, spheres and species of life, He is never responsible for their different living conditions
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta it is confirmed by Lord Caitanya that the living entities are wandering within this universe in different species of life
- In the lower species of life the spirit souls are densely covered by the material modes, and thus carnal appetites dominate their lives
- In the lower species of life there is an evolutionary process, and when the term of the living entity's imprisonment or punishment in the lower species is finished, he is again offered a human form
- In the material existence we find so many species of life - animals, insects, men, and so on. All are arranged by the superior power. They are not accidental
- In this way the living entity becomes situated in different species of life, either in a demigod, human or animal body, according to different situations and circumstances
- Incarnations of the Supreme Personality of Godhead appear in all the species of life, although this is inconceivable to the human brain
- It is confirmed in the CC that the living entities are wandering within the universe in various species of life but by the mercy of Krsna & the spiritual master they can get the seed of devotional service, and thus their path of liberation can be cleared
- It is explained in the Vedic literature that the living entities entrapped in different species of life are part and parcel of the Supreme Lord
- It should be understood that all species of life, O son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed-giving father. BG 14.4 - 1972
- Kaliya said, "My dear Lord, I have been born in such a species that by nature I am angry and envious, being in the darkest region of the mode of ignorance"
- Kindly describe how the proportionate accumulation of the reactions resulting from the different modes of material nature act upon the desiring living being, promoting or degrading him among the different species of life
- Krsna said, "For material happiness based on sex life is available in the most abominable species of life, such as hogs, dogs. No one should try to approach Me for such happiness, which is available even if one is put into a hellish condition of life"
- Krsna said, "It should be understood that all species of life, O son of Kunti, are made possible by birth in this material nature, and that I am the seed-giving father"
- Living entities who are wandering within this universe in different species of life can very easily achieve the greatest benediction only by Your mercy.”
- Living entity cannot be annihilated at any point. But the lower species of life exist in a miserable condition, whereas one who is engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Lord is situated in the pleasurable, or ananda-maya, status of life
- My dear King Rahugana, as long as the conditioned soul accepts the material body and is not freed from the contamination of material enjoyment, has to wander among different places and different species of life in this material world
- My dear King, as long as conditioned soul does not conquer his six enemies and come to the platform of self-realization by awakening his spiritual knowledge, he has to wander among different places and different species of life in this material world
- My Lord, You manifest as many incarnations as there are species of life, namely the aquatics, the vegetables, the reptiles, the birds, the beasts, the men, the demigods, etc., just for the maintenance of the faithful and the annihilation of the unfaithful
- Of all kinds of ghosts, the Brahma-raksasas are very powerful. They are brahmanas who after death have entered the ghostly species of life
- One cannot give up attachment for this material world. By the evolutionary process in 8,400,000 species of life, one cannot understand the ultimate goal of life because in all those species of life, the bodily conception is very prominent
- One does not know whether he is going to be a plant, or a beast, or a bird, or something like that, because there are so many species of life
- One has to transmigrate from lower species of life, aquatic life, to trees; from trees to insect; insect to birds; birds to beasts; and from beasts, that is evolution. That evolution is not Darwin's evolution. That evolution, it is called janmanta vada
- Our point is all the species of life, they are existing simultaneously. Evolution there is, we accept that but it is not that one is missing, one has gone away, and another is come
- People jeer at Krsna because they are envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Their destiny is certainly to take birth after birth in the species of atheistic and demoniac life
- Please also describe the imperfections and contradictions of the faithless atheists, the situation of crossbreeding, and the movements of the living entities in various species of life according to their particular modes of nature and work
- Radha continued, "Being deprived of all material acquisitions, one makes his relatives, himself unhappy. He wanders in search of Krsna, either as a human being or in other species of life, even as a bird, voluntarily accepts the profession of a mendicant"
- Rukmini continued, "I have selected You (Krsna) as my husband, considering You to be the only fit personality. You may throw me in any species of life according to the reactions of my fruitive activities, and I haven't the least concern for this"
- So many species of life. They have no economic problem. They have no economic problem. There is no question of starvation. They are eating, they are sleeping, they are having their mating, opposite sex, and they are defending also
- Sometimes Brahma is Visnu Himself. Thus Brahma creates the different species of life all over the universe, which means that the Lord creates the whole manifestation either by Himself or through the agency of His authorized deputies
- Sri Krsna is said to be not only the father of Brahma but also the father of all species of life. He is the root of the impersonal Brahman and Paramatma; the Supersoul in every entity is His plenary portion
- Such persons eat all kinds of obnoxious things, such as meat, and take pleasure in alcohol and other intoxicants, and after death they are forced to take birth in lower species of life
- Suppose one does not develop Krsna consciousness in this human form of life. He will be thrown into the cycle of birth and death, involving 8,400,000 species of life, and his spiritual identity will remain lost
- Temporary manifestations are so created as to present an illusion of reality to the bewildered mind of the conditioned soul, who appears in so many species of life, including the higher demigods, like Brahma, Indra, Candra, and so on
- The appearance of the Kumaras is both (vaikrta, e.g., mahat-tattva, false ego, sense perceptions, knowledge, working capacity, controlling deities, ignorant darkness and prakrta creations e.g., immovable entities, lower species of life, human beings)
- The conditioned living entity is satisfied in his own particular species of life; while deluded by the covering influence of the illusory energy, he feels little inclined to cast off his body, even when in hell, for he takes delight in hellish enjoyment
- The conditioned soul transmigrates into different species of life, higher & lower, because of his association with the modes of material nature. Unless he is relieved of material activities, he has to accept this position because of his faulty work
- The conditioned souls are mostly attracted by fruitive work because they want to enjoy life by the sweat of their own brows. The whole universe is full of fruitive workers in all species of life
- The conditioned souls are wandering throughout the different planets of the universe, entering various species of life
- The eighth creation is that of the lower species of life, and they are of different varieties, numbering twenty-eight. They are all extensively foolish and ignorant. They know their desirables by smell, but are unable to remember anything within the heart
- The great Rsi Narada, who is an empowered incarnation of the Personality of Godhead, propagates devotional service all over the universe. All great devotees of the Lord all over the universe and in different planets and species of life are his disciples
- The human form is considered the highest state in the cycle of the species of life in the material world. If one takes advantage of this highest kind of material form, one can regain his position of devotional service to the Lord
- The human form of life is a complete manifestation of the consciousness of the living being, and it is obtained after evolving through 8,400,000 species of life in the cycle of birth and death
- The kings said, "We do not want liberation from the entanglement of material existence. By Your (Krsna's) will we may take birth in any species of life; it does not matter. We simply pray that we never forget Your lotus feet under any circumstances"
- The living beings covered by the illusory energy evolve in different species of life, with bodies ranging from that of an insignificant ant to that of Brahma, the constructor of the cosmos
- The living entities are wandering in different species of life on different planets, but if by chance they get the association of a pure devotee (sadhu), they give up all other engagements and engage in the service of Lord Krsna
- The living entities wandering within the jurisdiction of the 8,400,000 species of life get the opportunity for self-realization in the human form and gradually in such other elevated forms as those of the demigods, Kinnaras and Caranas
- The living entity transmigrating through 8,400,000 species of life is sometimes likened to a log gliding downstream on the waves of a river. Sometimes, by chance, a log washes up on shore and is thus saved from being forced to drift further downstream
- The living entity, being influenced by so many desires, wanders in different species of life according to destiny. Sometimes he is high, & sometimes he is low. Sometimes he goes to the heavenly planets, sometimes to hell, sometimes to the middle planets
- The living entity, in whatever species of life he appears, finds a particular type of satisfaction in that species, and he is never averse to being situated in such a condition
- The materialistic mind covering the living entity's soul carries it to different species of life. This is called continued material existence. Due to the mind, the living entity suffers or enjoys material distress and happiness
- The Mayavadi agnostics wander within this universe in different species of life due to their nondevotional activities. Such living entities are subjected to the punishments of Yamaraja. Only the devotees are exempt from the jurisdiction
- The mind makes the living entity within this material world wander through different species of life, and thus the living entity experiences mundane affairs in different forms as a human being, demigod, fat person, skinny person and so forth
- The Nagapatnis said, "My Lord, although he (Kaliya) is born in a species of life which is fostered by the most abominable mode of material nature, accompanied with the quality of anger, this king of the serpents has achieved something very, very rare"
- The next prayer of the personified Vedas to the Lord concerns His entering into different species of life
- The Padma Purana says, jalaja nava-laksani sthavara laksa-vimsati, krmayor rudra-sankhyakah. There are, nava-laksani, 900,000 species of life within the water
- The personified Vedas continued, "Because of ignorance, these living entities misidentify themselves in different species of life"
- The personified Vedas continued, "No one can estimate how much the living entity is degraded by entering abominable species of life such as cats and dogs"
- The planet earth spoke: My dear Lord, O SPG, You are transcendental in Your position, and by Your material energy You have expanded Yourself in various forms and species of life through the interaction of the three modes of material nature
- The species of life evolved from aquatics to plants, vegetables, trees; thereafter insects, reptiles, flies, birds, then beasts, and then human kind. This is the gradual process of evolution of species of life
- The whole bhakti-yoga process is therefore a revival of the lost relation. This revival is possible in the human form of life, which is obtained only out of the evolutionary cycle of 8,400,000 species of life
- The whole universe is full of fruitive workers in all species of life. The fruitive works include all kinds of economic development plans
- There are 8,400,000 species of life, and each type of body is destined to enjoy and suffer in accordance with its particular formation. The bodily enjoyments and sufferings of a wealthy man's son are different from those of a poor man's son
- There are 8,400,000 species of life, and they have got forms. They are sons of God. So where is our experience that a son who has got a form, his father is impersonal, no form? Where you have got this experience?
- There are 8,400,000 species of life, some inferior, some superior and some mediocre. The gradations of the bodies are calculated according to the covering of material energy
- There are 8,400,000 species of life. Out of that, eight million species are other than human being, and 400,000 species human being. Out of that, civilized persons are very few
- There are 8,400,000 species of life. Out of that, the human being are very small quantity. Out of 8,400,000, the human species of life are 400,000; compared with other animals, a very small quantity
- There are hundreds and thousands of different species of life. Why are there higher and lower bodies? One receives these bodies according to the contaminations of material nature
- There are many embodied souls, 8,400,000 of species of life. Out of that, this civilized form of life, especially those who are followers of Vedic regulations, they are called the Aryans or the advanced civilized persons
- There are, however, many hundreds and thousands of species of life in different standards of living conditions, such as human beings, demigods, animals, birds and beasts
- There are, nava-laksani, 900,000 species of life within the water. We begin our aquatic life. Because the whole world was in the beginning, full of water, so we had to live within the water
- There is another life, and the species of life are in your form, 8,400,000 of species, and we have to accept, according to our karma, a type of body given by the material nature
- There is no possibility of an exchange or rasa between a man and an animal or between a man and any other species of living beings within the material world. The rasas are exchanged between members of the same species
- These desires (for sense gratification) are represented in the various species of life, from germs to the most perfected material bodies, those of Brahma and the demigods. All of these living entities have bodies composed of matter in different shapes
- These last three creations (immovable entities, lower species of life and human beings) and the creation of demigods (the tenth creation) are vaikrta creations, which are different from the previously described prakrta (natural) creations
- They actually want to be free from the confinement of this world of conditional happiness, but not knowing the process of liberation, they are bound to transmigrate from one species of life to another and from one planet to another
- This human being is very, very rare. After going through 8,400,000 species of life, one comes to this human form of life
- This papa bija remains dormant within our heart in three stages - dormant, seedling and fructified. This chain of different stages of our papa bija is the cause of repeated birth and death transmigration in different species of life
- Those who are envious and mischievous, who are the lowest among men, are cast by Me into the ocean of material existence, into various demoniac species of life. BG 16.19 - 1972
- Those who are envious of My form, who are cruel and mischievous and the lowest among men, are perpetually cast by Me into hellish existence in various demoniac species of life
- Three multiplied by three, mixture, then it becomes nine. Then nine multiplied by nine it becomes eighty-one. Different, just like color mixture. So therefore there are 8,400,000 species of life, this mixture of qualities
- Uddhava continued, "He (Krsna) does not appear in higher or lower species of life like ordinary living entities, who are forced to take birth on account of their previous fruitive activities"
- Unless one gets the opportunity to associate with a bona fide spiritual master by the grace of the Lord, there is no possibility of one's liberation from the cycle of birth and death in the different species of life
- We have got this human form of body, human consciousness, advanced consciousness, after many, many births, after through the evolutionary process. Many millions of years we have passed through many species of life
- We have information that there are 8,400,000 species of life. Out of these, 400,000 species are considered human life
- What you will learn about that, by studying the human species? You study Krsna. This is sufficient. There are 400,000 species of life. What will you benefit by studying? The botanist, the geologist, the biologist, they are doing that
- When influenced by the modes of material nature, a living entity forgets this relationship and thinks in terms of different species of life; but when he again comes to his original consciousness, he does not observe such bodily designations
- Whether they are born through an embryo, eggs, perspiration or seeds, all living entities in the 8,400,000 species of life are parts and parcels of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and each therefore is an individual spiritual spark and soul