"past life" | "past lives"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Past Life of a Devotee of God (1 C, 11 P)
Pages in category "Past Life"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- A friend tells mother Yasoda: "It appears to be due to the result of severe penances and austerities in your past lives that your son (Krsna) was saved in this way"
- A living being may forget all that he might have done in his past or present life, but one must know that in the same tree of the material body, the individual soul and the Supreme Soul as Paramatma are sitting like two birds
- A man engages in sinful activities because he does not know what he did in his past life to get his present materially conditioned body, which is subjected to the threefold miseries
- A person who has the pure characteristics of a brahmana due to devotional service, which is like a blazing fire burning to ashes all the sinful reactions of past lives, is certainly saved from the consequences of sinful acts
- According to one's mental composition, one can understand what the living entity was in his past life as well as what kind of body he will have in the future
- According to one's mental composition, one can understand what the living entity was in his past life as well as what kind of body he will have in the future. Thus the mind indicates the past and future bodies
- After birth the child may forget about the difficulties of his past lives, but when we are grown-up we can at least understand the grievous tortures undergone at birth and death by reading the authorized scriptures like Srimad-Bhagavatam
- After changing the body, a living creature forgets everything of his past life, but because Narayana, the Supersoul, is present within his heart, he is reminded by Him to act according to his past desire
- After giving up this gross body, the living entity enters either an animal body or a demigod's body on this planet or on another planet. He thus enjoys the results of the actions of his past life
- Akrura thought, "By His (Krsna's) merciful embrace, surely my body, heart and soul will be completely cleansed of the actions and reactions of my past life. When our bodies touch, I will immediately stand up with folded hands, with all humility"
- Although he (Bharata) lost his human body and received the body of a deer, he did not forget the incidents of his past life
- Although in the body of a deer, Bharata, due to his rigid devotional service in his past life, could understand the cause of his birth in that body. Considering his past & present life, he constantly repented his activities, speaking in the following way
- Although the flute is unfit, he is drinking the nectar of Krsna's lips. Seeing this, we qualified gopis are dying of unhappiness. Therefore, we must consider the austerities the flute underwent in his past life
- An offense at the feet of a Vaisnava is more dangerous than an offense at the lotus feet of the Lord. Vidura was certainly very liberal to bestow mercy upon his brother Dhrtarastra, whose past life was very materialistic
- Anyone who will take to this chanting process, whatever, you don't consider about his past life. He will become saintly. He will become a pure Krsna conscious person. The evidence is Jagai-Madhai
- Anyone with a material body cannot remember his past life, nor can he foretell his future life, nor can he predict the outcome of his present life; therefore he cannot know what is happening in past, present and future
- As far as the conditioned soul is concerned, there is no wonder that he has some sinful activities in his past life, and this should be admitted and confessed before the Lord
- As we are not this body, past life means there was another body; we have forgotten it. Just like at night we dream, "I have gone to some foreign place and talking with some foreigners and so on, so on"
- Death means I have forgotten what was I was in the past life. That is called death. Otherwise I, as spirit soul, I have no death
- Due to his (Bharata Maharaja) having been elevated to the topmost platform of devotional service, he did not forget the incidents of his past life
- Due to his being especially gifted with the Lord's mercy, Bharata Maharaja could remember the incidents of his past life
- Due to his stringent execution of devotional service, Maharaja Bharata could remember the activities of his past life and how he was raised to the spiritual platform
- Due to the activities of his past life, Jada Bharata was being very cautious and was therefore assuming the characteristics of a deaf and dumb man to avoid mingling with the material world
- He (Akrura) was confident that on that day all the sinful reactions of his past life would be finished and his fortunate human form of life would be successful
- He (Carvaka) also maintained that one should not be afraid of death, the next life, the past life or an impious life because after the body is burnt to ashes, everything is finished
- He (the conditioned soul) is suffering in the present life the results of sinful activities from his past life, and he is meanwhile creating further sufferings for his future life
- I always keep myself separate from the association of ordinary men because I am aware of the falldown in my past life. Being afraid of their bad, materialistic association, I wander alone unnoticed by others
- I think some of you like yourself, Satsvarupa, Brahmananda and Mukunda and Gargamuni, Acyutananda and all of you had already cultivated this Krishna Consciousness in your past lives
- In order to take birth in India one must have performed many pious activities in a past life
- In this life he (Bharata Maharaja) could also remember the activities of his past life, and in order to avoid the influence of society, he remained like a deaf and dumb person
- In this mellow of devotional service in ghastliness, the sub-ecstatic symptoms are spitting upon the consideration of one's past life, contorting the face, covering the nose and washing the hands
- In this world someone may become very highly elevated by taking birth in an aristocratic family, by being well educated, beautiful or very rich. These are the gifts for pious activities enacted in the past life
- In Yadu-vamsa Krsna ordered all the devotee demigods to "Go and take birth there to help Me." Similarly, you were born in Europe, America, to help this. Otherwise you were devotees in your past lives. I have explained that in my recent writings
- It is not easy for a common man to remember the activities of his past life, but Bharata Maharaja could remember his past activities due to his great sacrifices and engagement in devotional service
- King Anga was a very pious king in this life, but because of his previous sinful activity he could not get a son. It is concluded, therefore, that if a person does not get a son it is due to his past sinful life
- King Nrga said, "Such a person who remembers his past life is called jati-smara. In modern times also there are instances of small children recalling many details of their past lives"
- Krishna Consciousness is so nice that anyone who has a little taste of it must feel a distinction between his past and present life
- Krsna said, Having held the impersonal point of view in their past lives, they have been put into this stationary condition of life, but now they have the opportunity of seeing You in Vrndavana
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "Different grades of material happiness and distress, comforts and disadvantages of life, are different results of different kinds of activities, from either the past or present life"
- Maharaja Bharata, despite a life of severe penances, thought of a stag at the time of his death and thus became a stag after death. However, he did retain a clear consciousness of his past life and realized his mistake
- My dear gopis, fully consider how many pious activities this flute performed in his past life. We do not know what places of pilgrimage he visited, what austerities he performed, or what perfect mantra he chanted
- My dear heroic King, due to my past sincere service to the Lord, I could remember everything of my past life even while in the body of a deer
- One should not think that he is freed from reaction because he has forgotten the actions of his past life
- One who is in complete darkness cannot know what his past life was or what his next life will be; he is simply interested in his present body
- One who was pious in his past life or in this life, they can be benefited, nice education also. And sri, and beauty. These are the results of pious activities. And just the opposite is due to impious activities
- Sense enjoyment is also allowed to the lower animals by the law of nature, and thus a human being is also destined to a certain amount of sense enjoyment according to his past or present life
- So this civilization, modern civilization, is just like madman civilization. They have no knowledge of past life, neither they are interested in the future life
- Sometimes we dream of coming to a place we have never known or experienced in this lifetime, but this is proof that in a past life we experienced this
- Srila Rupa Gosvami says that the distresses from sinful activities are due both to the sins themselves and to sins committed in our past lives
- Still there is a science, Bhrgu-samhita, which will give you prediction of your next birth. Still there is science, Bhrgu-samhita. He'll give you description of three lives: your past life, present life and future life. Bhrgu-samhita
- Such an idea is not accepted in any part of the Vedic literature. It is a fact that by chanting the holy name of the Lord one becomes washed clean of all sinful activities from his past life
- Sucinam srimatam gehe, in very rich family and very pure family. Sucinam means pure, brahmana. So in India still, if one is born in a very nice, rich and pure family, he is considered to be very pious in his past life
- Taking birth in the family of a brahmana is certainly due to pious activities in one's past life
- The Christian religionists, they do not believe in the next birth, transmigration of the soul, something like that. So they do not believe also in the fruitive activities' resultant action of our past life
- The conclusion is that the mind is the storehouse of various thoughts and experiences undergone during our past lives
- The conclusion is that the mind is the storehouse of various thoughts and experiences undergone during our past lives. Thus there is a chain of continuation from one life to another
- The conditioned soul's vision is covered by material contamination; therefore he cannot see the cause of his actions, and he cannot see his past lives
- The identity is there, and as soon as there is another creation by the supreme will of the Lord, all the sleeping, inactive living beings are again let loose to begin their activities in the continuation of past different spheres of life
- The living entity forgets everything of his past life, but he has to act according to the direction of the Supreme Lord, who is witness to all his work
- The living entity, as partial consciousness, forgets incidents of his past life, but the Superconsciousness reminds him how to act in terms of his past cultivation of knowledge
- The mind contains hundreds and thousands of impressions, not only of this life but also of many, many lives of the past. These impressions sometimes come in contact with one another and produce contradictory pictures
- The mind is the index of information about one's past and future lives. If a man is a devotee of the Lord, he cultivated devotional service in his previous life
- The Nagapatnis said, "We are very much astonished to see how You (Krsna) have become so much pleased with this serpent (Kaliya), who evidently performed various religious activities in his past lives that pleased everyone"
- The nature of the individual soul is forgetfulness, but the presence of the Lord within the heart reminds him of what he wanted to do in his past life. The intelligence of the individual soul is exhibited like fire in wood
- There is a statement by Yamunacarya to this effect: "Since I have begun to enjoy these transcendental exchanges of love, which are always newer and newer, whenever I remember the pleasure of past sex life, my lips curl and I wish to spit on the idea"
- There is even a book, called Bhrgu-samhita, which reveals information about one's past, present and future lives according to astrological calculations
- We cannot remember what was, what I was in my past life. Neither I know what I am going to be in the next life. But there is. I was in the past, I am in the present, and I shall remain in the future. That is my position
- We forget everything of our past life and as such so long we do not be reposed to our spiritual factual life, all these changes of lives one after another are considered to be dreams
- We have seen that in spite of the very black record of their past lives, persons who take to Krsna consciousness become perfectly cleansed of all dirty things and make spiritual progress very swiftly
- We living entities, why we forget? It is a fact that from my past life I have transmigrated to this body. Now I cannot say in my past life what was my body. This is my nature because I change my body
- Whether one is a ksatriya, vaisya or brahmana, everyone is recommended to take sannyasa at the end of life, to engage himself completely in the service of the Lord and thus become freed from all sinful reactions of his past life
- Why these animals are being slaughtered? There is some nature's law. They were murderer or slaughterer in their past life as human being
- Why these animals are being slaughtered? There is some nature's law. They were murderer or slaughterer in their past life as human being. Now they have assumed, they have accepted a body to be slaughtered by the laws of nature