Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
male | maleness | males | male's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Krsna Is The Transcendental Male (5 P)
Pages in category "Male"
The following 137 pages are in this category, out of 137 total.
- A householder has to distinguish between a male and female, otherwise he cannot be a householder
- A male child will be born if the husband is sexually stronger than the wife, but if the female is stronger, a female child will be born
- A male is searching after a mate to his liking, and the female is looking after a suitable male. That is the way of material stimulus
- A woman cannot be naked before any male except her husband. The unmarried gopis desired Krsna as their husband, and He fulfilled their desire in this way
- According to expert sexologists like Bharata Muni, the male and the female enjoy equally in material sexual pleasure. But in the spiritual world the relationships are different, although this is unknown to mundane experts
- According to Vedic civilization, because man is very aggressive, so he's allowed to accept more than one wife. He's allowed. Generally, female population is greater than the male population
- According to Vedic civilization, the, a girl must be married. But in every country I see the female population is more than the male population. Then how every girl should be married? Therefore in India more than one wife was allowed
- After hearing this description of Lord Krsna from the male parrot, the female parrot began to recite a description of Srimati Radharani
- All your ideas, they are very good. Go on like this and Krishna will give you more and more opportunity for His service. So your ideas are welcome. When the mind and intelligence work together like male and female, then something comes out as a child
- Although the woman appears to be the material and efficient cause of the birth of a child, originally the purusa, the male, is the cause of the child
- As soon as a male & female combine, material bondage is tightly interlocked by sex, as a result their attraction for home, motherland, offspring, society & friendship & accumulation of wealth becomes the illusory field of activities
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, kamais tais tair hrta jnanah: when one becomes lusty, he loses his intelligence. Therefore Agnidhra, having lost his intelligence, could not distinguish whether Purvacitti was male or female
- As the King and Queen lamented, all their male and female followers joined them in crying. Because of the sudden accident, all the citizens of the kingdom were almost unconscious
- At least theoretically one must be convinced that a living entity is neither male nor female
- Being embraced by Lord Siva like a female elephant embraced by a male, the woman (Mohini-murti), whose hair was scattered, swirled like a snake
- Being favored by the spiritual master, according to the words of Lord Siva, Sudyumna regained his desired maleness every alternate month and in this way ruled the kingdom, although the citizens were not satisfied with this
- Being so strongly attracted, the bridegroom attempts to set up a nice homestead and eventually a good field for producing grains. Then children come, then friends and then wealth. In this way the male becomes more and more entangled
- By His causeless mercy, He protects the demigods, who are always harassed by the demons. He is the supreme worshipable Deity of all living entities. He is the supreme cause, represented as the male and female creative energies
- Conjugal love, just like man and woman, male and female, that love. That love includes everything - that appreciation of greatness, that servitude of service, the friendship, then maternal love, and further, offering everything for the lover
- Cupid's business is to invoke mundane lust. The whole universe is moving being agitated by Cupid's arrow. The activities of the world are being carried on by the central attraction of male and female
- Despite all her good qualities, she had the natural frailties of a woman, and she was envious of Kunti when the latter gave birth to a male child
- Devaki said "You are not to be killed by any female child. That was the prophecy. You are to be killed by a male child, so please do not kill her. My dear brother, you have killed so many of my children who were just born, shining like the sun"
- Either girl or boy devotees may deliver lecture if they choose to do. We have no such distinction of bodily designations, male or female. Krishna Consciousness is on the spiritual platform
- Every male is bound by sex, and therefore one who wishes to gain liberation from the material clutches must first learn to control the sex urge
- Generally in every society the female population is greater in number than the male population. Therefore if it is a principle in the society that all girls should be married, unless polygamy is allowed it will not be possible
- Ghost creates disturbance. He hasn't got gross body to enjoy. They're ghostly haunted; therefore a male ghost haunts over woman, woman ghost haunts over man
- God is male and female both. God, our God, sometimes He takes the form of female, Mohini-murti. Mohini-murti. But comparatively studying, God is purusa, male
- Having been cursed by Mitra and Varuna, the celestial woman Urvasi had acquired the habits of a human being. Therefore, upon seeing Pururava, the best of males, whose beauty resembled that of Cupid, she controlled herself and then approached him
- He is the supreme worshipable Deity of all living entities. He is the supreme cause, represented as the male and female creative energies. Although different from this universe, He exists in His universal form (virat-rupa)
- I always advise married couples that the male should be engaged in some work; but if somebody is busily engaged in our activities and therefore he cannot work outside, that is also nice. We do not press people to contribute
- I am ashamed to say that Your impudent lips sometimes attract even Your flute, which is also considered a male. It likes to drink the nectar of Your lips, and thus it also forgets all other tastes
- I never discourage marriage, providing it is for Krsna's service and not for simply sex life. It is always meant for a higher purpose. In God's creation there is male and female even in the spiritual world and there is purpose for such creation
- I note that your wife and Visalaini both gave birth to baby girls. That is the defect. I want male children but you have no stamina for it. I expected from Visalaini by her belly that it would be a boy. Anyway, never mind
- I see in the small cottages they are living very, very happily. The cows are grazing, and the male members are doing the work. Local flowers are used for the garlands
- If a woman becomes faithful, chaste wife, then the next life there is chance of her becoming a male. Because according to Vedic literature, to take a birth as woman is low-grade
- If the man's discharge is larger, then there is a male child; if the woman's discharge is larger, then there is a female child
- In an intoxicated condition, the two demigods entered the water of the Ganges, which was filled with lotus flowers, and there they began to enjoy the company of the young girls exactly as a male elephant enjoys female elephants within the water
- In other words, such behavior (jubilant activities) between pure males and females is enjoyable, but it makes persons who are materially contaminated become lustful
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam, Third Canto, it is explained that under the control of superior authority a living entity is put within the semen of a male and injected into the womb of a particular female in order to develop a particular type of body
- In the Ilavrta-varsa, Lord Siva is the only male. There he lives with his wife, Bhavani, who is attended by many maidservants. If any other male enters that province, Bhavani curses him to become a woman
- In the Upanisads as the impersonal Brahman and in philosophy as the supreme male
- In the Vedic culture, an unmarried girl having association with a male is the greatest disgrace to the family
- It is a fact that we are constantly being kicked by maya, just as the male ass is kicked in the face by the she-ass when he comes for sex. Similarly, cats and dogs are always fighting and whining when they have sex
- It is essential to practice the system of brahmacarya if one wishes to beget a male child when one is married
- It is only the less intelligent persons not well versed in the history of the world who say that observance of separation of female from male is an introduction of the Mohammedan period in India
- It is said in the smrti-sastra as well as in the Ayur-veda that when the discharge of the male is greater, male children are begotten, but when the discharge of the female is greater, female children are begotten
- It is said that by modern medical treatment a male can be transformed into a female, and a female into a male. The body, however, has no connection with the soul
- It is stated that when the male secretion enters the menstrual flux in the uterus in two successive drops, the mother develops two embryos in her womb, and she brings forth twins in a reverse order to that in which they were first conceived
- Krishna is the only male & all others being energies of Krishna, they're prakrti, or female. Please don't try to understand this male & female in the material sense. In other words, our perfection of life will be actually realizing that we're all females
- Krsna attracts even the mind of the goddess of fortune. He attracts, in special cases, the minds of young girls. He attracts the minds of the elderly ladies by paternal affection. He attracts the mind of the male in the humors of servitude & friendship
- Krsna continued, "Presently there is no direct claimant of the Syamantaka jewel, for King Satrajit has no male issue"
- Krsna is the real husband not only of the gopis, but of every living entity. Everyone should perfectly understand that Krsna is the real husband of all living entities, who are described in the Bhagavad-gita as prakrti (female), not purusa (male)
- Krsna said, "I am now feeling like a female elephant who has been enthused by a male elephant!" This is an instance of jubilation in ecstatic love with Krsna"
- Laksmana said, "While the music played, expert male and female dancers began to dance, and singers began to sing sweetly"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu officially renounced this illusion at the age of twenty-four, although His wife was sixteen and His mother seventy and He was the only male in the family
- Male devotees
- Male, his (Kali's) feature black, and dressed like a king. Black means ignorance. And similarly the scene is also blackish
- Many hundreds of male and female carnivorous demons, completely naked and carrying tridents in their hands, then appeared, crying the slogans "Cut them to pieces! Pierce them!"
- Material existence means living together as male and female and being attracted by one another
- Maya has many ways to entrap us, and her strongest shackle is the female. Of course, in actuality we are neither male nor female, for these designations refer only to the outer dress, the body
- Mother Yasoda understood that a child had been born to her, but because she was very tired from the labor of childbirth, she fell fast asleep. When she awoke, she could not remember whether she had given birth to a male or a female child
- Mudgala, the son of Bharmyasva, had twin children, one male and the other female. The male child was named Divodasa, and the female child was named Ahalya. From the womb of Ahalya by the semen of her husband, Gautama, came a son named Satananda
- O King Pariksit, Lord Siva was pleased with Vasistha. Therefore, to satisfy him and to keep his own word to Parvati, Lord Siva said to that saintly person, "Your disciple Sudyumna may remain a male for one month and a female for the next"
- Of the two children born of Akuti, the male child was directly an incarnation of the SPG, and His name was Yajna, which is another name of Visnu. The female child was a partial incarnation of Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, the eternal consort of Visnu
- On the basis of this misconception, which ties together the hearts of the male and female, one becomes attracted to his body, home, property, children, relatives and wealth. In this way one increases life's illusions and thinks in terms of "I and mine."
- One thing is that in some cases I wasn't certain whether the names given were masculine or feminine. So from now on in all such cases the letter M or F, indicating Male or Female
- Out of them (the two bodies that came out from the body of Brahma), the one who had the male form became known as the Manu named Svayambhuva, and the woman became known as Satarupa, the queen of the great soul Manu
- Out of them (the two forms generated from Brahma's body), the one who had the male form became known as the Manu named Svayambhuva, and the woman became known as Satarupa, the queen of the great soul Manu
- Over and over again Vasudeva glanced at his child, and he considered how to celebrate this auspicious moment: “Generally, when a male child is born,” he thought, “people observe the occasion with jubilant celebrations
- Param brahma param dhama pavitram paramam bhavan, purusam. He's not imperson. Purusam. Purusam means person. Not female also. Purusam means male. Purusam sasvatam. Sasvatam, original; adyam, the first
- Purusa means enjoyer, and prakrti means enjoyed, or, in simple word, purusa means male, and prakrti means female
- Sexual intercourse in which the husband is attracted to the wife is sure to produce a male child, but sexual intercourse based on attraction of the wife for the husband may produce a girl. That is mentioned in the Ayur-veda
- She (hunchback) proposed to Krsna, "My dear hero, I cannot leave You in this way. You must come to my place. I am already very much attracted to Your beauty, I must receive You well, since You are the best among males, You must also be very kind upon me"
- Since that time, no male had entered that forest. But now King Sudyumna, having been transformed into a female, began to walk with his associates from one forest to another
- So you please continue your devotional service, cooking etc, and you can also keep giving Bhagavatam class if you like. Women in our movement can also preach very nicely. Actually male and female bodies, these are just outward designations
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King Pariksit, after the most famous and powerful Vasistha made this decision, he offered prayers to the Supreme Person, Visnu, to transform Ila into a male
- That flute is a very cunning male who drinks again and again the taste of another male's lips
- The affection between the Lord and the living entities is something like that between the male and the female; therefore the term love of Godhead is quite appropriate
- The attraction between male and female is the basic principle of material existence
- The attraction between man and woman, or male and female, always exists everywhere, making everyone always fearful
- The brahmana's wife delivered a male child, and as usual the child began to cry. But suddenly, within a few minutes, both the child and Arjuna’s arrows disappeared into the sky
- The combination of male and female is worthwhile if the qualities of both are on an equal level
- The female wants to become male, or equal rights. This is maya. How woman can become in equal with man?
- The five working senses and the five senses that acquire knowledge are all male friends of Puranjani. The living entity is assisted by these senses in acquiring knowledge and engaging in activity
- The gopis said, "You (Krsna) are the Supreme Person, and if You complete our dressing attempt as the purusa-bhusana, or the male ornament, then all our desires and bodily decorations are complete"
- The great sages said: The male is a plenary expansion of the power of Lord Visnu, who maintains the entire universe, and the female is a plenary expansion of the goddess of fortune, who is never separated from the Lord
- The grossest type of anartha which binds the conditioned soul in material existence is sex desire, and this sex desire gradually develops in the union of the male and female
- The housekeeper and the guards of the palace could guess very easily that she was having relations with a male friend, and without waiting for further developments, all of them informed their master, Banasura
- The Lord is always described as the parama-purusa, or the supreme male personality. Thus the affection between the Lord and the living entities is something like that between the male and the female. Therefore the term love of Godhead is quite appropriate
- The male and female living together constitute the sum and substance of material existence. The attraction between male and female in this material world is very strong
- The male child was known as Krpa, and the female child was named Krpi. Krpi later became the wife of Dronacarya
- The male or enjoyer is the Lord, and all manifestations of His different potencies are feminine by nature
- The male parrot sang, "The glorification of Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is beneficial to everyone in the universe. His beauty is victorious over the gopis of Vrndavana, and it subdues their patience"
- The man, the male and female, they have sex life, and the two secretions, they mix up, becomes emulsified, and the spirit soul takes shelter within that matter. And then the matter develops gradually. That is the development within the embryo
- The nature of a woman, as personally described by Urvasi, is to establish false friendship with someone and then seek new male companions, one after another, even if this means giving up the company of a sincere well-wisher
- The next day, it was declared that a male child (Krsna) had been born to Yasoda. According to Vedic custom, Nanda Maharaja called for learned astrologers and brahmanas to perform the birth ceremony
- The palace in which Usa and Citralekha lived was so well fortified that it was impossible for any male to either enter or see inside
- The portion of the river where the girls and women bathe was strictly prohibited to any male, and this is still the system
- The real position is that every living entity is female, originally. But falsely he is imitating to become a male, enjoy
- The servants were so careful that a male could not even see what was going on there, & so they were surprised that she (Usa) had become contaminated. Since they could not trace out the reason for it, they submitted the whole situation before their master
- The superior energy is dressed in two ways - male and female - and everyone is trying to enjoy
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme controller, being pleased with Vasistha, gave him the benediction he desired. Thus Ila was transformed into a very fine male named Sudyumna
- The union between male and female provides the impetus for gaining a nice apartment, a good income, children and friends. Thus one becomes entangled in this material world
- The very name Krsna means that He attracts even Cupid. He is therefore attractive to everyone - male and female, moving and inert living entities. Indeed, Krsna is known as the all-attractive one
- Then the female parrot began to speak jokingly to the male parrot, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was struck with wonderful ecstatic love to hear her speak
- There is no harm in coeducation in the schools and colleges, provided the boys and girls are duly married, and in case there is any intimate connection between a male and female student, they should be married properly without illicit relation
- Thereafter the male parrot said, "Krsna is the enchanter of the mind of Cupid." He then began to recite another verse
- Thereupon, just to please his wife, Lord Siva said, "Any male entering this place shall immediately become a female"
- This flute is utterly unfit because it is merely a dead bamboo stick. Moreover, it belongs to the male sex
- This male-female question is everywhere. The only difference is that in spiritual world there is no need of sex life, or there is no impelling sex life, although there is attraction between man and woman
- This propensity, is there not only in human body, but in the animal body also, that same propensity, sex life. So... But everyone is searching after, "Where is a male? Where is a female?" And when they are united, the karma-granthi becomes tighter
- Under the supervision of the Supreme Lord and according to the result of his work, the living entity, the soul, is made to enter into the womb of a woman through the particle of male semen to assume a particular type of body
- Upon seeing Sudyumna's deplorable condition, Vasistha was very much aggrieved. Desiring for Sudyumna to regain his maleness, Vasistha again began to worship Lord Sankara (Siva)
- Usa exhibited some bodily symptoms by which it could be understood that she was having intercourse with a male friend. The symptoms were so prominent that her actions could no longer be concealed from anyone
- We are Vaisnavas. We are not concerned with male or female position in life. That is simply bodily concept of life. It is not spiritual
- When a male and female parrot appeared on the branches of a tree, the Lord saw them and wanted to hear them speak
- When a male is united with a female of a lower caste, the offspring is called anuloma; but when a male unites with a woman of a higher caste, the offspring is called pratiloma
- When a man is physically very strong, and if he has sex intercourse with a woman, she is sure to become pregnant. When pregnancy fails, it is due to the weakness of the male partner generally
- When everything was complete, there was heard the vibration of mrdangas, conchshells, kettledrums and other musical instruments. Professional dancers, both male and female, began to dance
- When Saradvan met Urvasi, he discharged semen, which fell on a clump of sara grass. From this semen were born two all-auspicious babies, one male and the other female
- When the male members are killed, the female members become widow, and they, their character becomes polluted. So many things Krsna will speak about this family life
- When the purusa and prakrti, male and female, enjoy, they enjoy, they get the same pleasure, but one is purusa; one is prakrti. Similarly, Krsna is purusa, and we are prakrti. If we enjoy with Krsna, then the ananda, sac-cid-ananda, is there
- When the trees did not reply, the gopis guessed, "Since all of these trees belong to the male class, all of them must be friends of Krsna"
- Whether one is male or female, it doesn't matter, simply chant Hare Krishna and follow the four regulative principles and your life will be perfect
- While Maharaja Santanu was on a hunting excursion, he saw the male and female children lying in the forest, and out of compassion he took them home
- Within the prison, shackled in iron chains, Vasudeva and Devaki gave birth to a male child year after year, and Kamsa, thinking each of the babies to be the incarnation of Visnu, killed them one after another
- Within the waters of the Mandakini Ganges, which were crowded with gardens of lotus flowers, the two sons of Kuvera would enjoy young girls, just like two male elephants enjoying in the water with female elephants
- Without male and female, there is no enjoyment. Therefore they have been dressed falsely by the material nature as enjoyer
- Woman, or the fair sex, is the enchanting principle for the living entities, and the male form, especially in the human being, is meant for self-realization