Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
luster | lusterless | lusters | lustre | lustrous
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Luster"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- Due to grief, Arjuna's mouth and lotuslike heart had dried up. Therefore his body lost all luster. Now, remembering the Supreme Lord, he could hardly utter a word in reply
- Due to having no information of Krsna consciousness they appeared very dirty and wretched. Since they have taken to Krsna consciousness, their health has improved, and by their following the rules and regulations, their bodily luster has increased
- He (Asvatthama) had already lost his bodily luster due to infanticide, and now, moreover, having lost the jewel from his head, he lost even more strength. Thus he was unbound and driven out of the camp
- He (Gadadhara dasa) is stated to be the luster of the body of Srimati Radharani, just as Srila Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami is an incarnation of Srimati Radharani Herself
- Her (Mohini-murti's) ears were equally decorated with earrings, Her cheeks were very beautiful, Her nose was raised and Her face full of youthful luster. Her large breasts made Her waist seem very thin
- Her (Srimati Radharani's) bodily luster seems to place even gold into a painful situation. Thus the wonderful, unprecedented beauty of Srimati Radharani is awakening in Vrndavana
- His (Vidyadhara, the serpent's) bodily features were so beautiful that he appeared to be worshipable. There was a luster and effulgence emanating from his body, and he was garlanded with a gold necklace
- His body shone with the same luster as that of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and he showed the same absorption in ecstatic love of Godhead. People came from all provinces of Bengal to see these symptoms
- I have received the color proofs for the books and have noted that it is not as good as the foreign printing. It is missing the luster, but it is not bad
- In the morning Her (Radharani's) body is bathed in the nectar of compassion, in the afternoon in the nectar of youth, and in the evening in the nectar of luster itself. In this way the bathing is performed
- In the presence of the glaring effulgence of the bodily luster of Narayana, everyone else's (Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, the Gandharvas and all present there) luster faded away, and everyone stopped speaking
- In this age of Kali, abortion - killing of the child within the womb - has become very common, and sometimes a child is even killed after birth. If a woman performs such an abominable act, she gradually loses all her bodily luster
- It is said, "All the associates of Lord Krsna have lustrous bodily features, and their eyes are just like lotus flowers"
- Laksmana said, "I carried in my hands a golden necklace bedecked with jewels, which glittered at intervals. My curling hair encircled my face, which shone with a bright luster due to the reflection of my various earrings"
- Let your daughter's desire for marriage, which is recognized in the Vedic scriptures, be fulfilled. Who would not accept her hand? She is so beautiful that by her bodily luster alone she excels the beauty of her ornaments
- Out of fear of the Supreme Personality of Godhead the wind blows, out of fear of Him the sun shines, out of fear of Him the rain pours forth showers, and out of fear of Him the host of heavenly bodies shed their luster
- Over and above the other baths (that Radharani takes), the bath taken in the afternoon is taken in the nectar of full beauty. This nectar represents the personal qualities of beauty and luster. Thus there are three baths in different kinds of water
- She (Devahuti) stood and scratched the ground with her foot, which was radiant with the luster of her gemlike nails. Her head bent down, she spoke in slow yet charming accents, suppressing her tears
- Some of the princes, as a matter of etiquette, appeared before Sisupala. They saw that Sisupala was discouraged, like one who has lost his wife. His face appeared dried up, he had lost all his energy, and all the luster of his body had disappeared
- The bodily luster and beauty of Rukmini appeared as if painted by an artist perfectly presenting beauty following the descriptions of great poets
- The brahma-jyotir, or Brahman effulgence, is due to His bodily luster. Therefore it is said here, svayam-jyotih: He Himself is light. His light is distributed in different ways, as the brahma-jyotir, as sunlight and as moonlight
- The effulgent bodily luster of the Supreme Lord is the cause of the creation of infinite universes
- The gopis and inhabitants of Vrndavana used to see the luster of lotus flowers everywhere, and they could hardly withdraw their eyes from such a vision
- The Kaustubha jewel hanging on His (Krsna's) chest glittered with great luster, and the Lord wore a beautiful flower garland
- The luster of His beautiful face increased at every moment, and the eyes of hundreds and thousands of devotees drank its honey like bumblebees
- The luster of the hosts of jewels fixed on the chest of the Lord can defeat even the luster of the sun, and still, when compared with the bodily luster of the Lord, that crest of jewels appears to be only as bright as one of the stars in the sky
- The luster of the transcendental body of the Lord mocked the beauty of the coral mountain. The coral mountain is very beautifully dressed by the evening sky, but the yellow dress of the Lord mocked its beauty
- The necklace of pearls which decorates the upper portion of the Lord's body is also spiritual, and therefore the yogi is advised to gaze at the whitish luster of the pearls decorating His chest
- The ornaments on the arms of the Lord are as brilliant and lustrous as if they had been polished very recently
- The pillars of the houses and palaces (in Dvaraka) were bedecked with jewels such as touchstone, sapphire and emerald, and the floors gave off a beautiful luster
- The professional prostitutes jubilantly smeared these liquid substances on the bodies of the men, and the men reciprocated in the same way. All the liquid substances had been mixed with turmeric and saffron, and their color was a lustrous yellow
- The sastras state that the following bodily features indicate a great personality: a reddish luster in seven places - the eyes, the palms, the soles, the palate, the lips, the tongue, and the nails
- The word "sarva-kanti" indicates that all beauty and luster rest in Her body. All the laksmis derive their beauty from Her
- Their (the gopis) churning rods, their arms, their earrings, their bangles, their breasts - everything moved, and kunkuma powder gave their faces a saffron luster comparable to the rising sun
- They (different rulers of the world) were very weak due to hunger, and their faces had lost all beauty and luster. The kings' long imprisonment had caused every part of their bodies to become slack and invalid
- Those two gatekeepers (Jaya and Vijaya), the best of the demigods, their beauty and luster diminished by the curse of the brahmanas (Kumaras), became morose and fell from Vaikuntha, the abode of the Supreme Lord
- When a person attains his desired object and feels very fortunate, the luster of his body increases. Because of his own qualities and feelings of greatness, he does not care for anyone else, and this is called garva, or pride
- When Daksa, the leader of the Prajapatis, entered that assembly, his personal bodily luster as bright as the effulgence of the sun, the entire assembly was illuminated, and all the assembled personalities became insignificant in his presence
- When one is bereft of all his possessions, he is certainly reduced in bodily luster. But although Bali Maharaja had lost everything, he was fixed in his determination to satisfy Vamanadeva
- When one is captured by despondency, thoughts, tears, loss of bodily luster, humility and heavy breathing result
- When one's consciousness and intelligence are without any brilliant thoughts about Krsna, they become morose and lusterless, so much so that one cannot derive any benefit despite sharp intelligence