Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - in India, Calcutta
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - in India, Calcutta"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A living entity has got natural inclination for vyavaya, sex life; and madya sevah, intoxication; amisa sevah, and meat-eating. A natural instinct there is. But asuras, they do not try to stop it. They want to increase it. That is asura life
- Arjuna, although he was fighter, Arjuna did not change his position. He did not become a brahmana. After hearing Bhagavad-gita it is not that he gave up his profession as a ksatriya and went to Himalaya to become a brahmana, meditation
- As soon as the water is settled up, you'll see the things as they are. So as soon as our enthusiasm is agitated, it is better to sit down in any temple suitable and chant Hare Krsna
- Because people are not devotees of God, therefore despite all education, all advancement of scientific knowledge, still they are dealing like cats and dogs. They are not peaceful. The peace cannot be attained without Krsna consciousness
- Bhagavan said, daivi sampad vimoksaya. If you develop daivi sampat, these qualities, as described - ahimsa, sattva-samsuddhih, ahimsa, so many things - then you'll get out, vimoksaya
- By Caitanya Mahaprabhu's grace, with the cooperation of the Western youths, this movement is going on. I have traveled all over the countries, as I reported, and everywhere I saw, I was very much pleased that sankirtana is going on
- By the grace of Krsna and Caitanya Mahaprabhu there will be no trouble. You'll be happy. Try to preach this Krsna consciousness movement in India at least for some time, and help them to rise to their standard of Krsna consciousness
- Hanuman become engaged in fighting with Ravana, but he became the greatest devotee of Lord Ramacandra. Arjuna also became engaged with, in fighting with the Kauravas, and he is the greatest
- He (Arjuna) became perfect by his own profession. How? Because he satisfied Krsna. So you can be situated in any position. That does not matter. But try to satisfy Krsna. That is Krsna consciousness movement: how to satisfy Krsna. It is not very difficult
- He proposed these four things: "Yes. We can make you (Zetland) brahmana, provided you give up these bad habits. "What is that? "No illicit sex, no meat-eating, no gambling, no intoxication." He said, "It is impossible. This is our life!" You see
- I am traveling all over the world. There is not a single institution which is meant for giving education about the transmigration of the soul, how one can get better life
- I prayed simply Krsna, "My dear Krsna, anyway, You have come here (to Juhu). You have sat down here. It will be great insult if You are removed from this place." So Krsna heard it, and we won the battle. Now the land is ours
- If you want actually to make progress in our devotional life, the utsahan, enthusiasm, is the first thing. If you are lacking enthusiasm, then you should rest, instead of making too much agitation within the mind
- If you want to learn the transcendental subject matter, then you must adopt three things. First of all surrender. Find out that kind of person where you can surrender. If there is no surrender, it is not possible
- In our Krsna conscious society, if there is no mutual cooperation, then it will fall down immediately
- In this institution, I am guru, and if everyone becomes guru, then who will carry out the order of guru? There must be disciple also, who will carry out the order of guru. So it is not required
- Krsna consciousness movement is so easy. Everyone can take it and make his life successful
- Krsna said to Arjuna, "My dear Pandava, Arjuna, don't be afraid"
- Krsna said to Arjuna, "You are fighting for Me; therefore you are not asura." Those who are fighting for their sense gratification, they're asuras, but if need be fighting for, for cause, right cause...
- Krsna says, patram puspam phalam: "If you are poor man, all right, you give Me little fruit, little flower, little water, I'll eat it." Then what do you want more? Or if you cannot do anything, chant Hare Krsna
- Management is also spiritual activity. Why do you take like that? It is Krsna's establishment
- Meat-eating allowed also: "All right. Just offer a goat before Kali and take that." Not purchase from the market or slaughterhouse. No. So these things are there just to gradually make him refrain from all these habits. Nivrtti. This is Vedic
- Mrgari the hunter
- Nature, under the order of Krsna, is giving chances to us, giving chance to us to come out of the entanglement of birth and death
- Now you can say that "Arjuna was a fighter, and there was great need of the Kuruksetra fighting, so he satisfied Krsna, but I am a poor man, I am not Ksatriya, not (indistinct)." That doesn't matter
- Of course, everyone thinks right cause; therefore it should be confirmed. Just like Arjuna. Arjuna fought when he understood that "This fighting is right cause, it is sanctioned by Krsna." Then it is right cause
- One day the king asked him, "Gopala, what is the difference between you and an ass?" So he immediately measured the distance from the king. He said, "It is three feet only, sir. The difference is only three feet." So everyone began to laugh
- One has to purify his existentional life; otherwise, if he does not purify his existence, then he has to transmigrate from one body to another, and that is material existence
- One has to transmigrate from lower species of life, aquatic life, to trees; from trees to insect; insect to birds; birds to beasts; and from beasts, that is evolution. That evolution is not Darwin's evolution. That evolution, it is called janmanta vada
- Out of many, many thousands and millions of people, one takes to the scientific institute of varnasrama-dharma. That means followers of the Vedas, strictly
- Perfection is, Krsna says that "I am the origin of brahma-jyotir." Therefore from the brahma-jyotir one should make progress up to Krsna
- Prahlada Maharaja and every Vaisnava who is actually following the parampara system of Vaisnava duty, they are anxious
- Prasanna means happy mode of life. Brahma-bhutah prasannatma. What is the happy mode of life? Na socati na kanksati. He does not lament. He does not hanker
- Sex life is allowed married life. That is gradually nivrtti, married life; otherwise they will become upstarts. The society will be lost
- Simply by accepting the process of Krsna consciousness, one develops the daivi sampat, divine quality
- Simply by practicing Krsna consciousness there can be peace, there can be prosperity, there can be happiness. Otherwise we shall be entangled
- Somebody can dedicate his life, somebody can dedicate his money, somebody can dedicate his intelligence, somebody can dedicate his words. So it is not at all difficulty
- Somehow or other, you become Krsna conscious. There is no difficulty. "No, I have no money. I cannot worship Krsna in this way, so gorgeously." No. That Krsna does not say
- That is my greatest encouragement, that even in my absence, things are going on very nicely, improving
- The Darwin's theory is that the body is transforming. No. Body cannot transform. Body can take the shape according to the desire of the soul, or according to the effects, resultant action, of one's karma
- The Pandava, whole Pandava family, they are devotees. Therefore, simply if you become devotee of Lord Krsna, then you acquire all the daivi sampat, and then your life is successful
- The Vedic system is that one should accept the order, sannyasa order, at the last stage of his life
- There are different duties of the varna and asrama. A brahmana has got his duty, a ksatriya has got his duty. Now, a ksatriya's duty is fighting. So how this fighting can be utilized as perfection of life?
- There are different types of apartments. So you can take an apartment or purchase an apartment according to the price you pay. That is evolution. If you can pay more, then you can get nice body, nice apartment. This body is apartment
- There is a cartoon picture in New York. One old man and his wife, sitting together. The wife is requesting the husband, old husband, "Chant, chant, chant," and the husband is replying: "Can't, can't, can't"
- There is no question of being disappointed. After all, we commit so many mistakes. That is human nature. To err is human. That is not fault. But try to rectify with cool head. That is required
- They're (the souls) given chance that "You do this, you do that, you do that," so regulated life, so that ultimately he can come out
- To become Krsna conscious means we have to give up all these so-called or cheating type of religious system
- Unfortunately, the modern civilization, they do not know what is vimoksaya. They're so blind. They do not know that there is some position which is called vimoksaya. They do not know. They do not know what is next life
- Urdhvam gacchanti sattva-stha. If you are regulated in the modes of goodness, sattva-stha, sattva-guna, then you are promoted to the higher planetary system, higher system of life
- We don't restrict to the ordinary man, but if one comes forward to become our student, serious student, then he must follow this pravrtti-nirvrtti. Otherwise he remains asura
- We know that gambling is allowed on the kali-puja day. We know. Especially northern Indian people, mercantile people, they take it, advantage, gambling
- We should be very much strictly follower of the Vaisnava principle. Vaisnava's only business is how to deliver these fallen souls. Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He appeared as a Vaisnava. The business is to deliver
- What if it's done in a culture where this is entirely different (the Indian culture, brahmacari, sannyasi and brahmana, they are allowed to beg alms)?
- What we have to make an asura a deva. That is our process. Krsna consciousness means that it is not that if a man is born in an asura family he cannot be deva. No. He can be deva
- Without becoming devata he'll be entangled. He'll be entangled. He'll have to. He has to continue this four process of birth, death, disease, and old age. That he has to
- Work very hard for Krsna one life
- You are lamenting because a few yards of land has been taken away from your country as Pakistan, but if you spread this Krsna consciousness movement, the whole world will become Hindustan. There is such potency; I give you my direct perception
- You cannot make your right cause. You can not formulate that "This is right cause." That is mental concoction. You must get it sanctioned. That is a principle of daivi life, divine life