Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
comment | commentated | commentating | commentation | commentations | commented | commenting | comments
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Commentation"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Bhagavad-gita is as clear as the sunlight. As you do not require to see the sun with another lamp, similarly, you do not require to study Bhagavad-gita with another commentation of a common man who has no knowledge
- Both stool and a cowardly son come from the abdomen of the mother, and Vrtrasura said that there is no difference between them. A similar comparison was given by Tulasi dasa, who commented that a son and urine both come from the same channel
- One may think that the maya taken away by Lord Krsna was mahamaya, but Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that it was yogamaya, the potency by which Krsna is sometimes manifest and sometimes not manifest
- One who comments on Srimad-Bhagavatam following in the footsteps of Sridhara Svami will be honored and accepted by everyone
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also comments that since Sati is the superintendent deity of the external potency, when she quit her body she did not get a spiritual body but simply transferred from the body she had received from Daksa
- Sri Vyasadeva very kindly compiled the Vedic knowledge in his Vedanta-sutra, but if one hears the commentation of the Mayavada school (as represented by the Sankara-sampradaya) certainly he will be misled on the path of spiritual realization
- Sridhara Svami comments in this connection that by association with material nature alone one does not become conditioned. Conditional life begins only after one is infected by the modes of material nature
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that saralata, or simplicity, is the first qualification of a Vaisnava, whereas duplicity or cunning behavior is a great offense against the principles of devotional service
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that the comparative position of Vasudeva Datta is millions of times better than that of Lord Jesus Christ
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that the word siddha-deha, "perfected spiritual body," refers to a body beyond the material gross body composed of five elements and the subtle astral body composed of mind, intelligence and false ego
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that although it was daytime for Lord Brahma, Brahma felt sleepy for a short time by the supreme will of the Lord. This short period is regarded as Lord Brahma's night
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that Bhuta had two wives. One of them, Sarupa, gave birth to the eleven Rudras, and the other wife gave birth to the associates of the Rudras known as the ghosts and hobgoblins
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that it was yogamaya, the potency by which Krsna is sometimes manifest and sometimes not manifest
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that the word anvaha means that he (Svayambhuva Manu) chanted or murmured to himself, not that he lectured to anyone
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that those who seek gold and silver can worship Lord Siva for material opulences
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is a personal commentation on the Vedanta-sutra by Sri Vyasadeva. It was written in the maturity of his spiritual life through the mercy of Narada
- The comments by Mr. Keating are very nice, he offers us his admiration and his blessings for our selfless work, and that is a very great compliment coming from such an important man
- The perfect knowledge propounded in the revealed scriptures is confirmed by the great acaryas, who have left ample commentations upon them; none of these acaryas has disbelieved in the sastras