Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
pilgrimage | pilgrimages
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Pilgrimage"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A pilgrimage site becomes a holy place because of the presence of the saintly persons
- Advaita Acarya replied, "Sir, You are a mendicant traveling on pilgrimage. Sometimes You eat fruits and roots, and sometimes You simply go on fasting"
- After receiving instruction from Narada, the demon Vrkasura went to Kedaranatha. The pilgrimage site of Kedaranatha still exists near Kashmir
- After visiting Karttikeya, Lord Balarama gradually proceeded to Sailapura, a pilgrimage city in the province of Maharastra. Sailapura is one of the biggest districts in Maharastra province
- Although the King is respectful toward You, he still belongs to the yavana class and should not be believed. We think that there is no need for such a great crowd to accompany You on Your pilgrimage to Vrndavana
- Anyone who is fixed in the service of the lotus feet of Govinda is called tirtha-pada; he does not need to travel on various pilgrimages, for he can enjoy all the benefits of such travel simply by engaging in the service of the lotus feet of the Lord
- He (Lord Balarama) also took His bath there and performed the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies. He continued His travels and gradually came to the pilgrimage city of Gaya, where there is a celebrated Visnu temple
- Hearing of this, Visvarupa immediately left home and went away to accept sannyasa and travel from one place of pilgrimage to another
- If you send such articles of different pilgrimages, that will be also a great service. You have got artistic idea, so please take courage and act enthusiastically
- In accordance with the directions of the revealed scriptures, both Gosvamis excavated the lost places of pilgrimage and inaugurated the worship of Deities in Vrndavana
- In every religion there is recommendation to go to the place, holy places of pilgrimage. This is one set-up. Another set-up is that bhagavatas tirtha-bhutah. Those who are devotees, they are themselves maha-bhagavata. They are first-class devotee
- In my Srimad-Bhagavatam it is written Sri Sailam. At that time it was known as Sailapura, and now it is known as Solapura. It is still a pilgrimage in Mahar, and because Balaramaji was traveling in South India, this is Solapura is in South India
- In the Brahmanda Purana it is said that all the results of traveling on all the pilgrimages within the three worlds can be achieved simply by touching the holy land of Mathura
- Janamejaya celebrated several sacrifices in the Kuruksetra pilgrimage site, and he had three younger brothers named Srutasena, Ugrasena and Bhimasena II
- Jaya Govinda, your article "Hrshikesa'' is published in Back To Godhead. It has come out very nice. If you send such articles of different pilgrimages, that will be also a great service
- Lord Balarama next came to the bank of the river Narmada, the biggest river in central India. On the bank of this sacred Narmada is a pilgrimage spot known as Mahismati-puri
- Lord Visnu said, "You are so pure and great that the water which washes your feet can purify even the places of pilgrimage. Therefore, I request you to purify the Vaikuntha planet where I live with My associates"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed the body of Haridasa Thakura in the sea and then declared, "From this day on, this sea has become a great pilgrimage site"
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu, as Avadhuta, traveled on many pilgrimages, and when He first came to Sri Navadvipa-dhama He remained hidden in the house of Nandana Acarya
- Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami collected many revealed scriptures, and from the evidence in those scriptures they excavated all the lost sites of pilgrimage. Thus they established temples for the worship of Lord Krsna
- Srutadeva thought, "How has it become possible that Lord Krsna, who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His associates, the great sages, whose very presence makes a place as sanctified as a pilgrimage site, have agreed to come to my place"
- The 4 sages headed by Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "My dear SP of God, Your reputation is very attractive and free from all material contamination. Therefore You are worthy of being glorified & are actually the reservoir of all pilgrimages"
- The kuru-ksetra is a pilgrimage, dharma-ksetra. Still it is. There is a railway station of the name Kuruksetra, and that Kuruksetra place is very big field
- The pilgrimage site of Kedaranatha still exists near Kashmir. It is almost always covered by snow, but for part of the year, during the month of July, it is possible to see the deity, and devotees go there to offer their respects
- The purpose of pilgrimages is to remember the Lord constantly, and therefore the Lord is known as tirtha-kirti
- The Samanta-pancaka pilgrimage site is celebrated because Lord Parasurama performed great sacrifices there after killing all the ksatriyas in the world twenty-one times
- The very purifying potency of pilgrimages or worship of different demigods is also achieved by the grace of saintly persons
- The Yadus who went to the Prabhasa pilgrimage site performed their duties by distributing land, gold, and well-nourished cows in royal charity
- They may go sometimes. Just like in India, they used to live locally, but at the same time they used to go to the pilgrimages by walking. It is not prohibited that one should not go out, but when one goes out, he goes out of pleasure, not as obligation
- When Krsna arrived at Kuruksetra in pilgrimage, all the people assembled there began to say that Krsna the son of Devaki had arrived
- When Maharaja Pariksit sat down on the bank of the Ganges, the news spread in all directions of the universe, and the great-minded sages, who could follow the importance of the occasion, all arrived there on the plea of pilgrimage