Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Much"
The following 250 pages are in this category, out of 250 total.
- A brahmana may receive much opulence from his disciples, he should not utilize the rewards of his priesthood for his personal benefit; he must use them for the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A devotee does not attach much importance to the pains and trouble pertaining to the body because he knows perfectly well that he is not the material body
- A devotee is not much interested in the universal form, for it does not enable one to reciprocate loving feelings
- A person who has no information of the spirit soul is very much attached to his material body, so much so that even in old age he wants to preserve the body in so many artificial ways, thinking that his old and broken body can be saved
- According to his position and the time and circumstances, Vrtrasura, the hero among heroes, spoke words that were much to be appreciated by thoughtful men
- According to the Vedic system, if someone sees a Muslim he must perform rituals to atone for the meeting. Sanatana Gosvami always associated with Muslim kings. Not giving much attention to the Vedic injunctions, he used to visit the houses of Muslim kings
- Actually bodily I am not getting much strength, but spiritually I am getting much strength because my spiritual children are growing in spiritual strength. That is my strength
- After hearing Jarasandha speak in that way, Krsna answered, 'My dear King Jarasandha, heroes do not talk much. Rather, they show their prowess. Because you are talking a great deal, it appears that you are assured of your death in this battle"
- After much consideration, I (the King of the Yavanas) have arrived at a husband for you (Kalakanya). Actually, as far as everyone is concerned, you are inauspicious and mischievous. Since no one likes you, how can anyone accept you as his wife?
- After much deliberation and consideration, when one has attained the perfection of knowledge, one comes to the conclusion that Krsna, or God, is the original cause of all causes
- After much singing, all four sankirtana parties grew fatigued, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love increased twofold
- After returning to his residence, Dabira Khasa and his brother decided after much consideration to go see the Lord (Caitanya) incognito
- After telling them this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu showed them the broken silken ropes, saying, "Just look at this sample. You must make ropes that are much stronger"
- Agni knew that Krsna was very much pleased with him because he had formerly given Him the Sudarsana disc. So in order to satisfy Agni, Krsna became the chariot driver of Arjuna, and both went to the Khandava forest
- Akrura could understand very well that ill-motivated Dhrtarastra was much inclined in favor of his own sons. In fact, Dhrtarastra had already usurped the kingdom and was now intriguing to dispose of the five Pandava brothers
- Although He is the Personality of Godhead and is transcendental to all material attachment, He nevertheless exhibited much attachment for His pure devotees on the earth, as well as for the demigods who engage in His service
- Although I (Bilvamangala Thakur) was also initiated into that path of Brahman realization, I have now become misled by a naughty boy - one who is very cunning, who is very much attached to the gopis and who has made me His maidservant
- Although in the order of householder life, he (Srutadeva) never took great pains to earn anything for his livelihood; he was satisfied with whatever he could achieve without much endeavor, and somehow or other he lived in that way
- Although junior by age, Uddhava was much advanced in the devotional service of the Lord, and therefore he is described herein as the chief amongst the devotees of the Lord
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- Although Srila Suta Gosvami was a preacher of the first order, he did not bother much about the metrical pronunciation of the Vedic mantras. But that does not mean that Srimad-Bhagavatam is of less importance than the Vedic mantras
- Although the residents of Vrndavana did not know much about Krsna, their love for Him was beyond comparison
- Although there is no GBC man for Far East for addressing your questions, still, as I am now old man and inclined for philosophy and translating, I am asking my disciples to kindly give me some relief from so much administrative work and asking questions
- And people are recognized I am great. Don't make me small. I'll not give you much trouble, but I am now invalid. What can I do?
- Anyone can experience. The body is active so long the soul is there. It doesn't require much intelligence. Simply one can understand what is the difference between the dead body and the living body
- Anyone who has taken birth in India, that is special facility. In their previous birth, they had performed many austerities, much austerities. Even the demigods, they desire also to take birth in India to get this opportunity
- Arjuna was able to discuss the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita even on the battlefield of Kuruksetra. We modern men have no time to get into the details of the philosophy of Bhagavad-gita, even in the midst of our much more ordinary daily duties
- As declared in Bhagavad-gita, the Lord appears in the mortal world to execute His much-needed mission of killing the miscreants and giving protection to the suffering faithful
- As we are fallen, Krsna is also as much liberal also, this age. So if we still, you do not take advantage, then how much unfortunate we are, we can consider
- At present we do not possess any information of this eternal life, although we have much pride, even vanity, about our material knowledge
- At that time all the inhabitants of Vrndavana began to pray to Lord Krsna. "Dear Krsna," they prayed, "You are all-powerful, and You are very affectionate to Your devotees. Now please protect us, who have been much harassed by angry Indra"
- Be master of something. It doesn't differ. Either you follow Lord Jesus Christ or Lord Buddha or Krsna, it doesn't matter much. But do it perfectly. That is our request
- Because of the influence of Kali-yuga, there is much rasabhasa in the name of extravagance and liberal-mindedness. Such fanaticism is not very much appreciated by pure devotees
- Because we are doing Krishna's business does not mean that we should be less careful, but it means we should be much more careful than someone who is performing activities simply for sense gratification. So instruct the boys in that way
- Being captivated by the activities of their offspring, they (parents) take much care for their well-being. As for Vasudeva and Devaki, they were always anxious for the protection of their sons, Krsna and Balarama
- Being distressed by hunger and thirst was only a show, because the King (Pariksit) endured much, even in the womb of his mother. He was never disturbed by the glaring heat of the brahmastra released by Asvatthama
- Bhagavan Acarya took his brother to meet Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but the Lord, knowing that Gopala Bhattacarya was a Mayavadi philosopher, could not get much happiness from meeting him
- Brahma and other demigods have much better material bodies than human beings, yet the demigods, including Brahma, nevertheless desire to attain the human form of life because...
- Brahma and Siva are bhutas, or powerful created demigods who manage universal affairs, much like ministers appointed by a king. The ministers may be isvaras, or controllers, but the Supreme Lord is mahesvara, or the creator of the controllers
- But Krsna replied, "My dear father, don't delay. The sacrifice you propose for Govardhana and the local brahmanas will take much time"
- By placing King Pariksit in an awkward position, the incarnation of Srimad-Bhagavatam was created by the will of the Lord. Being distressed by hunger and thirst was only a show, because the King endured much, even in the womb of his mother
- Caitanya continues, "With great trouble and after much labor, Madhavendra Puri brought the load of sandalwood to Remuna. However, he was still very pleased; he discounted all the difficulties"
- Caitanya says, "In the provinces of India governed by the Muslims, there was much inconvenience in traveling with sandalwood and camphor. Because of this, Madhavendra Puri might have gotten into trouble. This became known to the Gopala Deity"
- Certainly we are opposed to abortion, and we can advise that it is not good, but do not take an active part in this political agitation against abortion. We are not much concerned in that way, so do not waste time approaching politicians
- Chanting sixteen rounds does not take much time, nor is offering respects to the tulasi plant difficult. The process has immense spiritual potency. One should not miss this opportunity
- Devahuti had spent a long time in the hermitage, not taking much care of her body. She was covered with dirt, and her clothing was not very nice
- Devaki was very much afraid of her brother Kamsa because he had already killed so many of her children. So she was very anxious about Krsna
- Dharma is to abide by the orders of Krsna. And if we do that then we become qualified to go back to home, back to Godhead. Very simple thing. It doesn't require much education. Simply it requires a purified mind, that "I shall execute it honestly"
- Dhrtarastra's affection was also unlawful and did not show much intelligence. In plain words, Akrura hinted to Dhrtarastra that his staunch family affection was due to his gross ignorance of fact or his blindness to moral principles
- Distribute all the books, and print more, and in this way, Krishna is the husband of the Goddess of Fortune, you will get as much money and as many big buildings as you need for spreading Krishna Consciousness movement
- Each thought only of killing the other, and they (Bhimasena and Duryodhana) did not give much importance to the instruction of Lord Balarama
- Easiest way to please Krsna... You don't require much money, much education, and nothing of the sort. Simply you require your heart
- Either chant Hare Krsna or read books. And when you are hungry, you take little prasadam. Don't take much. Then you will sleep more. Take as little as possible. Then you will also sleep
- Even after much meditation and speculation, if one continues to think himself one with the Supreme Lord, it is to be understood that he is still in the last snares of the spell of maya
- Even after much prayer, the demigods themselves cannot obtain even a small portion of the remnants of such food. Just imagine the pride of those remnants
- Even if a materialist wants to enjoy developed material facilities, he can transfer himself to planets where he can experience material pleasures much more advanced than those available on earth
- Even still in India, you'll find this satisfaction by Krsna consciousness. A poor man, practically very meager income, but he's satisfied. He's satisfied in this way: he thinks, "Krsna has given me this much. I must be satisfied
- Even though all the devotees collected dirt in one pile, the dirt collected by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was much greater
- Evil spirits, who cause persons to forget their own existence and give trouble to the life airs and the senses. Sometimes they appear in dreams and cause much perturbation; sometimes they appear as old women and suck the blood of small children
- Falsely puffed up by the ill advice of his friend, Rukmi did not give much importance to the oracle, and he began to criticize Balaramaji
- Finally Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Who are you? You have done so much for Me. All of a sudden you have come here and made Me drink the nectar of the pastimes of Lord Krsna"
- For one who is in the renounced order of life, this is (be allured by the glamor of the householder's worldly possessions) much more dangerous than drinking poison and committing suicide
- Gathered on the face of a mountain, a cloud does not move very much, and therefore the force of rain is much more severe on a mountain than anywhere else
- Generally I don't have much faith in these politicians. They are no more interested for the welfare of the citizens. Simply they want some votes to exploit others. But let us see what can be done
- Generally Westerners are addicted to meat-eating, drinking, gambling and illicit sex; therefore their taking up Krsna consciousness is astonishing. In India, especially, there is much astonishment at this
- Gopis said, "Some of them cut jokes with Him in mild voices and please Him very much by this." For example, Krsna had one brahmana friend whose name was Madhumangala. This boy would joke by playing the part of a greedy brahmana
- He (Dvivida) became captivated by the beauty of Balarama's body, whose every feature was very beautiful, decorated as He was with a garland of lotus flowers. Similarly, all the young girls present, dressed & garlanded with flowers, exhibited much beauty
- He (Krsna) is exactly like a well wishing father who does not give much wealth into the hand of his immature son, but who, when the son is grown up and knows how to spend money, gives him the whole treasury house
- He (Yudhisthira) has always invited the heavenly King, Indra, to take part in the yajnas (sacrifices). Because King Indra was thus absent so often from Sacidevi, she had to pass much of her time pining over Indra's absence, with her cheeks upon her hands
- Here (in London), the daughter of Malati, Sarasvati, is giving us much pleasure in her Krishna Consciousness activities. She is so nice that as soon as there is chanting sound of kirtana immediately she begins to dance and clap
- Hindu religion has no philosophy, therefore it has died because in this age people have become very much hardened by material living and they are not much interested in sentimental religions like Hinduism. Sentiments are temporary and they always dry up
- However much the foolish mundaners may bewilder themselves by the conception of lordship over their various actions, they are always being driven under the direction of the modes of nature - that is the considered verdict of Sri Krsna
- I am just trying to make spiritual method as much practical as any other material cures with greater and persisting effect
- I am not much fond of the idea of changing things to accommodate the public. Better to change the public to accommodate us. Therefore I suggest wherever there is Sanskrit used, there should be English spelling in brackets
- I am so much glad that you have again come to our camp after some time being mislead by Maya. You should take severe warning from this incident and not treat the matter as very light
- I am so much grieved to learn the news of our revered god-brother, Swami Bhakti Sadhak Niskincana Maharaja, and I am so glad to learn that he passed away in full sense chanting "Krishna, Krishna". This is a glorious death
- I am trying my level best to reopen the business but still it will take minimum one week to come to the normal condition. I am awfully stranded and put to much shame. Will you kindly help me as you have done so many times?
- I am very much encouraged to learn that things are going on there very nicely specifically in the printing department which is now the most important department in our Society
- I am very much encouraged to learn that your kirtana is going to be held at Oxford University, which is the most important university in the world
- I am very much pleased that the Deities are worshiped so nicely and as this continues, the children there will become more and more purified
- I am very much pleased to hear that your German BTG distribution has gone up to 50,000 last issue, and I very much approve of your ideas for improving it more and more
- I can see that you are very nicely taking care of the Deities, and this is much appreciated by me
- I got the opportunity to read your nice book "Hare Krishna and the Counterculture" with profound interest. I am also very much obliged to you as you have shown to me so much mercy, even by illustrating my photograph instead of your goodness
- I have got some reports that the deities in Bombay are being much neglected. This is most abominable affair. Radha and Krishna should not ever be neglected or left unprotected
- I have read it, and am glad that you have understood the matter so thoroughly, and have now substantiated your conclusions with so much scriptural proof. Actually, that is our method of preaching, simply to repeat the message as it is
- I have received all our new publications & I am very much pleased with them. I can see from "Purusa-sukta Confirmed" that our printing has very much improved, especially the color cover, and if it continues to improve in this way it will be a great credit
- I have traveled all over the world - Africa, Australia, and other, in America also. There are so much land vacant that if we produce food grains, then we can feed ten times as much population as at the present moment
- I lost my mother when I was only 14 years old. So I didn't get much of my mother's affection in my childhood. But in my old age, Krishna has given me so many young mothers to take care of me
- I offer ten million obeisances unto the lotus feet of Sri Ramananda Raya because from his mouth much spiritual information has been expanded by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- I shall be much pleased if you kindly introduce to me some good presses who can take up the work. To print my books in U.S.A. is five to ten times more expensive than in India. I therefore want to get the books printed in a first class press in India
- I think the Vedic concept of socialism or communism will much improve the idea of communism
- I understand that you are proposing for delivering children. That is not a Sannyasi's business. You should not bother about it. A Sannyasi should not much bother about family affairs
- I was very much perturbed when I received your letter of Nov. 7, 1968, and I prayed to Krishna that He may put His merciful glance upon you
- I was very much shocked when I learned from Tamala Krsna Maharaja that you have left our company and were living outside. Anyway, I was always thinking of you and your letter of Jan. 26, 1974 gives me much relief
- If it is not possible for Tulasi to survive the winters when planted in the ground, then a suitable house should be provided for her. Even in the Canadian temples which are in a much colder climate are keeping Tulasi nicely
- If Krsna's enemies could get freed from material contamination and become one with the Supreme, then certainly His dear friends like the gopis can achieve such freedom and much more
- If Krsna's enemies could get freed from material contamination and become one with the Supreme, then certainly His dear friends like the gopis can achieve such freedom and much more. Besides that, in the Bhagavad-gita Krsna is called Hrsikesa
- If one is engaged in the advancement of spiritual knowledge, there will be so many insults and much dishonor from others. This is expected because material nature is so constituted
- If the material desires of an individual are unfulfilled, he certainly becomes depressed, but when the mass of people remain dissatisfied, the distress is much greater and gives rise to social conflict
- If there is forcing us to stop this sankirtana movement, that much we must protest
- If you can introduce this Govardhana puja, I have no objection, but it requires hard labor, good management and much money also. But the process is bona fide
- In India it is said that a little bit of a pure thing is much better than huge volumes of impure, adulterated things
- In other words, a devotee does not much care whether or not he is liberated; he is eager only for devotional service. Devotional service means that one does not do anything independently of the sanction of the acaryas
- In spite of this divine voice (voice from sky), Rukmi insisted that Balarama had lost, and by his persistence it appeared that he had death upon his head. Falsely puffed up by the ill advice of his friend, he did not give much importance to the oracle
- In the Padyavali there is the following statement: "My dear friend, Krsna's residence in the demonic circle at Mathura, under the supremacy of the King of demons, Kamsa, is causing me much worry"
- In this age the duration of the material body of the people in general is much reduced, and so is the memory
- In this way, Svarupa Damodara made some bedding and a pillow, and after much endeavor by the devotees, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted them
- In Vedic literature we can receive much information about all the planets, and we can believe it or not believe it. All of the important planets are described in Vedic literatures, especially Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In your country there is great need for Krsna consciousness. They are not after economic development. They have seen much of economic development. Now it is time for them to take to this Krsna consciousness and they will be happy
- ISKCON, International Society for Krishna, we have already opened a Gurukul in Dallas, Texas. There is much progress in that
- It is not a fact that we can see everything as it is simply by applying our ocular power to it. Every morning when the sun rises, we see this vast mass of matter as if it were just a small disc. Of course, the sun is much larger
- Janamejaya was much affected by his great father's (Pariksit's) untimely death and was very anxious to see him again, and he expressed his desire before the great sage Vyasadeva
- Just today I have received your nice gift package of sweater, scarf, socks and incense. They are all very nice and I much appreciate your kind thoughts of me in this connection
- Kasi Misra and Tulasi, the superintendent of the temple, brought as much prasadam as five hundred men could eat. Seeing the large quantity of prasadam, which consisted of rice, cakes, sweet rice and a variety of vegetables, Caitanya was very satisfied
- King Yudhisthira, who was much aggrieved, could not be convinced, despite instructions by great sages headed by Vyasa and the Lord Krsna Himself, the performer of superhuman feats, and despite all historical evidence
- Kriya-yoga is a system of practice much like practical devotional service, but it is especially meant for the mystic yogis. In other words, by this gradual process, the mystic yogis are eventually elevated to the devotional service of the Lord
- Krsna consciousness movement will transform these uncivilized men to real civilization. Their civilization is now compact in masonry work, collecting stones and bricks and piling them. This much, their civilization
- Krsna consulted many learned astrologers to find the suitable moment at which to marry Kalindi, and then He married her with great pomp. This marriage ceremony gave much pleasure to the relatives of both parties, and all of them enjoyed the great occasion
- Krsna continued, "First of all, you (Rukmini) may know that I was so much afraid of Jarasandha that I could not dare live on the land, and thus I have constructed this house within the water of the sea"
- Krsna is giving. I never thought my books will be sold as much. I never... Neither in the history of human society religious books sell six lakhs of rupees daily
- Krsna replied, "Foolish Salva, you are talking nonsensically. You do not know that the moment of death is already upon your head. Actual heroes do not talk much. They prove their prowess by practical exhibition of chivalrous activities"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, persons who simply reciprocate the loving dealings of the other party are just like merchants. They give in loving affairs as much as they get from the other party. Practically there is no question of love"
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja has herein (Caitanya-caritamrta) presented much authentic evidence from Srimad-Bhagavatam and other scriptures to substantiate the identity of Lord Caitanya with Sri Krsna Himself
- Learned men do give much stress to the happiness and distress of the soul proper, which is spirit and transcends the existence of the body and the mind. When we enter into such culture of knowledge, it is called transcendental knowledge
- Lord Caitanya introduced this chanting of the holy name of Krsna in this age, thus making liberation much more easily obtainable than in other ages
- Lord Krsna was very much pleased when passing through the Vrndavana forest by the site of Govardhana Hill. On the bank of the Yamuna He saw all the trees decorated with beehives pouring honey
- Man-made satellites and mechanical space vehicles will never be able to carry human beings to the planets of outer space. Men cannot even go on their much-advertised trips to the moon
- Meanwhile, traveling very quickly, Jagadananda Pandita soon arrived in Jagannatha Puri, much to the joy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees
- Men are puffed up with the idea of becoming God Himself, though unable to create a hair of their own bodies. Man may discover so many wonderful vehicles of journey, but even if he reaches the moon by his much advertised spacecraft, he cannot remain there
- Much mercy was thus bestowed upon Sri Rupa Gosvami, and I have briefly described all those topics
- Mundaners themselves have posed as Krsna, under the false inducement of the illusory energy. This false position of supreme enjoyer gives them much trouble as they search for lordship over the powers of nature
- My health is improving a very little. The house that we have been given is the best in Risikesh. It is very nice and the climate is much better than Bombay's. Many persons are coming in the afternoons for darsana
- Na dharmam nadharmam sruti-gana-niruktam kila kuru: one should not be much interested in performing Vedic rituals or simply following rules and regulations
- Narada Muni saw that a deer was lying on the path through the forest and that it was pierced by an arrow. It had broken legs and was twisting due to much pain
- Narada's proposal that Lord Krsna go to Hastinapura for Maharaja Yudhisthira's great Rajasuya sacrifice did not much appeal to them because they (Krsna & His associates) were seriously considering this (how to attack the kingdom of Jarasandha) subject
- Now I am feeling more and more inclined for philosophy, so I want to sit down here in Los Angeles and translate my Srimad-Bhagavatam without much interruption
- Now there is a crowd of people here, and these invitations are causing much disturbance. In addition, the Lord is always ecstatic and emotional. I do not find the situation here very good
- Now you all GBC make a plan how to introduce the books in every home. The same policy in other languages also. We have got much work ahead. Don't think our business is finished
- O my Lord, let me say this much. As far as Your opulences are concerned, they are all beyond the reach of my mind, body and words
- O my Lord, there is no limit to the unwanted orders of lusty desires. Although I have rendered these desires so much service, they have not shown any mercy to me. I have not been ashamed to serve them, nor have I even desired to give them up
- Of course, the sun is much larger than the earth on which we live, and thus every morning of every day our self-reliant ocular vanity is put to the test and reduced to absurdity
- On some planets the duration of life is much longer than on this earth, but death is there. Those who are Krsna conscious, however, transcend this material life of birth, death, disease and old age
- On the refusal of the sons to obey the order of their father, there was much anger generated in the mind of Brahma, which he tried to control and not express
- One goes through much endeavor to increase and maintain his possessions, and he suffers great unhappiness when he loses them
- One need not go into the forest in a secluded place to try to make spiritual advancement. Much better idea is that one associate with devotees in the Krishna Consciousness Centres; this will bring better spiritual results than living in the forest
- One sometimes, after practicing much severe austerities and penances, he can approach the Brahman, param padam, that is Brahman realization, or Brahmaloka. Patanty adhah. But from there also you will fall down
- One thing is that at least in Bengal they do not require much information because this Caitanya Movement is their movement. It is simply a plea
- Others say that the world, being overburdened like a boat at sea, is much aggrieved, and that Brahma, who is Your son, prayed for You (Krsna), and so You have appeared to diminish the trouble
- Others, who are pacified by means of transcendental self-realization and have conquered over the modes of nature by dint of strong power and knowledge, also enter into You, but for them there is much pain
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami knew much about the external and internal features of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya, because he was an assistant to Svarupa Damodara. Thus the two brothers Rupa and Sanatana always used to hear of this from him
- Regarding Bhuvanesvara temple, whatever you have said is alright, but we have received estimate much less than that of yours
- Regarding Sriman Hayagriva Dasa; it is our duty to rectify him. To create a devotee takes much labor and to reject him in a minute is not to our credit so please try to do the needful in this regard
- Residents of Vaikuntha have brilliantly black complexions much more fascinating and attractive than the dull white and black complexions found in the material world
- Rich men get the opportunity that they haven't got to think over much about the maintenance of the body and soul together. Ordinary men, they have to seek how to earn the bread. Problem of bread is there
- Sanatana Gosvami continued, "Previously I have done much for you. Now I am in difficulty. Please return my goodwill by releasing me"
- Seeing such a misleading creation as a sinful task, Brahma did not feel much pleasure in his activity, and therefore he purified himself by meditation on the Personality of Godhead. Then he began another term of creation
- She wondered, 'Why did Lord Jagannatha give up so much opulence and go to Vrndavana?' To make Him a laughingstock, the goddess of fortune made arrangements for much decoration
- Since his service here in India is valuable as GBC (Governing Body Commissioner) for our branch in Mayapur, International Society for Krishna Consciousness, kindly give him visa. Your willing assistance in this matter will be much helpful
- Since Krsna is prepared to give Himself personally to His devotee, there is nothing wonderful in giving some material riches. Of course, He does not give much material wealth to His devotee if the devotee is not very much fixed
- Some of our so-called devotees, they criticize me that I have limited only sixteen rounds. No, why sixteen rounds? You can make three hundred rounds, but minimum, minimum sixteen rounds, because we are not accustomed to devote much time
- Sravanam Kirtanam. This is the process. It is beneficial for the recitor as well as the hearer. Also, book distribution is a very important program and you should give much attention to developing it
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I received much pleasure from the talks of Ramananda Raya." The Bhattacarya replied, "For this reason I requested that You meet him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not give much importance to the Vedic system of varnasrama which is very important for mundane people because Krishna Consciousness is above everything
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "There may be much milk in a big pot, but if it is contaminated by a drop of liquor, it is untouchable"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu traveled all over Vrndavana and pleased all living entities, moving and nonmoving, with His glances. The Lord took much personal pleasure in seeing everyone. In this way Lord Gauranga traveled in Vrndavana
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given much stress to Radha-kunda because of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's desire to find it. Who, then, would give up Radha-kunda and try to reside elsewhere? No person with transcendental intelligence would do so
- Srimad-Bhagavatam gives much information which may not tally with our present experience
- Srimati Radharani continued, "You poor messenger, you are only a less intelligent servant. You do not know much about Krsna, how ungrateful and hardhearted He has been, not only in this life but in His previous lives also"
- Subuddhi Raya and Sanatana Gosvami had known each other before accepting the renounced order. Therefore Subuddhi Raya showed much affection to Sanatana Gosvami, but Sanatana Gosvami hesitated to accept his sentiments and affections
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O best of the advanced Aryans, after saying this much to the sons of Prajapati Daksa, Narada Muni, whose merciful glance never goes in vain, left as he had planned
- That pure yoga means love of Godhead: "Krsna is my Lord; I am Krsna's servant" this much understanding, that "I am eternal servant of Krsna, so my life is for Krsna. Therefore all my activities should be simply directed for the benefit of Krsna"
- The best lawyer gives evidence from the past judgment of the court without taking much trouble to establish his case. This is called the parampara system, and learned authorities follow it without manufacturing rubbish interpretations
- The bug and the king, they are on the same throne, but the bug and the king, much difference. Sitting on the same throne does not mean that they have become equal. Why? Due to the constitutional position
- The concept of European, American, or Indian is based on the bodily platform. So long one is under the impression that he is this body, he cannot make much progress in this movement
- The conclusion is that the Mayavadi philosophers are actually atheists. There was much discussion on this issue between Sarvabhauma and Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but despite all his endeavors, the Bhattacarya was defeated in the end
- The cows especially, being much aggrieved from the heavy rain, bowed down their heads, and taking their calves underneath their bodies, they approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead to take shelter of His lotus feet
- The effects of war or pitched upheavals touch the body only and not the soul, much as the effects of a sumptuous feast touch the hunger of the stomach only and not that of the mind
- The elephants, feeling much pain from Garuda's attack on them, all dispersed from the battlefield. Bhaumasura alone remained on the battlefield, and he engaged himself in fighting with Krsna
- The gopis then addressed the tulasi plants: "Dear tulasi, you are much beloved by Lord Krsna because your leaves are always at His lotus feet"
- The great Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is considered to be the book incarnation of the Lord gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- The inhabitants of the village brought to the Deity of Gopala as much food grains, ghee, yogurt and milk as they had in their village
- The karmis, who are much attracted by the fruitive activities of the Vedic rituals, are called bhukti-kami, or those who desire material enjoyment
- The King asked, "Have you submitted my petition to the Lord?" Sarvabhauma replied, "Yes, with much endeavor I have tried my best"
- The leader of the elephants, whose leg was attacked in a river by a crocodile of superior strength, was much aggrieved
- The Lord was much pleased with Narada Muni, and therefore the necessary strength was invested in him so that he could hear the Lord
- The material world is full of envious people. Even within one's inner circle there is much backbiting, and this is compared to the sound vibration of a cricket in the forest. One cannot see the cricket, but one hears its sounds and thus becomes aggrieved
- The materialist is called yosit-sangi, or one who is much attached to material entanglement (women and other paraphernalia)
- The mild wind blowing through the gardens of fruits and flowers in Vrndavana appeared very much pleasing to all - all but the gopis, who were always overtaken by heartfelt sorrow in the absence of Krsna
- The much advertised bliss of brahmananda is like a fig for the devotee who is in the midst of the transcendental ocean of bliss
- The personified Vedas continued, "Even after much laborious austerity, penance and regulation, they (mystic yogis) achieve the same destination as persons inimical toward You (the Lord)"
- The position of the sahajiyas is far better than that of the Mayavadi sannyasis. Although the sahajiyas do not think much of Vedic knowledge, they nonetheless have accepted Lord Krsna as the Supreme Lord
- The sun is much larger than the earth on which we live, and thus every morning of every day our self-reliant ocular vanity is put to the test and reduced to absurdity
- The system of worshiping Krsna by offering flowers from a tree is also beneficial for the living entity who is confined to the bodily existence of that tree. When flowers and fruits are offered to Krsna, the tree that bore them also receives much benefit
- The whole substance (of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu) is creamed (in The Nectar of Devotion). You should take advantage of this. And don't indulge in much unnecessary talks. Time should be very properly utilized
- The young girls, however, were not so much intoxicated as the demigods (Nalakuvara and Manigriva), and they at once became ashamed at being naked before the great sage Narada. They began to cover themselves with all haste
- There are many sages who are expert in performing austerities; there are many men who give much in charity; there are many famous men, scholars and thinkers, and there are those who are very expert in reciting Vedic hymns
- There is a type of spiritual master and disciple much advertised in this age of Kali. It is said that the master injects spiritual force into the disciple by an electrical current generated by the master, and the disciple begins to feel the shock
- There is much advancement of material science all over the world, but regrettably, these advanced scientists have made no attempt to understand the living spark, the spirit, which is always the most important subject
- There is much potential for selling these issues to the many people who are gradually taking more & more interest in our movement, & please organize your sales there to increase at a steady rate
- Therefore you should be kind towards me by showing me complete mercy. I desire to have sons, and I am much distressed by seeing the opulence of my co-wives. By performing this act, you will become happy
- These transcendental literature, we have taken much pain to translate them into English so that you can understand. We have got fifty books. So take advantage
- They (Nalakuvara and Manigriva) drank much and engaged in hearing the sweet singing of the beautiful women who accompanied them in that garden of fragrant flowers
- They (the cowherd boys) immediately approached Krsna and Balarama and said, "Dear Krsna and Balarama, You are both all-powerful; You can kill many, many demons, but today we are much afflicted with hunger, and this is disturbing us"
- They (the gopis) were actually experiencing the supernatural method of Krsna worship and were much relieved by understanding that Krsna was not away from them but always with them
- They are creating a great commotion about reaching the closest celestial body, Candraloka, or the moon, but even after much mechanical research they have only very scanty information of this moon
- They have simplified their life. And gradually develop, make little cottages, and grow little vegetable, little barley or wheat and milk. That is sufficient. We don't require much. We don't want luxury. We want just to subsist
- They should not be proud that "I am brahmana." No. As you are required, as much, the sudra is also required. It is not that only the brahmanas are required
- This book incarnation of the Lord (the Srimad-Bhagavatam) gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- This conclusion of rasa is extremely deep. Only Svarupa Damodara knows much about it
- This good news gave much pleasure to mother Saci, as well as to all the devotees of Navadvipa, headed by Srivasa Thakura
- This is very much disturbing to me & has caused me much pain. Please therefore stop Kirtanananda from making his mental concoctions. Do not be misled by him. I have never advised him to act like that
- This much food is sufficient to satisfy ten or twelve men, but this sannyasi alone is eating so much
- Those who are animal-killers and animal-eaters, they cannot understand finer philosophical matter. Their brain is gross. Therefore they are much inclined to mechanical way of life
- Those who are much inclined to the formless conception of the Supreme Truth are more troubled than those who can intelligently conceive of the personal form
- Those who are truly learned do not give much importance to this material body and mind, or to the happiness and distress that pertain only to the material body and mind
- To celebrate the Rasa Lila Ceremony decorate the Deities very nicely with flowers; as many as possible, ornaments, garlands, nice light demonstration, and much distribution of Prasadam
- To deny an offering that has come of itself is not commendable even for one absolutely free from all attachment, much less one addicted to sensual pleasure
- To develop a farm community such as the one you are doing, it requires much hard work and endurance
- Today it has become a much advertised fashion for a woman to go almost naked, covering the lower part of her body only slightly, in order to draw the attention of a man to her private parts for sexual enjoyment
- Under illusion people think that material opulence will save them, but although there has been much advancement in material science, the problems of human society - birth, death, old age and disease - are still unsolved
- Unless one is very much advanced in knowledge, one thinks his body to be his self, his family members to be his own, and the land of his birth to be worshipable
- Unless the people of the world take to Krsna consciousness, there will be a scarcity of food and much suffering
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- Vaisnavas, they are the best friend of the society, best friend, Vaisnava. The Vaisnava is always thinking how to deliver these fallen souls who are so much captivated with this false philosophy of hedonism - "Eat, drink, be merry and enjoy"
- Vidura was already perfect due to his unalloyed devotion to the infallible Lord. The Lord and the living entities are all qualitatively the same by nature, but the Lord is quantitatively much greater than any individual living entity
- Vidura was much older than Uddhava. By family relationship Uddhava was a contemporary brother of Krsna's, while Vidura was as elderly as Krsna's father Vasudeva
- We are not much concerned about the temple because temple worship is not primary factor in this age. Primary factor is Sankirtana. But sometimes we want a center where people may gather and see, so a temple is required secondarily
- We have unlimited number of instruments and other goods which we shall be needing from India, so if arrangement can be made for these goods to be sent safely and promptly, there is so much business which we shall give you
- We won't do anything. We talk much of this, that, this, that. Do anything, but do it perfectly. "Jack of all trade, master of none." That is not good. Be master of something
- Well, she is also an woman. She has no much intelligence. But here, to manage Krsna's affairs, is also Krsna's work. Don't take it otherwise. We must be engaged in Krsna's business
- Whatever allocation of duty there may be, if we try to execute such specific duty sincerely, that alone can make us much more advanced in Krishna Consciousness
- When flowers and fruits are offered to Krsna, the tree that bore them also receives much benefit, indirectly
- When Gandhi was approached that "You have got so much influence on the Muhammadans. Why don't you stop this cow slaughter?" Gandhi said, "No, it is their religion. I cannot stop." That is yata mat
- When I was in your temple both you and your wife took very much care for me, so kindly accept this little help. This is apart from my temple contribution; this is for your personal expenditure
- When one is in passion or ignorance, there is no chance for self-realization, however much one may play the part of a religionist
- When Rukmini was very much perturbed, she fell down on the ground, and Lord Krsna immediately became compassionate and agreed not to kill the foolish Rukmi
- When the four months of the rainy season passed and Aniruddha had still not returned home, all the members of the Yadu family became much perturbed. They could not understand how the boy was missing
- When there is flat grass cushion, why should you ask for bedding? When you have got natural pillow, this hand, why you ask for a pillow? Then when there is river, so much water, why do you stock water?
- While kirtana was going on, there was a transformation of ecstatic love and much tears, jubilation, trembling, perspiration and deep resounding in the body of Caitanya. Upon seeing this transformation, all the people present became very much astonished
- While there was much roaring and crying at the Bhattathari community, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu grabbed Krsnadasa by the hair and took him away
- While touring various holy places of pilgrimage, my father carried much money. Seeing the money, this rogue decided to take it away
- With your speaking talents there is so much valuable preaching work that you will have opportunity to do to relieve the burden of the suffering humanity
- Without troubling himself with materialistic research work, the transcendentalist acquires the truths concerning matter and antimatter in the most perfect way (through this disciplic succession) and thereby saves himself much botheration
- You are not forbidden to do this thing or that thing, but you have to see only whether by your action the Supreme Lord is satisfied. That's all. That much knowledge you must have. Then your life will be successful
- Your description of different fruits and flowers, especially mangos, are very attractive for me. Last year, when I went to your place, I was attracted more from the same description, but it was rainy season and there was not much of the local fruits