Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
mystic | mystical | mystically | mystics | mystified | mystifying | mystify
- vedaBase query: mystic or mystical or mystically or mystics or mystified or mystifying or mystify not "mystic yoga" not "mystic power*" not "mystic * power*"
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Mystic"
The following 143 pages are in this category, out of 143 total.
- A person is said to be established in self-realization and is called a yogi (or mystic) when he is fully satisfied by virtue of acquired knowledge and realization. Such a person is situated in transcendence and is self-controlled
- A person who is freed from the false egotism of material existence, or an advanced mystic, is eligible to enter into the kingdom of God known as Vaikuntha
- Advaita Acarya is a great mystic. No one can understand Him. He is expert in writing sonnets that even I Myself cannot understand
- After attainment of one or two of the eightfold perfections, many mystics fall into the trap of mental oscillation. In such a state, the mystic fails to attain to the highest perfection, namely, pure devotion to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- After traveling to all these different planets, he (Arjuna) finally went to Brahmaloka, where even mystic yogis cannot go. By the grace of Lord Krsna, Arjuna had that power, and he went above the heavenly planets to Brahmaloka
- Akrura continued, "They (great sages and mystics) are very peaceful, and after giving up all kinds of material activities, they engage in the sacrifice known as jnana-yajna, the philosophical search for You (Krsna)"
- Although the path of mystic yoga is one, the transcendental devotee is the greatest of all mystics, because he alone follows the path to its ultimate goal
- Among the transcendental mystics, variously classified as karma-yogis, dhyana-yogis, jnana-yogis, hatha-yogis, and bhakti-yogis, the last-named bhakti-yogis are the greatest of all
- Another meat-eater said, 'Sir, please hear me. Since the day I joked with some Hindus in this way, my tongue chants the Hare Krsna hymn and cannot give it up. I do not know what mystic hymns and herbal potions these Hindus know
- Aurobindo does not belong to the Bhakti school. He is more or less a dry philosopher, mental speculator, with some mystic ideas. We are simply concerned with pure devotees, so we have nothing to learn from Aurobindo
- Avadhuta means a highly elevated mystic who does not care for any social, religious or Vedic conventions
- Balarama concluded that the extraordinary show of affection was something mystical, either performed by the demigods or by some powerful man. Otherwise, how could this wonderful change take place?
- Because of this vaisnava-aparadha (when Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care), an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava, Saubhari Muni fell from his exalted position of mystic tapasya
- Being advanced by thinking of Krsna constantly, they (the wives of the brahmanas) were performing the greatest form of mystic meditation. All the wives then became very busily engaged in filling up different pots with nice food
- Brahma said, "The processes of understanding You (Krsna) by speculation or mystic meditation are all useless without devotional service"
- Brahma the greatest self-realized mystic
- By acting as a professional guru, mystic yogi or miracle man, one may cheat and bluff the general public and gain fame as a wonderful mystic, but all this is considered to be dust, straw and grains of sand within the heart
- By nature they (women) are not very pure, nor are they very much attached to auspicious activities. Therefore, how wonderful it is that these women have developed transcendental love for Krsna, the Lord of all mystic yogis!
- By worshiping the Supreme Lord, Somadatta achieved the most exalted post, a residence on the planet to which great mystic yogis are elevated
- Great sages and mystics worship You as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original cause of all living entities, all cosmic manifestation and all demigods. They worship You as all-inclusive
- Great, self-realized mystic yogis such as the four Kumaras also derive great transcendental bliss from realizing the Supersoul within themselves
- He (a mystic yogi) may be sitting thousands of miles away from a certain place, and if he likes he can take fruit from a garden there. This is prapti-siddhi
- He (Krsna) does not become God by manufacturing some mystic process of meditation, nor does He become God by undergoing the severe austerities of the mystic yogic exercises
- His lotus feet are placed over the whorls of the lotuslike hearts of great mystics. On His chest is the Kaustubha jewel, engraved with a beautiful calf, and there are other jewels on His shoulders. His complete torso is garlanded with fresh flowers
- If one's idea of God is not clear, he thinks it is mystical, but one who has got clear idea of God, clear order from God, then it is not mystical but it is practical
- If the mystic yogi is diverted by the accompanying feats of mystic control, then his mission of yogic success is a failure, because the ultimate aim is God realization
- In Satyaloka the inhabitants are fully cognizant of Vedic wisdom, and thus the mystic cloud of material energy is cleared. Therefore they are known as the Vedas personified
- In some parts of India there are still such mystical witches, who can sit on a stick and use it to fly from one place to another in a very short time
- In terms of a labor of love and its returns, the bhaktas, or devotees of the Lord, always have priority over persons who are addicted to the association of jnanis, or impersonalists, and yogis, or mystics
- In the Brahma-samhita it is said that all the material manifestations with innumerable universes appear and disappear with the breathing of Maha-visnu lying in yoga-nidra, or mystic sleep
- In the Fourth Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krsna affirms that formerly (some 120 million years before the Battle of Kuruksetra) He explained the mystic philosophy of the Gita to the sun-god
- In this world, there is nothing so sublime and pure as transcendental knowledge. Such knowledge is the mature fruit of all mysticism
- It is Narada only who can deliver the path of bhakti-yoga, the highest mystic means for attainment of the Supreme Lord
- It is said that the inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka can perform many wonderful mystic demonstrations
- It is the opinion of expert transcendentalists that the ultimate goal of performing all traditional good works, penances, sacrifices, charities, mystic activities, trances, etc., is to invoke My satisfaction
- It should be noted that progressive development along the transcendental mystic path is not totally identical with ordinary material progress. In the material world one has to pass through a certain stage of development before one can be admitted
- Kardama Muni is special not because he was a great mystic, but because he was a great devotee
- King Pariksit said: What are the opulences of the great mystics, and what is their ultimate realization? How does the perfect mystic become detached from the subtle astral body?
- Krsna is God from the childhood. When He was three months old He demonstrated His godly powers. He immediately killed Sakatasura. He immediately killed Putana. So He did not become God by meditation, manufactured in some mystic factory
- Krsna is the origin of the powers delegated to demigods, great sages and mystics. Although they are endowed with great powers, these powers are limited, and thus it is very difficult for them to know how Krsna Himself appears
- Many philosophers and great rsis, or mystics, try to distinguish the Absolute from the relative by their tiny brain power. This can only help them reach the negative conception of the Absolute
- Materialistic persons are very enthusiastic to maintain their family members, wife and children, and that there are also many mystic speculators who are engaged in speculating about liberation from the miseries of material life
- Mayavati had mystic knowledge of supernatural powers. Supernatural powers are generally known as maya, and to surpass all such powers there is another supernatural power, called maha-maya
- Mystic devotee
- Mystics and transcendentalists, by the mercy of the Lord, cross beyond nescience by ceasing all material desires. It is not possible, therefore, that the Supreme Lord can be favored by others
- Mystics who are advanced in yoga practice can arrange the time and place to leave the body
- Nanda Maharaja recalled the prophecy of Vasudeva and considered him a great sage and mystic yogi; otherwise, how could he have foretold an incident that happened during his absence from Vrndavana?
- Nowadays it is the fashion of the atheistic class of men to try to become God by following some mystic process. Generally the atheists claim to be God by dint of their imagination or their meditational prowess. Krsna is not that kind of God
- O King, when such a mystic passes over the Milky Way by the illuminating Susumna to reach the highest planet, Brahmaloka, he goes first to Vaisvanara, the planet of the deity of fire, wherein he becomes completely cleansed of all contaminations
- O Lord, there is no limit to Your wonderful activities. Anyone who desires to know the limit of Your activities is certainly nonsensical. Everyone in this world is conditioned by the powerful mystic potencies
- O spiritually powerful one, you can understand the movements of eternal time, which is the controlling form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because you are a self-realized person, you can see everything by the power of mystic vision
- On account of his being highly elevated in Krsna consciousness, he has already acquired all the good qualities and is following the rules and regulations prescribed for the mystic yogic process
- One devotee, after observing the yawning of another devotee, addressed him thus, "My dear mystic, I think that within your heart there is some ecstatic devotional love which is causing you to yawn"
- One has to become confident about this, and one also has to be confident that all activities other than devotional service - such as mental speculation, fruitive work or mystic endeavor - will never yield any enduring benefit
- One may know at present that Sri Krsna is the friend of everyone, whether he be an ordinary worker, an empiric philosopher, or even a mystic - and what to speak of the transcendentalists who are cent-percent servitors of the Personality of Godhead
- One may take to the system of understanding the Absolute Truth by one's own imperfect sensory speculation, or one may try to realize the self by the mystic yoga process
- One of the mystics approached Krsna and said, "My dear Lord, You are always full with transcendental bliss, excelling all other spiritual positions"
- One who desires to attain to the supreme goal may adopt the systematic mystic path
- One who is not a pure devotee of the Supreme Lord has no good qualifications, however great a mystic, philosopher or fruitive worker he may be
- One who renders loving service to Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, with devotion and austerity, is the greatest of all mystics. Men who undertake austerities motivated by a desire for material results cannot be called yogis or mystics
- Pradyumna immediately counteracted the mystic demonstration occasioned by the airplane of Salva. By the mystic power of the airplane, Salva had created a darkness as dense as night, but Pradyumna all of a sudden appeared like the rising sun
- Preaching the cult of devotional service is something like declaring war against materialistic life. There are different kinds of materialists, such as the fruitive workers, the mental speculators, the mystic jugglers, and so many others
- Sanat-Kumara said, "Others, who are not in Krsna consciousness but are trying to become great mystics or great ritual-performers, cannot advance like the devotees"
- Sati was the wife of Lord Siva, who is known as Yogesvara, the best among all yogis, because he knows all the mystic processes of yoga, so it appeared that Sati also knew them
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "Let the mystic yogis engage in their meditational service, and let the different sects engage in unnecessary arguing as to which is the best"
- Such a mystic becomes so joyful by constant execution of the regulative principles of devotional service that he thereby achieves the special favor of the Supreme Lord. Yamaraja, the mighty superintendent of death, is afraid to go near such a devotee
- Sukadeva Gosvami was a perfect yogi, nothing was hidden from his power of insight. A perfect yogi like Sukadeva Gosvami can see past, present and future in all details. Therefore, from such yogis or mystics nothing can be concealed
- The cleansing of the polluted heart by other methods (like the culture of empiric knowledge or mystic gymnastics) can simply cleanse one's own heart, but devotional service to the Lord is so powerful that it can cleanse the hearts of the people in general
- The dexterity and sacrifice of the devoted worker, the knowledge of the sannyasi (renunciant), the stillness and profound love for Godhead of the mystic - all these qualities are included and coexisting within the qualities of the transcendental worker
- The first process of spiritualizing the mind by mechanical chanting of the pranava (omkara) and by control of the breathing system is technically called the mystic or yogic process of pranayama, or fully controlling the breathing air
- The first purusa incarnation of Govinda, Lord Krsna, known as the Maha-visnu, goes into a yoga-nidra mystic sleep, and the innumerable universes are situated in potency in each and every hair hole of His transcendental body
- The great mystic Maya Danava became aware that the calf and cow were drinking the nectar, and he could understand this to be the unseen power of providence. Thus he spoke to the demons, who were grievously lamenting
- The great mystic Visvamitra Muni, even in the stage of samadhi, became a victim of the senses and cohabited with Menaka. History has already recorded this
- The great workers of distinction, the great philosophers & mystics, the great chanters of the Vedic hymns & the great followers of Vedic principles cannot achieve any fruitful result without dedication of such great qualities to the service of the Lord
- The greatly fortunate Sasabindu, who was a great mystic, possessed fourteen opulences and was the owner of fourteen great jewels. Thus he became the emperor of the world
- The inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka can perform many wonderful mystic demonstrations. In other words, they can exhibit as many wonderful things as one can imagine. The inhabitants of this planet can do whatever they like, or whatever they imagine
- The Lord, while lying on His bed of mystic slumber, generated the seminal symbol, golden in hue, through external energy out of His desire to manifest varieties of living entities from Himself alone
- The merging of the living entity, along with his conditional living tendency, with the mystic lying down of the Maha-Visnu is called the winding up of the cosmic manifestation
- The most elevated and powerful mystic yogi is one who can constantly think of the Supreme Lord within his heart and engage in the loving service of the Lord
- The mystic expansions of Krsna were not perceived by the gopis because Krsna appeared alone to each of them. Each gopi thought that Krsna was dancing with her alone
- The mystic juggler Salva, speaking in this way before Lord Krsna, immediately cut off the head of the false Vasudeva. Then without hesitation he took away the dead body and got into his airplane
- The mystic pigeon always remained heavier (then King Sibi). The King then put himself on the balance to equate with the pigeon, and the demigods were pleased with him
- The mystic tolerates all sorts of tribulations in order to visualize the localized aspect of the Supreme Spirit. In other words, he does not care about what it may take, even if it means meeting with death, to realize his ideal, which has no equal
- The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south reaches the moon planet but again comes back
- The mystic yogis, who practice different types of austerities for attainment of eight kinds of material perfection and who ultimately meet the Supersoul (Paramatma) in trance, are called siddhi-kami
- The mystic, who virtually ceases his various bodily functions according to Patanjali's system of mysticism, tries to attain trance by these systematic modes of meditation and so forth
- The mystics said, "Simply by seeing You (Krsna) from a distant place, I have come to the conclusion that there is no need of my being situated in the transcendental bliss of impersonal Brahman"
- The Nagapatnis said, "Nor do such persons desire to rule the planets above this earth, such as Siddhaloka; nor do they aspire for the mystic powers achieved by the yoga process
- The name of Kapila Muni is significant in this verse because He was the expounder of the Sankhya philosophical system, and His father, Kardama Muni, was a great yogi and mystic
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, although great mystic yogis may have full control over the elephant of the mind and the hurricane of the senses"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Even after much laborious austerity, penance and regulation, they (mystic yogis) achieve the same destination as persons inimical toward You (the Lord)"
- The personified vedas continued, "Unless they (great mystic yogis) take shelter of a bona fide spiritual master they fall victim to the material influence and are never successful in their attempts at self-realization"
- The sannyasi or renouncer relieves himself of all worldly responsibilities in order to free himself for acquiring knowledge relating to the all-pervasive Spirit. The mystic takes similar measures so that he can enhance his meditation
- The transcendentalist who acts only for the satisfaction of the Supreme Person, without being impelled by a motive of self-satisfaction, is actually free from all worldly duties - without the separate effort made by the sannyasis and the mystics
- The yogi tries to suppress his senses, but even great mystics like Visvamitra fail in the attempt
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are many waterfalls, and in the mountains there are many beautiful caves in which the very beautiful wives of the mystics are found
- There are impersonalist philosophers and mystics, however, who by a show of devotional service want ultimately to merge into the existence of the Supreme Lord
- There are many mystics and yogis all over the world, but Krsna is the master of all yoga systems. Krsna's instruction is explicitly stated in Bhagavad-gita - surrender unto Krsna. One who does so is the topmost yogi
- There are many pseudo mystics who undergo severe penances for their own satisfaction, and there are others who undergo severe penances for the satisfaction of the senses of the Lord
- There can be no loss for either the mystic or the karma-yogi in his attempt to perfect transcendental activities. And the gain is always assured, even if the process is only partially completed
- There is no defeat in this material world for persons who control the mind and senses by controlling the breathing process and who are therefore experienced, mature mystics. This is because by such perfection in yoga they have attained your mercy
- There is nothing mystical about getting Gaura Nitai deities for worshiping. The Lord is all powerful and omnipresent, he knows the heart of the devotee and reciprocates with the devotee accordingly
- These transcendental qualities are as follows: 51) changeless; 52) all-cognizant; 53) ever-fresh; 54) sac-cid-ananda (possessing an eternal blissful body); 55) possessing all mystic perfection
- They (imposters) make great artificial endeavors, advertising themselves as great devotees of the Lord or as mystic hypnotists knowledgeable in witchcraft, hypnotism and miracles
- This creation takes place by the glance of the Lord from His bedstead of mystic slumber. And thus all the universes and the lord of the universe, Brahma, are again and again manifested and annihilated
- This material world is a product of the mahat-tattva, which is a state of the Lord's dreaming condition in His yoga-nidra mystic slumber in the Causal Ocean, and yet the whole creation appears to be a factual presentation of His creation
- Those who are not motivated by material results include the empiric philosopher, the mystic pursuing the eightfold mystic perfections, and finally the mystic engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Personality of Godhead
- Those yogis, or mystics, who engage in devotional service are the first-class yogis. The first-class yogis, as described in Bhagavad-gita, are those who are constantly thinking of the Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- Thus practicing constant control of the body, mind and activities, the mystic transcendentalist, his mind regulated, attains to the kingdom of God (or the abode of Krsna) by cessation of material existence
- Unfortunately, many mystic yogis try to meditate on something void, and as is stated in the Gita, the result is that they simply undergo trouble and do not achieve any tangible result
- Uttara said: O Lord of lords, Lord of the universe! You are the greatest of mystics. Please protect me, protect me, for there is no one else who can save me from the clutches of death in this world of duality
- When a great mystic was once awakened from his meditative trance by hearing the vibration of Krsna's Pancajanya conchshell, the mystic became overpowered
- When a mystic is transcendental to all kinds of mental concoctions and is situated in Brahman, his state is called trance beyond the influence of the material conception of life
- When Krsna was just a small baby the gigantic demoness Putana attempted to kill Him, but when He sucked her breast He pulled out her life. That is the difference between the real Godhead and a God manufactured in the mystic factory
- When Lord Krsna, along with His elder brother Balarama and sister Subhadra, came to Kuruksetra in a chariot on the occasion of a solar eclipse, many mystic yogis also came
- When Salva thought that Krsna had been bewildered by his mystic representations, he became encouraged and began to attack the Lord with greater strength and energy by showering volleys of arrows upon Him
- When the celestial beauties saw that the Lord (Nara-Narayana) can produce innumerable beauties by His mystic internal potency, there was consequently no need to be attracted by others externally
- When the great mystic yogi Durvasa deliberately attempted to take the life of Ambarisa, the Lord suitably punished Durvasa, even though he was a powerful yogi who could approach all the demigods and even the Lord Himself
- When the King (Anga) left, it was certain that he was staying somewhere else, but because the citizens did not know how to find him they were frustrated like the less intelligent mystics
- When these mystic yogis saw Lord Krsna and Balarama, they exclaimed that now that they had seen the excellent bodily effulgence of the Lord, they had almost forgotten the pleasure derived from impersonal Brahman realization
- While Bhismadeva was describing occupational duties, the sun's course ran into the northern hemisphere. This period is desired by mystics who die at their will
- While eating, Krsna was thinking, "These boys believe that I have come back within a second, but they do not know that for the last year I have been involved with the mystic activities of Lord Brahma"
- Yayati is the son of Maharaja Nahusa, and he became the emperor of the world due to his elder brother's becoming a great and liberated saintly mystic
- You rascal, You have been nourished by our enemies to kill us, and You have killed some demons by remaining invisible. O fool, Your power is only mystic, so today I shall enliven my kinsmen by killing You
- Yudhisthira continued, "We know very well that the great mystics who always engage in meditation to capture You (Krsna) do not find it easy to obtain such grace, nor can they draw any personal attention from You"