Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Maha-bhagavata - Devotees of God
"maha-bhagavata" | "maha-bhagavatas" | mahā-bhāgavata"
This category has the following 79 subcategories, out of 79 total.
Pages in category "Maha-bhagavata - Devotees of God"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A highly advanced maha-bhagavata devotee sees in this spirit: he sees the same Supersoul, Paramatma, existing within everyone's heart, regardless of discrimination based on the different material forms of the living entities
- A maha-bhagavata Vaisnava has the transcendental eyes to see who is sleeping under the spell of maya, and he engages himself in awakening sleeping conditioned beings by spreading the knowledge of Krsna consciousness
- A neophyte and an intermediate devotee should always be eager to hear the maha-bhagavata and serve him in every respect
- According to Srila Rupa Gosvami, the association and service of such a maha-bhagavata, or perfect Vaisnava, are most desirable
- Actually a maha-bhagavata is fit to spread Krsna consciousness, but he does not distinguish where Krsna consciousness should be spread from where it should not. He thinks that everyone is competent to accept Krsna consciousness if the chance is provided
- Actually the maha-bhagavata, he has many things to say, but because he's preacher he does not say everything to the neophyte devotees. Because they are not competent to accept that
- Although preaching is not meant for a maha-bhagavata, a maha-bhagavata can descend to the platform of madhyama-bhagavata just to convert others to Vaisnavism
- He is the guru, or spiritual master, for the entire world, a devotee on the topmost platform, the maha-bhagavata stage, and a paramahamsa-thakura, a spiritual form only fit to be addressed as paramahamsa or thakura
- Hiranyakasipu's last exploit would be to torment his own son Prahlada, who was a maha-bhagavata, an exalted Vaisnava. Then his life would end
- In every religion there is recommendation to go to the place, holy places of pilgrimage. This is one set-up. Another set-up is that bhagavatas tirtha-bhutah. Those who are devotees, they are themselves maha-bhagavata. They are first-class devotee
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta it is stated that a maha-bhagavata, or highly advanced devotee, sees Krsna as the active principle in all movable & immovable living entities. Therefore he sees everything within this cosmic manifestation in relation to Krsna
- One cannot understand the value of touchstone until it turns iron into gold. One should judge by action, not by promises. A maha-bhagavata can turn a living entity from abominable material life to the Lord's service. This is the test of a maha-bhagavata
- One should not imitate the behavior of an advanced devotee or maha-bhagavata without being self-realized, for by such imitation one will eventually become degraded
- Our system is. Evam parampara, to associate with the maha-bhagavata by words or by physical exposition
- Prahlada Maharaja underwent so much persecution. He was never disturbed, because he was confident that "Krsna will give me protection. Never mind." That is another position. Maha-bhagavata. We are kanistha-adhikaris. We have to worship Deity
- Prahlada Maharaja was put into so many trials when he was only a child, still he never forgot Krsna. That is the sign of maha-bhagavata. In any circumstances
- Preacher, even if he's maha-bhagavata, he comes to the second stage. Just like Guru Maharaja. He's maha-bhagavata, but still he had to come to the second stage. He had to take precaution. That is natural
- Sarvam khalv idam brahma means that everything is Lord Krsna in the sense that everything is His energy. That is the vision of the maha-bhagavatas. They see everything in relation to Krsna
- So far we are concerned, Krsna conscious, so long our bodily concept of life is not completely eradicated, we must follow the sva-dharma of the body. Brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra, ity adi. But when actually advanced, that is maha-bhagavata
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that if an observer immediately remembers the holy name of Krsna upon seeing a Vaisnava, that Vaisnava should be considered a maha-bhagavata, a first-class devotee
- Such a Vaisnava (a maha-bhagavata first-class devotee) is always aware of his Krsna conscious duty, and he is enlightened in self-realization
- Such neophytes, unable to appreciate the exalted service of the advanced devotee, try to bring the maha-bhagavata to their platform. We experience such difficulty in propagating this Krsna consciousness all over the world
- The devotee who is neither a neophyte nor a maha-bhagavata but is within the middle status of devotional service is expected to love the S P of Godhead, make friends with the devotees, show favor to the ignorant and reject the jealous and demoniac
- The family in which a maha-bhagavata takes his birth is fortunate because due to the birth of a first-grade devotee the members of the family, past, present and future up to one hundred generations, become liberated by the grace of the Lord
- The Kumaras, however, were maha-bhagavatas because after scrutinizingly studying the Absolute Truth, they became devotees. In other words, they were in full knowledge of the Vedic conclusion
- The maha-bhagavata knows that everyone is engaged in the Lord's service in different ways. He therefore descends to the middle platform to elevate everyone to the Krsna conscious position
- The maha-bhagavata or uttama-adhikari, the devotee in the highest stage of devotional life, does not see anyone as being against the Vaisnava principles, for he regards everyone as a Vaisnava but himself
- The maha-bhagavata, the advanced devotee, certainly sees everything mobile and immobile, but he does not exactly see their forms. Rather, everywhere he immediately sees manifest the form of the Supreme Lord
- The maha-bhagavata, the great devotee, sees oneness in the sense that he sees everything as the energy of the Supreme Lord. Since there is no difference between the energy and the energetic, there is the sense of oneness
- The maha-bhagavata, who experiences the Supreme Godhead's presence everywhere, is never missing from the sight of the Supreme Lord, nor is the Supreme Lord ever lost from his sight. This is possible only when one is advanced in love of Godhead
- The Mayavadi philosophers have presented their arguments in such attractive, flowery language that hearing Mayavada philosophy may sometimes change the mind of even a maha-bhagavata, or very advanced devotee
- They (the Maha-bhagavata first-class devotees) themselves are the holy place. Not only they are themselves holy place, but wherever they go, they make that place holy place, pilgrimage. This is the idea
- This is a description of the maha-bhagavata, the great personality who sees everything in relation to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Supreme Lord's presence is realized in three stages
- Those who are neophytes or even a little progressed in devotional service should not try to imitate the maha-bhagavata. Rather, they should only follow in his footsteps
- Those who see everything in the Lord or everything of the Lord and also see in everything an eternal relation of the Lord, so that there is nothing within their purview of sight except the Lord, are called the maha-bhagavatas