Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada and His Sannyasa
"After my sannyasa" |"As a Sannyasi I" |"I accept sannyasa" |"I am a sannyasi" |"I am a vaisnava sannyasi" |"I am also taking sannyasa" |"I am an Indian sannyasi" |"I am mendicant, and Sannyasi" |"I am now sannyasi" |"I am sannyasi" |"I cannot accept this sannyasa" |"I cannot take sannyasa" |"I did not want to take sannyasa" |"I had no desire to accept the sannyasa" |"I had no desire to accept this sannyasa" |"I had to take sannyasa" |"I have become a sannyasi" |"I have become sannyasi" |"I have taken sannyasa" |"I have to become sannyasi" |"I have to take sannyasa" |"I left my home, sannyasi" |"I shall become a sannyasi" |"I take sannyasa" |"I took sannyasa" |"I took sannyasa" |"I will have to take sannyasa" |"I will not take sannyasa" |"In my old age, or as a sannyasi" |"We are beggars, sannyasi" |"after taking sannyasa" |"forced me to take sannyasa" |"me adopt this sannyasa" |"me to accept this sannyasa order" |"me to accept this sannyasa" |"me to become sannyasi" |"me to take sannyasa" |"me to take sannyasa" |"my acceptance of sannyasa" |"my dress, this is called sannyasa" |"my home life and take sannyasa" |"my sannyasa" |"my sannyasa" |"my taking sannyasa" |"sannyasa in ripe old age like me" |"sannyasi like me" |"sannyasi, just like I have become" |"taking sannyasa in 1959 I" |"we are a sannyasi" |"we are sannyasi"
Pages in category "Prabhupada and His Sannyasa"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- I have taken sannyasa
- I took sannyasa
- I was a householder. I never dreamt. But circumstantially I was forced to accept the sannyasa dress just to become a preacher
- In my family life, when I was in the midst of my wife and children, sometimes I was dreaming my spiritual master, that he's calling me, and I was following him
- A sannyasi is not supposed to be asked about anything sexual. But still, because you are so much dependent on my instruction, so I must give you information as far as possible
- A sannyasi should not take part in a marriage ceremony between a young boy and a young girl. However, this is not a karma-kanda activity, because our purpose is to spread the Krsna consciousness movement
- After taking sannyasa I was more engaged in writing my books without any attempt to construct temples or to make disciples like my Godbrothers. I was not very much interested in these matters because my Guru Maharaja liked very much publication of books
- As a Sannyasin, I should not fix up at a certain place and take your service comfortably. It is not the desire of Krishna
- At the present status, I have no legal obligation to my family. Before taking to Sannyas, what ever little money I had I have given to them
- I am a sannyasi and I have no interest with family life, neither we are expected to take part in this man and woman relationship. But still, purposely I have married so many couples, boys and girls, just to see them happy
- I am a Sannyasi and my expenses for propagting the transcendental message is borne by the philanthrophist every where
- I am a Sannyasi and my mission of life is to propagate the idea of cultivating spiritual vision of life which alone can bring about peace and prosperity of the human society
- I am a sannyasi, but if some important work requires I dress myself just like a smart gentleman, I would immediately accept it. So it is not a problem
- I am a sannyasi. I am forbidden to make any association with women. I cannot talk even with woman in a lonely place. That is forbidden. I give you one practical example. When my Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, was living...
- I am a Vaisnava Sannyasi and I have come from India (Vrindaban U.P.) for establishing a preaching centre in America for the first time in the study of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- I am feeling now very much obliged to my, this Godbrother, that he carried out the wish of my spiritual master and enforced me to accept this sannyasa order
- I am so much disgusted by this troublesome business of marriage, because nearly every day I receive some complaint from husband or wife, and practically this is not my business as sannyasi to be marriage counsellor
- I can understand now that how much merciful was my Guru Maharaja that he forced me to take this life
- I had no desire to accept the sannyasa order and preach, but my spiritual master wanted it. I am not very much inclined, but he forced me. That is also done. That is special favor
- I have accepted this renounced order of life in 1958, and since then I am completely devoted to the service of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada
- I have given up my wife and children for this purpose. If I am engaged in family life, then I cannot do this missionary work. I have taken absolute shelter to this work without any disturbance
- I have gone through variety stages of life. So I have got full experience of this material world. I don't want it. That determination is there
- I have got my personal experience. I never tried, never accepted that I shall become a sannyasi. And I tried my best to keep myself in this material world
- I have no ambition to become the proprietor of any temple or house in America because what shall I do with them after becoming a Sannyasi but for the facility of work our own house is absolutely required
- I have taken sannyasa. I have dedicated my life for Krsna. That is the Vedic system, that certain portion of your life should simply dedicate for God. That is called sannyasa
- I never tried, never accepted that I shall become a sannyasi
- I thought, "Oh, I cannot do this. I cannot accept this sannyasa." But My Guru Maharaja was so kind, and he is so kind still. Then he forced me, that "You must do it," taking, pulling my ear, he brought me to this line. In the beginning I was not willing
- I was also grhastha but now I am sannyasi. As grhastha I was thinking it would be very difficult to leave my householder life and take up preaching full time. But actually it has become very easy by the grace of Sri Krsna. Now there are no difficulties
- I was living in a holy place called Vrndavana. I retired from my family life in 1954. Then, in 1959, I took sannyasa order. This is called renounced order of life. No family connection
- I was not very much inclined to take sannyasa, but Guru Maharaja is so kind that he ultimately forced me to take sannyasa and do this work. So it is all his kindness. So this is the memory of his kindness
- I was trained as brahmacari, as grhastha by the mercy of our spiritual master. Therefore I don't feel anything. But abruptly, if we take to sannyasa order, then...
- If you question me that "Swamiji, why you have taken sannyasa?" You may ask that question. Yes. So I may tell you frankly that I had no desire to accept this sannyasa
- In the business circle, I got very good name, and with whom I was dealing business, they were very satisfied. But Krsna made so trick that He broke everything, and He obliged me to take sannyasa
- My Guru Maharaja's plan was that I should come and preach. That was his first instruction. But I wanted that I will not take sannyasa and remain as a grhastha, and then I shall do it
- My spiritual master was Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja. He was also sannyasi. I am also sannyasi. So in this way, by the disciplic succession, we accept this sannyasa order. That is a formality
- So far the title Swami is concerned, although this word is used generally for Sannyasins, this Swami is my particular name as Sannyasi. Therefore, it must be suffixed at the end of my real name, A.C. Bhaktivedanta
- Sometimes we are criticized because although I am a sannyasi, I have taken part in the marriage ceremonies of my disciples
- Taking of sannyasa order is in one sense only a formality. I was preaching and writing for eight or nine years as Vanaprastha and then in 1959 I took sannyasa. So if after a few years as Vanaprastha your behavior is ideal sannyasa can be considered
- The Krsna consciousness movement is not that we are asking everyone to become a sannyasi like me, and give up everything. No. That is not our program
- The sannyasi has no such thing as teaching credentials or "academic vitae." So they can simply decide on the basis of my books and teachings. But I am not an ordinary teacher
- When I was householder, several times there was indication given by my Guru Maharaja that I should give up family life and become a sannyasi and preach this Krsna consciousness movement
- When you become Krsnized, then you'll get more comfort than at the present moment. That's a fact. I am living alone for the last twenty years, but I have no difficulty
- With no companion, I loitered here and there until 1958, when I took sannyasa. Then I was completely ready to discharge the order of my spiritual master