Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
trick | tricked | trickery | tricking | trickings | tricks | trickster | tricky
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Trick"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A man may be very tricky, very intelligent, but he will not be able to excel Krsna. He is more tricky. Just like in His childhood, Krsna was naughty, so mother wanted to bind Him. So Krsna also became tricky
- After accepting the sannyasa order at Katwa, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu traveled continuously for three days in Radha-desa and, by the trick of Nityananda Prabhu, eventually came to the western side of Santipura
- As far as possible, I have trained you. Try to follow the principles. And go ahead. Don't be set back by maya's tricks. Go ahead, forward, at any cost
- Because of the Lord's strict order, no living being could take the water. Some of His intimate devotees, however, would take it by some trick
- Bhaumasura thus came to see that none of his tricks would act upon Krsna, and he became aware that all his attempts to kill Krsna would be frustrated. Yet he tried for the last time, taking a trident in his hand to strike Him
- By the craftsmanship of the demon Maya, the palace (Yudhisthira's palace) was so decorated in different places that one who did not know the tricks would consider water to be land and land to be water
- By tricks of chance one may be obliged to adopt a profession which is not very adorable in society, but that does not hamper one in executing devotional service to the Lord
- Even an elephant in the jungle is caught by the use of a trained she-elephant who leads him into a pit. We should learn by observing these tricks of nature
- Even where there are hundreds of good qualities, a critic does not consider them. Rather, he attempts by some trick to point out a fault in those attributes
- I want that you should give up this idea of outside living and working and regard it only as a temporary trick of Maya. I need such strong men as yourself to stick with me and together we shall go back to Home, back to Godhead
- It doesn't matter I leave this body. Even in death I'll live. One year before or one year after... Now as far as possible, I have trained you. Try to follow the principles. And go ahead. Don't be set back by maya's tricks. Go ahead, forward, at any cost
- Lawyers have to resort to all sorts of trickery to get around a law in which they have become professionally entangled. And of course, those who are in the service of other professions have to do the same kind of thing without fail
- Lord's dying or quitting His body is like the jugglery of a magician. The magician shows by his tricks that he is cut to pieces, burnt to ashes or made unconscious by hypnotic influences, but all are false shows only
- Of course that is a great art and not everyone can do it, but gradually by practice of preaching in this way, striving to so much present a wonderful picture of our books to the people, gradually you will master the trick how to do it
- One after another he took away almost all the boys and put them in the caves of the mountain and sealed the mouths of the caves with stones. Krsna could understand the trick the demon was playing
- One should not be disturbed by the tricks of eternal time. Even the great controller of the universe, Brahmaji, is also under the control of that time
- Our hearts (Lalita Devi's and Radharani's) are so polluted by miserable conditions that we are certainly going to Pluto's kingdom. Nevertheless, Krsna does not give up His beautiful loving smiling, which is full of cheating tricks
- So we have to somehow or other push on and Krishna will give us a chance. For yourself also you can try and take a visa as a teacher and some of your students may demand your presence. We have to play some tricks for Krishna's sake. What can be done?
- So-called earners of money are those who simply know tricks by which they can take away God's money under the guise of business and industry. After accumulating this money, they enjoy seeing it plundered by their sons and grandsons
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommended that Raghunatha dasa keep his Krsna consciousness firmly fixed in his heart while externally behaving like an ordinary man. This is a trick for everyone advanced in Krsna consciousness
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "O Sanatana, you must give up your intelligent tricks. Now just try to understand the description of the saktyavesa-avataras"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very eager to see Gopala, but He did not want to climb Govardhana Hill. Therefore by some trick the Gopala Deity personally descended
- The black ointment around Her (Radharani's) eyes is Her tricky behavior with Krsna brought about by love. Her joking with Krsna and gentle smiling constitute the camphor with which She is perfumed
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) employed many conjuring tricks against the Personality of Godhead (Varahadeva), who is the Lord of yogamaya. At the sight of this the people were filled with alarm and thought that the dissolution of the universe was near
- The other two years, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to go to Vrndavana, but He could not leave Jagannatha Puri because of Ramananda Raya's tricks
- These books are the best advertising, they are better than advertising. If we simply present Krishna Consciousness in a serious and attractive way, without need to resort to fashionable slogans or tricks, that is sufficient
- This man is playing some trick so we shall also play some trick. We shall take all the Shebaits to court and pray to the court to settle the matter
- This trick (piercing the eye of a fish hanging on the ceiling) was especially made because only Arjuna could do it, and he (Maharaja Drupada) was successful in his desire to hand over his equally worthy daughter (Draupadi) to Arjuna
- We have got such stock of real substance that alone it is sufficient to capture the readers, without such ordinary tricks and commercial formulas
- We have to somehow or other push on and Krishna will give us a chance. For yourself also you can try and take a visa as a teacher and some of your students may demand your presence. We have to play some tricks for Krishna's sake
- When Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya heard these words, they began to consider that it was not at all good that they had played so many tricks on the Lord
- When such nice prasadam was put on the plate of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord was outwardly very angry. Nonetheless, when the preparations were placed on His plate sometimes by tricks and sometimes by force, the Lord was satisfied
- You may see me at Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri, when I return after visiting Vrndavana. By that time you can think of some trick to escape
- You may show the stick, threaten, but better art is to somehow or other, even by tricking them, avoid this matter of force and induce them to obey out of loving spirit. That is success of disciplinary method
- You must take the full responsibility to give them all guidance and facility for perfecting their lives in Krishna Consciousness. The trick is to keep everyone always engaged happily in Krishna's service, then they will advance rapidly