This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Nothing But"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- Death is nothing but sleeping for seven months. That's all
- Milk is nothing but blood of cow. But we know the art, how to drink the blood of cow without killing. That is civilization
- Narayana Pandita, the fourteenth branch, a great and liberal devotee, did not know any shelter but Lord Caitanya's lotus feet
- A devotee said, "He is the supreme Param-brahma in His eternal transcendental form of a cloudy blackish complexion. Now I shall give up my affection for my material body, which is nothing but a bunch of flesh and blood"
- A false acarya may try to override a Vaisnava by a high-court decision, but Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that he is nothing but a disciple of Kali-yuga
- A man without religion is nothing but an animal and being every man is irreligious, therefore, the whole human society is certainly animalistic
- A sannyasi should avoid carrying anything but a danda and kamandalu
- A system of human civilization that does not promote varna and asrama is nothing but a polished animal society. Indulgence in sex life by a man or woman living single is never acceptable in human society
- Actually, the intelligent practitioner of yoga should aspire for nothing else but to cross over the ocean of nescience by worshiping the Personality of Godhead and to see the lotus feet of the Lord
- All over the civilized world we find some process or form of religion - when man is devoid of any such religion or of transcendental traits, he is nothing but a beast
- All that is manifested in the material world is the product of the mahat-tattva-avyakta, and things that are visible in our material vision are nothing but combinations and permutations of such variegated material products
- Almost all the leaders of the people have popularized various modes of religiosity that have to do only with the material body and mind. But very few of them know that the body and mind are nothing but the outward coat and shirt
- Although a devotee of Krsna may fall down somehow or other, he does not undergo material existence like others because a person who has once relished the taste of the lotus feet of the Lord can do nothing but remember that ecstasy again and again
- Although it was a somewhat childish determination because Dhruva Maharaja was nothing but a small child, Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is so kind and merciful that He fulfilled Dhruva's desire
- Although people declare themselves great scientists, economists, philosophers, politicians and sociologists, they are actually nothing but rascals
- An intelligent person possessing one million dollars in currency notes does not hold the money without using it, even though he knows perfectly well that the currency notes in themselves are nothing but paper
- As a sannyasi, Krsna Caitanya put on nothing but a kaupina and a bahirvasa (outer covering). His head was without hair, and His hands bore a danda (stick) and a kamandalu (hermit's waterpot)
- As long as a living entity is not self-realized - as long as he is not independent of the misconception of identifying with his body, which is nothing but a reflection of the original body and senses - he cannot be relieved of the conception of duality
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, Seventh Chapter, there are two kinds of devotees - those who desire material pleasures and those who desire nothing but service to the Lord
- Because I know, I experienced in my last April, May, June, so similarly, this intuition is nothing but experience of my last life. That is called intuition. The rascals, they say that there is no experience
- Both cause and effect are nothing but energies of the Lord. Therefore, O my Lord, just as a wise man, by considering cause and effect, can see how fire pervades wood, those engaged in devotional service understand how You are both the cause and effect
- Brahma created even the sacrificial ingredients out of the bodily limbs of the Garbhodakasayi Visnu, which means that the cosmic order was created by Brahma himself. Nothing is created out of nothing, but everything is created from the person of the Lord
- Brahma prayed to the Lord because He is very much dear to the surrendered soul. The surrendered soul knows nothing but the Lord, and therefore the Lord is very affectionate towards him
- Brahma said, "Actually, when one mistakes a rope for a snake, the existence of the snake is only within the mind. The existence of maya, similarly, is only within the mind. Maya is nothing but ignorance of Your personality"
- Brahma said, "As it is described in Brahma-samhita, the brahmajyoti is nothing but Your personal bodily effulgence. There are many Visnu incarnations & incarnations of Your different qualities, but all those incarnations are not on the same level"
- Brahma, it is I, the Personality of Godhead, who was existing before the creation, when there was nothing but Myself. Nor was there the material nature, the cause of this creation
- By advanced knowledge in spiritual realization, the transcendentalist knows that this beautiful material world is nothing but a shadowy reflection of the reality the kingdom of God. They are not much captivated by royal opulence or anything like that
- By higher understanding one can know that the material body is nothing but a combination of the five material elements
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Conchshells and cow dung are nothing but the bones and the stool of some living entities, but according to the Vedic version they are both considered very pure"
- Considering these points (because of His (Balarama's) position as an incarnation, the reestablishment of religious principles was His prime duty), He killed Romaharsana Suta simply by striking him with a kusa straw, which was nothing but a blade of grass
- Death is nothing but sleeping for a few months in order to develop another term of bodily encagement, which we are awarded by the law of nature according to our aspiration
- Death is nothing but to remain practically unconscious for seven months. That's all. This body is left, and we enter into a particular womb of mother, and just to develop another body it takes about seven months
- Flowers, waterfalls, trees, fruits, hills, caves, birds, beasts, and human beings are nothing but combinations of God's energy
- Foolish creatures do not know that they are nothing but play dolls in the hands of material nature
- For the Lord there is nothing but spiritual existence, and similarly there is nothing except spiritual existence for the pure devotee of the Lord in his intimate relation with the Lord
- For those who are realized souls there is nothing but spirit
- He (Duryodhana) desired that Vidura be immediately put out of the palace and deprived of all his possessions. If possible, he would have liked him caned until he was left with nothing but his breath
- His (one's who is conditioned by material existence) happiness is nothing but a hard struggle to get free from the miseries of conditional life
- How many common men have written their autobiographies, and how enthusiastically we have read and accepted them. But when the Personality of Godhead Himself tells about Himself, we cannot take it as it is. This is nothing but our misfortune
- I am so much fallen, how I can associate with Krsna? So that is isa-sangat. Isa is absolute. Everything has emanated from Isa, God. So in that way everything is Isa. There is nothing but Isa, but we haven't got the eyes to see
- If one has no information about the Lord and His abode, one tries to be elevated only to a higher material position, but when one concludes that in this material world there is nothing but repeated birth and death, he tries to return back to Godhead
- If we do not perform our duties in this manner, for the satisfaction of Visnu, then certainly all and any work done by us will produce nothing but poisonous material results, and ultimately there will be disaster in the world
- In the developed stage of consciousness, the human being can study both physiological and physical science, but the basic principles of such sciences are nothing but the material elements and nothing more
- In the Mandukya Upanisad it is said that when omkara is chanted, one attains perfect spiritual vision. In other words, in spiritual vision, or the spiritual world, there is nothing but omkara
- In the Vedic literature you will find that God has expanded Himself into many, just like the father expands himself into many children. The children is nothing but expansions of the body of the father
- Indra further declared, "These cowherd men in Vrndavana have neglected my authority on the advice of this talkative boy who is known as Krsna. He is nothing but a child, and by believing this child, they have enraged me"
- Indra said, "They (the inhabitants of Vrindavana) are simply inhabitants of the forest, but being infatuated with their friend Krsna, who is nothing but an ordinary human being, they have dared to defy the demigods"
- It is equally evident that our objects of perception are nothing but the products of the inexhaustible permutations and combinations of the forms taken by natural energy
- It is in the polluted state that the conception of non-Krsna comes. In the pure state, however, there is nothing but Krsna consciousness
- King Anga (father of King Vena) said: Who, if he is considerate and intelligent, would desire such a worthless son (a sinful son)? Such a son is nothing but a bond of illusion for the living entity, and he makes one's home miserable
- Krsna said, "In the same way, the body of a living being is nothing but a composition of the five elements, and the living entity embodied in the material condition is also part and parcel of Me"
- Materialists who have no knowledge of devotional service. They may be very religious and may work very systematically or perform austerities and penances, but if they blaspheme the Supreme Personality of Godhead they are nothing but rogues
- Milk is nothing but transformation of the blood. So instead of taking the blood, take the transformation and live nicely, like honest gentlemen. No. They are not even gentlemen. Rogues, uncivilized
- My dear highly glorified Lord, if one, in the association of pure devotees, hears even once the glories of Your activities, he does not, unless he is nothing but an animal, give up the association of devotees
- My dear Lord, You attract all the women of the universe, and You make adjustments for all of them when they appear. You are Lord Krsna, and You can enchant everyone, but on the whole, You are nothing but a debauchee. Who can honor You
- One may profess a high philosophy, but when one is in need of money, he becomes a cheater. In this material world, so-called scientists, philosophers and economists are nothing but cheaters in one way or another
- One should know that the association of society, friendship, love, nationalism, and so on are nothing but creations of maya. One's only business is to become Krsna conscious and render service unto Krsna as extensively as possible for a living being
- One should not be attracted by the breasts of young women. The great saint Sankaracarya has described the breasts of women, especially young women, as nothing but a combination of muscles and blood
- One who has knowledge of the soul and how the soul transmigrates from one body to another does not pay attention to the body, which is nothing but a covering dress
- One who has the shape of a human being but whose actions are nothing but those of an animal is called nara-pasu or dvipada-pasu, a two-legged animal
- One who is serious in advancing his spiritual life should be very cautious not to become attached to anything but Krsna
- Paradoxically, although Your flute is nothing but dry wood, Your lips constantly make it drink their nectar. They create a mind and senses in the dry wooden flute and give it transcendental bliss
- Prabuddha tells Maharaj Nimi, "My dear King, please know for certain that in the material world there is no happiness. It is simply a mistake to think that there is happiness here, because this place is full of nothing but miserable conditions"
- Praising a man by saying that if he were educated he might have become a great scholar or great personality is nothing but a process of cheating. A foolish person who agrees to accept such praise does not know that such words simply insult him
- Princes said, "We have our elephants, horses, chariots, bows, arrows and swords, so why should we be afraid of Krsna? Let us attack Him! He is nothing but a lusty cowherd boy! He cannot take away the Princess in this way! Let us all attack Him!"
- Since Brahma and the other creators are nothing but small portions of a portion of You, their partial power to create does not make them God (isvara). Their consciousness of themselves as separate Lords is therefore merely false prestige. It is not valid
- Since we belong to this chain of disciplic succession from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, this edition of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta will contain nothing newly manufactured by our tiny brains, but only remnants of food originally eaten by the Lord Himself
- So-called love within this material world is nothing but sexual satisfaction
- Sripada Sankaracarya has warned the transcendentalists that one who is after transcendental realization should not be attracted by the raised breasts of a woman because they are nothing but an interaction of fat and blood within the body
- The air on which the universes and the planets within the universes exist is nothing but a bit of the breath of the unchallengeable virat-purusa
- The body is an effect of a cause, namely the five material elements (earth, water, fire, air and sky). In other words, one should know perfectly well that the material body is nothing but a combination of the five elements
- The body is nothing but the combination of the five gross elements - namely earth, water, fire, air and ether. Whenever there is a body, it appears that such elements are newly created, but actually the elements are always existing outside of the body
- The cause for which they work, the place where they work, the time when they work, the matter due to which they work, the goal of life they have considered final, and the process for obtaining this goal - all are nothing but manifestations of Your energy
- The cloud is nothing but another creation of sun. But when the cloud comes, sun is invisible. Similarly this condition, forgetfulness, is my creation and when I am covered by this forgetfulness I become stones and atoms, like that
- The confidential teachings of the Bhagavad-gita are meant for nothing but attaining the highest perfection of human life - the transcendental service of Sri Krsna
- The difference (between Lord Siva and Lord Visnu) is like that between milk and curd. Curd is nothing but milk, and yet it cannot be used in place of milk
- The entire cosmic manifestation has emerged from water, and it is because of water that all living entities endure, live and develop. This water is nothing but the semen of the SPG. Therefore, may the SPG, who has such great potency, be pleased with us
- The fact is that there is nothing but God within and without. Everything is a manifestation of His different energies, like the heat and light emanating from a fire, and in this way there is a oneness among His diverse energies
- The flower garland of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is fresh. Actually, in Vaikuntha, or the spiritual sky, there is nothing but freshness. Even the flowers picked from the trees and plants remain fresh
- The glowing effulgence known as brahma-tejas is nothing but the rays of the Lord (Krsna), just as the sun rays are rays of the sun disc. So this Brahma weapon also, although materially irresistible, could not surpass the supreme strength of the Lord
- The gopis said, "Now Radharani must be lamenting for Him, 'My dear lover, My dearest, You (Krsna) are so fine & so powerful. Where have You gone? I am nothing but Your most obedient maidservant. I am very much aggrieved. Please come & be with Me again'
- The great sage Narada Muni turned toward another topic - the history of King Puranjana. This is nothing but the history of King Pracinabarhisat told in a different way. In other words, this is an allegorical presentation
- The great saint Sankaracarya has described the breasts of women, especially young women, as nothing but a combination of muscles and blood
- The hippies are nothing but a group of madmen, that's all
- The human form of body are 400,000. Out of many bodies that live in jungle, they have also no technology, no education, no systematic government, nothing - but they are also eating
- The kings used to spend lavishly during such sacrifices (horse sacrifices), as a cloud distributes rains. A cloud is nothing but another form of water, or, in other words, the waters of the earth transform into clouds
- The living entities are nothing but very small portions of the supreme spirit, like sparks of a fire. Because they are part of the Supreme, they have a creative quality in a very minute quantity
- The material world is nothing but...
- The materialistic way of life is nothing but the repeated chewing of that which has already been chewed. Although there is no profit in such a life, people are enamored of it because of uncontrolled senses
- The Mayavadi sannyasis sometimes fall down from the path of self-realization and again enter into material activities of a philanthropic and altruistic nature, which are nothing but material engagements
- The messenger said, "We have now come to the real conclusion of our lives. Our kingly positions were nothing but the reward of our past pious activities, just as our suffering imprisonment by Jarasandha is the result of our past impious activities"
- The preliminary instruction in the Bhagavad-gita is that one should know that the identity of the individual living entity is not lost even after the end of this present body, which is nothing but an outward dress only
- The relationship between husband and wife in any society, whether higher or lower than human society, is nothing but the same relationship between he-goat and she-goat, for the material relationship between man and woman is one of sex
- The relative world is His (God's) phenomenal representation because it is nothing but an expansion of His transcendental energy. Although He is in His abode His energy is distributed everywhere, just as the sun is localized as well as expanded everywhere
- The universe is nothing but the external potency of the Lord
- The Vedic version that the whole cosmic creation is nothing but Brahman means that since everything is emanating from the Supreme Brahman, nothing is apart from Him
- The whole material creation is a jugglery of names only; in fact, it is nothing but a bewildering creation of matter like earth, water and fire
- There is nothing but the Lord, and still the Lord is different from all such manifestive activities. How it is so will be explained later on
- There the great sage concentrated his mind by the yogic breathing exercises, and thereby controlling all attachment, he remained standing on one leg only, eating nothing but air, and stood there on one leg for one hundred years
- This Brahman effulgence is nothing but Krsna's bodily effulgence, just like this effulgence of sun
- This flute is nothing but a dry stick of bamboo, but it becomes our master and insults us in so many ways that it forces us into a predicament
- This is most crude idea of civilization, nationalism. This is tribalized. It is nothing but development of just tribalism. And eating also the same. They are not advanced in civilization. This nationalism is another form of tribalism, that's all
- This particular universe may appear as a very gigantic body, but it is nothing but the measurement of seven spans for Lord Brahma. Aside from this universe, there are unlimited other universes which are outside the jurisdiction of this particular Brahma
- Those (human beings) who do not offer their food to the Lord eat nothing but sin and subject themselves to various types of distress, which are the results of sin
- Very few leaders know that the body and mind are nothing but the outward coat and shirt of the soul proper. Simply by taking care of the outward coat and shirt, one cannot do any good for the real self, the soul proper
- Vidura, therefore, could see nothing but Krsna in the different arca forms (because they are nondifferent from Krsna), and ultimately he was able to realize Krsna alone and nothing else
- We are teaching nothing, but training them how to love God, how they can sacrifice everything for God. So that is religion
- We do not find any reason for you to be morose and full of anxiety. As for Prahlada, he is nothing but a child and cannot be a cause of anxiety. After all, his bad or good qualities have no value
- What goes on under the name of love in the material world is nothing but lust. There is a gulf of difference between love and lust, like the difference between gold and iron
- What is blood? It is also water, red water. The urine, this is also water. And this bone, bone is nothing but earth hardened
- What is this milk? Milk is nothing but the blood. So civilization means let the cow live, and you take the milk, which is nothing but blood
- When one is Krsna conscious, he can realize that material existence, whether one is awake or dreaming, is nothing but a dream and has no factual value
- When you forget Krsna, or God, and if we think there is something else than Krsna, then we are afraid. And those who are convinced and realized souls that there is nothing but Krsna, where is the cause of fearfulness?
- Without the spirit, the body is nothing but lump of matter. The spirit is there, the matter is there, but we are so dull, we do not understand what is that spirit. That is the difficulty of the modern society