precedes | preceding | preceeding | precede | preceded | precedence
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Preceded"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Affection and the dealings of love are different branches of the original tree of love preceding the many varieties of affectionate manifestations, which will not be discussed here
- All sankirtana must be preceded by the chanting of the holy names of the five tattvas - sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda
- All the ritualistic ceremonies recommended in the sastras must be preceded and followed by sankirtana. This is the recommendation of Srila Jiva Gosvami
- Each island (the seven islands from the planetary system Bhu-mandala, called Jambu, Plaksa, Salmali, Kusa, Kraunca, Saka and Puskara) is twice as large as the one preceding it, and each is surrounded by a liquid substance, beyond which is the next island
- Endowed with the development of consciousness from the seventh month after his conception, the child is tossed downward by the airs that press the embryo during the weeks preceding delivery
- Every Vedic mantra is called brahma because each mantra is preceded by the brahmaksara (aum or omkara). For example, om namo bhagavate vasudevaya
- From the authentic scriptures it is evident that beyond the sky is a covering of seven layers, each ten times thicker than the one preceding it. The covering layers are vast, but with or without coverings, space is limited
- From this (CC Adi 1.56) and the preceding three verses of the Caitanya-caritamrta, which have been selected from Srimad-Bhagavatam, the missionary activities of Lord Caitanya can be understood
- Lord Brahma also worships Krsna by saying, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. He says, "I worship that original person, Govinda." Adi-purusam, Krsna, has no one preceding Him; therefore He is called original
- Lord Sri Krsna, before appearing as Lord Caitanya, requested these devotees to precede Him: Sri Sacidevi, Jagannatha Misra, Madhavendra Puri, Kesava Bharati, Isvara Puri, Advaita Acarya, Srivasa Pandita, Acaryaratna, Vidyanidhi and Thakura Haridasa
- Mahabharata is called the fifth Veda. The four preceding Vedas are the Sama, Yajur, Rg and Atharva. The essence of Vedic knowledge, Bhagavad-gita, is given within the Mahabharata
- My dear lotus-eyed, who are those eleven strong bodyguards with you, and who are those ten specific servants? Who are those women following the ten servants, and who is the snake that is preceding you?
- One executes the process of anga-nyasa & kara-nyasa simply by drinking a little sip of water & chanting the mantra. The mantra is preceded with the first letter of the name, followed by anusvara and the word namah: om namo 'jas tavanghri avyat and so on
- One might argue that since you (Bali) have already promised, how can you refuse? O best of the demons, just take from me (Sukracarya) the evidence of the Bahvrca-sruti, which says that a promise is truthful preceded by the word om and untruthful if not
- The child is tossed downward by the airs that press the embryo during the weeks preceding delivery. Like the worms born of the same filthy abdominal cavity, he cannot remain in one place
- The fifth answer (of Ramananda Raya to the questions of Sri Caitanya) is compared to the most valuable gem, touchstone, because it deals with unalloyed devotion, the ultimate goal of devotional life, and illuminates the preceding four subordinate answers
- The illusory energy of the Lord cannot take precedence, being ashamed of her position, but those who are bewildered by her always talk nonsense, being absorbed in thoughts of "It is I" and "It is mine"
- The prathama-sandhya and sesa-sandhya, the last division of the preceding age, form the junction of the two ages
- The space within the hollow of the universe cannot be measured by any human scientist or anyone else, and beyond the hollow there are seven coverings, each one ten times greater than the one preceding it
- There are two characteristics by which the seeds of love of Godhead can develop, and these are known as rati, or attachment, and bhava, the condition immediately preceding love of Godhead
- These dealings (between Krsna and the gopis) are given in the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, and this indicates that we have to understand Krsna as He is by first reading the preceding nine cantos