This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Paying Taxes (1 C, 27 P)
Pages in category "Paying Money"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- According to law of karma, you have given one hundred dollars to a poor man to help him. This means that the poor man has to pay you four hundred dollars in your next life, with interest and compound interest
- After hearing this explanation, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied with affectionate anger. "Gopinatha Pattanayaka does not want to pay the King the money that is due," the Lord said. "How then is the King at fault in punishing him"
- Another thing has developed in the meantime, that we have made contract to purchase a nice church here, costing $225,000; and the down payment has to be made $50,000 within the month of March
- First you should pay the revenue due the King, and then you may spend the balance for religious and fruitive activities
- Formerly, one servant was engaged, ten rupees or twelve rupees per month. Now you cannot get a servant unless you pay one hundred rupees. So in that comparison, everyone is getting more money, but still the condition is the same
- I am negotiating with one Mr. Javarali for purchasing a piece of land priced near about 13,000 Rs. Now, if I send you the equivalent in American dollars, whether it will be possible for you to pay him the above approximate price?
- I do not know the price of the house, neither I know what funds will be raised in my presence but I can promise that whatever funds can be raised on that occasion I shall pay to you for your house
- I do not understand why he is engaged in this business of his if there is not any tangible profit. He says that there is big, big money but still he has not yet paid ISKCON the debt that he has. Therefore what is this business
- I do not wish that Gurukula should be closed down in Dallas. So you kindly arrange to send your child back to Gurukula. One thing is at least for the time being, you must arrange to pay the tuition for your child
- I don't take cheap students, that "You can do whatever you like, and you pay me some money. I give you some mantra, and you become God." I don't say like that. I don't bluff like that. I have not come to earn money from your country
- I don't want your money; you are taking books from us, and you are paying
- I have got many thousands of disciples. These disciples want to pay me something as a matter of etiquette and I want to utilize this money for printing different kinds of books on this Krishna Consciousness Movement
- I have informed Gopala Krishna to supply you with the needed books. However, he has complained that you have a large debt to the BBT and you are not paying it off. So I request you to gradually reimburse the BBT in Bombay
- I like Australia very much because of your book distribution. So sell books and secure money and purchase the house and pay BBT conveniently
- If George is agreeable to be the guarantor, that is not a very big thing, only a small favor and he hasn't got to pay anything. We shall pay whatever money we have got and the rest monthly for so many years, the longest period we can get
- If one is intelligent, let him perform service to the government, and after paying the government, he can spend whatever money is left
- If the man has paid the fee, he should get the benefits as much as the others are getting
- If you accept this chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, whole Europeans will follow you. If you chant this Hare Krsna mantra, you haven't got to pay any fee, neither you will lose anything. There is no loss, but the gain is very much
- If you can purchase vote by paying money, then where is democracy?
- If you have to take some money from somebody, that is your income. And if you have to pay somebody that is your expenditure. Two things are going on. You cannot expect here in this material world simply income. There must be expenditure
- If you want to be free from the reaction of the sinful activities in this life - exactly in the same way as Christian Bible advises that you have to make some atonement, go to the church and confess your sinful activities and pay some fine
- In his childhood Madhvacarya was known as Vasudeva, and there are some wonderful stories surrounding him. It is said that once when his father had piled up many debts, Madhvacarya converted tamarind seeds into actual coins to pay them off
- In India, according to Vedic civilization, one is very much afraid of taking loan from others because he has conviction, "If I do not pay, then in my next life I'll have to pay many times. So I must liquidate my debt." That's a fact
- In some religious sects a sinful man goes to a priest to confess his sinful acts and pay a fine, but then he again commits the same sins and returns to confess them again. This is the practice of a professional sinner
- In the material world a servant works when money is paid, wages. A devotee is not like that. A devotee serves Krsna out of duty. That is God consciousness
- In the next issue of "Back to Godhead" you should put one note of thanks to Mr. Alexander Kulik of Laguna Beach California. This boy has kindly paid BBT Dollars 25,000.00 for publication of books
- Is it not? "We trust in God. I promise to pay you. Take this paper now. Not even one cent worth. It is written there hundred dollars." So I am thinking I am very happy: "Now I have got this paper." That's all. Cheaters and cheated. This is going on
- It is a bad policy to send good money after bad money as in the matter of paying some past debts. That is not good business proposal
- It is not good that they are always asking me for money. The money is coming from the BBT in Bombay and it will have to be paid back in due course of time
- Maharishi came here, and he supported that "Whatever nonsense you like, you do. You simply pay me thirty-five dollars and I give you one mantra, and within six months you become God." Oh, he looted your country
- My only point is that we are dealing with the public. They are paying us money and we should handle them so carefully so that they may think of us as spotless
- Nobody is paid here a single farthing. Rather, he brings money. But still, he is happy. But the karmis, they are getting money, salary; still, they are not happy
- Nobody paying us, no government, no..., that "You take so many million dollars for spreading Krsna..." Nobody. Therefore we require some gold
- Now he promises he will not return to London unless Hamsaduta goes away. How can I ask Hamsaduta to go away when he has improved the situation? From Puranjana's letter, Hamsaduta is ready to pay back the dues owed to the landlord at Bury Place
- Raghunatha dasa drew up an account of the amount to be given and submitted it to Raghava Pandita, who then made up a list showing how much money was to be paid to each and every devotee.
- Regarding the free distribution of books, there is no need in this country. They have sufficient money and sometimes they pay more than the price
- Tactfully they did not give us the conveyance. So now they have given neither conveyance or returned our money, but the deal is completed. So when they shall give the conveyance, then we shall pay the balance
- The animal propensity - he is seeing his wife daily naked, and still he is going to see naked dance, and paying some fees. Because they have no engagement except this animalism. Is it not?
- The armament preparation is going on. More than fifty percent of the income of the state are now being spent for this arm..., heavily. Instead of other purposes, it is being spent for military strength, every state. So that heavy toll we are paying
- The center has become cumbersome on account of mismanagement. Things must be settled before Shayamasundar can take charge again. These bills presented by different creditors on account of jewelry business must not be paid by ISKCON
- The land purchase should be done according to this letter. I shall advise the Bank to pay the necessary money
- The president cannot take any loans without authorization. This is a declaration. These things must not be allowed. Whatever he has taken must be returned and he must pay back the money that he has kept
- The purchase money cannot be given to anyone else; we shall directly deal with the sellers and pay them directly. So direct contact with the sellers is absolutely necessary
- The spiritual master never instructs his disciple, "Take a mantra from me, pay me some money, and by practicing this yoga system you will become very expert in materialistic life." This is not the duty of a spiritual master
- The two brothers devised a means whereby they could give up their material activities. For this purpose, they appointed two brahmanas and paid them a large amount of money
- Then he was told that the King demanded the money due him and asked what means he would adopt to pay it. "Kindly take my horses," he replied, "for a proper price"
- There are many members who pay some money; but these students are learning according to my direction
- These debts must be paid, that is important business. Along with our preaching and propaganda work, we must also give attention to financial matters, otherwise the whole thing will collapse and it will be a farce
- This Gopinatha Pattanayaka, he said, 'is unwilling to pay the money due. Instead, he is squandering it under some pretext. If you issue an order, I can put him on the canga and thus realize the money'
- This money must be paid for by BBT and not deducted from the M-V construction funds. So this amount should also be transferred here immediately so that work in Vrindaban may not be hampered
- We are prepared to pay cash 4 lacs less what we have already paid. Otherwise they must return our money and pay all damages, interest, etc, and we shall leave the temple as it is and shall go away: what can be done
- We are serving God, we have no profession, we have no business, we have no income, but Krsna is supplying all the necessities of life. Paying for this house two thousand dollars per month. We have got one hundred such centers
- We believe in the transcendental abode, cintamani, Goloka Vrndavana. If somebody pays out millions of dollars and asks you to forget all these things, we cannot do that
- We have actually seen, especially in the Western countries, that men who have reached more than eighty years of age still go to nightclubs and pay heavy fees to drink wine and associate with women
- What is the business in that club? Old men, they are going. So lusty that they enter the club by paying fifty dollars, and then there is young women and wine, and that is their pleasure
- What is the fault on the part of the King? He wants the government's money. However, when they are punished for failing to pay the government its due, they come to Me to release them
- What kind of impression is it to the members that we always have to approach them to borrow their car? Please get it. But one thing is that I have heard that you are taking the money from the BBT to pay for it
- Whatever the disciples bring, that is his income. No salary, no contract, that "If you pay me hundred dollars or five hundred dollars weekly, then I can teach you." No. There is no such contract. Teaching is free
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was picking up the straws and grains of sand, He said, "I shall gather everyone's collection, and I shall ask whoever has collected less than all the others to pay a fine of sweet cakes and sweet rice"
- You don't require to labor and pay somewhere some five dollars, ten dollars, and practice this gymnastic. No. It is not possible. And as soon as you come out, you'll again engage yourself in all nonsense activities
- You must pay your entire debt to the Book Fund in the future, otherwise you will become that disciple who spends the money of his Spiritual Master
- You should not pay anything without my permission. Who has requested you to give them money? What is this nonsense? Now, you don't give a single paise without first asking my permission