scarce | scarcely | scarcity
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Dearth (9 P)
- ► Hardly (4 C, 79 P)
- ► Meagre (1 C, 13 P)
Pages in category "Scarcity"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A huge arrangement exists for producting large-scale industrial & agricultural products, but all these products are meant for sense gratification. Therefore despite such productive capacities there is scarcity because the population is full of thieves
- According to nature's arrangement, living entities lower on the evolutionary scale do not eat or collect more than necessary. Consequently in the animal kingdom there is generally no economic problem or scarcity of necessities
- If there is any scarcity in the world, it is the scarcity of God consciousness, otherwise, by the grace of the Lord, there is no scarcity of anything
- In several provinces in India, especially Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and other adjoining states, there is sometimes a great scarcity of foodstuffs due to lack of rainfall
- In the Vaikuntha planets there is no scarcity of the things which are available in the material world; they are available, but they are more valuable because they are spiritual and therefore eternal and blissful
- In the warfield, scarcity of water is a well-known fact. Water is very rare there, and both the animals and men, working strenuously on the warfield, constantly require water to quench their thirst
- It is foretold herein (SB 4.16.8) that if there would be a scarcity of rain, King Prthu would manage to counteract the deficiency by virtue of his godly powers. Such powers were also exhibited by Lord Krsna when He was present in Vrndavana
- It is said that in this age of Kali everyone will be extremely disturbed by three kinds of tribulations: scarcity of rain, famine, and heavy taxation by the government
- KC Society will never experience any poverty stricken life because the members are so rich being constantly in association with Krishna, while others may feel the pinching scarcity enforced by Maya, KC persons will feel the whole world full of enjoyment
- Krsna, the supreme controller, has created the material world, which is completely perfect and free from scarcity
- Maharaja Yudhisthira had to collect heaps of gold to secure the paraphernalia for the horse sacrifice yajnas in days of sufficiency, so we can hardly think of such performance of yajnas in these days of insufficiency and complete scarcity of gold
- Miseries in the form of famine, pestilence, scarcity, war, earthquakes and so on are caused by the demigods or other sources beyond our control
- Modern civilization and economic development are creating a new situation of poverty and scarcity with the result of blackmailing the consumer's commodities
- Money is very scarce in the village. Let us go to the city and spend. You get five hundred dollars but you have to spend eight hundred dollars. Then he will learn how to drink, how to go to cinema, how to go to restaurant, how to go to club
- Mucukunda continued, "Before taking the enjoyment of material life one has to work so hard that there is scarcely an opportunity for peacefully enjoying"
- Scarcity of language which you are now feeling in this connection (presenting Krsna Consciousness Movement in the circle of educated people) will be fulfilled by Krsna by the process of your eagerness to serve Him
- Scarcity of water was solved in the Battle of Kuruksetra by means of boring the ground. By God's grace, water can be easily obtained from any place if there is facility for boring the ground
- Sinful eating can never make one happy or free from scarcity
- Sometimes, when there is a scarcity of living entities to take charge of Brahma's post, Maha-Visnu expands Himself as Lord Brahma
- Thank you for appreciating Sri Caitanya-caritamrta. There is no need to feel sad at the end of a chapter or a volume because there is always another chapter and another volume. There is no scarcity.You want more nectarine and the supply is also there
- The demons who fight with the Lord in the material world are sometimes His associates. When there is a scarcity of demons and the Lord wants to fight, He instigates some of His associates of Vaikuntha to come and play as demons
- The earth produces sufficient grain to feed the entire population, but the distribution of this grain is restricted due to trade regulations and a desire for profit. Consequently in some places there is scarcity of grain and in others profuse production
- The elder gopis said, "When Krsna and Balarama are caught stealing the yogurt and butter, They say," ‘Why do you charge Us with stealing? Do you think that butter and yogurt are in scarcity in Our house?'
- The gopis continued, "Just after eating in the house of a host, the guest gives up his relationship with him. After a forest fire, when there is a scarcity of green grass, deer and other animals give up the forest"
- The materialistic advancement of civilization is called "the civilization of the demons," which ultimately ends in wars and scarcity
- The proper execution of yajna, sacrifice, is required. As indicated herein (SB 4.16.5), King Prthu alone would induce all the citizens to engage in such sacrificial activities so that there would not be scarcity or distress
- The sacrificial fire kindled by the sages of Naimisaranya was certainly full of smoke and doubts because of many flaws. The first flaw is that there is an acute scarcity of expert brahmanas able to carry out performances successfully in this age of Kali
- The Supreme Lord is quite competent to provide, to supply the necessities of life to millions and millions of living entities. There is no question of scarcity of supply
- There is no scarcity of material, so we may distribute the message regularly, never mind it is not so highly printed. So far collections is concerned of the sales proceeds of Back To Godhead
- They are all intelligent in sense gratification. Quite equal in intelligence, like the man. There is no scarcity of intelligence
- What the hands and legs will do if there is brain, if there is no brain? So at the present moment there is scarcity of brain in the whole human society. Therefore, it is in the chaotic condition
- Whatever the necessities of life, it will be supplied by nature simply by proper pouring of water, vrsti. Actually, now the whole world is suffering for drought. There is scarcity of rain
- When there is a scarcity of pious living beings, the Lord incarnates Himself as Brahma, Prajapati, Indra, etc., and takes up the charge
- When there is no rainfall and the citizens are in great danger due to the scarcity of water, this royal PG will be able to supply rains exactly like the heavenly King Indra. Thus he will very easily be able to protect the citizens from drought
- Whenever there is scarcity of supply or scarcity of food, it is not due to overpopulation. It is due to overcriminality or over-sinful activities
- Why should there be scarcity of money? What are you doing with this money? Please give me your report