"not longer"|"not any longer"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "No Longer"
The following 230 pages are in this category, out of 230 total.
- A dying man comes under the clutches of death and lies down, surrounded by lamenting friends and relatives, and although he wants to speak with them, he no longer can because he is under the control of time
- A farmer does not like an old bull who has ceased to work. Similarly, when an attached person in family life becomes old and is unable to earn, he is no longer liked by his wife, sons, daughters and other kinsmen, and he is consequently neglected
- A Krsna conscious person is no longer interested in material activities and no longer takes pleasure in material arrangements like wine, women and similar infatuations
- A liberated person no longer desires external material happiness. This state is called brahma-bhuta, attaining which one is assured of going back to Godhead, back to home
- A mahatma, or great soul, is very rarely seen because such transcendental realization is achieved only after many, many births. Once it is attained, however, there is no longer any illusion or lamentation or the miseries of material existence
- A man is becoming a great leader, a great scientist, a great philosopher, how? So long the spiritual spark is there. As soon as the spiritual spark is gone, the same very body is no longer a great leader, a great scientist, or great philosopher
- A perfect yogi is so well disciplined in the activities of the mind that he can no longer be disturbed by any kind of material desire. This perfectional stage can automatically be attained by persons in Krsna consciousness
- A person who has actually established his relationship with Krsna can no longer act on the material plane, and his personal character cannot be criticized
- A person who is fully Krsna conscious, and is fully satisfied by his acts in Krsna consciousness, no longer has any duty to perform
- A person who is situated on the platform of knowledge no longer has any duties to perform
- A self-realized man is no longer obliged to perform any prescribed duty, save and except activities in Krsna consciousness. Krsna consciousness is not inactivity either, as will be explained in the following verses
- A student, after finishing his education, gives up his relationship with the teacher and the school. A priest, after taking his reward from the worshiper, gives him up. When the fruit season is over, birds are no longer interested in the tree
- A suffering man, if he is pious at all, prays to the Lord (Krsna) for his recovery. But as soon as the recovery is over, in most cases the suffering man no longer cares to keep any connection with the Lord
- Actually the whole world is serving the senses, servant of the senses. Godasa. But if we engage the senses in the service of Krsna, then we shall no longer remain the servant of the senses. We shall be the master of the senses
- After hearing all this, they (the gopis) became actually very sympathetic. Then all the gopis, including Radharani, proceeded further into the forest, until they could no longer see the moonlight
- After some time, Svarupa Damodara could no longer hear Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanting. When he entered the room, he found the three doors locked, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was gone
- After touching the ceiling above the door, you have touched the coconuts. Now they are no longer fit to be offered to Krsna because they are contaminated
- All material desires are present as long as one is in the bodily concept of life, but when one realizes that he is an eternal servant of Krsna, his desires are no longer material
- All the devotees are now appreciating the presence of their Spiritual Master by following His instructions although He is no longer physically present. This is the right spirit
- An animal may remain in the custody of a human being for some time, and then the same animal may be transferred to the possession of other human beings. As soon as the animal goes away, the former proprietor no longer has a sense of ownership
- An illustration of this principle is that many great empires which developed in the past are no longer existing because their wealth was squandered away by later descendants
- Anyone who has completely surrendered unto Krsna, Mukunda, giving up all other duties, is no longer a debtor, nor is he obliged to anyone
- Are there no torn clothes lying on the common road? Do the trees, which exist for maintaining others, no longer give alms in charity? Do the rivers, being dried up, no longer supply water to the thirsty
- Arjuna said: O King! The Supreme Personality of Godhead Hari, who treated me exactly like an intimate friend, has left me alone. Thus my astounding power, which astonished even the demigods, is no longer with me
- As a great fighting hero, Jarasandha was ashamed, and he decided that he would no longer live as a king but would resign from his position in the royal order and go to the forest to practice meditation under severe austerities and penances
- As far as Arjuna is concerned, he says that his illusion is over. This means that Arjuna no longer thinks of Krsna as a mere human being, as a friend of his, but as the source of everything
- As long as one is not strong enough to fight the illusory energy, there may be accidental falldowns. But when one is strong enough, he is no longer subjected to such falldowns, as previously explained
- As soon as he (the living being) engages himself in the loving service of the Lord, he at once becomes free from the chain of karma. His actions no longer create any reaction
- As soon as human civilization turns against brahminical culture and allows unrestricted killing of cows, we should understand that men are no longer under the control of the Vedic culture but are all yavanas and mlecchas
- As soon as the real living entity is out of the body, even the body of the most dear son is no longer attractive. Therefore the living spark, or eternal part of the Supreme, is the real basis of affection, and not the body
- As soon as the sun sets, the whole manifestation is no longer connected to the sun, which has passed from one place to another
- At that time the difference between the soul and the Supersoul, which was existing before self-realization, is annihilated. When a dream is over, there is no longer a distinction between the dream and the dreamer
- At that time, no longer attempting spiritual cultivation, he becomes overly attached to his wife or girl friend and tries to provide her with a suitable apartment
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya told the Lord, "I can no longer tolerate the disturbance of the crowd. People are coming one after another to offer invitations"
- Banasura was shocked to understand that his daughter Usa was no longer a virgin maiden. This weighed heavily on his heart, and without delay he rushed toward the palace where Usa was living
- Because of this surrender, he (a pure devotee) no longer has any attraction for wealth. Even if there is attraction for wealth, it is not for sense enjoyment, but for the service of the Lord
- Because you brought Me back here, I could no longer hear the nectarean voices of Krsna and the gopis, nor could I hear the sounds of their ornaments or the flute
- Before our birth this situation did not exist, and after our death it will exist no longer. Therefore our situation now is temporary, although it is not false
- Brahma said, "If one understands You through Your personal teachings, as stated in the BG, or through Your pure devotees, as stated in SB - if one realizes that You are the ultimate goal of understanding - he need no longer fear this material existence"
- But now we see that the punishment ordained under your authority is no longer effective, since your order has been transgressed by four wonderful and perfect persons
- But now, although the same thunderbolt has been released against a less important demon, it has been ineffectual. Therefore, although it was as good as a brahmastra, it has now become useless like an ordinary rod. I shall therefore hold it no longer
- By bhajana-kriya one attains freedom from the contamination of materialistic life. He no longer goes to a restaurant or hotel to taste so-called palatable dishes made with meat and onions, nor does he care to smoke or drink tea or coffee
- By taking to Krishna consciousness they can become purified and no longer have to take birth again in this material world where they are the four-fold miseries of the body
- By the one stroke of devotional service, if someone gives up all obligations and simply surrenders unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is no longer a debtor, nor obliged to any other source of benefit
- Captivated conditioned souls have no information of the Lord who is the primeval cause. Nor have they information that the parts and parcels of the body, being detached from the whole body, are no longer the same hand or leg as when attached to the body
- Contraception means to make the womb deteriorated so that it no longer is a good place for the soul. That is against the order of God. By the order of God a soul is sent to a particular womb
- Cowherd friends said, "Simply because he saw a peacock feather he is now closing his eyes and is no longer attentive to pasturing the cows"
- For one satisfied (in Krsna consciousness), the threefold miseries of material existence exist no longer; in such satisfied consciousness, one's intelligence is soon well established
- For one who is so situated in the Divine consciousness, the threefold miseries of material existence exist no longer; in such a happy state, one's intelligence soon becomes steady. BG 2.65 - 1972
- For the fortunate person who has taken shelter of Krsna as everything, liberation is already there. He is no longer in the material world. Whoever is engaged in the devotional service of Krsna is already on the brahma-bhuta, or spiritual, platform
- Further tell Him that those now mad in ecstatic love are no longer interested in the material world. Also tell Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that one who has also become a madman in ecstatic love (Advaita Prabhu) has spoken these words
- Glorification of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is performed in the parampara system; that is, it is conveyed from spiritual master to disciple. Such glorification is relished by those no longer interested in the false, temporary glorification
- Govinda said to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Raghunatha dasa no longer takes prasadam here. Now he stands at the Simha-dvara, where he begs some alms to eat"
- He (Arjuna) was freed from the three modes of material nature and placed in transcendence. There was no longer any chance of his becoming entangled in birth and death, for he was freed from material form
- He (one who is on the stage of equanimity through realization of self) is no longer subject to take birth in the material world but can enter into the spiritual sky after his death
- He need no longer fear falling down
- He who has completely surrendered himself in the activities of Krsna consciousness is no longer obliged to anyone, nor is he a debtor to anyone, as one is in the ordinary course of activities
- Hearing this news, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, He has done very well by no longer standing at the Simha-dvara gate. Such begging of alms resembles the behavior of a prostitute
- His (a person who is fully Krsna conscious) duty becomes self-illuminated by the grace of the Lord, and therefore he no longer has any obligations to the Vedic injunctions
- Human society is no longer bounded by geographical limits to particular countries or communities. Human society is broader than in the Middle Ages, and the world tendency is toward one state or one human society
- I shall no longer bear this unworthy body, which has been received from you, who have blasphemed Lord Siva. If someone has taken food which is poisonous, the best treatment is to vomit
- If a venomous serpent is bereft of its poison fangs, it is no longer fearful. Similarly, if the senses are engaged in the service of the Lord, there is no need to fear their activities
- If one can reach the platform of understanding by service to the Supreme Lord Krsna, he has no longer to execute different types of penances and sacrifices as recommended in revealed scriptures
- If one surrenders fully unto Krsna - Krsna is Mukunda - then he is no longer any more indebted to all these obligations. He is immune. At one stroke he becomes liquidated from all obligation
- If our mind, senses, speech, money and energies are thus engaged in the service of Krsna, then we are no longer in material nature. By virtue of spiritual consciousness, or Krsna consciousness, we transcend the platform of material nature
- If the body is not properly maintained, it falls down and dries up like an uprooted tree, from which flowers and fruit can no longer be obtained
- If the kings, the leaders, and the brahmanas, the teachers, would set forth the examples we receive from Vedic literature, the entire world would be heaven; indeed, there would no longer be hellish conditions within this material world
- If the yogi is able to place the beautiful face of the Lord in the core of his heart, he will be completely satisfied. In other words, when one is absorbed in seeing the beauty of the Lord within himself, the material attraction can no longer disturb him
- In contrast to the principles of the kings of old, the modern state is concerned only with propaganda for levying taxes and is no longer responsible for the spiritual welfare of the citizens
- In fire the iron becomes warm, warmer, and then at last, it becomes red-hot. When the iron is red-hot, it is no longer iron. It is fire. If you touch anywhere, it will burn. Although apparently it is iron rod, but because it has become red-hot, it is fire
- In old age the senses lose their strength, and although an old man desires to enjoy his senses, and especially sex life, he is very miserable because his instruments of enjoyment no longer function
- In samadhi there is no longer any danger of becoming engaged in the material conception of life
- In the asamprajnata-samadhi there is no longer any connection with mundane pleasure, for one is then transcendental to all sorts of happiness derived from the senses
- In the day (the day of Brahma) they (the less intelligent) receive various bodies for material activities, and at night (the night of Brahma) they no longer have bodies but remain compact in the body of Visnu
- In the Kali-yuga the whole atmosphere is surcharged with faithlessness. Men are no longer interested in spiritual values. Material sense gratification is now the standard of civilization
- In the Third Chapter, it was explained that a person who is situated on the platform of knowledge no longer has any duties to perform
- Indeed, he begins to covet that particular type of devotion. When such covetousness is awakened, one's intelligence no longer depends on the instructions of sastra (revealed scripture) or on logic and argument
- Instead of being elevated to the spiritual world, from which there is no longer any possibility of coming down, one simply revolves in the cycle of birth and death on higher and lower planetary systems
- Intelligent persons take to the devotional service of the Lord. When they chant the holy name of the Lord without offenses, they are no longer subject to my (Yamaraja) rulings
- Iron rod put into the fire, when it is red-hot, it is no longer iron rod. It is fire. Similarly this body, if you constantly keep in touch with spiritual activities, then it is no longer material. It is spiritual. The body's also spiritual
- It is a great science, and due to being out of proper use for more than four thousand years, for want of qualified brahmanas, such performances of sacrifice are no longer effective. Nor are they recommended in this fallen age
- It is also confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that it is very difficult to get out of the clutches of material nature, but if anyone surrenders unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the modes of material nature can no longer act on him
- It is no longer considered abominable to be a drunkard, woman-hunter, meat-eater, thief or rogue, for these elements have been assimilated by human society
- It is not that because I am acting as guru, I am no longer student. No, I am still student
- It is true that if a man becomes too much puffed up because of his family, opulence, beauty and material advancement, he no longer wants a peaceful life but becomes belligerent toward all others
- It purifies the heart of the living entity and helps him attain his spiritual identity. One who relates this transcendental narration will be liberated from all material bondage and will no longer have to wander within this material world
- It should not take longer than one hour to bathe and dress the Deity if one actually knows how it is done. But it may take longer so you may offer the bhoga at 8:00. The idea of bathing the Deity after offering bhoga is not correct
- It was then arranged for them to be sent back to their abodes so that others could see that the powerful Yadu dynasty was no longer in the world
- Kindly bestow upon me Your pure mercy so that I may also become renounced. I am no longer interested in material enjoyment
- Krsna replied, "Because of Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena & Ravana's false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts & they no longer remained kings of their respective kingdoms & were lost in the violence of abominable conditioned life"
- Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, is called cancala. She does not remain at one place. We have got experience. Today one man is very rich; next generation is no longer rich. That is also nationwise applicable. Just like we have seen British Empire
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Your body is My property. You have already surrendered unto Me. Therefore you no longer have any claim to your body"
- Materialistic men are always interested in their own profit. For this purpose they can offer any kind of respect to anyone, but when their personal interest is over, they are no longer friends
- Milk is undoubtedly very good and nourishing, but when it is touched by the mouth of a snake it is no longer nourishing; rather, it becomes a source of death
- My attachment to my body, wife, children and home is continuing by the spell of Your external energy, but I wish to be attached to them no longer. Let my mind, my consciousness and everything I have be attached only to You
- My dear King, if a diseased person eats the pure, uncontaminated food prescribed by a physician, he is gradually cured, and the infection of disease can no longer touch him
- My dear son, I am certainly most unfortunate, for I can no longer see your mild smiling. You have closed your eyes forever. I therefore conclude that you have been taken from this planet to another, from which you will not return
- No longer seeing Urvasi on his bed, Pururava was most aggrieved. Because of his great attraction for her, he was very much disturbed. Thus, lamenting, he began traveling about the earth like a madman
- Not seeing Urvasi in his assembly, the King of heaven, Lord Indra, said, "Without Urvasi my assembly is no longer beautiful." Considering this, he requested the Gandharvas to bring her back to his heavenly planet
- Now that I have brought him here, I am asking him to leave. Now he can go wherever he likes, for I am no longer responsible for him
- O all-pervading Visnu, I can no longer maintain my equilibrium. Seeing Your radiant colors fill the skies and beholding Your eyes and mouths, I am afraid. BG 11.24 - 1972
- O Gadadhara (Krsna), our kingdom is now being marked by the impressions of Your feet, and therefore it appears beautiful. But when You leave, it will no longer be so
- O master of the universe, Your heart and Srimati Radharani's heart are just like shellac and are now melted in Your spiritual perspiration. Therefore one can no longer distinguish between You and Srimati Radharani
- O son of Surabhi, you need lament no longer now. There is no need to fear this low-class sudra. And, O mother cow, as long as I am living as the ruler and subduer of all envious men, there is no cause for you to cry. Everything will be good for you
- Of the six warriors (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva), four took care to kill Samba's four horses, one struck down his chariot driver, and one managed to cut the string of Samba's bow so that he could no longer fight with them
- One cannot serve the Lord without being situated on the spiritual platform. Thus if a so-called material thing is dovetailed in the Lord's service, it is no longer to be considered material. The pure devotee, in his perfect vision, sees from all angles
- One gopi said, "His (Krsna's) dancing eyes have dimmed the brilliance of the most expert dancer, and so there is no longer any comparison to the beauty of Krsna"
- One should be intelligently conscious in such a way that he need no longer change from one body to another
- One should not commit sinful activities on the strength of having surrendered to Krsna. However, even if one who has surrendered to Krsna happens to do something sinful because of his former habits, such sinful actions no longer have a destructive effect
- One who has taken shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is completely protected from all other influences. He no longer serves or is obliged to anyone else. Of course he is not disobedient to anyone
- One who has tasted the beauty of the Supreme Lord Krsna, in the course of his advancement in Krsna consciousness, no longer has a taste for dead, material things
- One who hears or describes it with faith & devotion is no longer doomed to hellish life because this historical narration has the potency to vanquish all sinful reactions, regardless of his having a material body & of how sinful he may have been
- Only by penance can one appreciate the beauty and opulence of the Lord, and when one is acquainted with that beauty and opulence, he is no longer attracted by any other. This is confirmed in Bhagavad-gita
- Our activities must be so transcendentally saturated that the Lord will be kind enough to look upon us favorably and engage us in His transcendental service; then only can the senses be satisfied completely and be no longer troubled by material attraction
- Radharani continued, "I am now in an ocean of distress. It must be that now I am going to die, for My vital force no longer remains. This is My state of mind"
- Radharani said, "He (Krsna) glanced over Me in a way that I cannot describe. But since this has occured, I am sorry that I can no longer engage My mind in the duties of My household affairs"
- Rivers, tributaries, ponds, reservoirs and the mind are all perturbed. Butter no longer ignites fire. What is this extraordinary time? What is going to happen?
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "You can no longer expect any service from me. Please arrange for someone else to tend to the management"
- Sannyasis, who are no longer bound by fruitive activity and who have taken to devotional service after all their material desires have been vanquished, also learn by these instructions
- Seeing the fatigue of the disciples, the spiritual master has stopped making them dance, and because that mercy no longer makes them dance, my words now sit silently
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Thereafter, because of his advanced position in devotional life, Maharaja Ambarisa, who no longer desired to live with material things, retired from active family life
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We know that Krsna cannot live for a moment without the association of young women. That is His nature. He is finding difficulty in Mathura because He is no longer in the village among innocent cowherd girls"
- The analogy is given that, as the bees go away from a flower that has no honey, so Subala left Vrndavana when he found there was no longer any relishable transcendental pleasure there
- The arrows released by Lord Siva appeared like fiery beams emanating from the sun globe and covered the three residential airplanes, which could then no longer be seen
- The astounding powers of Arjuna, which were astonishing even to the denizens of heaven, were no longer required, and they were not meant for going back home, back to Godhead
- The bona fide disciple should be inquisitive to understand transcendental subject matter. He must not search out faults among good qualities, and he should no longer be interested in material topics
- The bore in the copper measuring pot must be made with a probe weighing not more than four masa and measuring not longer than four fingers. This regulates the diameter of the hole. The pot is submerged in water, and the overflooding time is called a danda
- The brahmana begged Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My dear Lord, kindly show me favor and let me go with You. I can no longer tolerate the waves of misery caused by materialistic life"
- The central idea is that if the boy and girl were on an equal level the marriage would be happy, whereas inequality would lead to unhappiness. Because care is no longer taken in marriage, we now find many divorces
- The devotee becomes transcendental to all dualities, such as heat and cold, honor and dishonor. Being freed from all dualities, he feels transcendental bliss, and he no longer suffers cares and anxieties due to material existence
- The example given herewith by the queens is very appropriate. The riverbeds become dry when the ocean no longer supplies water through the clouds
- The feeling of separation occurs because until the daughter is married she remains the daughter of the father, but after her marriage she is no longer claimed as a daughter in the family; she must go to the husband's house
- The gopis said, "Dear Krsna, if You say that if we go home our respective husbands will satisfy the lusty flame of our desire, we can only say that that is no longer possible"
- The gopis said, "Since we have tasted this transcendental enjoyment, we are no longer interested in going to anyone but You for the satisfaction of our lust. Dear Krsna, the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune are always worshiped by the demigods"
- The gopis said, "We fear He will become controlled by them & will forget us, for we are simple village girls. He will no longer be kind to us. We therefore do not expect Krsna to return to Vrndavana. He will not leave the company of the girls in Mathura"
- The hills and mountains began to produce potent medicinal plants and valuable stones. Because of Krsna's presence, all these things happened very nicely, and the lower animals, who were generally envious of one another, were envious no longer
- The kings said, "We are no longer interested in sense gratification derived through the material body. By Your grace, we have now come to the conclusion that hankering after such material happiness is just like searching for water in a desert mirage"
- The kings said, "We are no longer interested in the results of our pious activities, such as performing great sacrifices to be elevated to the heavenly planets"
- The living beings who are in the material world are all disintegrated parts & parcels of the supreme whole, and they are no longer as important as the original parts & parcels. There are, however, more integrated living beings who are eternally liberated
- The living entity has senses, and if the senses stopped working, the living entity would no longer be a living entity; he would be exactly like stone or wood. This is not possible. Because he is living, he is nitya and cetana - eternally sentient
- The living entity thinks that he is no longer a conditioned soul, but God. He is so unintelligent that he does not think that if he were God, then how could he be in doubt? That he does not consider. So that is the last snare of illusion
- The Lord (Krsna) is served by all His parts and parcels, as the complete machine is served by its parts and parcels. Any part of the machine removed from the whole is no longer important
- The Lord then understood that the holy place called Radha-kunda was no longer visible. However, being the omniscient S P of God, He discovered Radha-kunda and Syama-kunda in two paddy fields. There was only a little water, but He took His bath there
- The mind can be peaceful and thoroughly cleansed when one no longer desires anything but devotional service
- The mind, being controlled by conviction, meditation, and cessation from the senses, should be situated in trance, or samadhi. At that time there is no longer any danger of becoming engaged in the material conception of life
- The more we talk of Krsna, think of Krsna and preach for Krsna, the more we become purified. This means we no longer have to accept a hallucinatory gross and subtle body, but instead attain our spiritual identity
- The personified Vedas continued, "A Krsna conscious being becomes uninterested in family life, where there is some concession for sense enjoyment. In other words, he is no longer interested in sense gratification"
- The personified Vedas continued, "In this material world, anyone who has developed such Krsna consciousness is no longer interested in the materialistic way of life"
- The pure Vaisnava's body is spiritualized even in this life. For example, when iron is put into a fire it becomes red-hot and is no longer iron but fire
- The queens continued, "Our hearts no longer work properly, and therefore we also have become very lean and thin. We think, therefore, that you are just like us"
- The queens said, "At the present moment, you (dry rivers) appear very lean and thin, so we can understand that your position is exactly like ours. We have lost everything due to being separated from Syamasundara, we no longer hear His pleasing words"
- The queens said, "Dear dry rivers, we know that because this is the summer season, all your beds are dry, and you have no water. Because all your water has now been dried up, you are no longer beautified by blooming lotus flowers"
- The sage could see that Devahuti had washed herself clean and was shining forth as though no longer his former wife. She had regained her own original beauty as the daughter of a prince
- The sense organs are certainly our greatest enemies, and they are therefore compared to venomous serpents. However, if a venomous serpent is bereft of its poison fangs, it is no longer fearful
- The so-called members of the brahmana and other high-order families are no longer highly cultured because of the bad influence of the present age
- The SPG did not award His mercy to Bali Maharaja by giving him material happiness and opulence, for these make one forget loving service to the Lord. The result of material opulence is that one can no longer absorb his mind in the SPG
- The student (brahmacari) communities are no longer being maintained, and householders do not observe the rules and regulations of the grhastha-asrama
- The Supreme Lord, Vasudeva, who created the cosmic manifestation, exhibits Himself as all-pervading, like the sky that holds clouds. When the creation is annihilated, everything enters into the Supreme Lord, Visnu, & varieties are no longer manifested
- The swans in the lakes, who are compared to the vitality of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, are no longer desiring to live in that lake
- The system of caste, or varnasrama-dharma, is no longer regular even amongst the so-called followers of the system. Nor is it now possible to reestablish the institutional function in the present context of social, political and economic revolution
- The Visnudutas, who are superior authorities, gave orders to the Yamadutas, who did not know that Ajamila was no longer subject to tribulation in hellish life for his past sins
- The whole process (of Krsna consciousness) depends on perfect knowledge of the soul beyond the conception of the body - not theoretically but practically, when there is no longer a chance for sense gratification manifested in fruitive activities
- The wives of kamsa and his brothers said, "Our dear husbands, you are so kind and are the protectors of your dependents. Now, after your death, we are also dead, along with your homes and children. We no longer look auspicious"
- The Yamadutas did not know that Ajamila was no longer subject to tribulation in hellish life for his past sins
- There the devotee says, "My dear Lord, as a sold-out animal has no need to think about his maintenance and sustenance, so, because I have given up my body and soul unto You, I am no longer concerned with my maintenance and sustenance"
- There was no longer a need for material activities. The activities of the mind cannot be stopped, for they are the reflection of the eternal soul, but the quality of the activities can be changed from matter to the transcendental service of the Lord
- They passed two months in Vrndavana in this way. Finally they could no longer tolerate the unhappiness of separation from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- This imperfectness is due, more or less, to the material conception that a substance distributed widely in parts can no longer exist in the original form
- To see that the child is raised in full Krsna Consciousness is the proper management of householder life. And when your good daughter is no longer to be so cared for by you, then you will get enough time to chant Hare Krsna
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "'Transcendental knowledge of the Absolute is no longer necessary for you. You were accustomed to loving Me from the very beginning of your lives'"
- Ultimately, one has to meditate on the Supreme Personality of Godhead in order to be elevated to the transcendental position where he is no longer affected by the three modes of material nature
- Unlike the demons, devotees no longer have to change material bodies. The Lord, therefore, is simultaneously death and immortality. He is death for demons and immortality for devotees
- Upananda said, "Just imagine the calamity if this child or any other child playing with Him were crushed by the falling trees! Considering all these incidents, we must conclude that this place is no longer safe. Let us leave"
- Upon attaining love of God, a person immediately becomes immortal and no longer has to change his material body
- Usa exhibited some bodily symptoms by which it could be understood that she was having intercourse with a male friend. The symptoms were so prominent that her actions could no longer be concealed from anyone
- Varuna said, "At this moment, as I look at You, (Krsna) my life is made completely successful because by seeing You I no longer have to accept a material body"
- Vidura asked Uddhava about the welfare of his relatives, although he already knew that they were no longer in the world. This inquiry appears to be very queer
- We (sages) know well that persons who have become liberated by engagement in Your devotional service are no longer contaminated by the material modes of nature; thus they have become eligible to be promoted to the kingdom of God in the spiritual world
- We praise a beautiful woman for her body, but that same body, when bereft of a spirit soul, is no longer interesting to any lusty man
- We shall be sorry for Kirtanananda's plight under Maya and may not waste our valuable time talking about him. The best thing that you have done is that he should no longer speak in our temples. We shall all pray to Krishna for his recovery
- When a devotee develops transcendental love for Krsna his senses are no longer attracted by material desires
- When a living entity, by his intelligence, reawakens his attraction for Krsna, he can understand that he isn't the body but part & parcel of Krsna. Thus filled with knowledge, he no longer labors under attachment to body & everything related to it
- When a living entity, by Your (Lord Krsna) grace only, comes to the right conclusion about Your exalted transcendental position, he no longer bothers with the different theories manufactured by the mental speculators or so-called philosophers
- When a perfect yogi's attention is no longer attracted to the by-products of mystic powers, which are manifestations of the external energy, his progress towards Me becomes unlimited, and thus the power of death cannot overcome him
- When a person becomes devoid of all material desires, there is no longer need for speculative knowledge or fruitive activities
- When a person is fully engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord, he is pleased in himself, and thus he is no longer engaged in sense gratification or in fruitive activities
- When a person is in a distressed condition, even his family members - his sons, grandsons and wife - become disrespectful. They no longer are under the command of the master of the house
- When a person is no longer interested in acting for sense gratification and when he renounces all material desires, he is said to be situated in perfect yoga (yogarudha)
- When a seer knows himself to be one of Your own servitors, no longer does he maintain such duality. Thus I am now able to comprehend Your eternal forms, knowing well the Paramatma to be only Your plenary portion
- When His (Krsna's) mission was fulfilled the emergency powers were withdrawn from Arjuna because his astounding powers which were astonishing even to the denizens of heaven were no longer required & they were not meant for going back home back to Godhead
- When Krsna left Vrndavana, Subala, His intimate friend, decided to leave also. While leaving, Subala was contemplating that without Krsna there was no longer any pleasure to be found in Vrndavana
- When Krsna's chariot was surrounded by Jarasandha's military force and was no longer visible to them, they were so frightened that some of them (the women of Mathura) fainted
- When My mind lost the association of Krsna and could no longer see Him, he became depressed and took up mystic yoga. In the void of separation from Krsna, he experienced ten transcendental transformations
- When one achieves the paramahamsa platform, he is no longer under the regulative principles of the Vedic injunctions
- When one actually becomes purely Krsna conscious, no one has any right to rule over him. When situated in Krsna consciousness, one is no longer in the darkness of ignorance
- When one becomes an invalid, his senses and organs are weakened. In other words, they are no longer under one's control. The senses and sense objects then begin to oppose him
- When one comes to the Brahman platform, the platform of spiritual life, fully understanding that he is a spiritual soul, he is no longer affected by lamentation or hankering
- When one firmly realizes Krsna as the supreme goal, he is no longer attracted by mystic yoga practice or the speculative empirical methods of knowledge
- When one is attracted by the transcendental beauty of Radha and Krsna, he is no longer attracted by material feminine beauty. That is the special significance of Radha-Krsna worship
- When one is attracted to Krsna on the transcendental platform, there is no longer any logical argument on the basis of revealed scripture, nor are there considerations of such conclusions
- When one is awake in Krsna consciousness, he need no longer endeavor for good results in his activities. When one is situated in Krsna consciousness, all activities are on the absolute plane, for they are no longer subject to dualities like good and bad
- When one is situated in Krsna consciousness, all activities are on the absolute plane, for they are no longer subject to dualities like good and bad. The highest perfection of Krsna consciousness is renunciation of the material conception of life
- When one is spiritually advanced he can no longer be attracted by the lumps of flesh and blood which are the breasts of young women
- When Queen Arci saw that her husband (King Prthu), who had been so merciful to her and the earth, no longer showed symptoms of life, she lamented for a little while and then built a fiery pyre on top of a hill and placed the body of her husband on it
- When Raghunatha dasa's father and mother saw that their son was no longer acting like a crazy fellow and was responsibly attending to his duties, they became very happy
- When situated in Krsna consciousness, one is no longer in the darkness of ignorance, and when freed from all such darkness, one is situated in his original position
- When the devotee becomes a penniless pauper or is put into a comparatively poverty-stricken position, his relatives and family members no longer take interest in him, and in most cases they give up their connection with him
- When the particles of dust were followed by drops of blood being sprinkled all over space, the dust cloud could no longer float in the sky
- When the senses are engaged in the Lord's service, they are like poisonous snakes with their fangs removed, and so they are no longer dangerous. The entire world is a replica of Vaikuntha for the devotee because he has no anxiety
- When the Supreme Lord is laughing, one can see His small teeth, which resemble jasmine buds rendered rosy by the splendor of His lips. Once devoting his mind to this, the yogi should no longer desire to see anything else
- When the transcendental devotional service is mixed with a subordinate process, it is no longer transcendental but is called mixed devotional service
- When the Vedic knowledge is revealed, one need no longer remain in the darkness of material nature
- When there was no longer a tumultuous sound, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to external consciousness. Then Nityananda Prabhu informed Him of the fatigue of the chanters and dancers
- When we are no longer envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there will be real peace, unity and fraternity in human society
- When your mind is no longer disturbed by the flowery language of the Vedas, and when it remains fixed in the trance of self-realization, then you will have attained the divine consciousness
- When your mind is no longer disturbed by the flowery language of the Vedas, and when it remains fixed in the trance of self-realization, then you will have attained the Divine consciousness. BG 2.53 - 1972
- Whenever pure topics of the transcendental world are discussed, the members of the audience forget all kinds of material hankerings, at least for the time being. Not only that, but they are no longer envious of one another
- While describing the uncommon activities of Krsna before Uddhava, Nanda Maharaja gradually became overwhelmed and could no longer speak
- While she (Vaidarbhi, the daughter of King Vidarbha) was serving her husband (King Malayadhvaja) by massaging his legs, she could feel that his feet were no longer warm and could thus understand that he had already passed from the body
- While she was serving her husband by massaging his legs, she could feel that his feet were no longer warm and could thus understand that he had already passed from the body. She felt great anxiety upon being left alone
- Who is the rascal who said that you are no longer my official devotee? You are my devotee eternally. Don’t be agitated in this way
- With my mind fixed on Your lotus feet, I am no longer disturbed by persons who blaspheme me, claiming that my activities are not purified. I do not mind their accusations, and I excuse them out of compassion, just as You exhibit compassion
- With the destruction of the entire universe, including the demigods, the benedictions received from the demigods also vanish, just like the nobility when a king is no longer in power
- You cannot have any religious principle or institution in the cat society or dog society. Dharmena hinah pasubhih samanam. Therefore when human society becomes devoid of dharma, then it is animal society. It is no longer human society
- Your Zone's book distribution is most commendable. It is to your credit as a good manager that there are now no longer any debts to the Book Fund from the Western USA Temples