Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
nostril | nostrils
Pages in category "Nostrils"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- A similar statement is in the Agastya-samhita: Just to purify the impurities of our nostrils, we should try to smell the remnants of flowers offered to Krsna in the temple
- As a heavy wind sometimes disperses a mighty cloud, so the heavy breath from Lalita's nostrils caused her to miss Krsna, who had disappeared by the time she recovered herself
- He (Hayagriva) is the personified Vedas as well, and the Supersoul of all demigods. When He breathed, all the sweet sounds of the Vedic hymns came out of His nostrils
- Her (Putana's) fallen body extended up to twelve miles and smashed all the trees to pieces, and everyone was struck with wonder upon seeing this gigantic body. Her teeth appeared just like plows, and her nostrils appeared just like mountain caves
- Her (Radharani's) ears are always attracted to His sweet voice, Her nostrils are enchanted by His fragrance, and Her tongue hankers for the nectar of His soft lips
- His eyes in seeing the Deity of Lord Krsna in the temple, his body in embracing Vaisnavas or touching their lotus feet, his nostrils in smelling the aroma of the tulasi leaves offered to Krsna's lotus feet, his tongue in tasting food offered to Krsna
- It is stated in the Tantra-sastra, "If the smell of the garland which was offered to the Deity in the temple enters into the nostril of a person, immediately his bondage to sinful activities becomes cleared"
- It is stated that when Mother Yasoda saw that the child was moving, ringing the bells on His waist, smiling at her with a pearl between His nostrils and with butter on His hands, she became wonderfully pleased to see her little child in that fashion
- Just as one can appreciate the real taste of milk with the tongue and not with the eyes, nostrils or ears, one can similarly appreciate the Absolute Truth perfectly and with all relishable pleasure only through one path, devotional service
- Just as the air or wind cannot be checked by anyone, the two nostrils, situated in one place, enjoy the sense of smell without impediment. When the tongue is present, the mouth continually tastes all kinds of relishable foodstuffs
- Satya said, "When Lord Sri Krsna came and fought with the bulls, they were just like playthings for Him. He captured the bulls and roped each one of them by the nostrils"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "He (Ambarisa) engaged his nostrils in smelling the flowers and tulasi which were offered to Krsna, and he engaged his tongue in tasting Krsna-prasadam"
- The Bhattacarya then took a fine cotton swab and put it before the Lord's nostrils. When he saw the cotton move very slightly, he became hopeful
- The body consists of nine gates (two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, one mouth, the anus and the genitals)
- The body has been called the city of nine gates, and these nine gates include two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, one mouth, a genital and a rectum. When the nine gates are clean and working properly, it is to be understood that the body is healthy
- The body has nine gates - the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, mouth, rectum and genitals. When one is harassed by the invalidity of old age, various diseases manifest at the gates of the body
- The breathing from the nostril of Brahma caused the appearance of Lord Boar, and therefore the boar incarnation of the Lord is the personified Vedas
- The king, or the ruler of the body, who is the living entity, uses all these doors (two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, one mouth, the rectum and the genitals) to enjoy different types of material pleasures
- The life air passes through seven openings, namely two eyes, two nostrils, two ears and one mouth. Generally it passes through the mouth at the time of an ordinary man's death
- The seven gates of the body that are situated upward are the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears and one mouth. The two subterranean gates are the rectum and the genitals
- The tree of the body has nine hollows - the eyes, the ears, the nostrils, the mouth, the rectum and the genitals - and ten leaves, the ten airs passing through the body
- The two doors named Nalini and Nalini should be known as the two nostrils, and the city named Saurabha represents aroma
- The two gates named Nalini and Nalini are the two nostrils. The living entity enjoys these two gates with the help of different avadhutas, or airs, which constitute the breathing process
- There are nine gates in the body: two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, the mouth, the genitals and the anus. When every gate is illuminated by the symptoms of goodness, it should be understood that one has developed the mode of goodness
- They (Four Kumaras) went to visit the Lord of Vaikuntha-loka in the spiritual sky, and when they bowed down before the Lord, the aroma of the tulasi, mixed with saffron, entered their nostrils and immediately attracted their minds
- Water flowed from His eyes and sometimes through His nostrils, and foam fell from His mouth. These flowings appeared to be torrents of nectar descending from the moon
- We have got nine holes: this nostril, the ear, mouth, the eyes, the genital, the rectum, the navel. We have got nine holes. These nine holes develop. In this way, the body is formed. In seven months' time, the body gets consciousness back
- When it is necessary to create the material universes, Visnu expands Himself as Maha-Visnu. Maha-Visnu lies down in the Causal Ocean and breathes all the universes from His nostrils
- When Manu was sneezing, Iksvaku was born from Manu's nostrils
- When mother Yasoda saw that the child (Lord Damodara) was moving, ringing the bells on His waist, smiling at her with a pearl between His nostrils and with butter on His hands, she became wonderfully pleased to see her little child in that fashion
- When the breeze carrying the aroma of tulasi leaves and saffron from the lotus feet of the lotus-eyed Personality of Godhead entered through the nostrils into the hearts of those sages (the Kumaras), they experienced a change in both body and mind
- When the breeze carrying the aroma of tulasi leaves from the toes of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead entered the nostrils of those sages (the four Kumaras), they experienced a change both in body and in mind
- When the Lord's two nostrils separately manifested themselves, the dual Asvini-kumaras entered them in their proper positions, and because of this the living entities can smell the aromas of everything
- When the supreme purusa desired to smell odors, the nostrils and respiration were generated, the nasal instrument and odors came into existence, and the controlling deity of air, carrying smell, also became manifested