Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
journey | journeyed | journeys
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Journey"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A pure devotee of the Lord whose heart has once been cleansed by the process of devotional service never relinquishes the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, for they fully satisfy him, as a traveler is satisfied at home after a troubled journey
- After bathing there (river Narmada) according to regulative principles, Lord Balarama returned to Prabhasa-tirtha, where He had begun His journey
- Akrura's journey to Vrndavana is exemplary. One who intends to visit Vrndavana should follow the ideal footsteps of Akrura and always think of the pastimes and activities of the Lord
- Akrura, the son of Svaphalka, meditated on Sri Krsna on his journey from Mathura. He reached Vrndavana by the end of the day. Akrura passed the whole journey without knowing how long it took. When he reached Vrndavana, the sun was setting
- Although the thunderbolt revolved around Vrtrasura's neck with great speed, separating his head from his body took one complete year - 360 days, the time in which the sun, moon and other luminaries complete a northern and southern journey
- As Nanda Maharaja spoke to Akrura with pleasing words, Akrura forgot all the fatigue of his day’s journey from Mathura to Vrndavana
- At that time all the great minds and thinkers, accompanied by their disciples, and sages who could verily sanctify a place of pilgrimage just by their presence, arrived there on the plea of making a pilgrim's journey
- At the time of departure, the Lord requested all the devotees, "Please come here every year to see the Ratha-yatra festival of Lord Jagannatha's journey to the Gundica temple"
- Caitanya continues, "Madhavendra Puri was not at all anxious during the long journey to Vrndavana through the provinces governed by the Muslims and filled with unlimited numbers of watchmen"
- Concerning the proposed meeting with the Pope, I have no objection cancelling or delaying the journey to Tehran if the meeting with the Pope is assured. That is important
- I am so much obliged to you for your devotion and affection for me. I thought of you all throughout my journey from Francisco to New York and I was praying to Lord Krishna for your more and more advancement in Krishna Consciousness
- If you go there through India, overland, of course that will be cheaper for you, but it will also be a very, very difficult journey with many unfortunate or disturbing incidents
- If, after a long time, somebody embarks on a homeward journey, the pleasure of being homeward-bound diminishes the accompanying distress of the journey. The inconveniences of traveling become subordinate
- In Orissa, this Ratha-yatra festival is known as Jagannatha's journey to Gundica. Whereas others speak of it as the Ratha-yatra festival, the residents of Orissa refer to it as Gundica-yatra
- In other words, one who becomes fixed in loving devotional service to Visnu will certainly be able to get relief from this journey of material life
- Meanwhile, all the devotees journeyed from their homes in Bengal to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Men are puffed up with the idea of becoming God Himself, though unable to create a hair of their own bodies. Man may discover so many wonderful vehicles of journey, but even if he reaches the moon by his much advertised spacecraft, he cannot remain there
- My health being not very good, the doctors have advised against making the long train journey as well as the vigorous preaching involved. Under the circumstances I was forced to cancel my going
- Only in the association of devotees can one relish the glorification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Just through a little association with a pure devotee, one can become successful in his journey back to Godhead
- Out of madness they (the people of Kali-yuga) frankly say that there is no need for self-realization because they do not realize that this brief life is but a moment on our great journey towards self-realization
- The devotees of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began their journey crying, while the Lord remained morosely at His residence
- The following details outline a general practice by which one can prepare himself for an easy journey to the Vaikuntha (anti-material) planets, where life is free from birth, old age, disease and death
- The progressive journey from one planet to another culminates in reaching the supreme planet of the Lord (mad-dhama), where life is eternal and full of bliss and knowledge
- The sun is like the eye of the Supreme Lord. I adore the primeval Lord Govinda, in pursuance of whose order the sun performs his journey, mounting the wheel of time
- The sun, full of infinite effulgence, who is the king of all the planets and the image of the good soul, is like the eye of this world. I adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, in pursuance of whose order the sun performs his journey
- This span of life in a particular type of body is but a flash in the eternal journey. Not knowing this fact, the mass of people take the small flash of life to be everything, and they waste time in improving economic conditions
- Thus Jagadananda Pandita, bearing all these gifts, started on his journey. Sanatana Gosvami, however, was very much agitated after bidding him farewell
- Tossed as we are by the waves of action and reaction, we cannot ascertain the volume of our distresses in undertaking such an ominous journey
- When coming from San Francisco I promised to Janaki and other girls that this time when I come back I shall first come to San Francisco. So I shall return by Pacific route and possibly make a break in the journey in Tokyo and Hawaii
- When we begin this sublime chanting process, or even if we simply hear the sound Hare Krishna, then we have begun our journey back to the Spiritual Kingdom, back to Godhead
- You were ready to bear my passage expenses from India to South America. And as I could not get the No objection certificate I had to postpone the journey. This time there is no such question & the passage expenses to Japan are far less than South America
- Yudhisthira said, "This nectar coming from the mouth of a devotee is so powerful that if one is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drink it, he is immediately freed from the continuous journey of birth and death"