Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Qualifications of a Devotee of God
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Qualifications of a Devotee of God"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- A devotee's one qualification is daksa, daksa, expert. Out of the twenty-six qualifications, a devotee is always very expert in dealing. It is not that because they have left anything material, they do not know how to deal with material things
- All pure devotees of the Lord come to this material world with full compassion to deliver the sinful. They undergo all kinds of tribulations, suffering them with tolerance, because that is another qualification of a Vaisnava
- All the servitors of the Deity must be strictly qualified as brahmanas and, specifically, must engage in the Vaisnava custom of offering as much prasadam as possible and distributing it to the devotees who visit the temple to see the Lord
- Arjavam - simplicity or freedom from duplicity - is a qualification of a brahmana and a Vaisnava
- Devotee means to become fully qualified with all the noble qualities. Devotee does not mean a rascal, at the same time, a devotee
- Devotional service has the power to actually nullify all kinds of reactions to sinful deeds. A devotee is nevertheless always alert not to commit any sinful activities; this is his specific qualification as a devotee
- Draupadi is sympathetic. That is Vaisnava. She is Vaisnavi. This is the attitude of the Vaisnava. Para-duhkha-duhkhi. Vaisnava is para-duhkha-duhkhi. That is Vaisnava's qualification. He doesn't care for his own personal distresses
- Draupadi is Vaisnavi. She is feeling more than herself, the wife of Dronacarya, mother of Asvatthama, how she will feel. Therefore Vaisnava's qualification is, para-duhkha-duhkhi
- Of Rsabhadeva's one hundred sons, the eldest, named Bharata, was a great, exalted devotee qualified with the best attributes. In his honor, this planet has become known as Bharata-varsa
- One becomes qualified as a devotee on the elementary platform, the intermediate platform and the highest platform of devotional service according to the development of his sraddha (faith)
- One of the good qualifications of a devotee. He should not hanker to satisfy the tongue with a particular kind of foodstuff. He should be satisfied to eat whatever prasada is available by the grace of the Lord
- One quality of a devotee is that he is always very much tolerant of other people, so I request you simply to tolerate the faults of others and always think that I am myself the most faulty. In this way your humble attitude will qualify you to advance
- One should not be falsely proud of his Vaisnava qualifications
- One who wants to be recognized as a devotee should develop the good qualifications
- The eagerness to hear about God is the first qualification of a devotee eligible for entering the kingdom of God
- These are the necessary qualifications of a prospective candidate who can expect to be elevated to the position of a pure unadulterated devotee. Such a candidate must always seek the association of pure devotees