Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sanctity | sanctification | sanctified | sanctifiedly | sanctifier | sanctifies | sanctififed | sanctify | sanctifying
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Sanctify"
The following 75 pages are in this category, out of 75 total.
- According to Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita, anyone, including so-called low born men, who may take shelter unto the Lotus Feet of Lord Krishna or His devotees, is sanctified by initiation proces
- According to the Varaha Purana, as quoted by Srila Jiva Gosvami, there is no difference between the water of the Ganges and the Yamuna, but when the water of the Ganges is sanctified one hundred times, it is called the Yamuna
- After controlling one's mind and sitting postures, one should spread a seat in a secluded and sanctified place, sit there in an easy posture, keeping the body erect, and practice breath control
- After hearing him (the brahmana), Arjuna immediately prepared himself by touching sanctified water and uttering holy mantras to protect his bows and arrows from danger
- After His meditation, Lord Krsna would regularly bathe early in the morning with clear, sanctified water. Then He would change into fresh clothing, cover Himself with a wrapper and engage Himself in His daily religious functions
- Akrura continued, "I am Your surrendered servant. Please do not try to avoid me. Please, come along with me, with Your elder brother (Balarama) and cowherd boyfriends, and sanctify my house"
- Akrura continued, "The Ganges water not only sanctifies the three worlds but is carried on the head of Lord Siva. The ancestors of Bhagiratha, sanctified by this water, achieved the heavenly planets"
- Although chanting is quite sufficient to cover all the Biddhis, still to keep ourselves pure and sanctified, we must observe the rules and regulations of Pancaratriki Biddhi
- As far as sanctity is concerned, the River Yamuna is more directly connected with Lord Krsna than the Ganges. The Lord sanctified the River Yamuna from the beginning of His transcendental pastimes in the world
- At that time all the great minds and thinkers, accompanied by their disciples, and sages who could verily sanctify a place of pilgrimage just by their presence, arrived there on the plea of making a pilgrim's journey
- Because Laksmi is famous as Cancala, Lord Narayana indicated that she might not have been living perpetually by His chest, but because His chest had been touched by the feet of Bhrgu Muni, it was now sanctified
- Before begetting a child, one has to sanctify his perplexed mind. When the parents engage their minds in the lotus feet of the Lord and in such a state the child is born, naturally good devotee children come
- Being thirsty one night, the King entered the arena of sacrifice, and when he saw all the brahmanas lying down, he personally drank the sanctified water meant to be drunk by his wife
- Every place within a radius of one hundred miles from where a devotee is born becomes sanctified
- Every residential house in Vrndavana was decorated for the worship of the sun-god and the fire-god and for the reception of guests, cows, brahmanas and demigods. Every home was sanctified by lights and incense
- Having lamented over them (the dead relatives) and sufficiently offered Ganges water, they (the Pandavas, with Draupadi) bathed in the Ganges, whose water is sanctified due to being mixed with the dust of the lotus feet of the Lord
- He (Sukadeva Gosvami) was accustomed to stay at the door of a householder only long enough for a cow to be milked. And he did this just to sanctify the residence
- He was constantly sanctified by taking his bath in holy places, although he was in the dress of a mendicant and had no hair dressing nor a bed on which to lie. Thus he was always unseen by his various relatives
- I am on the deathbed. I may go away at any moment. Now it is up to you to give protection to the sanctity of our institution
- I am sending you therefore one copy of Gayatri mantra on a small tape along with specific directions for performing the ceremony. Also enclosed you will find one sacred thread duly sanctified by me and it is for Dharmaraj
- I am the master of My unobstructed internal energy, and the water of the Ganges is the remnant left after My feet are washed. That water sanctifies the three worlds, along with Lord Siva, who bears it on his head
- I especially appreciate your attitude toward increasing more and more the sales of our books, that will sanctify all other activities of preaching because preaching means selling books
- I have duly chanted them as you have desired, and they are returned herewith enclosed. However, in future, please be very careful to keep these sanctified beads. You should be more heedful
- If simply by chanting the holy name of the Lord one becomes sanctified instantly, then what can be said of those persons who see the Supreme Lord face to face and who understand the descent of the Lord, as Devahuti understands Kapiladeva
- It is better that prostitutes be available in the marketplace so that the sanctity of society can be maintained
- It is better that prostitutes be available in the marketplace so that the sanctity of society can be maintained. It is better to maintain a class of prostitutes than to encourage prostitutes within society
- Salagrama-sila refers to pebbles that appear like stones with circle; marked up and down. These are available in the river known as Gandaki-nadi. Wherever the waters of this river flow, the place becomes immediately sanctified
- Sanctified devotee
- Simply by our remembering you, our houses become instantly sanctified. And what to speak of seeing you, touching you, washing your holy feet and offering you a seat in our home?
- Since his life was in danger, he (Asvatthama) touched water in sanctity and concentrated upon the chanting of the hymns for throwing nuclear weapons, although he did not know how to withdraw such weapons
- Sinful persons go to the holy places and leave their sins there to accumulate. But the presence of the great saints disinfects the accumulated sins, and thus the holy places continue to remain sanctified by the grace of the devotees and saints present
- Srutadeva thought, "How has it become possible that Lord Krsna, who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His associates, the great sages, whose very presence makes a place as sanctified as a pilgrimage site, have agreed to come to my place"
- That water (the Ganges) sanctifies the three worlds inside and outside and even sanctifies Lord Siva and other demigods. Consequently everyone who is destined to die must take shelter of this river
- That water sanctifies the three worlds inside and outside and even sanctifies Lord Siva and other demigods. Consequently everyone who is destined to die must take shelter of this river
- The abode known as Kailasa is full of different herbs and vegetables, and it is sanctified by Vedic hymns and mystic yoga practice. Thus the residents of that abode are demigods by birth and have all mystic powers
- The Bhagavata Bidhi is preaching work, and Sankirtana, and Pancaratriki Bidhi is Temple worship of the Deities. The Temple worship will keep us sanctified, and when we shall preach in sanctified, pure heart, the preaching will be immediately effective
- The damsels of the heavenly planets, polluted by thoughts of sex life, come down to bathe in the sanctified rivers and enjoy sprinkling water on their husbands
- The life of a Krsna conscious householder is transcendental to Vedic injunctions and is automatically sanctified because Krsna is the center of all activities
- The Lord sanctified the River Yamuna from the beginning of His transcendental pastimes in the world
- The Lord's lotus feet are called tirtha-pada because under their protection there are hundreds and thousands of saintly persons who sanctify the sacred places of pilgrimage
- The personified Vedas continued, "Krsna conscious persons therefore take shelter of the association of devotees or sanctified places of pilgrimage"
- The real yoga-marga process is to control the senses, sit in a solitary and sanctified place and meditate on the four-handed form of Narayana
- The seat of kusa straw is considered to be sanctified if the straw is taken out of the earth complete with root, and if the root is pointed toward the east it is considered to be auspicious
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead was engaged in His so-called household affairs in order to teach people how one can sanctify one's household life although one may be attached to the imprisonment of material existence
- The Vrndavana forest was as sanctified as the clear mind of a devotee and was full of bees, flowers and fruits. There were chirping birds and clear-water lakes, with waters that could relieve one of all fatigue
- The water of the Ganges sanctifies all the three worlds, including the gods and the demigods, because it emanates from the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead Visnu
- They (sinful persons) may make a show of being vanguards of religion, but behind this facade they continue their reprehensible activities. They vilify the sanctity of the religion of their birth and go against their own country's interest
- Those great sages who have completely taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord can at once sanctify those who come in touch with them, whereas the waters of the Ganges can sanctify only after prolonged use
- Those who are not purely sanctified may be attracted by different features of the Lord like the impersonal brahma-jyotir and localized Paramatma, but a pure devotee directly takes to the service of the Supreme Lord
- Those who are situated on the platform of santa-rasa get their impetus for advancement in devotional service by smelling the tulasi offered at the lotus feet of the Lord, by hearing the sound of His conchshell, seeing a sanctified place in some mountain
- Those words which do not describe the glories of the Lord, who alone can sanctify the atmosphere of the whole universe, are considered by saintly persons to be like unto a place of pilgrimage for crows
- To practice concentration of the mind, one has to sit with the head and the back in a straight line, and one must practice in a secluded place, sanctified by a sacred atmosphere
- Upon your recommendation, I am accepting the following twice born brahmanas; Koshalendra Das Adhikari, Jyoti Das Adhikari. Enclosed please find their threads sanctified by me
- Upon your recommendation, I have accepted Laureen Cogan for first initiation and her spiritual name is Lohanga-dasi. I am also accepting for second initiation, Jagatkarta dasa and Kamarikanta dasi. Enclosed find one sanctified brahmin thread
- Wherever the waters of the Ganges are flowing, all will be sanctified, both externally and internally
- While Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was unconscious, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, with the help of the watchman and some disciples, carried Him to his home and laid Him down in a very sanctified room
- While making sounds by churning, they (the gopis) also sang the glories of Krsna. The two sound vibrations mixed together, ascended to the sky and sanctified the whole atmosphere