Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
personality | personalities
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Great Personalities (1 C, 162 P)
- ► Nature (24 C, 395 P)
Pages in category "Personalities"
The following 256 pages are in this category, out of 256 total.
- A person is called dhira-lalita if he is naturally very funny, always in full youthfulness, expert in joking, and free from all anxieties. Such a dhira-lalita personality is generally found to be domesticated and very submissive to his lover
- A person like Maharaja Rahugana, who was very inquisitive to know the value of life and the spiritual science, must approach a personality like Jada Bharata
- A pure devotee must not cherish any desire other than to serve Krsna. He should not offer worship to the demigods or to mundane personalities. He should not cultivate artificial knowledge, which is devoid of Krsna consciousness
- A responsible personality like Brahmaji refuses to be addressed as the Supreme Lord by his disciples or subordinates, but foolish persons praised by men of the nature of dogs, hogs, camels and asses feel flattered to be addressed as the Supreme Lord
- According to the Hayasirsa-pancaratra, there are sixteen personalities. I shall now describe that opinion of how They hold the weapons
- After coming back to his hermitage, Kardama divided himself into nine personalities just to give pleasure to Devahuti, the daughter of Manu, who was eager for sex life. In that way he enjoyed with her for many, many years, which passed just like a moment
- After Ramananda Raya's arrival, Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed His mercy upon Kasi Misra and met Pradyumna Misra and other devotees. At that time three personalities - Paramananda Puri, Govinda and Kasisvara - came to see Lord Caitanya at Jagannatha Puri
- After the disappearance of Lord Caitanya and Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami keenly felt separation from these two exalted personalities and therefore decided to give up his life by jumping from Govardhana Hill in Vrndavana
- Akrura offered his prayers as follows, "My dear Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You because You are the supreme cause of all causes and the original inexhaustible personality, Narayana"
- All important personalities from different parts of the universe upon beholding Krsna, considered that the Creator had ended all of His craftsmanship in the creation of this particular body of Krsna
- All of these personalities (Uddhava, Daruka, Satyaki, Srutadeva, Satrujit, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra) remain with the Lord as His secretaries, but still they are sometimes engaged in His personal service
- Although he (Romaharsana) has the good qualification of being a disciple of Lord Vyasadeva, and although he has studied all the Vedic literature from this exalted personality, he was not submissive in the presence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although King Indra and the other demigods are exalted personalities, they were so obedient to Narada Muni that King Indra immediately accepted Narada Muni's words concerning Prahlada Maharaja. This is called understanding by the parampara system
- Although Maharaja Pariksit allotted places for the personality of Kali, at the same time he gave no chance for the citizens to be swayed by the personality of Kali
- Another important procedure is that the most exalted personality in the assembly of such a sacrificial ceremony is first offered worship
- Any popular personality with a few traits of mystic powers will display some feat of jugglery and easily become an incarnation of Godhead by popular vote
- Anyone who executes the chanting of this mantra has to abide by certain principles and vows. Although Balarama and Krsna are transcendental personalities, They strictly followed the regulative principles
- Apart from these sixty transcendental qualities, Krsna has an additional four transcendental qualities, which are not manifested even in the personality of Narayana
- Arjuna also says that the personality of the Lord is very difficult to understand and that He cannot be known even by the great demigods
- As explained in the Eleventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna has spread Himself all over the universe in many personalities through specific powers, known as vibhuti
- As long as the great, powerful son of Abhimanyu remains the Emperor of the world, there is no chance that the personality of Kali will flourish
- As soon as there was some disturbance in Dvaraka, people considered the cause to be the absence of an auspicious personality in the city. Thus there was a rumor that because of the absence of Akrura inauspicious things were happening
- At that time Lord Siva's wife, Parvati, was present. Her personality, like Lord Siva's, is a mixture of the three qualities, and therefore she is called Trigunamayi
- At the end of Brahma's life, selected personalities go back home, back to Godhead. Dhruva Maharaja is one of them
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Because He is the omniscient Personality of Godhead, Krsna knew that the cowherd men were preparing for the Indra sacrifice, but as a matter of etiquette He began to inquire with great honor and submission from elder personalities like Maharaja Nanda
- Because of the union of these sixty daughters (of Daksa) with various exalted personalities that the entire universe was filled with various kinds of living entities, such as human beings, demigods, demons, beasts, birds and serpents
- Because the Lord is the source of everything, anger and fighting are also inherent in His personality
- Because they (materialistic men) are too materially absorbed, the conception of retaining the personality after liberation from matter frightens them
- Being extraordinarily intelligent, the King could understand the whole affair. In his estimation, Mukunda was a most uncommon, exalted, liberated personality
- Being transcendentally situated, such personalities as the Kumaras are above all material considerations and are always neutral in respect to material dualities
- Bhavananda Raya had five sons, one of whom was the exalted personality known as Ramananda Raya
- Brahma said, "Actually, when one mistakes a rope for a snake, the existence of the snake is only within the mind. The existence of maya, similarly, is only within the mind. Maya is nothing but ignorance of Your personality"
- Brahma said, "Even one striving for Brahman realization or Paramatma realization cannot understand these features of Your personality unless You bestow on him the result of at least a slight bit of devotional service"
- Brahma said, "If one thinks that the Supersoul is something different from Your personality and thus searches out the Supersoul or the Supreme Brahman somewhere else, in the forest or in the caves of the Himalayas, his condition is very lamentable"
- Brahma said, "When one forgets Your personality, that is the conditioned state of maya. Therefore one who is fixed upon You both internally and externally is not illusioned"
- Brahma, Visnu and Siva are His three incarnations of the material qualities. Creation, maintenance and destruction respectively are under the charge of these three personalities
- But she suffered all this just like an ascetic. Gandhari, although a woman, is no less than Bhismadeva in character. They are both remarkable personalities in the Mahabharata
- By appearing in human society and exhibiting His pastimes as a human being, Krsna definitely showed that there was not a single personality greater than He
- By His internal potency the Lord can expand Himself into various personalities of svayam-prakasa and again into prabhava and vaibhava forms, and all of them are nondifferent from one another
- Caitanya continues, "After receiving the transcendental orders of Gopala, this great personality traveled thousands of miles just to collect sandalwood by begging"
- Charitable personalities such as Hariscandra, Rantideva and Mudgala, who used to live only on grains picked up from the paddy field, and the great Maharaja Sibi, who saved the life of a pigeon by supplying flesh from his own body
- Daksa addressed him (Narada Muni) as papa (the personality of sinful activities) and asadhu (a nonsaintly person)
- Devaki and Rohini said, "The most noble personalities do not discriminate between their own sons and the sons of others, and there cannot be any personalities more noble than Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi)"
- Devaki and Vasudeva, both highly elevated personalities, accepted the truth presented by Kamsa that everything is ordained by providence. According to the prophecy, Kamsa would be killed by the eighth child of Devaki
- During the incarnation of Lord Caitanya to inaugurate the Krsna consciousness movement, even such personalities as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the four Kumaras took birth upon this earth, being allured by ecstatic love of Lord Krsna
- Duryodhana said to Dronacarya: There are personalities like you, Bhisma, Karna, Krpa, Asvatthama, Vikarna and the son of Somadatta called Bhurisrava, who are always victorious in battle
- Even a most learned scholar cannot understand the activities and symptoms of an exalted personality in whose heart love of Godhead has awakened
- Even ordinary living being, he does not die. Na hanyate hanyamane sarire. And what to speak of such exalted, authorized personality like Bhaktisiddhanta. He is seeing. I never feel that I am alone
- Even personalities like Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Manu, the Prajapatis (headed by Daksa), the four Kumaras, Marici, Atri, Angira, Pulastya, Pulaha, Kratu, Bhrgu, Vasistha and even Narada himself could not properly receive the causeless mercy of the Lord
- Feel, you may wrongly feel because you are imperfect. That is not good argument. Our argument is that the message is coming from the most authorized personality; therefore it is perfect. And we receive guru-parampara. That is our process
- Follow in the footsteps of great religious personalities
- From the southern side of the sacrificial fire known as Anvaharya came a fearful personality who looked like the destroyer of the entire creation at the end of the millennium
- Generally, those who are exalted personalities lie down when they feel intoxicated, whereas those who are mediocre laugh and sing during intoxication, and those who are lowly use vulgar language and sometimes cry
- God is a Person exactly like you are a person, I am a person, but His personality is very great, full with six opulences
- Gopis tell Mother Yasoda, "When your son (Krsna) plays on His flute, Lord Siva, Lord Brahma and Indra - although they are supposed to be the greatest learned scholars and personalities - all become bewildered"
- Guru refers to one who gives proper direction under the authority of the Vedic injunctions and according to the examples of the lives of great personalities. The best way to mold one's life is to follow in the footsteps of the authorized personalities
- He (Akrura) considered himself very fortunate to see Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His plenary expansion, Balarama, face to face, for he knew that They were the original personalities of the creation
- He (Krsna) appeared to the wrestlers exactly like a thunderbolt. To the people in general He appeared as the most beautiful personality. To the females He appeared to be the most attractive male, Cupid personified, and thus He increased their lust
- He is the spiritual master of all devotees and is the most revered personality in the world. By a combination of these two names, His name is Advaita Acarya
- He is the supreme individual personality, and we are subordinate personalities. That is the difference. Otherwise, in quality, God, you and me, are all the same
- He said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), in my previous life I was named Vidyadhara and was known all over the world for my beauty. Because I was a celebrated personality, I used to travel all over in my airplane"
- How can one become formless and at the same time have all intelligence and consciousness, direct and indirect? So there are many things for a pure devotee to learn, and he should learn them perfectly from a bona fide personality like Sukadeva Gosvami
- I must explain my position because in these days, a person being worshiped as most exalted personality is something revolution. Because they like democracy, by vote somebody should be elevated however rascal he may be
- I shall now narrate the story of how a hunter became a great devotee by the association of such an exalted personality as Narada Muni. From this story, one can understand the greatness of association with pure devotees
- I think there is more than sufficient engagement for everyone. We have got so much to do. We have to deal with so many men with different personalities. So kindly utilize their energies and at the same time keep them satisfied. That is leadership
- If Arjuna abandoned the battle he would be committing an infamous act. Therefore Krsna said that such an attitude in Arjuna did not fit his personality
- If one asks how a personality can be beheld in four quite opposing ways, the answer is that the Lord is the reservoir of all transcendental qualities and activities
- If one offends an exalted personality, especially the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one certainly becomes most abominable; bereft of the results of pious activities, one must fall down like Ravana and other demons
- If somebody says that "Bhaktivedanta Swami is everything," does it mean I have lost my personality?
- Ignorant personalities, or conditioned souls, have no choice but to accept their precarious condition under material nature. The only remedy is to surrender to Visnu and always pray to be excused
- In Candapura lived Balarama Acarya and Yadunandana Acarya, the priests of these two personalities, and when Haridasa Thakura went there he lived with them
- In the city of Dvaraka the following devotees are known as Krsna's close associates: Uddhava, Daruka, Satyaki, Srutadeva, Satrujit, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra. All of these personalities remain with the Lord as His secretaries
- In the mundane world, even a personality like Brahma is unable to understand the mystic power of the Supreme Lord. Not only did Brahma fail to understand, but he was perplexed even to see the display which was being manifested by Krsna before him
- Indra said, "There are many such foolish personalities in this world, like me, but in due course of time, when they come to their senses, they surrender unto You (Krsna) and again engage themselves properly by rendering service unto You"
- It is by the supreme will that we are situated in certain conditions in terms of family, community and personality. These are all arrangements of the Supreme Lord according to our desires under the spell of maya, illusion
- It is possible that some extremely powerful personality, within or without the universe, may sometimes show more power than the Lord Himself. Still the pure devotee knows that this power is a vibhuti delegated by the Lord
- It is superfluous to speak about Krsna, because every one of you exalted personalities knows the Supreme Brahman, for whom there are no material differences between body & soul, between energy & the energetic, or between one part of the body & another
- It is the grace of Lord Caitanya that He accepted these two exalted personalities as His disciples and raised them to the position of gosvamis, the highest position of brahminical culture
- It was by His (Krsna's) influence only that in a fight I (Arjuna) was able to astonish the personality of god Lord Siva and his wife (Himavati), the daughter of Mount Himalaya. Thus he (Lord Siva) became pleased with me and awarded me his own weapon
- Jarasandha had no intention of addressing Krsna as Purusottama, but great scholars have determined the true meaning of the word purusadhama to be "one who makes all other personalities go downward"
- Just as jnanis think that merging into the existence of the Lord is the highest truth, these seven exalted personalities (the seven great sages) accept devotional service as the perfection of life
- Kali could hardly find the places allotted him. The personality of Kali-yuga, therefore, was seeking the opportunity to establish authority, and by the grace of the Lord he found a hole in the puffed-up, inexperienced son of a brahmana
- Kamsa was a condemned personality in the Bhoja dynasty because he was envious and sinful
- King Prthu's body was tall and sturdy, and his complexion was fair. His arms were full and broad and his eyes as bright as the rising sun. His nose was straight, his face very beautiful and his personality grave
- Krsna continued, "Anyone who desires good fortune must offer his respectful obeisances unto personalities like you (Akrura), who are greater than the demigods"
- Krsna continued, "They (the personalities in the royal order) were not unfit in any way, over & above that, your father, your brother had no objection to such a marriage. On the contrary, they gave their word of honor you would be married with Sisupala"
- Krsna does not increase His age beyond this form of kaisora, and it is confirmed in the Brahma-samhita that although He is the oldest personality and has innumerable different forms, His original form is always youthful
- Krsna is everything. Suppose I if I say, "I am everything in this, my institution," does it mean I have lost my personality?
- Krsna is ruling over Vrndavana as death personified to the thieves, as pleasing bliss to the pious, as the most beautiful Cupid to the young girls and as the most munificent personality to the poor men
- Krsna is the most authoritative personality
- Krsna is unlimited, and His functions and activities are unlimited. And according to His activities, His names are also unlimited. So this is one of the names, Ajita. Ajita means "the personality who is never conquered." Nobody can conquer Him
- Krsna was particularly angry with Satadhanva and wanted to kill him because he had killed Satrajit, a superior personality
- Learned scholars have described the impetus of parental love for Krsna, existing in the elderly personalities who are in relation with Him, as follows
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 1) Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Braja, 2) Maharaj Nanda, the King of Braja, 3) Mother Rohini, the mother of Balarama, 4) all the elderly gopis whose sons were taken away by Lord Brahma
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 5) Devaki, the wife of Vasudeva, 6) the other fifteen wives of Vasudeva, 7) Kunti, the mother of Arjuna, 8) Vasudeva, the real father of Krsna, and 9) Sandipani Muni, Krsna's teacher
- Lord Krsna and Balarama are not two different Personalities of Godhead. God is one without a second, but He expands Himself in many forms without their being separate from one another
- Lord Krsna said, "My dear brahmana friend, you are a most intelligent personality, and you know very well the principles of religious life"
- Lord Krsna's devotees are exceptional personalities, for at all times they are embellished with extraordinary characteristics rarely attained even by the demigods
- Lord Siva does not even construct a house for his residence, but lives underneath a tree, always detached from all worldly things. The personality of Lord Siva symbolizes the best of gentleness
- Lord Siva, the spiritual master of the entire world, is free from enmity, is a peaceful personality, and is always satisfied in himself. He is the greatest among the demigods
- Lord Visnu appeared before King Nabhi with four arms. He was very bright, and He appeared to be the best of all personalities
- Lord Visnu can captivate anyone, even such a strong personality as Lord Sambhu
- Many soldiers of Lord Siva followed the fierce personality in a tumultuous uproar. He carried a great trident, fearful enough to kill even death, and on his legs he wore bangles which seemed to roar
- Material personalities
- Materialists like Ravana, Hiranyakasipu, Kamsa, Jarasandha and Sisupala, were highly qualified personalities by acquisition of material assets, but they were unable to appreciate the presence of the Lord
- Mathura and Hastinapura, the capital of the Kurus, are both puras. Personalities like Arjuna, Bhima, Draupadi and Sridama Brahmana are counted amongst Krsna's fraternal devotees in the puras
- Maya is so strong that they can bewilder a personality like Brahma and Indra, and what to speak of us? Maya is so strong
- Men are naturally apt to hear histories and narrations of various personalities performing mundane activities, without knowing that by such association one simply wastes valuable time and also becomes addicted to the three qualities of mundane nature
- Mother Yasoda and Maharaja Nanda are considered to be the supermost of all elderly personalities
- My dear lord, you create this cosmic manifestation, maintain it, and annihilate it by expansion of your personality, exactly as a spider creates, maintains and winds up its web
- My Lord, the nectar of Your words & the descriptions of Your activities are the life and soul of those who are always aggrieved in this material world. These narrations are transmitted by exalted personalities, and they eradicate all sinful reactions
- My Lord, You are complete knowledge, and there is not a pinch of material contamination in Your personality
- O bull (the personality of religion) you are offenseless and thoroughly honest; therefore I (King Pariksit) wish all good to you. Please tell me of the perpetrator of these mutilations, which blackmail the reputation of the sons of Prtha
- O reservoir of all good qualities, just worship Sri Krsna, the purifier of all purifiers, the most exalted of the personalities worshiped by choice poetry
- On behalf of the general populace, Sanatana Gosvami presented himself as a foolish, lowborn, poorly behaved person, although he was a most exalted personality
- On the way to these spiritual planets, such personalities pass through the sun line called arcir-marga. And on the way they can see all the planets between here and the spiritual world
- Once while Krsna was out walking, one of the associates of Radharani told Her: "My dear friend, do You think that this walking personality is a tamala tree?"
- One can elevate oneself simply by Your grace, so also by Your direction alone one may be lost to all benedictions under the influence of eternal time. Therefore I (Rukmini) have selected You as my husband, brushing aside personalities like Brahma & Indra
- One who approaches the Supreme Lord to render devotional service, but who is proud of his personality, envious of others or vengeful, is in the mode of anger
- One who sees the Supreme Personality of Godhead when he quits his body is certainly very fortunate, and therefore personalities like Brahma and the other demigods eulogized the death of the demon
- Only by the grace of the divine personalities, the pure devotees of the Lord, can one achieve pure devotion, which is the highest perfection of human life. Only a pure devotee of the Lord can show one the right way of progressive life
- Only when one knows Lord Krsna's greatness can one firmly put one's unflinching faith in Him; otherwise, like the common man, even the great leaders of men will mistake Lord Krsna for one of the many demigods, or a historical personality, or a myth only
- Our Vedic information is that the first creation is the most intellect, that is the most intellectual personality within this universe, Brahma
- Out of the broken, fallen trees came two great personalities, shining like blazing fire. All sides became illuminated & beautiful by their presence. The two personalities immediately came before child Krsna & bowed down to offer their respects & prayers
- Perfect personalities
- Personalities like Sri Ganga-narayana, Ramakrsna and many others, who were actually born in brahmana families, accepted Narottama dasa Thakura and Syamananda Gosvami as their spiritual masters
- Places of pilgrimage are always infected by the sins left by the sinners who go there, but when a personality like Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visits such a place, all contaminations vanish
- Please put Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mercy to your crucial test, and if you are actually a logician you will come to the right conclusion that there is no personality more merciful than Lord Caitanya
- Pradyumna once addressed Samba with these words: "My dear Samba, you are such a glorified personality! I have seen that once when you were playing on the ground, your body became covered with dust; yet our father, Lord Krsna, still took you up on His lap"
- Process of concocting an incarnation of God has become an ordinary business, especially in Bengal. Any popular personality with a few traits of mystic powers will display some feat of jugglery and easily become an incarnation of Godhead by popular vote
- Sages are naturally inclined to do good to the common man, and when they see a personality like Maharaja Pariksit advance in devotional service, their pleasure knows no bounds, and they offer all blessings in their power
- Sahadeva said, "Although demigods such as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Indra and many other exalted personalities are present in this assembly, no one can be equal to or greater than Krsna"
- Sahadeva said, "If anyone is charitably disposed, it will be very good for him to give charity only to Krsna, who is the Supersoul of everyone, regardless of his particular body or individual personality"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "The color of the personality in whom the characteristics of the Lord are found is yellowish. His activities include the distribution of love of Godhead and the chanting of the holy names of the Lord"
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "I know that Lord Krsna is the ideal personality of Vedic culture. He is always in favor of brahminical culture and is very kind to the qualified brahmanas"
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "You are the most fortunate person because you have as your friend the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Lord Krsna is the only shelter for personalities like you because you are fully surrendered unto Him"
- Since every woman in this world wants her husband to be very influential, rich and powerful, Puranjana, to seduce the girl, introduced himself as such a personality
- Since Krsna and Narayana are both the same personality, Laksmi's association with Krsna did not break her vow of chastity. Rather, it was in great fun that the goddess of fortune wanted to associate with Lord Krsna
- Sisupala said, "By their (personalities who have undergone great austerities) knowledge and direction, they can deliver many persons who are suffering from the pangs of material existence"
- Sisupala said, "I can see that in this meeting there are many personalities who have undergone great austerities, who are highly learned, and who have performed many penances"
- Sisupala said, "I fully agree with the respectable persons present here that they are competent to select the personality who can be worshiped first, but I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I see here that although many stalwart personalities are present in this assembly, the influence of time is so strong that they have been misled by the statement of a boy (Sahadeva) who has foolishly spoken about Krsna"
- Siva-jvara said "Generally people consider Lord Siva the most powerful personality in the material world, but Lord Siva is not all-powerful; You (Krsna) are all-powerful. This is factual"
- So you are all good souls, please do not be agitated in trivial things. Do your duty nicely, develop the center as nicely as possible. If you think that your personality has been minimized, you can tolerate it
- Some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty, along with Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Somehow or other if a conditioned soul surrenders to such personalities (Krsna, Lord Caitanya or His representatives) and by intimate association with them chances to become Krsna conscious, he is saved from the material conditions of life
- Sometimes among contemporary personalities there are signs of ecstasy in anger because of love for Krsna. An example of such anger was exhibited in a quarrel between Jatila and Mukhara
- Sometimes they (the activities of a transcendental person) may seem rather odd, but a transcendental personality remains in his position, unaffected by material considerations
- Spiritual personalities
- Sri Caitanya continued, "You are a great, spiritually advanced personality, and therefore you cannot worship a person like Me. I am far inferior. If you do so, My spiritual power will be diminished, for you are as good as the impersonal Brahman"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the most benevolent personality in human society because His only desire is to make people happy. His sankirtana movement is especially meant for the purpose of making people happy
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu and Haridasa Thakura told Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that two personalities - Sri Rupa and Sanatana - had come to see Him
- That the Lord is formless or impersonal means that He has nothing like a material form and is not like any material personality
- That very personality who stole away my heart during my youth is now again my master. These are the same moonlit nights of the month of Caitra. The same fragrance of malati flowers is there, & the same sweet breezes are blowing from the kadamba forest
- The above description of Radha and Krsna from the diary of Srila Svarupa Damodara Gosvami is a condensed explanation, but one needs great spiritual insight to understand the mystery of these two personalities
- The age of Kali aims at killing the higher principles of life, and although Maharaja Pariksit strongly resisted the domination of the personality of Kali within the world, the influence of the age of Kali came at an opportune moment
- The authentic scriptures are compiled by personalities like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Parasara, who are not ordinary men. All the followers of the Vedic way of life have accepted these famous personalities
- The beauty of Krsna's body is so attractive that it attracts not only the demigods & other living entities within this material world but the personalities of the spiritual sky as well, including the Narayanas, who are expansions of Krsna's personality
- The best way to mold one's life is to follow in the footsteps of the authorized personalities like those mentioned herein by Prthu Maharaja, beginning with Svayambhuva Manu
- The brahmana also accused the King of being ksatra-bandhu, which refers to a person born in the family of ksatriyas, or the royal order, but lacking the qualifications of a royal personality
- The daughters were asked separately to submit their selection of a husband who was famous for his acts and personality. The ultimate selection depended on the choice of the father
- The demigods from the higher planetary systems showered flowers, congratulating Krsna and Balarama. Among the demigods were powerful personalities like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, and all joined together in showing their jubilation over Kamsa's death
- The Earth personified continued, "Yet since You (Krsna) are transcendentally situated, nothing material can be identified with Your personality"
- The earthly deity (in the form of a cow) thus replied to the personality of religious principles (in the form of a bull): O Dharma, whatever you have inquired from me shall be known to you. I shall try to reply to all those questions
- The exhibition of this vatsalya-rasa standard of devotional service can be found in the dealings of Krsna with His devotees who represent themselves as superior personalities like father, mother and teacher
- The exuberance of transcendental mellows is increased by the association of a large number of personalities similar to Radharani, who are also known as gopis or sakhis
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "Your (Krsna's) energies are so extensive and inconceivable that even powerful personalities like Brahma, the lord of this particular universe, cannot measure Your inconceivable power"
- The great sage Narada, the elder personalities of the Yadu dynasty, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna Himself, all supported the statement of Uddhava
- The highest personality in this material universe is no more significant than an ant for a devotee. Such a stage can be achieved by the mercy of Lord Caitanya, who preached pure devotional service in this age
- The impersonal conception of one's self is just the negation of material personality and is far from the positive existence of personal form
- The impersonal feature is but one of the features of His personality. Ultimately, He is a person; He is not impersonal. And not only is He purusa, a person, but He is the lila-purusottama, the best of all persons
- The influence of time, which manifests as past, present and future, cannot touch higher personalities like Brahma and other demigods. Sometimes demigods and great sages who have attained such perfection are called tri-kala jna
- The instruction is that even such personalities may be sexually attracted, so how much we shall remain careful. This is the instruction
- The Lord did not display many of the miracles which are generally expected from such personalities, but He did once perform a wonderful miracle in the house of Srinivasa Thakura while sankirtana was in full swing
- The Lord is always described as the parama-purusa, or the supreme male personality. Thus the affection between the Lord and the living entities is something like that between the male and the female. Therefore the term love of Godhead is quite appropriate
- The Lord is never affected by the activities which He apparently performs by His different incarnations and personalities, nor does He have any desire to achieve success by fruitive activities. The Lord is full by His different potencies
- The Lord said that the concise form of Srimad-Bhagavatam as explained to Brahma was meant to elucidate His personality
- The Lord said, "Since you are all very learned personalities, whatever you decide I shall accept"
- The Lord, the Original Person, is the father of all other living entities, beginning from Brahma, the personality from whom all other living entities in different gradations of species are generated
- The manifested personalities are mundane controllers of the material affairs, whereas the nonmanifested Personality of Godhead is transcendental, beyond the range of the material atmosphere
- The Mayavadis are very proud of their grammatical knowledge, but any person who has actual knowledge of grammar can understand that aham means "I" and that "I" refers to a personality
- The message of the Lord, especially from a personality like Sukadeva Gosvami, can never be tiring, even though one may be exhausted from other causes
- The monarchs were all chivalrous personalities, and therefore monarchy should be maintained provided the monarch is regularly trained in the occupational duties of a king
- The name "Radha" is derived from the root word aradhana, which means "worship." The personality who excels all in worshiping Krsna may therefore be called Radhika, the greatest servitor
- The nine personalities mentioned are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- The objects of the senses (such as sound and touch), the organic activities (such as evacuation) and the different types of bodies, society, friendship and personality are considered by learned scholars the fields of activity for the functions of the mind
- The Pancaratras state that the personality of jiva called Sankarsana has emerged from Vasudeva, the supreme cause of all causes, that Pradyumna, the mind, has come from Sankarsana, and that Aniruddha, the ego, has come from Pradyumna
- The party led by Damaghosa contained thousands of men, among whom the prominent kings and personalities were Jarasandha, Dantavakra, Viduratha and Paundraka
- The Personality of Godhead Lord Siva will be completely able to control the waves of your water, and when pure devotees bathe in your water, the sinful reactions left by sinful men will be counteracted
- The personality of Kali asked for something more, and because of his begging, the King gave him permission to live where there is gold because wherever there is gold there is also falsity, intoxication, lust, envy and enmity
- The personality of Kali became gold-standardized. According to Srimad-Bhagavatam, gold encourages falsity, intoxication, prostitution, envy and enmity. Even a gold-standard exchange and currency is bad
- The personality of religious principles, Dharma, was wandering about in the form of a bull. And he met the personality of earth in the form of a cow who appeared to grieve like a mother who had lost her child
- The personified Vedas said, "You (the Supreme Lord) appear even as a historical personality of this material world, & Your pastimes are very nicely described in the Vedic literature. Such pastimes are as attractive as the ocean of transcendental bliss"
- The post of Brahma is the highest responsible post within the universe, and it is offered to the most perfect personality of the universe
- The presiding Deity of the anti-material world is Sri Krsna, who exists in His original personality as well as in His many plenary expansions
- The principles of dharma, religion, come down in the parampara system beginning with twelve personalities
- The rule is that in the presence of a higher personality one should not be very eager to impart instructions, even if one is competent and well versed
- The science of Krsna, or the science of God and the living entities, is so subtle that even a personality like Vidura has to consult persons like the sage Maitreya
- The significance of advancement in transcendental knowledge and detachment from material attraction is exhibited in the personality of a highly advanced devotee
- The summum bonum Krsna is one without a second. He Himself has expanded Himself in various parts, portions and particles as svayam-rupa, and jivas, all provided with innumerable energies just suitable to the respective persons and personalities
- The Supreme Lord is not impersonal, as misconceived by less intelligent thinkers. Rather, He is the Supreme person, as confirmed in all authentic Vedic literatures. But His personality is different from what we can conceive
- The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, is always unlimited, and His glories cannot be completely enumerated by anyone, even by a personality like Lord Brahma
- The Supreme Lord, who is the leader of all living entities, can award all the qualities of His personality unto His devotees, including immortality and spiritual bliss
- The Supreme Person has to be understood by the transcendental sound vibrated by Him in Bhagavad-gita, wherein He says that there is nothing superior to Himself; the impersonal Brahman effulgence is resting on His personality
- The Supreme Whole is compared to the sun, which also exists in four features, namely the personality of the sun-god, the glare of his glowing sphere, the sun rays inside the sun planet, and the sun’s reflections in many other objects
- The Vaikuntha planets are full of transcendental variegatedness, including the four-handed residents of those planets, with great opulence of wealth and prosperity, and there are even airplanes and other amenities required for high-grade personalities
- The wives of Krsna were so fortunate that they got the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their husband, although their husband’s personality was unknown even to Brahma and the other demigods
- The world is miserable for the materially infected person, but for a devotee the entire world is as good as Vaikuntha, or the spiritual sky. The highest personality in this material universe is no more significant than an ant for a devotee
- The worshippers of the demigods at least have fear of some higher personality, and that may eventually develop into fear of the Supreme Personality. But the impersonalists think that everything is Brahma, everyone is God
- There are many books available in the market, full of good instruction, knowledge, but why we are giving so much stress on the Bhagavad-gita? Because it is spoken by a personality who is above all imperfections
- There are many students who, in spite of reading the Bhagavad-gita, misunderstand Krsna because of imperfect knowledge and conclude Him to be an ordinary historical personality. This one must not do
- There is a king in the sun planet. We may call him sun-god or something like, but there is a predominating personality. He has got his personal effulgence, body. Just like fire has got effulgence, heat and light, similarly, he is the fiery god
- These are the preachings of a sadhu. He is not satisfied with his own liberation. He always thinks about others. He is the most compassionate personality towards all the fallen souls
- This impersonality means that He (God) is not a person of this material condition. He is a transcendental personality without a material body
- This is the nature of the mind of an uncommon personality. Sometimes it is soft like a flower, but sometimes it is as hard as a thunderbolt
- This royal Personality of Godhead (King Prthu) will be able to supply rains exactly like the heavenly King Indra. Thus he will very easily be able to protect the citizens from drought
- This selfish nature is found not only among the richer class of men on this planet but even in personalities like Indra and other demigods. Too much wealth makes a man selfish
- Those under the clutches of Maya, thinking the Lord an ordinary person, can understand that certain exalted personalities, after accumulating volumes of pious activities, are now playing with the Lord in friendship as cowherd boys
- Those who are actually pure devotees are celebrated as mahatmas, or great sages, personalities perfect in knowledge
- Those who are conscious of Krsna only as a historical personality or who are envious of the greatness of Krsna should not be told this most confidential part of knowledge
- Through their service, devotees see that Personality of Godhead, just as the denizens of heaven see the personality of the sun
- Thus I (the young brahmana) have called upon a great personality in this transaction. I have asked the Supreme Godhead (Saksi-gopala) to be my witness. The entire world accepts the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Thus respectable personalities such as His father, mother and spiritual master all take birth on earth first
- To receive such a personality as Maharaja Pariksit, who was especially cared for by the Supreme Lord, a suitable moment is chosen when all good stars assembled together to exert their influence upon the King
- To the parents of Krsna, Nanda and Yasoda, He appeared to be the most loving child. To Kamsa, the king of the Bhoja dynasty, He appeared to be death personified. To the unintelligent, He appeared to be an incapable personality
- To think that God has lost His personality because His many parts and parcels are distributed all over the universe is an illusion
- Tree you cut, there is no personality, it does not protest, "Why you are cutting?" It does not scream. But a man or animal, when you attempt to injure, it screams, it protests. That means consciousness is developed
- Twelve personalities - Brahma, Narada, Lord Siva, Kumara, Kapila, Manu, Prahlada Maharaja, Janaka Maharaja, Bhisma, Bali, Sukadeva Gosvami and Yamaraja - are agents of the Lord authorized to speak and propagate the principles of religion
- Uddhava continued, "Balarama and Krsna are the original Personalities of Godhead, from whom the cosmic manifestation emanates. They are chief among all personalities. Each of Them is both the material and the efficient cause of this material creation"
- Uddhava is described as the most exalted personality in the Vrsni dynasty, being almost equal to Krsna
- Unless he comes in the category of these big Vaisnava personalities, his manufacturing some songs will be misleading to himself and to others
- We are as if roaming in the street like street beggars, although we are all the transcendental sons of the richest personality, the Personality of Godhead. With a cool head, we could very well understand this fact
- We require personalities like you to join this movement wholeheartedly, but because you have got wife and children I am hesitating to ask you to close your business. As a responsible head of a family you should consider this point seriously
- When Daksa, the leader of the Prajapatis, entered that assembly, his personal bodily luster as bright as the effulgence of the sun, the entire assembly was illuminated, and all the assembled personalities became insignificant in his presence
- When Maharaja Pariksit was ruling the world as the King of Bharata-varsa, he chastised the personality of Kali. According to revealed scriptures and astrological calculation, the age of Kali is in its five thousandth year
- When one commits an offense at the feet of a Vaisnava, one must immediately apologize to such a personality so that his spiritual advancement may not be hampered
- When one's characteristics are very sweet and desirable, his personality is called pleasing
- When the women saw Pradyumna, dressed in yellowish garments, with very long arms, curling hair, beautiful reddish eyes, a smiling face, jewelry and ornaments, they at first could not recognize him as a personality different from Krsna
- When the women saw that not all the characteristics of Lord Krsna were present in the personality of Pradyumna, out of curiosity they came back to see him and his wife, Mayavati
- Wheresoever on the surface of the globe fell the semen of the great personality of Lord Siva, mines of gold and silver later appeared
- Yamuna prayed "My dear Balarama, You are the most powerful personality, and You are pleasing to everyone"
- You (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) create this cosmic manifestation, maintain it, and annihilate it by expansion of your personality, exactly as a spider creates, maintains and winds up its web
- Your Majesty (King Jarasandha) must have heard the glorious names of charitable personalities such as Hariscandra, Rantideva and Mudgala, who used to live only on grains picked up from the paddy field, and the great Maharaja Sibi