Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
magic | magical | magician | magicians | magician's | magics
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Magic"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- A juggler, a magician or one who speaks nonsense as an academic career is not a guru. Rather, a guru is one who presents Bhagavad-gita, Krsna's instructions, as it is
- A little magic will bewilder a foolish person into selecting an artificial God because he does not understand how powerful God is
- A wooden doll chants and dances according to the direction of a magician but does not know how he is dancing and singing
- As a wooden doll is made to dance by a magician, I write as Madana-gopala orders me to do so
- Aside from conscious living beings, even unconscious matter is sometimes made conscious by Your lips. Therefore, Your lips are great magicians
- Ask my disciples. I have never shown any magic. Why? That is cheating business. That is not required. It is meant for the foolish men
- Because he (Sukracarya) used his power of mystic yoga for family affairs and not to realize the Supreme Personality of Godhead, this exercise in the magic of yoga was no better than the affairs of he-goats and she-goats
- Book distribution is our real business. If we give them a record, they simply hear some magical sounds and take it for sense gratification, but if they receive one of our books and read even one page, they get eternally benefited
- I am not a magician. My only credit is I have not spoiled the Bhagavad-gita. I have presented as it is. Therefore it is successful
- I never bribed them, nor I showed any magic. I simply asked them, "Chant Hare Krsna." And see the result. It is practical
- I never showed any gold-making magic. I simply said to them the "Here is Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, you surrender unto Him." That's all
- I then understood that I was going to Vrndavana like a magician with his show, and this is certainly not good. No one should go to Vrndavana with so many men
- In this age there are many cheaters who show some jugglery and magic. They even create gold to amaze their followers, and their followers accept them as God
- Jugglers and magicians of the mundane world are actually puzzled by the jugglery of the Lord in His transcendental activities, but they try to adjust their bewilderment by saying that it is all mythology
- Just see the magic, real magic of God. Don't accept cheap God. God must show godly magic. Just like we are showing little magic, floating some airplane or sputnik or jet in the sky
- Let the snake-bird-or whatever magical thing the brahmana created-bite me at once. I (Pariksit) only desire that you all continue singing the deeds of Lord Visnu
- Let the snakebird - or whatever magical thing the brahmana created - bite me at once. I only desire that you all continue singing the deeds of Lord Visnu
- Lord's dying or quitting His body is like the jugglery of a magician. The magician shows by his tricks that he is cut to pieces, burnt to ashes or made unconscious by hypnotic influences, but all are false shows only
- On earth there are many yogis who can exhibit some feeble mystic power by manufacturing pieces of gold like magic, but the inhabitants of the planet Siddhaloka are actually extremely powerful in mysticism
- One cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead simply by exhibiting some mundane magic
- One may know that by magical feats, by scientific advancement of knowledge or by material power one cannot become the equal of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Opposing princes continued, "As puppets dance in the hands of a magician, we are all dancing by the will of the Supreme, and according to His plan alone we suffer distress or enjoy happiness. We should therefore be equipoised in all circumstances"
- Our magic is already there. Throughout the whole world we are chanting Hare Krsna. Is not that magic?
- Perfection of the yoga system is the attainment of freedom from material existence and not some magical jugglery or gymnastic feats to befool innocent people
- Persons who have no knowledge in the affairs of this material world, they think that "This material nature is working, and automatically, by magic, the sun is coming out, the moon is coming out, and the season is changing"
- Pisaca worship is called "black arts" or "black magic." There are many men who practice this black art, and they think that it is spiritualism, but such activities are completely materialistic
- So Krsna says everything in the Bhagavad-gita. People are simply misled by so-called rascals, yogis, swamis, incarnation, magician, juggler, bluffer, but they come and go. They cannot do anything because they are themself cheated
- So we're very shocked and astonished that so many people are coming to the West, to the United States, and posing as holy men and simply making business, charging money, and giving somebody some magical formula whereby they can become God
- So-called transcendentalists who have no real stock of knowledge they are fond of these miracles, and for the most part, because the innocent public is generally foolish, therefore they accept these rascals of magicians as saintly persons
- Sometimes they say about me "74 years young holy man'', and sometimes they say "jet-age parivrajakacarya.'' They also very kindly have written that I have done magic to the foreigners. So I thank you all for your good wishes
- Spiritual advancement is not meant for magic shows and jugglery but for crossing the material world and being transferred to the spiritual world
- That is our process. What Krsna has said, we say, that's all. Therefore there is little success. I don't manufacture. I have no extraordinary power or I cannot show magic or jugglery of words. But I do sincerely, to present what Krsna has said
- The conditioned soul, being wrapped in ignorance and therefore not knowing the goal of life, accepts a guru who can juggle words and make some display of magic that is wonderful to a fool
- The highest perfection of mystic power is called kamavasayita. This is also magic, but whereas the prakamya power acts to create wonderful effects within the scope of nature, kamavasayita permits one to contradict nature
- The jugglery and magic is here present: all these meat-eaters, drunkards, woman-hunters, now Vaisnava. This is real magic
- The Lord is described as amrta, or deathless, because He has no material body. Under the circumstances, the Lord's dying or quitting His body is like the jugglery of a magician
- The Lord, the personal enjoyer of all sacrifices, now discharged His beloved Sudarsana, which was capable of dispersing the magical forces displayed by the demon
- The spiritual process should not, however, be misunderstood to be something like magical feats whereby the spiritual master acts like a magician and injects spiritual knowledge into his disciple, as if surcharging him with an electrical current
- The Supreme Lord relinquished the body which He manifested to diminish the burden of the earth. Just like a magician, He relinquishes one body to accept different ones, like the fish incarnation and others
- The yogis, they want to play wonderful magic: anima, laghima, prapti-siddhi, isita, vasita. There are eight kinds of yoga siddhis. That kind of siddhi is not recommended here
- There is another mystic perfection which is known as prakamya (magic). By this prakamya power one can achieve anything he likes. For example, one can make water enter into his eye and then again come out from within the eye
- These boys, they were not educated in Vedic literature, never. But how they have taken to this Krsna consciousness? This is the magic of Krsna consciousness
- These demons can perform wonderful magic. Vyomasura took the part of a cowherd boy playing as a thief and stole many boys who were playing the parts of lambs
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of performing magical feats. Within the magical field there is an art called bahu-rupi, by which a person dresses himself in such a way that when he approaches a friend he cannot be recognized
- This Caitanya is a sannyasi in name only. Actually He is a first-class magician. In any case, His sentimentalism cannot be very much in demand here in Kasi
- We are not magician, but we ask our students "Simply you chant this transcendental vibration," and he becomes gradually cleansed of all dirty things within the heart. This is our process
- We do not want this magic, neither we want to show magic. We simply, as canvasser of Krsna, we are preaching Krsna consciousness
- When the demon saw his magic forces dispelled, he once again came into the presence of the PG, Kesava, & full of rage, tried to embrace Him within his arms to crush Him. But to his great amazement he found the Lord standing outside the circle of his arms
- While this magical atmosphere in the fight was being created by the invisible demons, who were expert in such illusions, the soldiers of the demigods became morose
- Within the magical field there is an art called bahu-rupi, by which a person dresses himself in such a way that when he approaches a friend he cannot be recognized
- Yogi means that. Yogi does not mean to play some magic. Magician also can play some magic. A devotee is not interested to show any magic, but he is interested to see the magician, supreme, who is playing so much magic
- You simply decide what Krsna has spoken. Then you become guru. If you want to manufacture something and show some magic, then you do not become guru
- You will come out triumphant of all others. Actually that is happening. What we are doing? We are not playing any magic. How this Krsna consciousness movement is increasing?
- You will find so many yogis; they can play jugglery, magic, but they are not devotees. They will not surrender to Krsna