Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Answering Questions, 1976
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Answering Questions, 1976"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- A devotee is only supposed to want service, and sometimes he very much wants to be liberated to be finished with all this difficulty, isn't it?
- A devotee, very often after chanting why they develop very, very high. I see a lot of devotees, they falls down back to the maya. What is the reason?
- A lot of them are very young people coming into the movement. Do you think they really understand what they're going into when they join the Krsna movement?
- A pure devotee can see Krsna everywhere, that He's never out of your vision, and at the same time in Siksastaka prayers Lord Caitanya explains that "Govinda, I am feeling Your separation to be twelve years or more." Could you explain this?
- According to karma (varieties of the body, according to the mentality)?
- Actually, although the actual number of initiated devotees is still few, there is a growing, ever-growing number of sympathizers - So you make good supporter, then government is yours - Then it's all based on selling your books more and more?
- After you realize that you're not the body, then what comes next?
- All right. But in terms of specific, say, choosing, specific things, specific details (Krsna said this knowledge to Arjuna and Arjuna said to others and it is open. Everyone can take it, there is no secrecy. We have to accept only, that's all)?
- Almost everyone, except me perhaps, is concerned about death. But how about the smaller obstacles which nevertheless can make people very depressed, neurotic? How do you recognize and live with them or eliminate them?
- Also they bump one another with the drum or with each other's bodies, they dance and they bump like this. That is not bona fide is it? It is very popular in our movement now
- Although, Srila Prabhupada, it's somewhat easy for us to convince that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summary study of all the Vedic literatures, how can we take that Bhagavad-gita is the summary study?
- Am I to understand that women cannot go back to Godhead without being reincarnated to the male?
- And anxiety for Krsna (anxiety for one's self is maya? - That is material)?
- And how long does this go on (are you say that we were perhaps something else before we were born as well? And we keep coming back in something else next time)?
- And how to surrender to God, how to do this?
- And it is sure to go through in this life if you try this (take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead)?
- And Krsna consciousness can help me attain this (happiness)?
- And that mental process, if you are working, is it a wrong mental process?
- And that they should not bump each other or dance with each other personally, distracting the attention from the Deity? Shouldn't all the dancing be focused toward the Deity?
- And the interpretation is by you yourself?
- And the purpose of sastra is to direct this minute independence so that it is not misused?
- And then were you at the university or the school or somewhere?
- And to your mind is it possible to come to God consciousness through other means than yours?
- And what do you mean by surrendering, sir?
- And what is favorable to Krsna? How one knows?
- And what will be the benefit of classifying men according to their qualities?
- And you are sure this is the truth?
- And you in turn choose others (I have been chosen by my spiritual master)?
- And your own schooling, then, in the local schools in Calcutta?
- Another question comes. Why, how the caste system has crippled our society so much, was accepted by...?
- Anxiety for one's self is maya?
- Apart from giving spiritual enlightenment, do you also..., are you also concerned for people's physical well-being?
- Are fasting and other dietary regulations necessary for leading a spiritual life?
- Are persons who are trying to cut down appetite, they should eat cool foods?
- Are the prajapatis responsible for propagating human species or all species of life?
- Are there any books particularly that focus on all this (when you are able to describe God very philosophically, scientifically, mathematically, then your education is perfect)?
- Are there any centers of the society in the Communist world?
- Are there any other Vedic scriptures that you believe speak to a situation that is greatly misunderstood today besides this?
- Are there different prajapatis for the different species?
- Are there different reasons for these higher worlds (this is only one-fourth part manifestation of God's property. The three-fourth part is the spiritual world)?
- Are there many places, let's say, beyond the physical?
- I think that some of the comments of Your Divine Grace, some of the purports of the Fourth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, if they come to the notice of the Indian government, it may give us some... They may seriously consider about banning
- I wanted to know if Bhagavad-gita As It Is, you'd have to read Sanskrit, wouldn't you?
- If one surrenders, how to know that Krsna has accepted?
- In the family. Any formal?
- Is it recommended that a woman become a sannyasi?
- Is that kind of information given in the Vedas (a class of men, they are called vaidyas (doctors). They know all these herb, which herb is medicine for certain disease, and they sell in the market)?
- Is there any limit to the number of chances that the disciple has?
- Is there time in the higher nature?
- There are no changes in the higher nature?
- There are so many translations (of the Gita). How does one decide...?
- They use flesh for curing diseases?
- This sankalpa-vikalpa is there as long as we have our independence, though. Even as devotees, that accepting and rejecting? That is there even in devotees?