Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
note | noted | notes | noteworthy| notebook| notebooks
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Note"
The following 132 pages are in this category, out of 132 total.
- All the activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were noted by His personal secretary Svarupa Damodara and repeated to Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, who memorized them
- Although this material world may be false, just like the paper, it has its proper beneficial utilization. Because the currency notes, although paper, are issued by the government, they have full value
- An intelligent person possessing one million dollars in currency notes does not hold the money without using it, even though he knows perfectly well that the currency notes in themselves are nothing but paper
- An ordinary grhastha, or... Grhastha only, If he talks with woman nobody will blame. He is grhastha. But if a sannyasi talks with woman very intimately, oh, immediately people will take note of it
- Brahma's soul was manifested as the touch alphabets, his body as the vowels, his senses as the sibilant alphabets, his strength as the intermediate alphabets and his sensual activities as the seven notes of music
- Bumblebees and birds like the parrot and cuckoo all began to sing loudly on the fifth note, and the peacocks began to dance in front of the Lord
- By seeing and hearing the notes recorded by these two great personalities, a Vaisnava, a devotee of the Lord, can know these pastimes one after another
- Having taken note of all the disaster and corruption wreaked by the demons, it is the moral responsibility of every citizen in the world to learn and teach the science of Krsna consciousness
- His later pastimes (the madhya-lila and antya-lila) were recorded in the form of notes by His secretary, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, and thus kept within a book
- I am in due receipt of your short note which was hand-delivered to me by Dr. Wolf. I won't have the opportunity to visit Atlanta on this tour, however, I shall be in New York from July 9th - July 20th. You can see me in New York if it is possible for you
- I am in receipt of your note and gift of one ring. Just now I am wearing it. Because you have sincerely offered, I must accept on behalf of my Guru Maharaja although I am not worthy
- I am so glad that Dayananda is doing everything so nicely. He is intelligent, responsible boy, and whatever you do conjointly, it has my approval. You may note it
- I am very much pleased to hear that Mexico City center is developing very nicely under your expert supervision, and I also note that you say that Latin America is very much ready for Krishna Consciousness movement
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of your Bengali letter dated 5 February 1976. I have noted the contents therein and I wish to invite you to come and stay here in Mayapur
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of your note with the enclosed donation of $15 for my book fund. Thank you very much for this
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of your pictures and note and it has so much engladdened me that I must admit that there is a little fraction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's merciful glance upon you
- I beg to thank you very much for your note along with the paperback cover of the Bhagavad-gita as it is. And I have very much appreciated the whole thing. The design and the painting and everything
- I have already sent you one note about Pradyumna's hospital bill, & as soon as I hear from you, I shall arrange to send you $500 from my personal book fund. I am told by some of my students here that it is very easy to pay the bills by small installment
- I have already written you one letter of thanks for your taking care of the Vrindaban temple. I note that you are reducing the expenses, but why did the Treasurer leave? Even if you restricted the spending, then why did he leave?
- I have also noted that you are going to spread this mission of Lord Chaitanya to South America and factually this is our last unconquered continent and I think there is great potential there
- I have given a note of direction to Hayagriva for writing a Drama on Lord Caitanya and if he can deliver us a nice Drama for staging in your different parts of the State it will be a great stride for our mission
- I have heard from the mouth of Raghunatha dasa Gosvami all that Svarupa Damodara Gosvami recorded in his notes about the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I have looked over the blueprint and noted a few points to be corrected, so I am sending back the blueprint to you for seeing the necessary changes as they are in the text
- I have noted that in July there were so many deposits. Why in August, September there were not so many deposits? Please explain
- I have noted that you also have the aptitude for Bengali language, so you can learn this nicely and then you will be able to preach in Bengal in the native language. It would be very effective. Also, you can chant the Gita-Gan in Bengali
- I have noted that you are going to send the mrdangas more carefully
- I have noted that you have said about there being new law that licensee is tenant or owner. I do not know what to do on this, but the fact is that we are the proprietor
- I have noted the contents with great pleasure and relief, because my special interest is in Mayapur, that we shall make it especially to glorify Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the best manner of programs.
- I have noted your problems. My suggestion is that you please chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna. This maha mantra cleanses the dust from the mirror of the mind and awakens us to a pure life of devotional service to the Lord, free from all anxieties
- I have noted your scheme for a greater Sankirtana party in Germany. Your ambition will certainly be fulfilled, but wait till Krishna gives you the adequate chance. You require more men and wait till that time
- I have received a note from Advaita Brahmacari reading as follows, "Everything is going very well in New York. I am so fortunate to have such sincere God-brothers like Rayarama, Brahmananda, and Rupanuga to help guide me in Your absence"
- I have received the color proofs for the books and have noted that it is not as good as the foreign printing. It is missing the luster, but it is not bad
- I have received your note along with the folio of drawings for the proposed “Bhagavad-gita Coloring Book”. I can see from this work that you are a talented artist. However, I do not think we can publish this book
- I have sent two tapes to Satsvarupa with a note to Jadurani. Please ask them to take care of them and do the needful
- I have tried to preach the pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's meeting with Ramananda Raya in accordance with the notebooks of Sri Svarupa Damodara
- I note that you are ready to accommodate Srila Prabhupad in his come there. In the meantime what about this road that is being constructed?
- I note that your wife and Visalaini both gave birth to baby girls. That is the defect. I want male children but you have no stamina for it. I expected from Visalaini by her belly that it would be a boy. Anyway, never mind
- I submitted a note of purpose in which it was stated that the money was meant for purchasing books and securing a small piece of land. You may find out this note in our file
- I thank you for your having selected me for being listed in this noteworthy publication. I look forward to receiving the completed biography before publication
- I thank you very much for the Istagosthi notes, and also your nice letter of Feb. 14, 1968. I have read them over, and the question which was asked about why people did not see Krishna as blue, question no. 5; you can't see Krishna with material eyes
- I think that that place will be most important preaching centre for India, because I have noted that you are all so much eager and enthusiastic to serve Krishna
- If someone gives you one piece of paper, "Yes, it is $10 note," then are you not cheated? You must know what is $10 note. Otherwise you'll be satisfied with a paper, piece of paper. That's all. If you do not know God, then how you can see God?
- If you do little thing for the service of the Lord, it is noted in the notebook of Krsna. Don't think that your labor is going in vain
- If you do little thing for the service of the Lord, it is noted in the notebook of Krsna. Don't think that your labor is going in vain. Everything, whatever you do sincerely, that is noted
- In every item we can note with profit that the sense organs of the living entity are never independent at any stage
- In explaining this verse it should be noted that spiritual knowledge means understanding the self and the supersoul, or superself
- In Kali-yuga, however, the king or government has no well-protected treasury, and the only means of circulation is currency notes made of paper. Thus in times of distress the government artificially inflates the currency by simply printing papers
- In Kali-yuga, the king or government has no well-protected treasury, and the only means of circulation is currency notes made of paper
- In the next issue of "Back to Godhead" you should put one note of thanks to Mr. Alexander Kulik of Laguna Beach California. This boy has kindly paid BBT Dollars 25,000.00 for publication of books
- In this regard we may note that the creation does not take place accidentally, because of the explosion of a chunk. Such nonsensical theories are not accepted by Vedic students
- Instruction is read one or two books thoroughly, but don't show yourself a scholar and simply note down, "I have read this." That's all. This is foolishness
- Intelligent living entities generally take note of these reminders and engage themselves in the culture of vidya, or transcendental knowledge
- It is alright to go ahead with the printing of this second chapter. I have approved all the questionable points noted by Pradyumna, so it is alright
- It is noteworthy that Krsna sometimes removes all of a rich man's opulences in order to facilitate his becoming a soul surrendered to Him. This is a special favor of the Lord's
- It is the duty of a transcendentalist to help persons who desire real salvation and to support the cause of salvation. One might note that Sukadeva Gosvami never met Maharaja Pariksit while he was ruling as a great king
- It is to be noted here that the mystery of bhakti-yoga was disclosed to Brahmaji by the Lord Himself. Brahmaji explained the same mystery to Narada, Narada explained it to Vyasa
- It is to be noted that the natural characteristic of the gopis is to love the Supreme Lord. Their lusty desire is not to be compared to material lust
- It may be noted that by dispatching his younger brothers to conquer in different directions, King Yudhisthira did not actually intend that they declare war upon the kings
- It may be noted that in India, especially in Visnu temples, the system is that apart from the big Deity who is permanently situated in the main area of the temple, there is another set of smaller Deities which are taken in procession in the evening
- It should be noted also that while Suniti was going to Vaikunthaloka she also changed her body into spiritual form. Like Sri Suniti, every mother should train her child to become a devotee like Dhruva Maharaja
- It should be noted in this connection that when Krsna entered into the wives' hearts & when they embraced Him & felt the transcendental bliss of being merged with Him, the Supreme Lord did not lose His identity, nor did the individual wives lose theirs
- It should be noted that a class of so-called devotees (known as prakrta-sahajiya) follow their own concocted ideas and, representing themselves as Krsna and Radha, indulge in debauchery. Such devotional service and attachment are false
- It should be noted that a grhastha (householder) must not make his livelihood by begging from anyone
- It should be noted that progressive development along the transcendental mystic path is not totally identical with ordinary material progress. In the material world one has to pass through a certain stage of development before one can be admitted
- It should be noted that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never acknowledged the stereotyped caste system by birthright; rather, He strictly followed the verdict of the sastras in the matter of one's svarupa, or real identity
- Krsna addressed Jarasandha as follows: "My dear King, please note that we are not actually brahmanas, nor have we come to ask for food or grain. We are all ksatriyas, & we have come to beg a duel with you. We hope that you will agree to this proposal."
- Krsna addressed Jarasandha as follows: "You may note that here is the second son of King Pandu, Bhimasena, and the third son of Pandu, Arjuna. As for Myself, you may know that I am your old enemy Krsna, the cousin of the Pandavas"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) may note also that My devotees are not very opulent; they also are very poor in worldly goods. Persons who are very rich, possessing worldly wealth, are not interested in devotion to Me, or Krsna consciousness"
- Krsna is noting down that "This soul is very much fond of fresh blood and raw meat. All right. You take the body of a tiger. Yes. This soul feels pleasure being naked. All right, you take the body of a tree. You stand up naked for ten thousand years"
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami never claims to have written this transcendental literature by carrying out research work. He simply admits his indebtedness to the notes taken by Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and other authoritative persons
- Mayavadis refuse to accept the form of the Lord, or they say that the form of the Lord is maya, or false, but one should note very carefully that this is not acceptable
- Murari Gupta, a physician and close associate of Sri Krsna Caitanya's, recorded extensive notes on the first twenty-four years of His life, culminating in His initiation into the renounced order, sannyasa
- On his way to Gauda-desa, Rupa Gosvami had been thinking of how to write the action of the drama. Thus he had made some notes and begun to write
- One should also note that all the forms of Krsna are fully transcendental, blissful, full of knowledge and eternal. Such personalities of Godhead are omnipotent and omniscient, and they possess all transcendental qualities
- One should note very carefully that one who is not active in Krsna consciousness is losing himself in the material whirlpool, in the ocean of birth and death
- One should take serious note of this incident (Brahma was sexually inclined to his own daughter). The human being is a social animal, and his unrestricted mixing with the fair sex leads to downfall
- One who can remember everything perpetually is called a sruti-dhara. A sruti-dhara brahmacari can repeat verbatim all that he has heard, without notes and without reference to books
- Please note it carefully that you cannot leave Krishna Consciousness. That is a fact. And even if you want to leave, Krishna will not leave you. That is also a fact
- Please note that every farthing of this money will be employed in the service of the Lord, and the Lord is so kind and grateful that He will bestow upon you benediction at least ten times more than that you have done for Him
- Prthu says to his subjects, "My dear citizens, please note that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is actually the deliverer of all fallen conditioned souls"
- Radharani said, "It is very pleasant, but still I would like to go to the bank of the Yamuna beneath the trees of the forest there. I wish to hear the vibration of His sweet flute playing the fifth note within that forest of Vrndavana"
- Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, they have all accepted Krsna: the ultimate knowledge of Vedic understanding. Many acaryas, they have written notes on Vedanta, targeting Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Regarding your enemy, Mr. Lust: I have noted the difficulties, but we should always remember that Krishna is stronger than any demon, and Mr. Lust, or his father or his grandfather, nobody can do anything provided we take shelter of Krishna very tightly
- Regarding your proposal of a Rathayatra festival as Bhaktivinode Thakura suggested, you may kindly send me a note telling in which book the above statement is there. I shall be very glad to see the article you have written in this connection
- Sanatana Gosvami noted from Balabhadra Bhattacarya all the villages, rivers and hills where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had performed His pastimes
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Will You (Krsna and Balarama) kindly note that just near this place there is a big forest of the name Talavana? This forest is full of palm trees, and all the trees are filled with fruits"
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also notes that no one can describe Krsna in fullness. Whatever descriptions we find in Srimad-Bhagavatam are partial explanations of Krsna
- Such foolish people may here take note that although this marriage of Krsna and Rukmini took place more than five thousand years ago, there were arrangements for temple worship
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvama and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami witnessed Caitanya Mahaprabhu's activities firsthand and recorded them in two notebooks
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Raghunatha dasa Gosvami recorded all these transcendental activities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in their notebooks
- Svarupa Damodara wrote short notes, whereas Raghunatha dasa Gosvami wrote elaborate descriptions. I shall now describe Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's activities more elaborately, as if fluffing out compressed cotton
- That note established Advaita Acarya as an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The forbidden time for sexual intercourse would be noted by Lord Siva, and Diti would meet with proper punishment by giving birth to a child of ghostly character or a godless impersonalist. Kasyapa foresaw this, and thus he warned his wife Diti
- The intelligent class of human being must take a serious note of this opportunity (the human form of life). Not all human beings are intelligent, so the importance of human life is not always understood
- The less intelligent men who are always busy worshiping the demigods should note that when the demigods are harassed by the demons, they approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead for relief
- The most important thing to be noted is that there may be many liberated persons who might have merged into the existence of the impersonal Brahman, but a devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, is very, very rare
- The musical notes (in Sanskrit) are sa, r, ga, ma, dha, and ni. All these sound vibrations are originally called sabda-brahma, or spiritual sound
- The note also mentioned that Advaita Acarya had recently incurred a debt of about three hundred rupees that Kamalakanta Visvasa wanted to liquidate
- The notes kept by Sri Svarupa Damodara and Murari Gupta are the basis of this book. Following those notes, I write of all the pastimes of the Lord. The notes have been described elaborately by Vrndavana dasa Thakura
- The particular thing to be noted is that the Personality of Godhead is not understood by great liberated persons, but only by devotees such as Queen Kunti in her humbleness
- The price of commodities becomes artificially inflated because of bad money, or artificial currency notes. Bad money drives away good money
- The seven musical notes-sa, r, ga, ma, pa, dha and ni-are used in musical instruments, but originally they come from the Sama Veda
- The tree of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu intoxicates the entire world. It should be noted that this is a figurative example meant to explain the mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- There is a notebook of Govinda dasa's containing a chronological order and references to geographical positions. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura requests the readers to refer to that book
- We actually do not want anyone to live there who is not a devotee. Note this policy and do the needful
- We don't want men giving some quotation from a book just like these so-called scholars do. He has not gone through the book, but take some suitable passage and note, and then he advertises himself that he has studied so many book
- We should further note in this verse the two words santam and anandam, which denote that devotional service of the Lord can really bestow upon the devotee two important benedictions, namely peace and satisfaction
- We should note it, that so-called love is bogus in this material world. Love cannot be possible
- We should note with profit that in the first three chapters of the Second Canto a gradual process of development of devotional service is being presented
- We should note, however, that when a devotee falls into a miserable condition in this way, it is not due to past impious activities, known as karma-phala; the poverty of the devotee is a creation of the Personality of Godhead
- We work where there is a good field. Do it nicely. You have noted that is the secret of success. Please continue this policy of straight forward dealings
- Whatever happened during those years that is worth noting shall be described later
- Whatever thoughts are coming, you note it. Keep it. We shall utilize it with reference, with reference to the sastra
- When Kamalakanta Visvasa was in Jagannatha Puri, he sent a note through someone to Maharaja Prataparudra
- When Nilambara Cakravarti saw those marks, he smilingly said, "Formerly I ascertained all this by astrological calculation and noted it in writing
- When one has one million dollars in currency notes, he is actually holding only a huge bunch of papers, but if he utilizes it for a purpose, then he benefits
- When Sanatana Gosvami received this note from Rupa Gosvami, he became very pleased. He immediately went to the jail superintendent, who was a meat-eater, and spoke as follows
- When teaching a course in grammar (vyakarana) and explaining it with notes, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught His disciples about the glories of Lord Krsna
- With great pleasure I note that although the Government of Kenya did not allow me to enter the state, my work was not hampered on account of my absence
- Without tapasya, nobody can approach Krishna. So preachers who boldly face all kinds of difficulties are considered to be under tapasya, and Krishna takes note of such tapasya of the devotee, and the devotee is recognized by Him
- You are noting down the mistakes and...? Noting down the mistakes, yes
- You can keep a note of my activities and can wait for writing book at suitable time
- You may note that when these regulative duties are performed, and the devotee becomes fully absorbed in Krsna activities, Krsna as Supersoul will dictate from within the answers to all questions and will give the needed intelligence to progress
- You should note it that this Ninth Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita is specially meant for the devotees, especially meant for the devotees, those who have accepted Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- You take the hundred note and you ask, "To whom this hundred dollar note belongs?" If you give him, that's a great service