Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: single not "single moment" not "single hand*"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Single"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- Before me, many swamis, yogis, they came to the Western countries, and most of them spoke on Bhagavad-gita, but not a single person was a devotee of Krsna
- Not a single devotee
- This is unique in the history, that a single person's books are sold in so many large quantities. I don't think any author has sold so many books
- We should not waste a single moment
- A sinful man can perform many, many sinful activities, but he is unable to perform so many that they cannot be wiped out by one single uttering of Krsna
- A system of human civilization that does not promote varna and asrama is nothing but a polished animal society. Indulgence in sex life by a man or woman living single is never acceptable in human society
- Actually, there is no anxiety. We have experienced this. I was alone for many years, but not a single day I was starving. No. There was food
- Actually, these conversations are like a great mine where, from a single place, one can extract all kinds of metals - copper, bell metal, silver and gold - and also touchstone, the basis of all metals
- After they had cleansed the body of the Deity, some of them said, "The Deity is very heavy. No single person can move Him"
- Akrura: The commander in chief of the Vrsni dynasty and a great devotee of Lord Krsna. Akrura attained success in devotional service to the Lord by the one single process of offering prayers
- As soon as one engages himself in the one single obligatory duty -- the duty of spiritual perfection -- then he automatically liquidates all other obligations without having to make separate efforts
- As the goal of Spiritual realization is only one, love of God, so the Vedas stand as a single comprehensive whole in the matter of transcendental understanding
- At first all the followers of Advaita Acarya shared a single opinion. But later they followed two different opinions, as ordained by providence
- Balarama said, "Dear friends, this time I have come to you (Kurus) as a messenger with the order of the all-powerful King Ugrasena. Please, hear the order with attention & great care. Without wasting a single moment, please try to carry out the order"
- Before me, many swamis went to the Western countries. They also talked about Bhagavad-gita and other Vedic literature. But not a single person could be converted to Krsna consciousness, not a single person throughout the whole history
- Before me, ten years before, whole world, foreigners, there was not a single Krsna conscious. Whole history. Now you'll find thousands. Why? I have given them Krsna
- By appearing in human society and exhibiting His pastimes as a human being, Krsna definitely showed that there was not a single personality greater than He
- Following the instructions of Haridasa Thakura, a pure Vaisnava does not personally take even a single paisa from anyone, but he induces his followers to spend for the service of the Lord whatever possessions they have
- For thousands of years Bhagavad-gita was being read in foreign countries by big, big scholars, philosophers, but there was not a single devotee of Krsna
- Gaudiya Vaisnava has immense literature. Why they should bother with Tulasidasa? By reading Tulasidasa's Rama-carita-manasa in my experience I've not seen a single man has come to the spiritual platform. I have not seen a single man
- God cannot be plural number. God is always singular number, one. If God is plural number, then that is not God. That plural-number God may be the living entities. We are living entities, and God is also living entity, but the supreme living entity
- He (King Prthu) did not collect a single cent of taxes from the citizens without being able to give them protection from all calamities. The greatest calamity in life is to become godless and therefore sinful
- He was equal to all the wives & treated them as a perfect husband would, just to please them. For Him, there was no need of even a single wife. Since they were women, the wives could not understand the exalted position of Krsna, nor the truths about Him
- I am the single man speaking of God. Nobody speaks. All big, big leaders, politicians, philoso..., who is speaking of God? We are stressing only God consciousness
- I am traveling all over the world. There is not a single institution which is meant for giving education about the transmigration of the soul, how one can get better life
- I have not seen a single spot here which is not nicely decorated with good houses and nice roads. Actually they have built a properous country in this part of the world
- I have read your statements regarding opening centers. I am not in agreement with Mr. Altman that we are expanding very thinly. In my opinion, a single sincere soul can maintain a center
- I have received the German magazine and it appears very nice. Of course I could not read a single letter, but that doesn't matter. It was looking very nice
- I have traveled so many countries, universities also. There is not a single institution where there is a department where scientific knowledge is being given about understanding God or soul
- I think a double-decker bus may not pass all the road obstacles such as bridges and tunnels between Germany and India, so I think a single-decker bus may be more practical for driving there
- If it is possible to divert the whole attention for Krishna's service it is quite possible to remain single even for the whole life
- If we can induce even one person to understand that this material world is not meant for our living, our real home is in the spiritual world, and if we can convince this philosophy to even a single person, that is the success of our missionary activities
- In the history there was not a single devotee of Krsna before my going. Now there are thousands. Why? The secret is that I am presenting as it is
- In the land surrounding Bindu-sarovara there was not a single impious bird or tree
- In your Bombay there are so many persons, they are explaining Bhagavad-gita for so many years, but they could not turn even a single person a pure devotee of Krsna. This is our challenge
- It is said that a single pure devotee of the Lord can deliver all the fallen souls of the world
- Narada saw one single Krsna living in sixteen thousand palaces by His plenary expansions. Due to His inconceivable energy, He was visible in the palace of each and every individual queen
- Nobody is paid here a single farthing. Rather, he brings money. But still, he is happy. But the karmis, they are getting money, salary; still, they are not happy
- Nobody knows Krsna. They may speculate by their so-called scholarship, ABCD knowledge, but Krsna, Krsna is not there. They cannot turn even a single man to become a Krsna devotee. That is not possible. They can be fool
- Not a single disciple
- Now I can see that it is a miracle. Otherwise, your city of New York, one single old man, with only a few books to sell for barely getting eatables, how he can survive, what to speak of introducing God-consciousness movement for saving the humankind?
- Our duty is heavy, to induce persons to come to this platform of consciousness; and if we can save even a single soul from the clutches of Maya, the value of such act is millions of times better than fruitive actions
- Our money is collected with great difficulty. I want that not a single farthing may be at stake
- Since the temple is started, the temple cannot be closed on any day. This is the serious business of opening a center. In no case, even in the most urgent case, the temple cannot be closed even for a single day
- So far the new towers are concerned, not a single space should be allotted without my permission
- So the beginning of the process of yajna in this age can be very easily done by everyone, either he is family man or single man or anyone. Everyone has to cook for himself. Now, that cooking may be done for the Supreme Lord
- Some of them (great personalities, including sages and kings) attained success even by adhering to one single item of devotional service with faith and perseverance
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "Nearby My place, in this garden of flowers, is a single room that is very solitary"
- Such (sincere) devotees have no desire for material gain. They are conducted by one single desire: to go back to Godhead
- The accounts must be kept very clearly. Then everyone will be pleased with us. Not a single farthing should be wasted. That will be our credit
- The Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, said: "What more shall I say to you? I live throughout this cosmic manifestation merely by My single plenary portion"
- The single path in understanding the transcendental nature of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare - Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare is the chanting of these names with faith and adherence
- The single-minded devotee who never offends the Supreme Lord or His devotees is to be considered a saintly soul. Even if it seems that such a saint is not yet rid of all sinful propensities, he will never be destroyed, as are the yogis and karmis
- The Vedas inform that "Although He (Krsna) is person, He is maintaining all unlimited persons." That they do not know. Eko yo bahunam vidadhati kaman. That one singular person, He is maintaining many millions, many millions, trillions of persons
- Their expenditure is at my direction. Not a single paisa they can spend in their own discretion. They are laboring hard to get this collection, but the money is mine. This is the arrangement
- There are hundreds of letters of appreciation, including some from you also, but you have not mentioned even a single line about me in the pamphlet. Why??
- There are innumerable living entities, but there is one living entity who is the Supreme Absolute Godhead. The difference between the singular living entity and the plural living entities is that the singular living entity is the Lord of all
- There are millions of Krishna Temples in India and there is not a single Hindu who does not worship Krishna. Therefore, this Krishna Consciousness movement is not a concocted idea
- There is not a single factory in the whole world which can manufacture wheats, rice, grains, or vegetables, or something like that. So we should consider it that these foodstuff which we eat daily, they are produced by God's mercy
- There is not a single Hindu in India who is not more or less Krishna Conscious. So far descendants are concerned, material nature is so strong that she does not allow anything to go on steadily
- There is not a single institution
- There must be brahmanas who are independent. Canakya Pandita, whose name is still, still celebrated, he was prime minister of Maharaja Candragupta, but he was not accepting a single paisa as salary
- They also speak on Bhagavad-gita, but not a single person was Krsna conscious. And since we have presented Bhagavad-gita As It Is, hundreds and thousands. This is the proof, that they presented something concoction
- This Krsna consciousness movement, they are appreciating. So all the charity should come here. Then it is properly utilized. Because we do not use a single paisa for anything of sense gratification
- We have to create a respectable position for our Back To Godhead. Actually, it is the only single paper of its nature, describing the science of God in full detail, published in the western world
- We shall not sell a single copy to the store. Our principle should be to sell books retail in the Kirtana, in our temple, or selling by going door to door, or, individual persons. Not a single book should be sold to the stores
- What is the distinction between this singular number, nitya, and the plural number, nityas? The distinction is that that singular number, nitya, is maintaining this plural number, nityas. Eko bahunam yo vidadhati kaman. That is the distinction
- What need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe
- When I was alone there were three volumes published but during the last two years I could not publish a single volume more. It is a great defeat
- When there is fight, my Guru Maharaja used to say, "Some of our soldiers will die. It doesn't matter." You don't expect that not a single soldier of your party will not die. No, some of them will die. Still fight must go on. Fight cannot be stopped