Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
present | presented | presenting | presents
- This present is the Verb, 'to present' something to someone
- for the Adjective or Noun, now - 'the present time' use Category:Present - Time
- for the Noun, present/presents as in 'gift' use Category:Gift
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Presented"
The following 231 pages are in this category, out of 231 total.
- Before me so many swamis came in this country, they could not present the real thing
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura presented the message of Lord Caitanya to McGill University in Canada
- King Prthu was presented with various gifts from the general populace and predominating deities of all planets
- These lines were presented by me to my spiritual master and He was highly pleased with me "The absolute is sentient Thou hast proved all impersonal calamity Thou has moved''
- A book or poetry in which the Holy Name of Krishna is depicted, such language is revolutionary in the matter of purifying the material atmosphere. Even though such literature is presented in broken language or grammatical inconsistency
- A genuine brahmana or Vaisnava therefore depends eternally on the conclusion of the Vedas or Vedic versions presented by the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself
- A juggler, a magician or one who speaks nonsense as an academic career is not a guru. Rather, a guru is one who presents Bhagavad-gita, Krsna's instructions, as it is
- A literature presented to the people, to the public for reading, which are even grammatically incorrect, but because there is glorification of the Lord, it can produce revolution. It can purify the whole human society
- According to learned scholars, there are three different sources of knowledge, which are called prasthana-traya. According to these scholars, Vedanta is one of such sources, for it presents Vedic knowledge on the basis of logic and sound arguments
- According to Sadananda Yogindra, the Vedanta-sutra and Upanisads, as presented by Sri Sankaracarya in his Sariraka-bhasya commentary, are the only sources of Vedic evidence
- According to the Hayasirsa Pancaratra, Narayana and others are also presented differently as holding the weapons in different hands
- Actually both Rupa Gosvami and Ramananda Raya were scholarly experts in composing poetry and presenting it strictly according to the Sahitya-darpana and other Vedic literatures
- Actually there is no fault on the part of Sankaracarya. He simply carried out the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He had to imagine some kind of interpretation, and therefore he presented a kind of Vedic literature that is full of atheism
- After presenting Kamsa with the milk products they had brought with them, the cowherd men also took their respective seats by the side of the King, on a platform especially meant for them
- After the salvation of Sisupala, King Yudhisthira rewarded all the members present in the sacrificial assembly
- After this speech, all the members present in that great sacrificial assembly applauded, confirming his (Sahadeva's) words continuously by saying, "Everything you have said is completely perfect. Everything you have said is completely perfect"
- After winning the Manikya throne, King Purusottama-deva took it to Jagannatha Puri and presented it to Lord Jagannatha. In the meantime, he also established regular worship of the Gopala Deity at Kataka
- All members present in the assembly joined together to offer their respectful obeisances to Krsna, and there were showers of flowers from the sky
- All of these adherents of various scriptures were ready to present the conclusions of their respective scriptures, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu broke all their opinions to pieces and established His own cult of bhakti based on the Vedas, Vedanta
- All the demigods presented various gifts to King Prthu. Hari, an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead known as Upendra in the heavenly planet, presented the King with a Sudarsana disc
- All the demigods took the opportunity of the Supreme Personality of Godhead’s constructing a city of His own choice to present their respective gifts, making the city of Dvaraka unique within the universe
- All the swamis and yogis who came here, they do not belong to this parampara system, so therefore they are not bona fide guru. They are presenting themselves as guru, but they are not guru
- All together, accompanied by the conchshell, wheel, club, lotus flower, bow, arrows, shield and sword in His hands, these presented a grand and beautiful audience for Lord Visnu which captivated all the demigods
- Although brahmanas are not the rich men of society, Advaita Acarya, being the leader of the brahmanas in Santipura, was considerably well-to-do. Therefore He presented many ornaments to the baby, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- An old woman in Vrndavana, present at the time of Krsna's pastimes, once stated in surprise: "How wonderful it is that Krsna speaks in Sanskrit with the demigods and in the language of the animals He can even speak with the cows and buffalo"
- An old woman in Vrndavana, present at the time of Krsna's pastimes, once stated in surprise: "How wonderful it is that Krsna, who owns the hearts of all the young girls of Brajabhumi, can nicely speak the language of Brajabhumi with the gopis"
- Any transcendental message, any Vedic literature, unless it is presented by a self-realized devotee, it is poison. You simply misunderstand the whole thing, and you do not get the benefit. Rather, you become a victim of misunderstanding
- Arjuna had to keep the promise he had made before Draupadi just to pacify her. And he also had to satisfy both Bhima and Krsna, who advised killing him (Asvatthama). This dilemma was present before Arjuna, and the solution was awarded by Krsna
- Arjuna prayed to the lord (Siva) in all humbleness, and the lord, being pleased with him, presented him the pasupata weapon. He acquired many other important weapons from different demigods
- Arjuna promised all protection to one Mayasura, and the latter presented him one valuable conchshell celebrated as the Devadatta. Similarly, he received many other valuable weapons from Indradeva when he was satisfied to see his chivalry
- As a great king of the entire world, he (King Prthu) could have given them (the members of the assembly) orders, but he was so humble, meek and honest that he presented his statement for approval in order to clarify his mature decision
- As stated by you, my missionary work is really a great challenge to the western way of life. But Krishna is so attractive that He is accepted even by the Westerners when the consciousness is presented in the right disciplic succession
- As will be explained in this book by the greatest authority, Srila Sukadeva Gosvami, there is no religion save and except the devotional service of the Lord, though this may be presented in different forms
- At that time Lord Siva's wife, Parvati, was present. Her personality, like Lord Siva's, is a mixture of the three qualities, and therefore she is called Trigunamayi
- Because he (Narada) was a great saint, his hair was dazzling like gold, and when he entered the assembly house it appeared that the sun-god was personally present in the midst of the assembly
- Before entering the heavenly planets, King Nrga circumambulated the Lord (Krsna), touched his helmet to the Lord's lotus feet & bowed. Seeing the airplane from the heavenly planets present before him, he was given permission by the Lord to board it
- Bhumi, the predominating deity of this earth, assumed the shape of a cow and presented herself before Lord Brahma with tears in her eyes
- By the example of the earthen pots and dishes the Vedic version is presented: although the existence of the particular by-products of the Absolute Truth is temporary, the energy of the Supreme Lord is permanent
- Can you present anything material which was, which has no beginning? Everything has got beginning. So how you can say this material world has no beginning? This is nonsense
- Cowherd woman described the speaking of Krsna: "Krsna was speaking to His father so politely & gently that it was as if He were pouring nectar into the ears of all present there. After hearing such sweet words from Krsna who will not be attracted to Him"
- Darwin's theory of evolution from animal to man is incomplete because the theory does not present the reverse condition, namely evolution from man to animal
- Dependence is also grouped under ecstatic love & this can be divided into superior dependence and inferior dependence. The direct differentiations between superior & inferior dependence are ascertained by Rupa Gosvami and will be presented in due course
- Devaki and Vasudeva, both highly elevated personalities, accepted the truth presented by Kamsa that everything is ordained by providence. According to the prophecy, Kamsa would be killed by the eighth child of Devaki
- Duty of the public to present a gift
- Everyone who happens to take his birth in India is a potential benefactor of others, because it is on Indian soil alone that the culture of transcendental knowledge has been most elaborately presented, from ancient times to the present
- Everyone's aim is duhkha-nivrtti. It may be presented in a different way. So the Buddha philosophy is also duhkha-nivrtti, stop pains
- For the devotees of the Lord there always many difficulties for propagating Krsna Consciousness among the nondevotee demons. But we must learn to tolerate all the difficulties and push on regardless of whatever obstacles we may be presented with
- From Advaita's old paternal house (nijalaya) in Santipura, Sita came to Navadvipa to present gifts to the newborn child, Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (a businessman) then inquires from his business friend how he should act, and sometimes presents are exchanged. Thus whenever there is a dealing of priti, or love in intimate dealings, these six activities are executed
- He (Angirasa) could travel in space, and therefore he could present himself even in the planets of Brahmaloka and Indraloka. He advised the King of heaven, Indra, about conquering the demons. Once he cursed Indra, who thus had to become a hog on the earth
- He (Arjuna) met Indradeva, who not only presented him with his vajra weapon, but also taught him the military and musical science as used in the heavenly planet
- He (Arjuna) specifically took the arrow presented to him by Lord Siva, and while going out he remembered Lord Siva and his great favor
- He (Arjuna) was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- He (Dvivida) became captivated by the beauty of Balarama's body, whose every feature was very beautiful, decorated as He was with a garland of lotus flowers. Similarly, all the young girls present, dressed & garlanded with flowers, exhibited much beauty
- He (King Nagnajit) presented himself before the Lord thus: “My dear Lord, You are the proprietor of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are Narayana, the resting place of all living creatures
- He (Rukmi) presented himself as a big commander and vowed before all the princes, "Unless I kill Krsna in the fight and bring back my sister from His clutches, I shall not return to my capital city, Kundina"
- He (the first class devotee) can very nicely present conclusions with perfect discretion and can consider the ways of devotional service in a decisive way
- He (Uddhava) had brought a message in writing from Krsna, and now he wanted to present it before the gopis, just to pacify them. He said, "My dear gopis, your mission of human life is now successful"
- He (Uddhava) presented to Vasudeva, Krsna's father, and Ugrasena, Krsna's grandfather, all the gifts given by the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- He (Yudhisthira) constantly worshiped his friends, his family members, his relatives, his well-wishers and everyone present, and because he was a Vaisnava, a great devotee of Lord Narayana, he knew how to treat everyone well
- He (Yudhisthira) had not seen the Lord for many days, and therefore he thought himself most fortunate to see the Lord present before him. The King therefore embraced Lord Krsna again and again in great affection
- Here is Ganges, and you are also present here. So take me as your surrendered soul. I am surrendered to you. So at the present moment let that taksaka, the snake-bird, or anything may come and bite. I don't care for it. Please go on with the krsna-katha
- His Divine Grace Advaita Acarya, after hearing the statement of Nityananda Prabhu, took the opportunity presented by the joking words and spoke to Him as follows
- I am enclosing herewith a letter you may present to the authority and as a Divinity Student you must not be sent to the field. Chant Hare Krishna. Krishna will save you. Present our prospectus and all newspaper cuttings
- I am therefore presenting only a synopsis of those events already described elaborately by Vrndavana dasa Thakura in his Caitanya-mangala (now known as Caitanya-bhagavata)
- I do not care very much for these filmings because by presenting Krishna in this way it makes it something like fantasy
- I see Srimad-Bhagavatam so exalted knowledge and so beautifully literary presented. Srimat. Srimat means beautiful. Throughout the whole world, you won't find any literature. This is India's fortune, and they are keeping it packed up
- I sincerely hope that by understanding the teachings of Lord Caitanya presented in this book, Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, human society will experience a new light of spiritual life, which will open the field of activity for the pure soul
- I thank you very much for your inviting me to New Vrindaban, but, considering the local climate as presented by you I think I shall postpone it until the end of April
- If someone presents an alternative doctrine he himself has manufactured, that doctrine will prove itself useless, for any doctrine that tries to prove that Vedic evidence is meaningless immediately proves itself meaningless
- If someone wrote a book or composed verses and songs and wanted to recite them before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Svarupa Damodara would first examine them and then correctly present them. Only then would Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu agree to listen
- If there were one government on the surface of the earth to handle the distribution of grain, there would be no question of scarcity, no necessity to open slaughterhouses, and no need to present false theories about over-population
- If we transfer our reading capacity for these Vedic literatures, as very kindly presented by Vyasadeva, then it is quite possible for us to remember at the time of death the Supreme Lord
- Illusion means you accept something, something is presented as reality, and you accept it
- Imitating Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and ignoring the sastra, rascals present themselves as incarnations and introduce their rascaldom as a religious process
- In other words, all of the above transcendental qualities of Krsna can be present in the devotees in minute quantity, whereas the qualities in fullness are always present in the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In that Fifth Chapter of the Brahma-samhita, the philosophical conclusion of acintya-bhedabheda-tattva is presented. The chapter also presents methods of devotional service, the eighteen-syllable Vedic hymn, discourses on the soul
- In that meeting, King Sisupala was also present. He was an avowed enemy of Krsna for many reasons, especially because of Krsna's having stolen Rukmini from his intended marriage ceremony
- In the marriage selection assembly of Draupadi, Duryodhana had also been present, and along with other princes he had been very much captivated by the beauty of Draupadi, but he had failed to achieve her
- In the material world, parakiya-rasa is abominable, whereas in the spiritual world it is present in the superexcellent relationship of Krsna and the gopis
- In the next life, as Jada Bharata, Maharaja Bharata was careful not to spoil his energy, and therefore he presented himself as a deaf and dumb person. In this way he could concentrate on his devotional service
- In the presence of all the damsels of Vraja, He presented the valuable jewel (resembling a conchshell) to His elder brother, Balarama
- In this way they both presented many impediments, indirectly not granting the Lord permission to go to Vrndavana. They did this because they were afraid of separation from Him
- In this way, all the demigods began to present their respective gifts according to their different capacities. There are thirty-three million demigods, each entrusted with a particular department of universal management
- Isvara Puri and Ramacandra Puri, are examples of the objects of a great personality's benediction and punishment. Madhavendra Puri instructed the entire world by presenting these two examples
- It is document, I have to choose each word very soberly and if I have to think of management then I cannot do this. I cannot be like these rascals who present something mental concoction to cheat the public
- It is only for our guidance that Srila Rupa Gosvami prepared his book Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, which is now presented in the form of The Nectar of Devotion
- It is Srila Jiva Goswami who has presented very high philosophy in his Six Sandavas
- It is the purpose of the Supreme Personality of Godhead to present pranava (omkara) as the reservoir of all Vedic knowledge. The words 'tat tvam asi' are only a partial explanation of the Vedic knowledge
- It is understood from authoritative sources that an attachment for Krsna because of feelings of disgust sometimes presents a ghastly ecstasy in devotional service
- Kalakanya, the daughter of Time, presented herself before the King of the Yavanas precisely in terms of sadhu, sastra and guru. Thus there was no reason for not accepting her
- Kaviraja Gosvami, who has written this immortal Caitanya-caritamrta, he is presenting himself: "I am lower than the worms in the stool" Just see. He is not hypocrite. He is feeling like that: "Oh, what is my value?"
- King Indra, being very pleased with Hariscandra, offered him a gift of a golden chariot. Sunahsepha's glories will be presented along with the description of the son of Visvamitra
- King Yudhisthira, after hearing the confirmation by all present, especially by the brahmanas and learned sages, worshiped Lord Krsna according to the regulative principles of the Vedic injunctions
- Krishna Consciousness is the greatest of all good fruits. We must therefore have necessary endurance and enthusiasm to get the result. We shall never be disappointed when things are presented in reversed order
- Krishna Consciousness process is not to be presented in this way as mechanical achievement, at least we find no evidence from previous scriptures to support such technique. So I do not approve of this book
- Krsna and Balarama present Themselves as younger brother and elder brother, but in the scriptures They are described as the original Supreme Personality of Godhead and His expansion
- Krsna concluded, "I shall act in such a way as to relieve him of this false prestige. I shall give protection to My pure devotees in Vrndavana, who are at present completely dependent on My mercy and whom I have taken completely under My protection"
- Krsna continued, "The demon (Kalayavana) who was present before you (Mucukunda) also acted as My enemy, and you have very kindly burned him to ashes by glancing over him"
- Krsna did not reply to even a single accusation made by Sisupala, but all the members except few, present in the meeting were very much agitated because it is the duty of any respectable person not to tolerate blasphemy against God or His devotee
- Krsna requested Sahadeva, son of Jarasandha, to supply all necessities to the kings & show them all respect & honor. In pursuance of the order of Krsna, he offered them all honor & presented them with ornaments, garments, garlands & other paraphernalia
- Krsna said, "The chirping of the birds along with the cooing of the peacocks, surrounded by the whispering of the leaves in the trees, combine and present sound vibrations that echo one another. And this just enriches the beautiful scenery"
- Kuvera, the treasurer of the demigods, presented the art of attaining the eight perfectional stages of material opulence
- Less intelligent men claim that there is no God, but when the manifestation of different living entities & their activities is visible, enlightened persons see You (Krsna) present in every atom & through the via media of Your external & marginal energies
- Lord Krsna said, "I instruct you, all My boys and relatives present here, do not, even by mistake, take the possession of a brahmana and thereby pollute your whole family"
- Lord Krsna thereafter offered His obeisances to the brahmanas present, as well as to the elder members of the Kuru dynasty, like Bhisma, Drona and Dhrtarastra
- Lord Siva presented King Prthu with a sword within a sheath marked with ten moons, and his wife, the goddess Durga, presented him with a shield marked with one hundred moons
- Lord Visnu presented him (Prthu) with a Sudarsana disc, and Lord Visnu's wife, the goddess of fortune, gave him imperishable opulences
- Maharaja Pariksit, since he was one of the well-known emperors of the world, was also presented with addresses of welcome in all parts of the world as he visited those places
- Maharaja Prthu was well conversant in transcendental science, yet he presented himself before the Kumaras as one ignorant of it. The idea is that even if a person is very exalted and knows everything, before his superior he should present questions
- Mundane philosophers, being imperfect in themselves, disagree with other philosophers because a mundane philosopher is not a philosopher at all unless he presents his own theory
- On hearing the praises of the cowherd men in Vrndavana, King Nanda said, "My dear friends, in reply to you I can simply present the statement of Garga Muni so that your doubts may be cleared"
- Once Narada had taken a parijata flower and presented it to Krsna's senior wife, Sri Rukmini-devi. On account of this, Satyabhama had developed an inferiority complex; she also wanted such a flower from Krsna
- One can sit on the vyasasana only after being conversant in all systems of philosophy so that one can present fully the theistic views of the Bhagavatam in defiance of all other systems
- One must learn the secret of success from the Vedic literatures, especially when the cream of Vedic knowledge is presented by Bhagavad-gita as it is
- Only for the sake of executing the duties of the renounced order of sannyasa do I listen. Unfortunately, I cannot in the least understand the meaning you are presenting
- Please study carefully my books to be enlightened. You have presented our philosophy very nicely. This engladdens me that our students are presenting so convincingly. This is the way to become future preacher
- Present by the invitation of King Yudhisthira to participate in the great sacrifice were all the exalted demigods, including Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Indra, the King of heaven, accompanied by their associates
- Presented authoritatively
- Presenting various pleas for the gopis, Srimati Radharani sometimes sends the gopis to Krsna just to enable them to associate with Him directly. At such times, She enjoys a happiness ten million times greater than that enjoyed through direct association
- Presents this fruit very carefully
- Prthu Maharaja was greeted by the residents of other planets and their presiding deities. They presented various gifts to the King and acknowledged him as the proper type of king
- Radharani is presented, the original pleasure potency, always absorbed in thought of Krsna
- Regarding Murli Manohar Murti, I understand that the Patels are ready to present silver Murti, but we cannot worship Murli Manohar alone, without being accompanied by His most favorite consort Radharani
- Regarding reading Mahabharata, why divert your attention in this way? Bhagavatam is also Mahabharata. There are so many books I have presented already, so whatever you have got, just become expert in that
- Sahadeva said, "Although demigods such as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Indra and many other exalted personalities are present in this assembly, no one can be equal to or greater than Krsna"
- Sahadeva said, "No one can be equal to or greater than Krsna in terms of time, space, riches, strength, reputation, wisdom, renunciation or any other consideration. Anything considered an opulence is fully present in Krsna"
- Sahajiyas are amongst the thirteen rejected apa-sampradayas. In the name of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, there are so many apa-sampradayas. Apa-sampradaya means they present themselves as belonging to the Caitanya cult. But they are not at all bona fide
- Sankaracarya, by presenting the Vedanta-sutra in his own way, has clearly done a great disservice to human society, for one who follows his Mayavada philosophy is doomed
- Sankhya-yoga, buddhi-yoga, control of the senses by intelligence, work without fruitive desire, and the position of the neophyte. This was all presented unsystematically. A more organized outline of the path would be necessary for action and understanding
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya met with all the devotees and described the King's wishes. Then he presented the letter to all of them for inspection
- Seeing the appearance of the child (who was actually the goddess Durga), all the demigods from different planets like Siddhaloka, Caranaloka, Gandharvaloka, Apsaroloka, Kinnaraloka and Uragaloka presented her with various articles
- Self-realization is possible in the human form of life, but not in other forms. There are 8,400,000 species, or forms of life, of which the human form qualified by brahminical culture presents the only chance to obtain knowledge of transcendence
- Siddhis (perfections) are presented by the illusory energy of the Lord
- Since all conclusions are briefly presented in the Brahma-samhita, it is essential among all the Vaisnava literatures
- Since we have presented this dharma, to serve Krsna, it is working very wonderfully. We have got branches all over the world
- Sisupala said, "I fully agree with the respectable persons present here that they are competent to select the personality who can be worshiped first, but I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I see here that although many stalwart personalities are present in this assembly, the influence of time is so strong that they have been misled by the statement of a boy (Sahadeva) who has foolishly spoken about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I think that any one of them (great rsis present in the assembly) could have been selected for the first worship because they are worshipable even by the great demigods, kings and emperors"
- Sisupala said, "Many sages & elder persons are present, but still they have accepted the statement of a foolish boy. This means by the influence of time even the intelligence of such honored persons as those present in this meeting can be misdirected"
- Sisupala was so foolish that he was not even slightly agitated, although all the kings present were ready to kill him
- Sri Ramanujacarya presented his philosophy as visistadvaita-vada, and Sri Madhvacarya presented his philosophy of tattva-vada, both of which are stumbling blocks to the Mayavadis because they defeat their philosophy in scrupulous detail
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, in his Amrta-pravaha-bhasya, has presented the horoscope of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has attempted to give evidences from various scriptures about all sixty-four qualities present in the person of the Supreme Lord
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has very nicely analyzed the different kinds of disturbing symptoms, and although it is very difficult to find the exact English equivalents for many Sanskrit words used here, his analysis will now be presented
- Srila Vyasadeva presented the Vedanta philosophy for the deliverance of conditioned souls, but if one hears the commentary of Sankaracarya, everything is spoiled
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the desire tree of Vedic wisdom. Veda itself means "the aggregate of knowledge." And whatever knowledge is required for human society is perfectly presented in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Srimad-Bhagavatam says if there is a real presentation of spiritual understanding, then even if it is presented in broken language, it is accepted by high, saintly persons, because it glorifies the Supreme Person
- Such feelings (which are something like the attraction of a married woman for a man other than her husband) between the devotee and the Lord are presented by the influence of yogamaya
- Svayambhuva Manu requested Kardama Muni to accept his daughter, since Kardama had not taken the vow of naisthika-brahmacarya. He was willing to marry, and the suitable daughter of a high royal family was presented
- Taksaka flattered Kasyapa by presenting him with valuable offerings and thereby stopped the sage, who was expert in counteracting poison, from protecting Maharaja Pariksit
- The best news of all is that soon we shall have our own press for printing Krishna Consciousness literature in the German language. Our life and soul is kirtana and presenting literature to the public at large
- The Bhattacarya presented various types of false arguments with pseudo logic and tried to defeat his opponent in many ways. However, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu refuted all these arguments and established His own conviction
- The bodily luster and beauty of Rukmini appeared as if painted by an artist perfectly presenting beauty following the descriptions of great poets
- The Brahma-samhita is vijnanam as realized by Brahma's transcendental experience, and in that way he presented the form and the pastimes of Krsna in the transcendental abode
- The center has become cumbersome on account of mismanagement. Things must be settled before Shayamasundar can take charge again. These bills presented by different creditors on account of jewelry business must not be paid by ISKCON
- The demigod Varuna presented a horse, which was all white except for black ears and which could run at the speed of the mind
- The demigods said: Men influenced by the three modes of material nature imagine their own God according to the modes of material nature. In this way God is presented in various ways, but Your appearance will establish what the real form of God is
- The demigods who were present also began to offer beautiful prayers to Krsna. & the ladies and girls present expressed their joy from all corners of the arena. In other words, there was no one in that particular place with whom Krsna was not very popular
- The doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was ordered to present him (a person) before the Lord, and the man appeared and offered his respectful obeisances unto the Lord with folded hands
- The first prerequisite for peace is that all the wealth presented by Sri, the goddess of fortune, be offered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The followers of the Lord must be prepared to offer brahmanas all due respect. But preachers of Lord Caitanya's cult object if someone presents himself as a brahmana without having the necessary qualifications
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are present as the Supersoul in everyone's heart by Your inconceivable potency, exactly like the fire which is present in everyone but which no one can see directly"
- The great sages present the Puranas in order to make the Vedic mantras understandable for common men
- The great saints and devotees of the Lord are in the list of His paraphernalia, and thus as soon as a saintly devotee is present, the ghostly sins are at once vanquished. That is the verdict of all Vedic literatures
- The guests from many kingdoms, like Srnjaya, Kamboja, Kuru, Kekaya & Kosala, were present with their different flags & gorgeously decorated elephants, chariots, horses & soldiers. All of them passed in a procession, with Yudhisthira in the forefront
- The kings continued: "We did not consider that Your Lordship (Krsna) is always present before us in the form of cruel death"
- The Krsna consciousness movement is spreading all over the world with two aims - to establish Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead and to kill all the pretenders who falsely present themselves as avataras
- The living entities belong to the category of superior energy. The inferior energy, or material energy, is called apara prakrti. In the Bhagavad-gita the creative energy is thus presented in two forms, namely apara and para prakrti
- The man brought before Lord Krsna by the doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was a messenger from all these imprisoned kings. Being duly presented before the Lord, the man began to relay a message from the kings, as follows
- The Mayavada philosophy presents such a jugglery of words that even a highly elevated devotee who has accepted Krsna as his life and soul changes his decision when he reads the Mayavada commentary on the Vedanta-sutra
- The Mayavadi philosophers have presented their arguments in such attractive, flowery language that hearing Mayavada philosophy may sometimes change the mind of even a maha-bhagavata, or very advanced devotee
- The meaning of the aphorisms in the Vedanta-sutra contain clear purports in themselves, but other purports you presented simply covered the meaning of the sutras like a cloud
- The messenger concluded, "As the messenger and representative of all those imprisoned kings, I have submitted my words before Your Lordship (Krsna) and presented their prayers to You"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, who can estimate Your mercy & powerful activities? You are present always as the insurmountable force of eternal time, baffling the indefatigable desires of the materialists, who are thus repeatedly confused & frustrated"
- The moon-demigod presented King Prthu with horses made of nectar, and the demigod Visvakarma presented him with a very beautiful chariot
- The Nectar of Devotion is not presented to condemn any way of materialistic life, but the attempt is to give information to religionists, philosophers and people in general how to love Krsna
- The Nectar of Devotion is specifically presented for persons who are now engaged in the Krsna consciousness movement
- The neophyte devotee, instead of jumping at once to the platform of transcendental pastimes presented by the internal energy of the Lord, may know how great the Supreme Lord is by inquiring about the process of His creative energy
- The news that the hunter had become a Vaisnava spread all over the village. Indeed, all the villagers brought alms and presented them to the Vaisnava who had formerly been a hunter
- The personified Vedas presented the example that those seeking gold do not reject gold earrings, gold bangles or anything else made of gold simply because they are shaped differently from the original gold
- The predominating deity of the water, Varuna, presented flower garlands (to Laksmi) surrounded by six-legged bumblebees, drunken with honey
- The present immediate problem is that we require the Police Commissioner's consent to construct a temple. The papers are already there in his possession
- The priest there presented Him with garlands and prasadam that had been offered to Lord Jagannatha. This pleased Caitanya Mahaprabhu very much
- The sages asked him (Suta Gosvami) to summarize the whole range of revealed scriptures and present the most essential part so that fallen people or the people in general might easily take it up
- The sages were properly welcomed by being offered seats and water for washing their feet. Palatable fruits, garlands of flowers, incense and sandalwood pulp were presented
- The statements of the personified Vedas give clear evidence that the Vedic literature is presented only for understanding Krsna. The Bhagavad-gita confirms that through all the Vedas it is Krsna alone who has to be understood
- The teachings presented in this book are nondifferent from the Lord
- The Vedanta-sutras, or the Brahma-sutras, were compiled by Vyasadeva with a view to presenting just the cream of Vedic knowledge. Srimad-Bhagavatam is the natural commentary on this cream
- The version of Sankaracarya is not the only commentary. There are many Vedanta commentaries, but because the Vaisnavas did not present the first Vedanta commentary, people are under the wrong impression that Sankaracarya's is the only Vedanta commentary
- The wonderful beauty of Krsna is presented in the supreme planet, Gokula - Goloka Vrndavana
- There are innumerable departments of knowledge being presented in the universities, but there is no department of knowledge for understanding the science of God, Krishna and therefore we want to introduce such a department of knowledge
- There are many demons who think of themselves as the Supreme and present themselves as the directors of the sun, moon and other planets. This is all due to false pride
- There are so many commentaries on Bhagavad-gita that misinterpret the original text. The real import of the word should be presented, and that should be learned from a bona fide spiritual master
- There is also trembling of the body, forcible twisting of the body and perspiration. Other symptoms which may be present are shame, exhaustion, madness, illusion, frustration, humility, self-pity, restlessness, eagerness and stunning of the body
- There is no comparison. The Christians, they can present only one small Bible, and the Muslims they can present one little Koran. But here, the Vedic culture is so great that we can simply give you sixty volumes like this only for Srimad-Bhagavatam
- There is no difference between the teachings of Lord Caitanya presented here and the teachings of Lord Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita. The teachings of Lord Caitanya are practical demonstrations of Lord Krsna’s teachings
- This advice of Uddhava's was appreciated by all who were present in the assembly; everyone considered that Lord Krsna's going to Hastinapura would be beneficial from all points of view
- This Krsna Consciousness Movement is based on the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. We have attempted to present this great philosophy to the world in a pure way, without material motive, and by the grace of Lord Krsna our effort has come out successful
- This material world is simply an embarrassment and is composed of tribulations presented as happiness, distress, attachment, enmity and envy
- This narration was presented by Sukadeva Gosvami when Maharaja Pariksit was prepared to give up his body, fasting on the bank of the Ganges
- This quotation is very important: "One professor went on to explain that the other books were mostly dealing with speculations in contrast to our books which presented religion as a way of life based on authentic writings"
- This woman (Mohini-murti), who had large, high hips, was a woman of yogamaya presented by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She released Herself somehow or other from the fond embrace of Lord Siva's arms and ran away
- Those who are interested in attaining spiritual existence can easily be released from the clutches of Maya by Lord Caitanya's grace, now presented in book form as Teachings of Lord Caitanya, which is nondifferent from the Lord
- Thousands of wives of respectable brahmanas were present, all dressed very nicely with suitable ornaments. They presented Rukmini with flower garlands, sandalwood pulp & a variety of colorful garments to assist her in worshiping Siva & goddess Durga
- Through His innumerable energies, He can present Himself in multiple forms and still remain the Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Throughout the material universes there are many such spiritually inclined souls, and our mission is to present to everyone right knowledge of spiritual life
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu criticized Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya as imaginary, and He pointed out hundreds of faults in it. To defend Sankaracarya, however, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya presented unlimited opposition
- To (the Bhagavad-gita As It Is) Srila Baladeva Vidyabhusana who presented so nicely the "Govinda-bhasya" commentary on Vedanta philosophy
- We should note with profit that in the first three chapters of the Second Canto a gradual process of development of devotional service is being presented
- We shouldn't make any addition or subtraction of mental speculation, but should endeavor, even if we do not fully understand from our present platform, to present simply the philosophy as we have received it directly & realized it by practical experience
- Whatever little I have heard from Raghunatha dasa Gosvami I have described in this book, which is presented to all devotees
- When all the Pandavas lived incognito, he (Arjuna) presented himself in the court of King Virata as a eunuch and was employed as the musical teacher of Uttara, his future daughter-in-law, and was known in the Virata court as the Brhannala
- When Daksa cursed Lord Siva in harsh words, some of the brahmanas present might have enjoyed it because some brahmanas do not very much admire Lord Siva
- When Krsna appeared in the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice organized by Maharaj Yudhisthira, to all present, including great sages and demigods, Krsna became the cynosure, the center of attraction, and everyone offered Him their respects
- When Lord Krsna was thus worshiped by King Yudhisthira, all the members present in the assembly stood up with folded hands and began to chant, "Jaya! Jaya! Namah! Namah!"
- When one presents himself as ignorant, it is called humility, and when there is absence of enthusiasm it is called cowardice. Therefore, in humility, there is cowardice also
- When the cook was cutting the fish, he found within its stomach a nice baby (Pradyumna), which he immediately presented to the charge of Mayavati, who was an assistant in the kitchen affairs
- When the fish was presented to the demon Sambara, it was taken charge of by his cook, who was to make it into a palatable fish preparation
- When the Gopala Deity was installed at Kataka, the Queen of Purusottama-deva went to see Him and, with great devotion, presented various kinds of ornaments
- When Uddhava was about to leave, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, headed by Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda, came to bid him good-bye and presented him with various kinds of valuable goods secured in Vrndavana
- When we chant the Mantra as were presented by the authorities - the process helps communication with the personality of Godhead by the sound waves as we have now experienced in the material world of physical waves vibrations
- While Rukmini was praying, she presented a variety of items before the deity (Durga), chief of which were water, different kinds of flames, incense, garments, garlands and various foods prepared with ghee, such as puris and kachoris
- Within this temple (Pana-Nrsimha) is a conchshell presented by the late king of Tanjore, and it is said that this shell was used by Lord Krsna Himself. During the month of March, a great fair takes place in this temple
- Yudhisthira said, "Such material distinctions are visible in the lives of everyone, even the animals, but pure devotees are freed from these false distinctions. Since these distinctions are absent in Your devotees, they cannot possibly be present in You"
- Yudhisthira, in a gorgeous chariot yoked to excellent horses, was present there along with his queens, including Draupadi