mysteries | mysterious | mysteriously | mystery
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Caitanya Is Mysterous (4 P)
- ► Discovering the Mystery of God (1 P)
- ► God Is A Puzzle for the Common Man (1 P)
- ► Mysteries of God (3 C, 26 P)
- ► Mystery of Devotional Service to God (1 C, 6 P)
- ► Mystery of the Bhagavad-gita (16 P)
- ► Puzzle (74 P)
- ► Secret (18 C, 121 P)
- ► Secret of Devotional Service to God (4 P)
Pages in category "Mystery"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- According to Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, that confidential message must have concerned the mystery of His (God's) departure and the annihilation of His dynasty (the Yadus) after the end of His appearance in the mundane world for one hundred years
- Actually You are speaking through my mouth, and at the same time You are listening. This is very mysterious. Anyway, kindly hear the explanation of the process by which the goal can be attained
- After a mysterious omen, the King (Maharaja Dusmanta) accepted them (Sakuntala and her son Bharata). After Maharaja Dusmanta's death, Bharata, the son of Sakuntala, was enthroned
- All the mysteries of transcendental realization are duly experienced by Narada Muni himself, and therefore by hearing such an authority one can have some idea of the results of devotional life
- Although He (Lord Krsna) is present in every atom, the Supreme Personality of Godhead may not be visible to the dry speculators; still the mystery is unfolded before the eyes of the pure devotees because their eyes are anointed with love of Godhead
- Balarama said to Krsna, You Yourself are playing as the calves & cows & boys. What is the mystery of this situation? Where have those other calves & cows & boys gone? And why are You expanding Yourself as the cows, calves & boys? Will You kindly tell Me
- Balarama said, "Krsna Yourself are playing as the calves and boys. What is the mystery of this situation? Where have those other calves and boys gone? And why are You expanding Yourself as the calves and boys? Will You kindly tell Me what is the cause?"
- Balarama was surprised to see the acts of yogamaya. Therefore He inquired from Krsna, What is happening here? What is this mystery?
- Everything that is mysterious is known to you because you worship the creator and destroyer of the material world and the maintainer of the spiritual world, the original Personality of Godhead, who is transcendental to the three modes of material nature
- Exactly as Krsna appeared in the heart of Devaki through the heart of Vasudeva, so Lord Caitanya appeared in the heart of Sacidevi through the heart of Jagannatha Misra. This is the mystery of the appearance of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Favorable servitors are devotees of the Lord, and by the grace of the Lord they can enter into the mysterious region of transcendence by the mercy of the Lord
- For one who simply makes an academic study of Bhagavad-gita, the science of Krsna remains a mystery. Bhagavad-gita is not a book that one can just purchase from the bookstore and understand by scholarship alone
- Having been asked by Caitanya Mahaprabhu why the goddess of fortune could not enter into the rasa dance whereas the authorities on Vedic knowledge could, Venkata Bhatta replied, "I cannot enter into the mysteries of this behavior"
- He (Krsna) said, "Daruka, please immediately take Me to where Salva is staying. You may know that this Salva is a very powerful, mysterious man. Don't fear him in the least"
- His (Krsna's) uncommon activities like lifting Govardhana Hill, marrying more than sixteen thousand queens at Dvaraka these and innumerable other uncommon acts and attributes are all mysteries
- Impersonalists who depend upon the strength of their poor fund of knowledge and morbid speculative habits cannot penetrate to the mysterious region of transcendence where the Supreme Truth is a transcendental person
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.14.7) there is this prayer by Brahma: O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Supersoul, O master of all mystery, who can calculate Your potency and pastimes in this world? BG 1972 purports
- In the stage of full satisfaction and detachment from the sensory world, one can know the mystery of the science of God with all its confidential intricacies, and not by grammar or academic speculation
- Kamsa had taken birth as Kalanemi, and now he was obliged to kill his own sons. This was a mystery
- Kapila said that the system of Sankhya philosophy was not exactly being introduced by Him; it was already current, but in course of time it was mysteriously lost & therefore He appeared to reintroduce it. That is the purpose of the incarnation of Godhead
- Krsna first appeared before His parents Devaki and Vasudeva in a four-handed form, and then He transformed Himself into the two-handed form. This mystery is very difficult to understand for those who are atheists or who are devoid of DS. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna says, "Please hear attentively what I shall speak to you, for transcendental knowledge about Me is not only scientific but also full of mysteries"
- Material scientists are now attempting to penetrate this mystery, and a day may come when the people of this earth will be able to travel in outer space and see the variegatedness of these millions of planets with their own eyes
- Mother material nature cannot produce any living entity from her material elements unless and until she is impregnated with living entities by the Lord Himself. That is the mystery of the generation of the living entities
- Mystery of the Vaisnava (devotional) cult
- On inquiring he (Vasudeva) was confident that the mystery of Krsna's birth and His being placed in the care of Yasoda was still hidden. There was no danger, since Kamsa at least could not learn what had already happened
- One who is developed in consciousness certainly makes inquiries into the mystery of the self, of the cosmic situation and of the problems of life, in all spheres and fields - social, political, economic, cultural, religious, moral, etc
- One who is not taught by a bona fide spiritual master cannot understand the Vedic literature. To emphasize this point, Krsna clearly said that it was because Arjuna was His devotee and confidential friend that he could understand the mystery of the BG
- One who wants to understand the mystery of revealed scriptures must approach a bona fide spiritual master, hear from him very submissively and render service to him. Then the import of the scriptures will be revealed
- Out of all kinds of perfections attained by the process of knowledge, yoga perfection in devotional service is the highest of all and the most mysterious also, even more mysterious than the eight kinds of mystic perfection
- Pariksit Maharaja wanted to understand the mystery of Balarama's being the son of both Devaki and Rohini
- Persons who are interested only in material activities are unable to understand this spiritual conjugal love, and these devotional reciprocations appear very mysterious to them. Rupa Gosvami therefore describes conjugal love very briefly
- Please hear attentively what I shall speak to you, for transcendental knowledge about Me is not only scientific but full of mysteries
- Real mystery is Krsna consciousness, is in everyone's heart, dormant
- Rukmini continued, "O unlimited one (Krsna), when the activities and endeavors of Your devotees remain a mystery to the common human beings, how can Your motives and endeavors be understood by them"
- Rukmini continued, "Their (Krsna's devotees) aim of life remains a mystery to the common human being; the lowest of mankind can know neither You nor Your servants. A contaminated human being cannot even imagine the pastimes of You and Your devotees"
- She (Draupadi) said to the Lord that the mysterious dish which she had received from the sun-god could supply any amount of food if she herself had not eaten. But on that day she had already taken her meals, and thus they were in danger
- Since the moon is so distant, how space vehicles could go there is a doubtful mystery. Modern scientific calculations are subject to one change after another, and therefore they are uncertain. We have to accept the calculations of the Vedic literature
- That is the subtle mystery of transmigration of the soul from one body to another. Now, if this, this life we purify just like rose, then next life we shall get a body which is full of flavor
- That is the whole mystery of the material creation - the living entities come from God, they are not products of the material nature
- The "mysterious unity" you speak of is devotional service, whereby the eternal part and parcel of God renders loving service in union with Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is not an impersonal or vague thing
- The above description of Radha and Krsna from the diary of Srila Svarupa Damodara Gosvami is a condensed explanation, but one needs great spiritual insight to understand the mystery of these two personalities
- The airplane occupied by Salva was very mysterious. It was so extraordinary that sometimes many airplanes would appear to be in the sky, and sometimes there were apparently none
- The gopis prayed to Krsna, "Dear Krsna, from Your navel emanated the original lotus flower, which is the birthsite of Brahma, the creator. No one can estimate Your glories or Your opulence, which therefore remain always a mystery"
- The kingdom of God is not a myth. Even the material planets, which float over our heads in the millions and billions, are still a mystery to the ignorant
- The knowledge of God imparted in Bhagavad-gita is very subtle and confidential. It is full of jnana, metaphysical wisdom, and vijnana, scientific knowledge. And it is full of mystery also
- The knowledge of the self and Supreme Self is very confidential and mysterious, but such knowledge and specific realization can be understood if explained with their various aspects by the Lord Himself
- The knowledge of the self and the Supreme Self is very confidential and mysterious, being veiled by maya, but such knowledge and specific realization can be understood if it is explained by the Lord Himself. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord and His residential abode will always remain a myth or a mysterious problem, but for the devotees the Lord will always be available as an associate
- The Lord said to Brahma that since He was pleased with him, by His grace the mystery (of transcendental knowledge about Him) was being revealed
- The Lord selected Arjuna as the recipient of this great science owing to his becoming the devotee of the Lord, but for the demon it is not possible to understand this great mysterious science. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord's birth on the face of the earth is certainly very mysterious, & therefore it is difficult for ordinary men to believe in His birth. How can the all-powerful God take birth, seemingly like an ordinary man? The matter is explained in the BG - 4.6
- The meeting of Aniruddha and Usa, which caused a great fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva, is very mysterious and interesting. Maharaja Pariksit was eager to hear the whole story from Sukadeva Gosvami, and thus Sukadeva narrated it
- The mystery of all inquiries regarding self-realization must be put before such a spiritual master, who is directly the representative of the Lord, acknowledged in that disciplic succession because the mystery was disclosed before Brahmaji by the Lord
- The mystery of the sannyasa-danda (staff) of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has been explained by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the order of sannyasa from a Mayavadi sannyasi
- The mystery of this knowledge (In a sense, there is nothing but Sri Krsna, and yet nothing is Sri Krsna save & except His primeval personality) culminates in personal attachment to the Lord, with a resulting effect of detachment from anything - non-Krsna
- The mystery of yogic meditation is explained here (in SB 7.10.39). Real yogis always meditate on the form of Visnu within their hearts
- The queens continued, "Or is it a fact that, just like us, you have been stunned by the mysteriously sweet words of our Lord Syamasundara? Is it a fact that it is because of this severe anxiety that you are so grave?"
- The six Gosvamis were headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami, who was followed by Srila Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Srila Jiva, Gopala Bhatta, & Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. They were all seriously engaged in research and excavation of the mystery of Vrndavana-dhama
- The subject matter of the appearance and disappearance of the Supersoul, Lord Sri Krsna, is a mystery even for the great sages
- The transcendental personal forms of the Lord are a mystery, and the symptoms of these forms, which are absolutely different from anything made of mundane elements, are also mysterious
- The Vedanta-sutra philosophy begins with this (mystery of the self) inquiry about life, and the Bhagavatam answers such inquiries up to this point, or the mystery of all inquiries
- The wonderful feelings of the gopis in ecstatic parama-rasa with Krsna constitute the greatest mystery in spiritual life - CC Adi 17.281
- The wonderful feelings of the gopis in ecstatic parama-rasa with Krsna constitute the greatest mystery in spiritual life - CC Madhya 9.150
- There is a great controversy amongst the nondevotees or Mayavadis about the mysterious disappearance of the Lord, and the doubts of those men with a poor fund of knowledge have been very elaborately cleared by Srila Jiva Gosvami in his Krsna-sandarbha
- There is a mystery about all the different activities of sacrifice, and one should know this mystery. Sacrifices sometimes take different forms according to the particular faith of the performer. BG 1972 purports
- This mysterious history of Vidura (he is Vyasadeva's son) was known to Maitreya Muni because he happened to be a contemporary friend of Vyasadeva's
- This vision is the real mystery of spiritual knowledge
- Those who are hearing about the existence of soul, some of us also in amazement. It is a mysterious thing
- Those who have no information of pure devotional service cannot penetrate into the mystery of such (dealings of Krsna and Bhismadeva) dealings
- To a gross materialist this kingdom of God, Vaikuntha, is certainly a mystery. But to an ignorant man everything is a mystery for want of sufficient knowledge
- Vasudeva continued, "Who, therefore, can understand Your (Krsna's) pastimes or the mystery of Your appearance and disappearance? Our only business should be to glorify Your supreme greatness"
- Vasudeva knew that Yasoda had given birth to a female child, whom he had stolen and replaced with a male child. This was a great mystery, and Vasudeva wanted to determine whether this mystery was already known to Nanda Maharaja
- What about the brahmana?- Narada asked. "He will have to remain there for a number of births. I do not know when he is coming." Narada Muni was astonished, and he finally said, "I can't understand the mystery of this." "That you will see," Narayana said
- Whatever doubts I have about a particular subject matter I shall ask you about later. For the time being, these mysterious yoga instructions you have given me for self-realization appear very difficult to understand
- When everyone was informed of the mysterious disappearance of Pradyumna and how he had grown up, they were all struck with wonder because they had gotten back their dead son after they were almost hopeless of his return
- When the living being desires to be an enjoyer of material energy (illusory phenomena), the Lord covers the living being in the mystery of forgetfulness, and thus the living being misinterprets the gross body and subtle mind to be his own self
- Whether the Vedic calculations or modern ones are better may remain a mystery for others, but as far as we are concerned, we accept the Vedic calculations to be correct
- Who can estimate where, how and when You are employing Your spiritual energy and performing Your pastimes? No one can understand the mystery of these activities
- Whoever carefully recites the mysterious appearances of the Lord, with devotion in the morning and in the evening, gets relief from all miseries of life
- With limited knowledge, they (mental speculators) are unable to penetrate into the mysterious region of transcendence
- Within a few moments, a mysterious, unknown man came before Lord Krsna. Crying loudly, he bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet and said to Him
- Without submission and service in the forms of hearing, chanting and the others mentioned above (in CC Adi 1.52), impersonalists cannot penetrate to the mysterious region of transcendence where the Supreme Truth is a transcendental person