Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
slow | slowed | slower | slowly | slowness | slows
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Slow"
The following 64 pages are in this category, out of 64 total.
- A person seated in a high-speed motorcar goes faster than one seated in a slower car, though the living entities, the drivers, may be the same
- After entering Dvaraka, Krsna was received in different ways by different members of His family. Upon seeing their husband from a distance, the queens of Dvaraka immediately embraced Him within their minds and slowly glanced over Him
- All the men loaded their valuables on carts and slowly left with their cows and other paraphernalia. After they had cleared out everything, Lord Krsna very slowly replaced Govardhana Hill in exactly the same position it had been before
- Apart from the others, even Lord Jagannatha and Lord Balarama, with great happiness, began to move very slowly upon seeing the dancing of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- As a resident of Vrndavana, Krsnadasa Kaviraja offers his respects to the Deities in these temples and requests God's favor: "My progress in spiritual life is very slow, so I'm asking Your help"
- I am glad that you have already started a center in small scale and please try to improve it as far as possible. There is no question of doing anything very hastily so please try to make steady, even if slow, progress
- I am so pleased to learn about your slow but sure progress in the matter of your most glorious London yatra. I am sure Krishna will help you fully and do it seriously
- I know that your new house is very nice with a good view and that you and your family will take very good care of me. Let us see our program here then I shall let you know. My health is very slowly improving. I am simply trusting in Krishna
- I offer the same Hare Krishna beads, but it becomes spiritually powerful on account of being delivered in disciplic succession. And practically we see that the students who are initiated in this way, they are advancing slowly and surely
- If one contributes something of his income to the preaching work and attends himself with family the temple for the class and kirtana, gradually he will get some enthusiasm and develop his attachment for Krsna. But that is the slow and troublesome way
- If there is some discrepancy anywhere, some non-cooperation, fighting, or if the work is slow or not to the standard, it is to be supposed that the person or persons in charge are not very much attached to Krishna
- If you want to do business, you must take the first opportunity, the greatest opportunity, do your business. That is intelligence. And if we think, "All right, I shall do slowly. In seven hundred lives I shall become perfect," that is another thing
- In the Brhan-naradiya Purana it is said that in Kali-yuga, when people in general are short-lived, slow in spiritual realization and always disturbed by various anxieties, the best means of spiritual realization is chanting the holy name of the Lord
- In this age especially, in Kali-yuga we become very, very slow in spiritual progress, although that is our main business. But on account of this Kali-yuga, we are all very, very slow. We think that "Spiritual cultivation is meant for old age"
- In this age, no one is expected to be highly educated in the Vedic ways of understanding because people are very slow, lazy and unfortunate. Therefore Lord Caitanya has recommended the sound vibration Hare Ksna
- Manda means everything bad or everything slow. Duration of life is bad, then their activities also very bad, always sinful activities
- Manda means very slow. Sleeping, out of twenty-four hours, sleeping twelve hours, and out of twelve hours, they're busy in earning money ten hours. Then two hours left. What he can do for spiritual understanding. There's no time
- My health is not yet recovered, but it is improving very slowly. So, I have been advised to stay here for at least four months, June, July, August and September. After that time it may be possible for me to go to Hyderabad
- Never mind it takes little time to make progress, our process is slow but sure, and we are confident that if we continue in this way we shall go one day back to home, back to Godhead
- Nobody is cooperating. Simply these boys, they have kindly come to me and cooperating. So my movement is progressing, but very slowly. But if the leaders of the American people, they come and they try to understand and they try to introduce this system
- One should know that the goal is Krsna, and when the goal is assigned, then the path is slowly but progressively traversed, and the ultimate goal is achieved
- One who is slow to understand, he is slow to forget also
- Our experience is that such big men will not help us - except if there is some rare soul like Mr. George Harrison, and they must be guided also by our personally contacting them again and again and slowly build-up the relationship
- Our process is slow but sure, not that we must do everything immediately and then later on regret it
- Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati also went toward the beach, and Bhagavan Acarya, who was lame, followed them very slowly
- People are very lazy and slow. Slow and lazy means that they do not know that this life is meant for spiritual realization. So they are very lazy - "All right, spiritual realization we shall see later on. Let us enjoy life. That's all"
- People in general are short-living and very slow to understand self-realization or spiritual life; they are mostly unfortunate, and therefore if someone is a little bit interested in self-realization he is likely to be misguided by so many frauds
- She (Devahuti) stood and scratched the ground with her foot, which was radiant with the luster of her gemlike nails. Her head bent down, she spoke in slow yet charming accents, suppressing her tears
- Slow but sure, that is our motto - and class, not mass. So never mind some other Christian movements are getting many followers. The competition is beneficial for us. Everything is beneficial for Krishna consciousness if it is utilized properly
- Slow process of devotional service
- Some 1,600,000 miles above this group of stars is the planet Venus, which moves at almost exactly the same pace as the sun according to swift, slow and moderate movements
- The Apsaras move very slowly in an attractive style that bewilders the inhabitants of the heavenly planets
- The car of Lord Jagannatha began to move slowly while the son of mother Saci went ahead and danced in front
- The cows that followed the Lord within the forest moved slowly because of their heavy, milk-laden udders
- The motor accident dying in America is not very astonishment, if one is little slow, immediately: tarak taka tak
- The people of this age are described as mandah sumanda-matayo manda-bhagya hy upadrutah. In other words, they are extremely bad and slow to understand the opulence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The people of this age are of short duration of life, they are very slow in the matter of seriously understanding spiritual importance of life
- The pullers of the car were known as gaudas, and they pulled with great pleasure. However, the car sometimes went very fast and sometimes very slow
- The sun travels sometimes slowly, sometimes swiftly and sometimes at a moderate speed. In this way it travels within the three worlds, consisting of the heavenly planets, the earthly planets and outer space
- The three worlds have become void because of separation from Govinda. I feel as if I were burning alive in a slow fire
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "It appears that they are almost dead because their breathing is very slow." This is an instance of becoming unconscious due to separation from Krsna"
- Uddhava informed Krsna, "Your servants in Vrndavana cannot sleep at night thinking of You, so now they are all lying down on the bank of the Yamuna almost paralyzed. And it appears that they are almost dead, because their breathing is very slow"
- Unfortunately, we are very, very slow, manda. Manda means bad, fallen, abominable. The whole population in this age, they are very, very fallen, manda. Why manda? They have advanced so much in material comforts. That is not required
- Unless the higher section (of human society) understands this movement, it will make progress slowly. If the higher section says yes, it is a nice movement, it will progress very quickly
- When a mantra or hymn is chanted softly and slowly, that is called japa. The same mantra, when chanted loudly, is called kirtana
- When Caitanya was dramatically enacting the song, He would sometimes fall behind in the procession. At such times, Lord Jagannatha would come to a standstill. When Caitanya Mahaprabhu again went forward, Lord Jagannatha's car would slowly start again
- When Govinda came to Haridasa, he saw that Haridasa Thakura was lying on his back and chanting his rounds very slowly
- When the army of the enemy was full of soldiers, elephants and horses, Lord Parasurama proceeded into their midst at the speed of mind to kill them. When somewhat tired, he slowed down to the speed of wind and continued to kill the enemies vigorously
- Without understanding, if you follow like a storm, that is no use. That is no use. Slow, but sure. Go slow... And that is the defect in the modern. If somebody can recite Bhagavad-gita like storm, it is to be understood he has perfected himself. No