Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Karanodakasayi Visnu - Maha-Visnu (3 C, 174 P)
- ► Maha Purana (2 P)
- ► Maha Upanisad (1 C, 2 P)
- ► Maha-mantra (6 C, 173 P)
- ► Maha-prasadam (31 P)
- ► Maha-samhita (1 P)
- ► Mahabharata (2 C, 127 P)
- ► Mahabhava - Devotional Service to God (1 C, 1 P)
- ► Mahajanas (3 C, 82 P)
- ► Mahamaya (2 C, 29 P)
- ► Maharloka (26 P)
- ► Mahat-tattva (1 C, 68 P)
- ► Mahatma (5 C, 109 P)
Pages in category "Maha"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A portion of the mahat-tattva is called the false ego. A portion of the ego is the vibration of sound, and a portion of sound is atmospheric air. A portion of the airy atmosphere is turned into forms, and the forms constitute the power of electricity
- All the preachers of Krsna consciousness movement, they are maha-bahu, strongly armed by the weapons of Krsna. They cannot be defeated. They will push on the fight with maya, this illusion
- American boys are very beautifully chanting Hare Krsna. They are chanting loudly. They are eagerly hearing Gita and Bhagavata siddhanta. They are also practicing sadacara, leaving all bad habits. Also, they are taking Mahaprabhu's mahaprasada
- I am going to San Francisco on Wednesday 5th July, and on July 9th there will be Sri Sri Jagannatha Deva Rathayatra maha festival. I don't know how successful it will be, but the program is settled
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam historical facts selected from the histories of different planets have been depicted. It is therefore accepted by all the spiritual authorities as the Maha-Purana
- It is said that Brahma was created in the Maha-kalpa as the incarnation of spiritual sound
- Maha isvara. Maha means great. Isvara means controller. So we can controller a few men, but Mahesvara means He controls all living entities
- Maha means great, and bharata means this land. Actually it is a history. But foolish people, without understanding through the guru-parampara system, they manufacture their own way of understanding; therefore they are misled
- Maha means greater, and bharata means India. Mahabharata
- Maha-moha means to be mad after material enjoyment. Especially in this age of Kali, everyone is overwhelmed by the madness to accumulate paraphernalia for material enjoyment
- Maha-ratha means one fighter who can combat with thousands of men alone
- Mahabharata is the history of India. Maha means great, and bharata means India. And you see, Mahabharata is the history of two royal families fighting in the Battle of Kuruksetra and politics and diplomacy
- Mahat-seva means if you, by chance, you get in contact of a great personality, great soul who knows Krsna science, you just try to please him. Therefore we, every day in the morning, we sing yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasadah
- Maya Danava is mentioned here as maha-yogi, a great mystic, but his business was to help the asuras
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu blessed a maidservant named Duhkhi with the name Sukhi. He called for Kholaveca Sridhara and showed him His maha-prakasa. Then He called for Murari Gupta and showed him His feature as Lord Ramacandra
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the ripened fruit. Narada Muni is engaged in distributing this fruit, and therefore he instructed Vyasadeva to write this Maha-Purana, Srimad-Bhagavatam, for the benefit of ignorant human society
- That mahabhava is not possible in the ordinary human being, but it is possible for the gopis, for Radharani. They cannot live without Krsna. That is the highest stage of perfection or liberation
- The Atharva Veda (Maha Upanisad) also states, "Only Narayana existed in the beginning, when neither Brahma, nor Siva, nor fire, nor water, nor stars, nor sun, nor moon existed. The Lord does not remain alone but creates as He desires"
- The essence of the hladini-sakti is love of Godhead, the essence of love of Godhead is bhava, or transcendental sentiment, and the highest pitch of that bhava is called mahabhava
- The great scripture Srimad-Bhagavatam, compiled by Maha-muni Vyasadeva from four original verses, describes the most elevated and kindhearted devotees and completely rejects the cheating ways of materially motivated religiosity
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- The word sarva-loka means "all three worlds," and the word mahesvara means "the supreme proprietor." Krsna is the proprietor of both the material and the spiritual world
- The yogi should then meditate on the chest of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the abode of goddess Maha-Laksmi. The Lord's chest is the source of all transcendental pleasure for the mind and full satisfaction for the eyes
- Things are deteriorating on account of the loss of God consciousness. This simple method of chanting the Hare Krsna Maha Mantra will awaken God consciousness
- To combat the mystic powers of Sambarasura, Pradyumna invoked another mystic power, known as mahavidya, which was different from the black mystic power. The mahavidya mystic power is based on the quality of goodness
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu exhibited His maha-prakasa form, He appeared before Murari Gupta as Lord Ramacandra.
- When the cosmic creation is annihilated, the living entities, who are indestructible by nature, rest in the body of Maha-sankarsana. Sankarsana is therefore sometimes called the total jiva
- When the pleasure potency is further condensed, it is called mahabhava. Srimati Radharani, the eternal consort of Krsna, is the personification of that mahabhava