Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, Purports to Songs
- These are the purports to 22 unique songs. A total of 29 tracks (5 in two parts)
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Pages Needing Audio - Purports to Songs (21 P)
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, Purports to Songs"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part one - Durlabha manava-janama. Durlabha means very rare to obtain. Manava-janma means this human form of life. It comes after a very long rotation
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part two - Abhilasa means aspiration, hope, or ambition. He (Govinda dasa) is ambitious of becoming a devotee in nine different ways
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1969 - Govinda dasa advises that "You just engage your mind in Krsna consciousness. Then mind becomes automatically controlled"
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1972 - If you train the mind, then mind is your best friend. And if you cannot train your mind, then will be your bitterest enemy
- Bhajahu Re Mana, CD 5 - My dear mind, my desire is that you kindly help me hearing about this abhaya-caranaravinda, Krsna, sravana. And let me chant about His glories, sravana kirtana
- Bhuliya Tomare, CDV 17 - We have heard so much about surrender. So here are some of the songs how one can make surrender
- Dasavatara Stotra, 1970 part one - Next is Kurmavatara. There was churning of the ocean. One side all the demigods and one side all the demons
- Dasavatara Stotra, 1970 part two - Next incarnation is Lord Rama. So He fought with Ravana who had ten heads
- Dasavatara Stotra, CD 8 part one - Pralaya-payodhi-jale dhrtavan asi vedam. This is a song sung by great Vaisnava poet Jayadeva Gosvami
- Dasavatara Stotra, CD 8 part two - Next incarnation is Vamanadeva. This Vamanadeva, a dwarf, He went to Bali Maharaja and asked him three feet land, and his guru, Sukracarya, induced him not to promise, because He is Visnu
- Gaura Pahu, 1969 - Why I have invited the spiritual death? Because I am engaged in something which is useless and I have rejected the real purpose of my life
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Dec 29 - Rupa-raghunatha-pade haibe akuti. When I shall be very much eager to study the books left by the Six Gosvamis. Akuti means eagerness
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- Gaurangera Duti Pada, 1969 part one - Lord Caitanya's pastimes are also as much transcendental as Lord Krsna's
- Gaurangera Duti Pada, 1969 part two - one who can understand that the associates of Lord Caitanya are ever-liberated... Nitya-siddha bale mani, sei yaya vrajendra suta-pasa. Immediately he becomes eligible to enter into the abode of Krsna
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, 1971 - This transcendental name is so sweet that either you chant with your one mouth and one tongue or with one thousand mouths or one thousand tongues, still, you will never feel tired
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, CD 2 - This chanting of Hare Krsna is directly enacted from the spiritual platform, surpassing all lower states of consciousness-namely sensual, mental and intellectual
- Hari Hari Biphale, 1969 - This Krsna consciousness movement, sankirtana movement, is nothing material. It is directly imported from the spiritual kingdom known as Goloka Vrndavana
- Narada Muni Bajay Vina, CD 3 - Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "And the whole universe became ecstatic. Then my desire was satisfied and I therefore pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that let this chanting of hari-nama go on nicely like this"
- Nitai Guna Mani Amara, CDV 17 - Ocean of love of Godhead is a big ocean, but it was not inundated. So Nityananda Prabhu cut a canal from the ocean, and He brought the canal in every door
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1969 - If you are actually serious about going back to home, back to Godhead, then please seek after the mercy of Nityananda
- Parama Koruna, 1969 Jan 16 - My dear brother, just try to worship these two Lords, Caitanya and Nityananda, sudrdha visvasa kori', with faith and conviction
- Prayers of King Kulasekhara, CD 14 - This prayer was offered by one king whose name was Kulasekhara. He was a great king, at the same time a great devotee
- Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, 1969 - My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful, in spiritual bliss, and You appear always very happy. So I have come to You because I am most unhappy. So if You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy
- Sri Nama, CD 3 - Either you stay at your home as a householder, or you stay in the forest as the renounced order of life, it does not make difference, but you have to chant the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, 1968 - Glories to the sri-krsna-sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years together. Thus the fire of conditioned life, of repeated birth and death is extinguished
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, CDV 15 - Lord Caitanya gave us eight stanzas of His mission, what He wanted to do. They are explained in eight stanzas, and they are known as Siksastaka. Siksa means instruction, and astaka means eight
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part one - Bhaktivinoda Thakura. He's asking everyone to rise early in the morning. Vibhavari sesa, the night is over, aloka-pravesa, the glimpses of sunlight are there, now you get up
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part two - Bhaktivinoda Thakura is requesting everyone, "Now you chant all these different names of the Lord, and save me"