Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ritual | rituals
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Ritual"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- A devotee says, "I am always swimming in the nectarean ocean of the pastimes of the SPG & I have no more attraction for religious rituals, economic development, sense gratification, or even the ultimate salvation of merging into the existence of Brahman"
- A person fully conversant with Krsna consciousness does not perform any rituals because he knows that simply by serving Krsna in full Krsna consciousness, all rituals are automatically performed
- A ritual should be performed by young men, even boys, at a tender age in order for the ritual to be performed successfully
- A sinful life can be counteracted by various processes of religion such as yajna, vrata and dana - that is, the performance of sacrifices, the taking of a vow for some religious ritual, and the giving of charity
- According to the Vedic injunctions, a brahmana is the mouth of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore in all rituals a brahmana is offered food because when a brahmana eats, it is considered that the Supreme Lord Himself eats
- According to the Vedic principles, when a worshiper worships a particular demigod, he also conducts some ritual for Narayana, Yajnesvara
- According to the Vedic system, if someone sees a Muslim he must perform rituals to atone for the meeting. Sanatana Gosvami always associated with Muslim kings. Not giving much attention to the Vedic injunctions, he used to visit the houses of Muslim kings
- Actually such a wife (a chaste wife, accepted through a religious marriage ritual) become the source of all good intelligence
- Although the boys were village boys and were not expected to be learned in all the Vedic principles of religious ritual, they hinted that because of their association with Krsna and Balarama, they knew all those principles
- Although the rituals of religion are confidential, meditation and cultivation of knowledge are still more confidential. And surrender unto Krsna in devotional service in full Krsna consciousness is the most confidential instruction
- Any person who is always ready to satisfy Krsna and who is always dexterous in executing devotional service is called dharma-vira, or chivalrous in executing religious rituals
- At the present moment no one can perform the proper ritual of sacrifice, nor can anyone afford to pay for the marriage ceremony of sons and daughters. Therefore householders are very much distressed when they are confronted by these social duties
- Because animal sacrifice is recommended in the Vedas, there are animal sacrifices in almost all religious rituals. However, one should not be satisfied simply by killing animals according to the directions of the scriptures
- By performance of religious rituals one ultimately reaches the supreme goal of knowledge by understanding that Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the cause of everything
- I (Kasyapa Muni) offer my obeisances unto You (the Supreme Personality of Godhead), whose heart and soul are the three Vedic rituals (karma-kanda, jnana-kanda and upasana-kanda) and who expand these rituals in the form of sacrifice
- If one gets a chaste wife, accepted through a religious marriage ritual, she can be of great help when one is threatened by the many dangerous situations of life
- If we become attracted by the rituals only or formulas, and quarrel on that point
- If you want to find out the Absolute Truth through this rituals and priesthood, then the result will be that you will be bitten by some poisonous insects and your attempt will be unsuccessful
- In this age it is very difficult to perform all those rituals. First thing, it is very difficult to obtain all the ingredients for sacrificing method. And people are not very well to do. They cannot secure also
- It is not the method that is important. The real important is how to develop your love of Krsna. If somebody develops love of Krsna, or God, without those methods, there is no objection. We are not limited by the methods or ritual
- O descendant of Bhrgu (Saunaka), after performing funeral rituals for the dead body of Bhismadeva, Maharaja Yudhisthira was momentarily overtaken with grief
- One must be intelligent enough to understand the purpose of the Vedas, without being attached to the rituals only, and must not desire to be elevated to the heavenly kingdoms for a better quality of sense gratification
- Sacrifices, austerities and charities performed without faith in the Supreme Personality of Godhead are nonpermanent. Regardless of whatever rituals are performed, they are called asat, nonpermanent
- Sanat-Kumara said, "Others, who are not in Krsna consciousness but are trying to become great mystics or great ritual-performers, cannot advance like the devotees"
- The banyan tree (asvattha) is one of the highest and most beautiful trees, and people in India often worship it as one of their daily morning rituals
- The brahmanas said, "To hell with our family! To hell with our expert service in performing the rituals exactly according to the description of the scriptures"
- The living entity, while executing devotional service or transcendental rituals after many, many births, may actually become situated in transcendental pure knowledge that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the ultimate goal of spiritual realization
- The purpose of sacrificial rituals is to revive, gradually, the spiritual realization of the living entities. That is the beginning of life within this universe
- The Rakhi Bandhan ceremony observed by you under instruction of Prasad isn't approved by our Vaisnava rituals
- The rituals and sacrifices mentioned in the karma-kanda division of the Vedic literature are meant to encourage gradual development of self-realization
- The supposed followers of the Vedas say that there is nothing beyond the Vedic ceremonies. Indeed, there is a group of men in India who are very fond of the Vedic rituals, not understanding the meaning of these rituals
- The whole worldly religious process is the same, I mean to say, experimental or formulas or rituals so that one may become dovetailed with the supreme consciousness
- The word dharma-ksetra (a place where religious rituals are performed) is significant because, on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, the Supreme Personality of Godhead was present on the side of Arjuna
- The world situation is so tense that at any moment governments may issue declarations to stop religious rituals. Eventually the world situation will become so degraded that it will be impossible for pious men to live on the planet
- Then, by hearing about the pure love of the residents of Vraja, devotees will worship Me on the path of spontaneous love, abandoning all rituals of religiosity and fruitive activity
- There are different rituals of yajna. If we want to perform such yajnas for sacrificing clarified butter, grains, there are different, so many kinds of yajnas. It is not possible in this age
- There is a gulf of difference between the results derived from devotional service and those derived from religious rituals
- Thereafter, Vedic hymns which had not been pronounced before, priestly rituals, the subject matters of the recitation, and transcendental activities were all established, one after another
- Under the direction of the bona fide spiritual master, one should see how much service is being executed, and not simply in the matter of rituals
- Unless one is very, very fortunate, he does not take to devotional service. Even the so-called learned Vedic scholars are bewildered by devotional service. They are generally attracted to the rituals for sense gratification
- We do not want to see how, what kind of rituals and performances you are doing; we want to see the result, how much you have tried or how much you have developed your love of Godhead
- When the gopis saw Krsna fearlessly playing on Putana’s lap, they very quickly came and picked Him up. Mother Yasoda, Rohini and other elder gopis immediately performed the auspicious rituals by taking the tail of a cow and circumambulating His body
- When the living entity engaged in devotional service relishes the fruit of love of Godhead, he forgets all religious ritual and improvements in his economic condition
- With such a good wife (a chaste wife, accepted through a religious marriage ritual), the family's engagement in the devotional service of the Lord actually makes a home a grhastha-asrama, or household dedicated to spiritual cultivation