rite | rites
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Sati Rite (11 P)
Pages in category "Rite"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A person who honors the prasadam and regularly eats it, not exactly in front of the Deity, along with caranamrtam immediately can achieve the results of pious activities which are obtained through ten thousand performances of sacrificial rites
- According to the Vedic system, a gift is offered to the spiritual master, which is called guru-daksina. Then the disciple should take to householder life and accept a wife according to religious rites
- After setting the fire, the Kauravas were so certain of the death of the Pandavas that Dhrtarastra performed the last rites of death with great cheerfulness
- Demigods like Brahma also follow the religious rites observed by him. He is the controller of the material energy, which causes the creation of the material world. He is great, and therefore his devilish characteristics are simply imitation
- Despite being highly elevated in the knowledge of Vedic sacrificial rites, all such nondevotee brahmanas, although they think of themselves as very highly elevated, are ignorant, foolish persons
- Krsna asked everyone to give up all kinds of religious rites & simply surrender unto Him. It is said that this Age of Kali is three-fourths devoid of religious principles. Hardly one fourth of the principles of religion are still observed in this age
- Krsna's fine discretion was exhibited when He was fighting with the untouchable king who attacked the city of Mathura. According to Vedic rites, those who are untouchable are not to be touched by the ksatriya kings, not even for killing
- On his (Durvasa Muni's) arrival at the door of Maharaja Yudhisthira, he was at once well received, and the King requested him to finish his noontime religious rites in the river, for by that time the foodstuff would be prepared
- On His (Krsna) journey through these provinces He was welcomed, worshiped and given various presentations. In the evening, in all places, the Lord suspended His journey to perform evening rites. This was regularly observed after sunset
- The fifth excellence of Lord Krsna's appearance is that He established the most excellent of all religious principles by His one statement in the Bhagavad-gita that simply by surrendering unto Him one can discharge all the principles of religious rites
- The Kauravas were so certain of the death of the Pandavas that Dhrtarastra performed the last rites of death with great cheerfulness
- The production of grains, grass, etc. becomes possible by rain, and this rain is made to shower properly by performance of recommended sacrifices. Such sacrifices are directed by the rites of the Vedas, namely Sama, Yajur, Rg and Atharva
- The rites, as they are, are not an end in themselves, nor are fruitive action, culture of knowledge or perfection in mystic powers ends in themselves
- The Vedic rites and rituals are imperative for neophytes: comprehending all kinds of prayer three times a day, taking a bath early in the morning, offering respects to the forefathers, etc
- They (the rites) are all means to attain to the highest stage of svarupa, to render constitutional transcendental service to the Lord