Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
risk | risked | risking | risks
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Risk"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- A person in Krsna consciousness does not run this risk. One therefore has to engage one's mind and senses in Krsna conscious activities, and Lord Caitanya teaches one how to do this in practice
- Action in Krsna consciousness is always superior to renunciation, which always entails a risk of falling
- After deliberating on this point, he (Bali Maharaja) decided that Lord Visnu should be pleased in all circumstances, even at the risk of ignoring the guru's advice to the contrary
- All the friends were very daring and would risk any difficulty, because they were confident that Krsna would help them to be victorious in all adventures
- Although Akrura was trusted by the enemy of Krsna, his heart was clear. He was a pure devotee of Krsna. He risked becoming Kamsa’s deputy just to meet Krsna
- Although I am King of the demigods, who are situated in the mode of goodness, I was proud of a little opulence and polluted by false ego. Under the circumstances, who in this world would accept such riches at the risk of falling down?
- Atheists do not want God because they're always sinful, and if they think of God, that there is God, then there is a great risk of punishment. They shudder. Therefore they deny God
- Even at the risk of death such a devotee is never bereft of the transcendental loving service of the Lord. A glorious example of this ecstatic love was exhibited by King Pariksit when he was at the point of death
- Everyone wants that I live in a nice family home with my children, wife and good income, "I shall be very happy". For this reason one takes the risk marrying. There is pleasure there
- God does not give you sanction for doing anything criminal. But if we persist to do something criminal, then God gives sanction, "All right, do. Do it at your risk." That is going on
- Grandfather Bhisma remembered this scene (Krsna ran towards him with a chariot wheel to kill him), and He later praised Krsna for His glorious favoritism towards His devotee, Arjuna, even at the risk of breaking His own promise
- Hanuman, he was not even a man, he was animal, but his only business was to serve Lord Ramacandra at any risk. He jumped over the ocean. He did not know any Vedanta philosophy, he was an animal
- He (Kamsa) was acting as his sister's chariot driver, but as soon as he heard that his self-interest or his life was at risk, he forgot all affection for her and immediately became a great enemy. This is the nature of demons
- If I go to preach, and in association with others, if I fall down, then my business will be finished. So they do not come. Only Vaisnava comes at the risk of their falldown. They do not fall down, but they go even to the hell to deliver
- If one is devotee, he cannot sit down silently. He wants to preach God's glories to others, even at the risk of life, like Lord Jesus Christ did it. Even at the risk of life, he preached God consciousness. That is the duty of a devotee
- In a fearful attitude, she (Rukmini) looked upon Krsna's face, expressing her gratefulness that He had taken such a great risk for her sake only
- In material consciousness we are trying to love that which is not at all lovable. We give our love to cats and dogs, running the risk that at the time of death we may think of them and consequently take birth in a family of cats or dogs
- Irresponsible men also provoke adultery in society, and thus unwanted children flood the human race at the risk of war and pestilence
- It is better to take the right path, even at the risk of death. Human life is meant for finishing all kinds of miseries of material existence, and life should be so regulated that one can achieve the desired goal
- King Arhat, being bewildered, gave up the Vedic principles, which are free from risk, and concocted a new system of religion opposed to the Vedas. That was the beginning of the Jain dharma. Many other so-called religions followed this atheistic system
- Krsna said, "Everywhere you (the gopis) go you will find that all these animals are loitering to find their prey. I think, therefore, that you are taking a great risk in coming here in the dead of night. Please turn back immediately, without delay"
- Many realized souls, such as Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and King Kulasekhara, have recommended with great emphasis that one develop this spontaneous love of Godhead, even at the risk of transgressing all the traditional codes of morality and religiosity
- Material life means great risk - at every step there is danger. But, a devotee is not jolted by this
- Material life means great risk-at every step there is danger. But, a devotee is not jolted by this. He simply tries to render whatever service possible and accepts everything as the mercy of Krishna
- One should not be very much anxious about economic development and unnecessarily waste time and energy with the risk of falling down in the cycle of birth and death
- One should offer everything to the Lord. 31) One should offer a favorite article (as food or a garment). 32) One should take all kinds of risks for Krsna's benefit. 33) In every condition, be a surrendered soul. 34) Pour water on the tulasi tree
- People all over the world are madly engaging in sense gratification and in this way spoiling their human lives, with the risk that in the next life they may become animals or less. Human society should be saved from such a risky civilization
- People do not consider how they are risking their lives in an attempt to have illicit sex life, kill animals to satisfy their tongue, enjoy intoxication and gamble
- Sometimes even at a risk, a sannyasi in the line of Caitanya Mahaprabhu may accept even a person who is not thoroughly fit to become a disciple. Later on, by the mercy of such a bona fide spiritual master, the disciple is gradually elevated
- Such activities (do anything and everything to please the Lord, even at the risk of violating the Vedic principles or ethical laws) in pure love of Godhead are as spotless as white linen that has been completely washed
- That is the practice. You should simply come to the thinking of Krsna. That is perfection. And if you become embarrassed with so many things, then there is risk of becoming a cat, dog, deer, or demigod, anything
- The devotee, simply by understanding the transcendental nature of the body and activities of the Lord, attains the abode of the Lord after ending this body and does not run the risk of returning to this material world
- The idea is that devotional service to the Lord is the only method of cleansing the heart for good. Whereas other methods may be superficially good for the time being, there is a risk of becoming muddy again due to agitation of the mind
- The personalist, without any risk, trouble or difficulty, approaches the Supreme Personality directly
- The risks involved in such love of Godhead (parakiya-rasa) make this emotion superior to the relationship in which such risk is not involved. The validity of such risk, however, is possible only in the transcendental realm
- The Supersoul is ordering, "Don't do it," because without God's sanction he cannot steal. But when the thief persists, then He says, "All right, you do at your risk." This is the position of the Supersoul and the soul
- The thief, the burglars, they risk their life. They go to steal to a man's house, and it is known that as soon as he is known, "He has come," the man, the proprietor of the house, may immediately shoot him. That risk he takes
- The world is full of Jagais and Madhais; namely drunkards, women-hunters, meat eaters and gamblers, and we will have to approach them at the risk of insult, injury and similar other rewards
- There are many examples in history of devotees who risked their lives for the spreading of God consciousness. The favorite example is Lord Jesus Christ. He was crucified by the nondevotees, but he sacrificed his life for spreading God consciousness
- There is so much risk, as running these cars so many people are dying. There is record, it is very dangerous. At least I feel as soon as I go to the street, it is dangerous. The motorcar are running so speedy, and what is the business?
- Those who have dedicated their lives to the transcendental topics of the Personality of Godhead, of whom the Vedic hymns sing, and who are constantly engaged in remembering the lotus feet of the Lord, do not run the risk of having misconceptions
- Tourists means they are all rich class of men. They come here to spend money for sense gratification. That is the way of civilization, the modern civilization: "Earn money at any cost. At the risk of all advancement of life, enjoy"
- We should be prepared to do anything and everything to please the Lord, even at the risk of violating the Vedic principles or ethical laws. That is the standard of love of Godhead. Such activities in pure love of Godhead are as spotless as white linen
- When the enemy, headed by Jarasandha, found that they were gradually being defeated by the soldiers of Krsna, they thought it unwise to risk losing their armies in the battle for the sake of Sisupala
- When the Lord saw that there was no time for the Pandavas to counteract the brahmastra of Asvatthama, He took up His weapon even at the risk of breaking His own vow
- Why was Dhrtarastra living there at the house of the Pandavas? Because he wanted to continue his life comfortably, even at the risk of all humiliation. Vidura, therefore, was astonished how powerful is the urge to continue life