Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Reading the Bhagavad-gita
"read Bhagavad-gita"|"reading Bhagavad-gita"|"read at least one chapter of Bhagavad-gita"|"reads Bhagavad-gita"|"read the entire Bhagavad-gita"|"reading and hearing such scriptures"|"reads the scriptures—never mind"|"Bhagavad-gita is mostly read"|"Bhagavad-gita should be read"|"Bhagavad-gita, yes. You do not read"|"rascal is reading"|"better than reading"|"read from Bhagavad-gita"|"Professor Einstein, he was reading regularly"|"The beauty of transcendental literatures like Bhagavad-gita"|"The narrations of Bhagavad-gita"|"read some nice philosophical portion"|"read very carefully Srimad-Bhagavatam"
Pages in category "Reading the Bhagavad-gita"
The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 total.
- All students should be encouraged to write some article after reading SB, BG, and TLC. They should realize the information, and they must present their assimilation in their own words. Otherwise, how they can become preachers?
- All the devotees connected with the Krsna consciousness movement must read all the books that have been translated (the CC, SB, BG and others); otherwise, after some time, they will simply eat, sleep and fall down from their position
- Anyone may read Bhagavad-gita or the Srimad-Bhagavatam repeatedly throughout his whole life and yet find in them new light of information
- As long as I read the Bhagavad-gita, I simply see the Lord's beautiful features. It is for this reason that I am reading the Bhagavad-gita, and my mind cannot be distracted from this
- As soon as Krsna is within your heart so when you read Bhagavad-gita or Krsna book with little seriousness, then Krsna understands, "Now he is serious to understand me." You haven't got to search out Krsna, He's already within you
- As we have read in the Fourth Chapter of Bhagavad-gita, evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh: "In this way, traditionally, from the spiritual master to the student, this knowledge was imparted"
- Because Bhagavad-gita is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one need not read any other Vedic literature. One need only attentively and regularly hear and read Bhagavad-gita
- Bhagavad-gita can be read or heard many times, but because it gives great pleasure, the more one reads Bhagavad-gita the more he gets the appetite to read and understand it
- Bhagavad-gita is a transcendental literature which one should read very carefully. And the result will be, if he properly follows the instruction, then he can be freed from all miseries of life, all anxieties of life and all fears of life
- Bhagavad-gita is mostly read by almost all classes of people of the world, but unfortunately they are accepted in an independent choice of indirect interpretation. That is a deviation, and for that reason only they cannot derive the direct benefit
- Bhagavad-gita is prohibited. Vasudeva speaking about Himself, but that is prohibited. And if somebody's reading, some rascal is reading, he's making minus Vasudeva. That's all. Bhagavad-gita minus Krsna. This is going on
- Bhagavad-gita it is said that man's attempt to reach higher planets is not new. Newspaper headlines read, "Man's First Steps on the Moon," but the reporters do not know that millions and millions of men went there and came back
- Bhagavad-gita, yes. You do not read even. You should have reference immediately
- Even big scholars cannot understand Krsna, yet they dare comment on the Bhagavad-gita. Reading the Bhagavad-gita means understanding Krsna, yet we actually see many scholars making blunders in trying to understand Krsna
- Every intelligent and sane man must abandon the philosophical explanation of the Mayavadis and accept the explanation of Vaisnava acaryas. One should read Bhagavad-gita As It Is to try to understand the real purport of the Vedas
- I am so glad to learn that you are reading my Bhagavad-gita As It Is with great interest, and I hope if you kindly read my books carefully that all your spiritual desires will be fulfilled
- I have never seen a priest of other religion reading this book, but there are many scholars and philosophers all over the world who read Bhagavad-gita regularly
- I heard that Professor Einstein, the greatest scientist, was regularly reading Bhagavad-gita, and later on he became practically God-conscious
- If he reads Srimad-Bhagavatam, Bhagavad-gita, he is not ordinary man
- If Krsna speaks false, something defective, then where is the use of reading Bhagavad-gita? Why should we read Bhagavad-gita which is spoken by a person who is defective? No. That's not... What Krsna is speaking, that is fact
- If one commits any of the above offenses, one must read at least one chapter of Bhagavad-gita. This is confirmed in the Skanda-Purana, Avanti-khanda
- If one reads Bhagavad-gita very sincerely and with all seriousness, then by the grace of the Lord the reactions of his past misdeeds will not act upon him
- If one wants full knowledge in life, then he must read Bhagavatam. Bhagavad-gita is the preliminary ABCD, and then let him read Bhagavatam
- If we are at all able to grasp this genuine message of Sri Krsna, the teacher of Bhagavad-gita, then and only then can we perfectly appreciate the teachings of Bhagavad-gita. Otherwise, we can go on reading Bhagavad-gita life after life and fail
- If we read chapter after chapter (of Bhagavad-gita) very nicely, then we come gradually to the perfection of knowledge
- If we read the entire Bhagavad-gita every day, all eighteen chapters, in each reading we shall find a new explanation. That is the nature of transcendental literature
- If we take seriously the instruction of our spiritual master and try to read Bhagavad-gita according to his instruction, then gradually we shall realize Krsna
- If you can meditate upon a few verses of Bhagavad-gita every day, that is better than reading for simply one hour and then forgetting the topics until the next reading
- If you read Bhagavad-gita, you understand the transcendental science very easily
- In spite of reading and hearing such scriptures (Vedanta-sutras, Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam), unless one is in touch with a realized spiritual master, he cannot actually realize the real nature of self, etc
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna is the principal factor, but anyone who is trying to kill Krsna and reading Bhagavad-gita, that is Kamsa's reading
- In the Bhagavad-gita you have read that one should fully utilize one's talent for the service of the Lord. Arjuna was a military man and he utilized his talent fully for executing the purpose of Lord Sri Krishna
- It doesn't matter whether it is in India or America or Australia. Any human being, if he tries and if he reads the scriptures - never mind, Bible, Bhagavad-gita, Bhagavata - then he will understand God
- My only request is that all of you try to chant this Hare Krsna maha-mantra and, if possible, read Krsna book, Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Don't read Bhagavad-gita where the attempt is to kill Krsna
- My request is that you read carefully the Bhagavad-gita As It Is and do not be mislead by the fools and rascals
- One gentleman told me that Professor Einstein, he was also reading Bhagavad-gita daily. Hitler was reading. Such, such big, big men. But I know many scholars, even Muhammadans, they also read Bhagavad-gita
- One religion, Vedic religion. Vedic religion means to accept the Supreme Personality of Godhead as the Supreme Person Absolute Truth. This is Vedic religion. Those who have read Bhagavad-gita, it is said there in the Fifteenth Chapter
- One should read Bhagavad-gita very scrutinizingly with the help of a person who is a devotee of Sri Krsna and try to understand it without personally motivated interpretations. The example of clear understanding is there in the Bhagavad-gita itself
- One who is fortunate, after reading Bhagavad-gita thoroughly, he'll have a strong faith in Krsna. If you have failed to achieve this status of faith, then there is no question of progress
- Our only request is that if you want happiness, if you want to prosper, make your life successful, you must read Bhagavad-gita thoroughly, as it is, as Krsna says. Don't try to misinterpret
- Our procedure is very simple and consistent. We chant, we read from Bhagavad-gita & Srimad-Bhagavatam and we distribute prasadam
- People do not understand, and they read Bhagavad-gita daily. And they are very much proud: "I am reading Bhagavad-gita daily." If anyone actually reads Bhagavad-gita, then he will be Krsna conscious
- Please continue to read Bhagavad-gita As It Is. You will derive all spiritual benefit from it
- Practically, if one very carefully reads the BG, SB, Teachings of Lord Caitanya and this Nectar of Devotion, that will give him sufficient knowledge to understand the science of Krsna consciousness. One need not take the trouble of reading other books
- Read Bhagavad-gita carefully. All answers are there
- Read Bhagavad-gita rightly, as it is spoken by Krsna, not foolishly interpreting nonsensically, but as it is, as it is... Call the spade a spade
- Read Bhagavad-gita thoroughly. Try to understand it and you can distribute it. That is a great service to Krsna, to your personal self, and to the person you are speaking about Krsna
- So far outside India is concerned, all scholars, all religionists, all philosophers, they have accepted this Bhagavad-gita as authority. So there is no doubt about Bhagavad-gita's being authority. Even Professor Einstein, he was reading regularly
- So this Bhagavad-gita should be read by every individual person to know the science of God. It is a great science
- So you are reading Bhagavad-gita throughout the whole life, but when the Lord speaks something which does not tally with our imagination, we reject it. That is not the process of Bhagavad-gita reading
- So-called politicians, erudite scholars and philosophers who read Bhagavad-gita try to twist some meaning from it to suit their material purposes, but their misunderstandings of Krsna will not yield them any profit
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told the brahmana, "Indeed, you are an authority in the reading of the Bhagavad-gita. Whatever you know constitutes the real purport of the Bhagavad-gita"
- The beauty of transcendental literatures like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam is that they never become old. They have been read in the world by civilized man for the last five thousand years, and they have never become old
- The brahmana regularly read the eighteen chapters of the Bhagavad-gita in great transcendental ecstasy, but because he could not pronounce the words correctly, people used to joke about him
- The brahmana replied, "I am illiterate and therefore do not know the meaning of the words. Sometimes I read the Bhagavad-gita correctly and sometimes incorrectly, but in any case I am doing this in compliance with the orders of my spiritual master"
- The krsna-katha is not a subject matter for debating club. It is meant for the devotees. Without devotees, nobody can understand. The others who are not devotee, they simply waste their time in reading Bhagavad-gita or Srimad-Bhagavatam, such literature
- The more one reads Bhagavad-gita the more he gets the appetite to read and understand it, and each time he gets new enlightenment. That is the nature of the transcendental message
- The narrations of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam may be read thousands and thousands of times, and still, without fail, new aspects of the subject matter will be relished by the devotee
- There are many so-called scholars, politicians, they declare that "I read Bhagavad-gita daily, three times," but the result is no faith in Krsna. This is called useless waste of time
- There are many students who, in spite of reading the Bhagavad-gita, misunderstand Krsna because of imperfect knowledge and conclude Him to be an ordinary historical personality. This one must not do
- This is a good example of a person who had become so successful that he was able to capture the attention of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu even while reading the Bhagavad-gita incorrectly
- Those who are actually followers of Vedas, they should understand that there is no difference between the Lord and His words - absolute. We read Bhagavad-gita, the words of Krsna. Then how we can change the meaning of Gita when it is spoken by Lord?
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, anyone engaged in unalloyed devotional service is to be considered situated on the transcendental platform of liberation"
- Unless one reads the Bhagavad-gita in a submissive spirit, it is very difficult to understand Bhagavad-gita, because it is a great mystery
- We are interested in the words of Krsna. If Krsna is like us, He has got the same material body, then why we should be interested to read Bhagavad-gita, He is also a man like us?
- We read Bhagavad-gita, but by reading Bhagavad-gita I become a politician. So what kind of reading Bhagavad-gita? Politician is there, of course, but the real purpose of reading Bhagavad-gita is to know Krsna
- We read some nice philosophical portion from Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam. Yes. You have got ears. (shouts:) But the rascals are not coming! That is their rascaldom. Because they will go to hell
- When we speak of hearing & chanting, it means that not only should one chant & hear of the holy name of the Lord as Rama, Krsna (or systematically the 16 names of the maha-mantra), but one should also read & hear the BG & SB in the association of devotees
- While reading the book, the brahmana experienced transcendental bodily transformations. The hairs on his body stood on end, tears welled up in his eyes, and his body trembled and perspired as he read. Seeing this, Caitanya Mahaprabhu became very happy
- Yes, it will help to read Bhagavad-gita but to have to hear from the realized person. Without the help of guru, if you read independently, you may be misguided
- You can associate with Krsna and Arjuna every twenty-four hours, by reading Bhagavad-gita. Why you require to go there? It is already here. You see. You read the Bhagavad-gita, and you are immediately in the battlefield of Kuruksetra
- You have read Bhagavad-gita and it is stated that ultimate happiness can be realized by transcendental senses only
- You should all read very carefully Srimad-Bhagavatam and BG, and you should be able to answer all questions like this, and only in rare cases approach me. But it is important that our students must be able to answer all questions for becoming preachers
- You should all read very carefully Srimad-Bhagavatam, Bhagavad-gita and Nectar of Devotion
- You should read Bhagavad-gita As It Is carefully verse to verse and word to word, and you will be benefited