Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
scorpion | scorpions
Pages in category "Scorpion"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- Hiranyakasipu was killed because he was worse than a snake or a scorpion, and therefore everyone was happy
- His (a person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) entrails are pulled out by the hounds and vultures of hell, even though he is still alive to see it, and he is subjected to torment by serpents, scorpions, gnats and other creatures that bite
- It is called vrscika-tandula-nyaya. Vrscika means scorpion, and tandula means rice. So "Life is coming from matter" - this is called vrscika-tandula-nyaya
- It is called vrscika-tandula-nyaya. You know that? Vrscika-tandula-nyaya. Vrscika means scorpion, and tandula means rice. Sometimes we see some heaps of rice, the scorpion is coming. But that is not that the rice has given birth to the scorpion
- Saintly persons are very kind to all kinds of living entities, but they are not unhappy when a serpent or a scorpion is killed. It is not good for saintly persons to kill, but they are encouraged to kill demons, who are exactly like serpents and scorpions
- Scorpions, large snakes and many other poisonous animals, as well as lions, tigers, boars and great elephants, all began falling upon the demigod soldiers, crushing everything
- Sometimes foolish people take it for granted that because scorpions are born from heaps of rice, the rice has produced the scorpions
- Such philosophers (impersonalists) push forward the argument that although cow dung is dead matter, sometimes it is found that scorpions come out of cow dung. Similarly, dead matter like nails and hair comes out of the living body
- The argument that the scorpion comes from cow dung, meaning that a living entity comes from matter, is also unsound
- The scorpion lays its eggs in piles of rice, and sometimes it is said that the scorpion is born out of rice. But the rice is not the cause of the scorpion. Actually, the eggs were laid by the mother
- The scorpion which comes out of the cow dung is certainly a living entity, but the living entity does not come out of the cow dung
- Then why a sadhu is pleased when a sarpa, a scorpion, or snake is killed? The reason is that these two kinds of creatures, they bite innocent persons without any fault. Without any fault. Or for little fault