"not wanted"|"without wanting"|"did not want"
Pages in category "Not Wanted"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- Almost all the sages go to the Himalayas for their personal benefit, but Prahlada Maharaja said that he did not want liberation alone. He decided to wait until he was able to deliver all the fallen souls of the world
- Although she (Queen Arci) did not want to touch her feet to the ground, she nonetheless accepted all difficulties when she went to the forest with her husband (King Prthu)
- Anartha means things which are not wanted. We are accustomed to so many things, rascal things, which is not at all wanted. But we have been accustomed. By bad association
- As a good, nonviolent man, Arjuna did not want to fight with his kinsmen, but when he understood that Krsna wanted the fight and had arranged it at Kuruksetra, he gave up his own satisfaction and fought for the satisfaction of the Lord
- As far as Maharaja Prthu was concerned, he had already practiced this process (the kundalini-cakra), and since he did not want to wait for the time when his death would occur naturally, he took advantage of the sat-cakra penetration process
- If the whole society performs its respective duties and remains in Krsna consciousness, there is no doubt that all of its members will live very peacefully and happily. Without wanting the necessities of life, the whole world will be turned into Vaikuntha
- It is said that Sukadeva Gosvami, on this consideration, remained for sixteen years within the womb of his mother; he did not want to be entangled in false bodily identification
- Lord Caitanya once revealed Himself to this confidential devotee, Kholaveca Sridhara, and offered him any opulence he liked. But Sridhara informed the Lord that he did not want any material opulence
- Lord Siva's disciples were always ready to sacrifice anything for Lord Siva. All of them could understand the desire of Siva, who did not want Sati to go alone
- Nirasih means desireless of extravagance. Now we are desiring for sense gratification more and more. That is not wanted. If you want perfection of life.... This is called tapasya
- Not wanting to detract from the mission of the Lord (Balarama) in killing Romaharsana Suta, all of them (the sages) prayed, "Our dear Lord, the uncommon use of Your kusa weapon to kill Romaharsana Suta may remain as it is"
- That one marriage is sufficient. She must remain very faithful to her husband, chaste. That is wanted. Not that "I do not like this husband. I'll change." That is not wanted
- The demigods, however, did not want Kamsa to be affectionate toward Devaki, and therefore, from an unseen position, they encouraged Kamsa to offend her
- The government doesn't want further development of Vrndavana. They are neglecting the city in such a way that no gentleman will go there. The old city is so... Formerly, it was planned that "So many pilgrims come here. It should be nicely developed"
- The great sages, headed by Saunaka and others, invited Yamaraja to attend the sacrifice performed at Naimisaranya. This was good for those who did not want to die
- The so-called Westernized scholars... Because the real purpose was that the rulers, they did not want to present Indian culture as very old, because then their Darwin's theory will be spoiled
- We should not eat more, nor less. And nirasih. Nirasih means desireless of extravagance. Now we are desiring for sense gratification more and more. That is not wanted
- When Lord Ramacandra, was the King of this world, all bodily and mental suffering, disease, old age, bereavement, lamentation, distress, fear and fatigue were completely absent. There was even no death for those who did not want it
- When Lord Rsabhadeva ruled this planet of Bharatavarsa, even common men did not want to ask for anything, at any time or by any means. No one ever asks for a will-o'-the-wisp
- Where is the question of independence? Whatever you do not want, it is being forced upon you. So where is your independence?