Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
nose | noses | nasal
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Nose"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- After giving everything in charity to the brahmanas, Lord Ramacandra retained only His personal garments and ornaments, and similarly the Queen, mother Sita, was left with only her nose ring, and nothing else
- Among yourselves, there is no strong man. That is the defect. All like child. That is the defect. And it requires a very strong man. That is lacking. In every minute details I have poked my nose
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura indicates that there is another Vaisnava, a pseudo Vaisnava with tilaka on his nose and kanthi beads around his neck. Such a pseudo Vaisnava associates with money and women and is jealous of successful Vaisnavas
- Blood oozed from the many injuries on His mouth, nose and cheeks, but due to His ecstatic emotions, the Lord did not know it
- By further transformation of the mode of passion, the sense organs like the ear, skin, nose, eyes, tongue, mouth, hands, genitals, legs, and the outlet for evacuating, together with intelligence and living energy, are all generated
- He (Lord Krsna) immediately divided Himself into seven Krsnas, and each one of Them immediately caught hold of a bull and bridled its nose, thus bringing it under control as if it were a plaything
- Her (Mohini-murti's) ears were equally decorated with earrings, Her cheeks were very beautiful, Her nose was raised and Her face full of youthful luster. Her large breasts made Her waist seem very thin
- His (Lord Caitanya's) arms are long enough to reach His knees, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, His nose is like a sesame flower, and His face is as beautiful as the moon
- His arms are long enough to reach His knees, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, His nose is like a sesame flower, and His face is as beautiful as the moon
- If the hands, legs, eyes, nose and so on do not endeavor to provide food for the stomach, but themselves try to enjoy the eatables collected by them, then there will be a maladjustment of the whole body
- In a state of smiling, when the nose becomes puffed and the eyes squint, the smiling is called avahasita
- In order to wear a gold or diamond nose pin or earring, one has to pierce the ear or nose. Such pain endured for the sake of sense gratification is endured on the path of karma-kanda, the path of fruitive activity
- In this mellow of devotional service in ghastliness, the sub-ecstatic symptoms are spitting upon the consideration of one's past life, contorting the face, covering the nose and washing the hands
- Indirectly Kutila was insulted by the following statement, "My dear Kutila, daughter of Jatila, your breasts are as long as string beans - simply dry and long. Your nose is so gorgeous that it is defying the beauty of the noses of frogs"
- Salagrama sila is a black stone ball, round, with eyes and nose painted with gopicandana with a golden crown on and placed on one small srngasana
- Sense perception of material objects by the mundane senses, such as the eye, ear, nose and hand, always produces definitely perverted knowledge
- Srimati Radharani continued, "He (Ramacandra) was so attracted by the beauty of Sita that He converted Surpanakha, the sister of Ravana, into an ugly woman by cutting off her nose and ears"
- Take the example of a dead man. The senses, the hands, the nose, the sense organs, and everything is there, but now he cannot enjoy. The dead body, it cannot enjoy. Why? This requires intelligence
- The eyes, nose, ears, etc., these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force. But the yogis can block these holes by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, between the eyebrows
- The godly person knows that this nicely dressed and ornamented attraction of high breasts, high hips, beautiful nose and fair complexion is maya. All the beauty a woman can display is only a combination of flesh and blood
- The ingredients of matter are counted as twenty-three: the total material energy, false ego, sound, touch, form, taste, smell, earth, water, fire, air, sky, eye, ear, nose, tongue, skin, hand, leg, evacuating organ, genitals, speech and mind
- The irises of His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) eyes were so pleasing that they removed all the troubles of everyone who saw Him. His forehead, ears, neck, nose and all His other features were very beautiful
- The Lord is like the two threads that form the length and breadth of a woven cloth. The entire world is controlled by Him just as a bull is controlled by a rope in its nose
- The Lord would put the stone to His heart or sometimes to His eyes. Sometimes He would smell it with His nose and sometimes place it on His head.
- The nasal instrument, odor, and the controlling deity air, smelling, etc., all became manifested simultaneously when the Lord desired to smell. The Vedic mantras confirm this statement in the Upanisads
- The nose can be utilized in smelling the flowers offered to the Deity, and the hearing can be utilized by listening to the vibration of the Hare Krsna mantra. In this way the senses can be regulated and utilized to advance Krsna consciousness
- The primordial matter, or prakrti, material nature, consisting of three modes, generates four groups of five. The third group is the five sense organs for acquiring knowledge: eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin
- The Queen had a very valuable pearl, which she wore on her nose, and she wished to give it to Gopala. She then began to think as follows
- The sense organs for acquiring knowledge - the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and touch - should be fully controlled and should not be allowed to engage in self-gratification
- The senses interact with the sense objects, like the ear for hearing, eyes for seeing, nose for smelling, tongue for tasting, hand for touching, and all of them are thus engaged in activities outside the self
- The six plunderers (in the forest of material existence) are the senses - eyes, ears, nose, tongue, touch and mind
- The ten kinds of air are described as follows: The main air passing through the nose in breathing is called prana. The air which passes through the rectum as evacuated bodily air is called apana
- The yogis can block these holes (the eyes, nose, ears, etc.) by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, that is, between the eyebrows
- Then Haridasa Thakura accepted the challenge offered by Gopala Cakravarti. "If by namabhasa liberation is not available, certainly I shall cut off my nose"
- There are certain symptoms of great sages who are situated in santa-rasa devotional service, and these symptoms are exhibited as follows: they concentrate their eyesight on the tip of the nose, and they behave just like an avadhuta
- There are five senses for acquiring knowledge: the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin. Then five working senses: voice, legs, hands, anus and genitals. Then, above the senses, there is the mind, which is within and which can be called the sense within
- These sense organs (the eyes, ears, nose, skin and tongue) are very easily attracted by the sense objects
- They (Kings and Princes) looked upon Him to their hearts' content, as if drinking nectar through their eyes, licking His body with their tongues, smelling the aroma of His body with their noses, and embracing Him with their arms
- They (the gopis) began to contemplate, "Who is this boy who looks just like Krsna? He has the same eyes like lotus petals, the same raised nose and beautiful face, and he is smiling in the same way"
- Through the nose we can smell, by the eyes we can see, by the ears we can hear, and in this way we gather knowledge. Similarly, there are the karmendriyas, the working senses - the hands, legs, genitals, rectum, mouth and so forth
- We shall use our hand in cleansing the temple, in playing the instruments, karatala, for chanting. So, ear for hearing Krsna's pastimes, nose for smelling the flower offered to Krsna
- When Krsna brought the bulls under His control by bridling their noses, their strength and pride were immediately smashed. The name and fame which the bulls had attained was thus vanquished
- When Mother Yasoda was addressing Krsna in that way, a girl friend who was nearby began to smile with a puffed nose and squinting eyes. This is an instance of avahasita smiling
- When the supreme purusa desired to smell odors, the nostrils and respiration were generated, the nasal instrument and odors came into existence, and the controlling deity of air, carrying smell, also became manifested
- When the vital force is lifted to the cerebellum, there is every chance of this force bursting out from the eyes, nose, ears, etc., as these are places which are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force
- When the vital force is lifted to the cerebellum, there is every chance that this force will burst out from the eyes, nose, ears, etc., as these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force
- While continuously staring at the tip of the nose, a learned yogi practices the breathing exercises through the technical means known as puraka, kumbhaka and recaka
- While continuously staring at the tip of the nose, a learned yogi practices the breathing exercises through the technical means known as puraka, kumbhaka and recaka - controlling inhalation and exhalation and then stopping them both
- Within three days that brahmana was attacked by leprosy, and as a result his highly raised nose melted away and fell off