Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
remark | remarked | remarking | remarks
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Remark"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- I am very sorry to learn that our press is lying idle, and your remark in this connection that we have purchased the cart before the horse is appropriate
- I reached Boston as scheduled on December 21st, and there was a good reception by the devotees for Krishna's servant. The newspaper article published remarked on this occasion that "in the Logan Airport there has never been anything like this."
- In such a transcendental angry mood sometimes sarcastic remarks, unfavorable glances and insulting words are exhibited
- It is a matter of great regret that recently in my birthplace, West Bengal, there are some who are making agitations and various uncalled for remarks without knowing the real facts. All these have pained me to a great extent
- It is remarked by the Lord Himself that those who are attached to this impersonal feature of the Lord suffer a very troublesome task because no one can concentrate on the impersonal feature
- One of the friends once remarked, "Sudama is trying his best to see Damodara defeated, and I think that if our powerful Subala joins him, they will be a very beautiful combination, like a valuable jewel bedecked with gold"
- One politician in U.S.A., he has remarked that "This Krsna consciousness movement is increasing like an epidemic." He has said that. "And if we do not check it, one day it may take our government." He has opined like that
- One time an atheistic svami remarked, "What is the use of watering the tulasi plant? It is better to water eggplant. By watering the eggplant one can get some fruits, but what is the use of watering the tulasi?"
- Parvata Muni, a friend of Narada's, saw the wonderful transformation of the hunter by devotional service, and remarked, "My dear hunter, your unwillingness to kill even an ant is not very astonishing"
- Parvati was engaged to worship the genital of Lord Siva. He was in meditation, and he could not be awakened. Kalidasa Kavi is giving remark that "Here is dhira. Here is dhira. A young girl touching the genital of Lord Siva, and he is not agitated."
- Sometimes there are indirect sarcastic remarks which also create atihasita circumstances. An example of one such remark was made by one of the cowherd girls to Kutila, the daughter of Jatila and sister of Abhimanyu, the so-called husband of Radharani
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura remarks that Narottama dasa Thakura and Syamananda Gosvami, although not born in brahmana families, are accepted as bona fide spiritual masters because they were brahmanas by qualification
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura remarks that up to the advent of His Holiness Sripada Laksmipati Tirtha, it was the system in the disciplic succession of Madhvacarya to worship Lord Krsna alone
- Srila Rupa Gosvami remarks in this connection that one who is actually attracted by the beauty of the lotus feet of Sri Krsna or His service, and whose heart, by such attraction, is always full with transcendental bliss
- Srila Rupa Gosvami remarks that there is also transcendental excellence in this kind of symptom
- Srila Rupa Gosvami remarks that when various symptoms become manifest very prominently, the devotee's condition can be called the brightest. For example, a friend of Krsna addressed Him as follows
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura remarks here that this Vaikuntha planet, like Srimad-Bhagavatam, appears and is said to be born or created, but both Srimad-Bhagavatam and Vaikuntha eternally exist beyond the material universes
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura remarks in this connection that if sannyasis (persons in the renounced order of life, who have left their homes for self-realization) do not engage themselves in the devotional service of the Lord
- The citizens of Mathura then began to talk about Balarama. They spoke of His very beautiful lotus-petal eyes, and they remarked of Him, "This boy has killed the Pralamba demon and many others also"
- The idea is, that the rapid advancement of the Hare Krsna Movement has threatened the foundation of Western Civilization. One American politician has remarked in this connection, that the Hare Krsna Movement is spreading like an epidemic
- The other professor has remarked that my books will be appreciated by students of consciousness. That is very good
- The Vaisnava-tosani remarks that although the handcart was higher than the child (Krsna), the child could easily touch the wheel of the cart, and this was sufficient to send the demon down to the earth
- The wife is maya but at the same time a great friend. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu remarked that the wife is the goddess of fortune somewhere and somewhere she is a witch
- This man should be immediately removed. He has focused a sarcastic remark on a very pure religious system
- This sarcastic remark pointed out that Dhrtarastra was falsely claiming the throne on hereditary grounds. Actually Pandu had been the rightful king, and in the presence of Pandu's sons, the Pandavas, Dhrtarastra should not have occupied the throne
- When Nityananda saw the Gopala Deity and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in that way, He began to exchange remarks with the devotees, all of whom were smiling
- When some great saintly persons who had undergone penances and austerities saw the four-handed transcendental form of Visnu, they began to remark as follows