"solitary place"|"solitary places"|"solitary holy place"|" solitary dark place"|"solitary, sacred place"|"solitary sacred place"|"solitary and sanctified place"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Solitary Place"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- A man should not associate with a woman in a solitary place, not even with his mother, sister or daughter, for the senses are so strong that they lead astray even a person advanced in knowledge
- After accepting the sannyasa order, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu decided to go to Vrndavana and engage Himself wholly and solely in the service of Mukunda in a solitary place
- After this incident (the killing of the Kesi demon), Narada Muni, the greatest of all devotees, came to see Krsna in a solitary place and began to talk with Him
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took the brahmana aside. Sitting in a solitary place, the Lord began to question him
- After this, the great saintly King Malayadhvaja divided his entire kingdom among his sons. Then, in order to worship Lord Krsna with full attention, he went to a solitary place known as Kulacala
- Also, the apartment belonging to my maternal aunt is in a very solitary place. Make all arrangements for Him to stay there
- As a beggar sannyasi, a mendicant, I wish to live alone in a solitary place, but these people come to tell Me about their unhappiness and disturb Me
- As an example of pratisthasa, one may attempt to imitate Srila Haridasa Thakura by living in a solitary place. One's real desire may be for name and fame - in other words, one thinks that fools will accept one to be as good as Haridasa Thakura
- Aspiring to live in a solitary place; detachment from the general mass of people; accepting the importance of self-realization; and philosophical search for the Absolute Truth - all these I declare to be knowledge
- At the end of the four-month Caturmasya period, Caitanya Mahaprabhu again consulted with Nityananda Prabhu daily in a solitary place. No one could understand what Their consultation was about
- At the present moment we see that some of the members of the ISKCON are tending to leave their preaching activities in order to sit in a solitary place. This is not a very good sign
- Haridasa Thakura then expressed his desire, "If I could just get a solitary place near the temple, I could stay there alone and pass my time"
- How can a person who is most affectionate to his family, the core of his heart being always filled with their pictures, give up their association? Specifically, a wife is always very kind and sympathetic and always pleases her husband in a solitary place
- I then began to consider that Vrndavana is a very solitary place. It is invincible and very difficult to attain. I therefore decided to go there alone or, at the utmost, with only one person
- I wander alone at night killing fish in solitary places, but because I remember the hymn to Lord Nrsimha, ghosts do not touch me
- If we (the elder gopis) keep our stock of yogurt, butter and milk in a solitary dark place, your Krsna and Balarama find it in the darkness by the glaring effulgence of the ornaments and jewels on Their bodies
- In the body of a deer, Bharata Maharaja began to lament: What misfortune! I have fallen from the path of the self-realized. I gave up my real sons, wife and home to advance in spiritual life, and I took shelter in a solitary holy place in the forest
- In the last stage of the spiritual master's life, the devotees of the spiritual master should take preaching activities into their own hands. In this way the spiritual master can sit down in a solitary place and render nirjana bhajana
- Naturally, when one is adapted to the spiritual way of life, he will not want to mix with materialistic men. That would go against his grain. One may test himself by seeing how far he is inclined to live in a solitary place, without unwanted association
- Nirjana-bhajana - cultivating Krsna consciousness in a solitary place - is not possible for the neophyte, for he will be disturbed by the bodily necessities (eating, sleeping, mating and defending)
- No one else knows about this. I want to see Your beautiful attractive face somewhere in a solitary place, but how can this be accomplished
- On hearing this, mother Yasoda caught hold of Krsna's hand and said, "My dear Krsna, why have You eaten earth in a solitary place? Just see, all Your friends, including Balarama, are complaining about You"
- On the bank of the Ganges, in a solitary place, Advaita Acarya made a cavelike home for Haridasa Thakura and spoke to him about the real meaning of Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita in terms of devotional service
- One day the two brothers, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, consulted with each other while sitting together in a solitary place
- One who desires to conquer the mind must leave the company of his family and live in a solitary place, free from contaminated association. To maintain the body and soul together, he should beg as much as he needs for the bare necessities of life
- Only after maturing in devotion can he sit down in a solitary place to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself did
- Ordinary conditioned persons generally embrace their wives and enjoy their company in solitary places. How wonderful it is that Lord Mahadeva, although a great master of austerity, is embracing his wife openly in the midst of an assembly of great saints
- People have got tendency to live in a secluded place, solitary place, without any disturbance. That is sign of sattva-guna
- Please give that room to Me, for I have a need for it. Indeed, I shall remember the lotus feet of the Lord sitting in that solitary place
- Practice yoga - solitary and sacred place. What is this circle we see in morning? Simply "Chai, chai, chai." And cigarette, bidi, and talking nonsense, drinking - no arrangement. Vedic system, still in India in morning they take bath, in the villages
- Prahlada Maharaja said: A wife is always very kind and sympathetic and always pleases her husband in a solitary place. Who could give up the association of such a dear and affectionate wife?
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "His Holiness Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will return very soon. I wish to have a nice place ready for Him, a place solitary and peaceful"
- Seeing a great crowd assemble at Mathura, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left and went to Akrura-tirtha. He remained there in a solitary place
- Sexual desire is so powerful that one is saturated with it if he stays in a solitary place with any woman, even his mother, sister or daughter
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is in the renounced order and is very much detached from worldly affairs. He stays in solitary places, and even in dreams He does not grant interviews to a king
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then gave Svarupa Damodara residence in a solitary place and ordered a servant to serve him with a supply of water and other necessities
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to Vrndavana and sit in a solitary place, where He would chant the holy name until noon
- Srila Ramananda Raya has taken these two girls to a solitary place in his garden, where he is teaching and directing them to dance according to the songs he has composed for his drama
- Svarupa Damodara was the limit of all learned scholarship, but he did not exchange words with anyone. He simply remained in a solitary place, and no one could understand where he was
- The devotee said, "Even great sages who are accustomed to live in solitary places are also attracted by the songs of Your glory"
- The Lord was always very happy to eat these forest vegetables, and He was even happier when He had an opportunity to stay in a solitary place
- The maya is so strong that as soon as I am sitting in a solitary place, then I'll think of money and women. Therefore we should live always in assembly and chant Hare Krsna and save ourself from the danger of material falldown
- The real yoga-marga process is to control the senses, sit in a solitary and sanctified place and meditate on the four-handed form of Narayana
- There are ten prescribed methods on the path to liberation - to execute the duties of varnasrama-dharma, to explain the sastras, to stay in a solitary place, to chant mantras silently, and to be absorbed in trance
- Thinking in this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to perform His noon duties. The next day, He called Damodara Pandita to a solitary place
- Those interested in worshiping the Lord in solitary places may be eligible for liberation themselves, but a pure devotee is always aggrieved to see others suffering. Not caring for his own liberation, he always engages in preaching by glorifying the Lord
- Those who are ignorant of the benefits of devotional service must be educated by preaching. If one stops preaching and simply sits down in a solitary place, he is engaging in material activity
- We have practical experience of being advised by the so-called babajis in Vrndavana that there is no need to preach and that it is better to live in Vrndavana in a solitary place and chant the holy name
- When a man remains in a solitary place with a woman, his sexual desires undoubtedly increase
- When a sannyasi lives in a beautiful, solitary place in the forest and is freed from all material desires, he is called Vana
- When autumn arrived, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu decided to go to Vrndavana. In a solitary place, He consulted with Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami
- When disciples are grown up and are able to preach, the spiritual master should retire and sit down in a solitary place to write and execute nirjana-bhajana
- When knowledge of the Absolute Truth, which is on the platform of pure goodness, is suppressed by the rampant influence of ignorance & passion, the sages & self-realized souls withdraw to a solitary place of worship to elevate themselves spiritually
- When one sees the opposite sex, naturally the sex impulse increases. It is said that if a man in a solitary place does not become agitated upon seeing a woman, he is to be considered a brahmacari
- While Pradyumna Misra remained seated there, Ramananda Raya took the two girls to a solitary place
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting in a solitary place in the home of that Deccan brahmana, Rupa Gosvami and Sri Vallabha (Anupama Mallika) came to meet Him