Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Mine"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- Actually, these conversations are like a great mine where, from a single place, one can extract all kinds of metals - copper, bell metal, silver and gold - and also touchstone, the basis of all metals
- Almost everyone is thinking that he is this body; he has no information of the spirit soul. Guided by this misconception, one always thinks, "This is my body, and anything in relationship with this body is mine"
- Although He is the original source of everything, He is untouched by any of His by-products. In this way He is like a gold mine, which is the source of gold in ornaments and yet is different from the ornaments themselves
- As long as one is a servant of mental concoctions, one cannot be completely free from the disease of "I" and "mine."
- Because of sinful activities we become attracted by the illusion of material attachment, and we think, "I am this body." I think of the body as myself and of bodily possessions as "mine"
- Brahma said, "Just see my impudence! I wanted to supersede You (Krsna) by my own personal power, and I was very puffed up with this tiny power of mine"
- Brahma said, "There is so much difference between Your body and mine that I cannot estimate the potency of Your body. As I have already stated in the Brahma-samhita, Your body is not material"
- He gives up all engagements in the service of matter, engagements concocted under the names of social service, national service, community service, dog service, automobile service and so many other services conducted under the illusion of "I" and mine
- His (Dvivida's) first business was to set fires in villages, towns and industrial and mining places, as well as in the residential quarters of the mercantile men who were busy dairy farming and protecting cows
- I (Kamsa) have acted just like a demon in killing my own nephews - your children - and thereby I have given up all consideration of our intimate relationship. I do not know what will be the result of these envious acts of mine
- I have come here in Switzerland. If I remain here for one month and I claim, "Oh, this is mine," what is this? So similarly, I come as guest. Everyone comes as guest in the womb of his mother and lives here for fifty years. He is claiming, "It is mine"
- If anyone wants to possess something as his, then that should be, that possession should be Krsna. That is the ultimate conception of "mine." That is the perfection of the word "mine"
- If one is attracted by this root of illusory conceptions - "I" and "mine" - he will have to remain within this material world in different exalted or nasty positions
- If they are offered a post like Mine in My abode, or opulence like Mine, or even personal association with Me with similar bodily features, they refuse to accept because they are satisfied simply by being engaged in My devotional service
- If wife is there, then some money must be coming, that means work, land or factory, children, home, friends, community, nation, like that there is increasing complication of illusion of thinking: This is mine, that is mine
- Krsna is the reservoir of all transcendental qualities. He is like a mine of gems. He is expert at everything, very intelligent and sober, and He is the summit of all transcendental humors
- Krsna said: "O Arjuna, there are no greater receptacles of deep love for Me than the gopis, who cleanse and decorate their bodies because they consider them Mine"
- O Arjuna, whatever you wish to see, behold at once in this body of Mine! This universal form can show you whatever you now desire to see and whatever you may want to see in the future
- One who is factually convinced of this opulence and mystic power of Mine (Krsna) engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt
- People who are entangled in academic knowledge are conditioned souls who are confused about the facts of “I” and “mine” understanding. Consequently they are unable to detach their minds from the external energy
- Prahlada Maharaja replied that a man engrossed in the material consciousness of duality, thinking, "This is mine, and that belongs to my enemy," should give up his householder life and go to the forest to worship the Supreme Lord
- Tapana Misra then said, "My dear Lord, as long as You stay at Varanasi, please do not accept any invitation other than mine"
- The animal, he is seeing that "One animal is being killed. Next time is mine," but still eating grass. He has no anxiety. This is called pramattah pasyann api na pasyati. This is animal life, that even though fact is there, they will close their eyes
- The defect is that in the root is wrong. Everyone's thinking "It is my country. It is my family. It is my society. It is my property." This "mine" is illusion
- The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, and I will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more"
- The entire world is bewildered because people are thinking, "This is my land," "America is mine," "India is mine." Not knowing the real value of life, people think that the material body and the land where it is produced are all in all
- The false ego - "I am," and "It is mine," which constitute the basic principle of material existence - includes ten sense organs for material activities
- The idea that "I am this body, and everything belonging to this body is mine" increases, and as the whole world is put into moha, sectarian societies, families and nationalities are created, and they fight with one another
- The illusory energy of the Lord cannot take precedence, being ashamed of her position, but those who are bewildered by her always talk nonsense, being absorbed in thoughts of "It is I" and "It is mine"
- The impetus for lording it over material nature is the sense of "mine" and "I". "I am the lord of all that I survey. So many things I possess, and I shall possess more and more. Who can be richer than I in wealth and education?"
- The karmi thinks of this world as "mine," and the jnani thinks "I am" everything. The whole material conception of politics, sociology, philanthropy, altruism, etc., conceived by the conditioned souls is on the basis of this misconceived "I" and "mine"
- The karmis are fond of the conception of "mine," the jnanis are fond of the conception of "I," and both of them are unqualified to be free from the bondage of the illusory energy
- The karmis think that the resources of the world, that is given by nature for our enjoyment. This is the modern theory of economic development. Everyone is thinking like that, that by nature we have got the gold mine, so we shall take it & use it & enjoy
- The living entity in his material condition is dreaming falsely that this is "mine" and this is "I."
- The Lord says, "They do not aspire after the five liberated stages, which are 1) to be one with Me, 2) to achieve residence on My planet, 3) to have My opulences, 4) to possess bodily features similar to Mine and 5) to gain personal association with Me"
- The perfect process is to accept Krsna as the Supreme in everything, and the best perfection in culturing knowledge is to surrender unto Him because He is the source of everything. Only in that conception can one get rid of the misconception of I and mine
- The whole material conception of politics, sociology, philanthropy, altruism, etc., conceived by the conditioned souls is on the basis of this misconceived "I" and "mine," which are products of a strong desire to enjoy material life
- There is an old friend of mine named D. R. Gupta on 4 University Rd. You should make arrangements to see him by telephoning him. If he is favorably impressed, he will certainly become a life member
- This divine energy of Mine (Krsna), consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it. This was actually proved by the behavior of Haridasa Thakura
- We are attached to this material world. But when we are united, man and woman together, our attachment for this material world becomes increased. Material world means "I am this body, and in relationship with this body everything is mine"
- Whatever happiness is Mine is all due to your association. It is not fitting for you to go away and leave Me behind
- Who has created this country, this vast land, the sky, the sea, the ocean? I have not created. So how can I claim that this is mine? I have come empty-handed from the womb of my mother, and I shall go empty-handed