Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
letter | lettered | lettering | letters
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Letter"
The following 107 pages are in this category, out of 107 total.
- A peon's duty is that he must sincerely carry out the order of the postmaster and deliver the letter to the proper person. That is their duty. Similarly, this parampara system is like that. Every one of us should become a spiritual master
- After being situated in this yoga practice and vibrating the sacred syllable om, the supreme combination of letters, if one thinks of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and quits his body, he will certainly reach the spiritual planets
- After delivering the letter, the men inquired from Sivananda Sena about Raghunatha dasa, but Sivananda Sena replied, "He did not come here"
- After some days Jagannatha Misra inaugurated the primary education of his son by performing the hate khadi ceremony. Within a very few days the Lord learned all the letters and combinations of letters
- Am including herewith one letter to the Minister of Home Affairs
- Amongst the consonants (in Sanskrit), the first twenty-five letters are called the sparsas. There are also four antah-sthas. Of the usmas there are three s's, called talavya, murdhanya and dantya
- As I am scheduled to stay in Mayapur up to the end of March, I am giving a copy of your letter to my zonal secretary. So you should hear from him shortly
- By reading your letter, it seems that you are very fortunate. Krsna has given you the best opportunity for developing your Krsna consciousness and certainly He wants to help you. Therefore He has advised you to approach me
- By your letters, I could understand your heart. Therefore, in order to teach you, I sent you one verse, which reads as follows
- Factually the transcendental sound omkara, although a combination of the three letters a, u and m, has transcendental potency, and one who chants omkara will very soon realize omkara and Lord Visnu to be nondifferent
- Fortunately, yesterday evening the chief minister of Assam, Sriman Mahendra Mohan, came to see me and I have requested him to write a letter to Mr. Naik
- I am counting every moment for starting the Temple of Sri Sri Radha Krishna and here is the opportunity now which we must utilize without delay. Please therefore reply this letter immediately per return of post and oblige
- I am in due receipt of your invitation letter and I am very glad that your daughter Kum Kum is going to be married. Please convey all my blessings to the bride and bridegroom
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated July 6, 1975 and your invitation to come to your house. I thank you very much for it, and shall be please to come on July 19th. I shall be accompanied with up to six disciples
- I am so glad to receive your letter dated 15th March, 1971. I am so glad to learn that you are in Bombay and are eager to see me. I have therefore fixed up time on Tuesday at 9:00 A.M. It will be very pleasant to see you from 9:00 A.M. to 10 A.M
- I am surprised that such bogus letters have come from parties claiming to belong to our centers. Our disciple Krishna das is in Germany, not in Montreal. Anyway, such irresponsible letters dispatched from our temples must be stopped immediately
- I am very glad to receive the copy of the letter from United Nations information department and it is very hopeful for our future activities
- I am very insignificant. I have no capacity. My business is only to convey the message of Krsna. Just like a postal peon; his business is to convey the letter
- I am very sorry for any inconvenience that has come upon you due to this misunderstanding. I did not receive any letter from you until now about the situation so I was not aware fully of the circumstances as you have given them
- I am very thankful for your letter in appreciation of our Krishna consciousness movement. You will be very much useful in this great movement. Please immediately come to Bombay at the above address and we shall talk in detail and do the needful
- I am writing this letter to inform you that I am now sending Bhagavata dasa brahmacari there to Fiji to be co-manager with your good self. This man is very experienced in the Gujarati communities
- I beg to acknowledge receipt of your Bengali letter dated 5 February 1976. I have noted the contents therein and I wish to invite you to come and stay here in Mayapur
- I beg to inform you that I am in reciept of your invitation letter in the matter of observing Bhagavata week through the secretary of Bombay spiritual centre
- I can understand from your letters that you want to retire from business. It is very good proposal, but instead of devoting yourself to solitude, why not come with me and travel in foreign countries for some time?
- I have also received a letter from a diseased man, but what can I do?
- I have been away on a tour of Europe and America and upon returning to Bombay I have just gotten your letter. Therefore I have not replied sooner. I shall be coming to Vrndavana within a short time and we can talk there
- I have received one encouraging letter from Dr. Channa Reddy, Governor of Uttar Pradesh. He is very enthusiastic in this project. So I am very anxiously awaiting your reply to my letter
- I have received one letter from a Mr. Morris Yanoff with a news paper clipping explaining the disappearance of his Grandson David Yanoff age 12 years. Mr. Yanoff is very anxious about the whereabouts of his grandson and he has asked me to help locate him
- I have received the letter of Mr. Altman and I shall act according to his desire. So you can transfer $200.00 for Altman and $6000.00 altogether $6200.00 to my savings account No. 19282 at the Trade Bank And Trust Company
- I like very much your proposal for approaching all the big leaders of the world and presenting them one Bhagavad-Gita As It Is and one copy of BTG, along with letter of description of our Krishna Consciousness Movement
- I thank you very much for your letter dated nil, and I have carefully noted the contents. I have the same feeling upon you as my beloved son. And I still maintain the feeling hoping you will be a great help in the Krsna Consciousness Movement
- I understand from the letter of Asita das that he has gone to your place in Jagannatha Puri. He has asked permission from me for taking initiation from you. I have given him my permission and you can initiate him if you like
- I would like to have a letter of introduction sent here from Mr. J.B. Patnaik. When we have a positive letter introducing our organization, we can send one man to see Mr. Patnaik in Bhuvanesvara
- I'm expecting some letter from Russia. So, if such letter comes, you can keep the original letter, but send me a copy
- If one puts letters in postboxes authorized by the general post office, the function of carrying letters is performed without a doubt. Similarly, the arca-murti can also deliver the same unlimited potency of the Lord as when He is personally present
- If you go on Sankirtana to the big steel-making city in India and you do not take donation of steel from the citizens, only some letters, then where is your credit? Chanting and dancing, that's all right, but there must be some tangible results
- If you take shelter of Krsna, then you'll know: Oh, I have got now shelter." There is no more confusions. There is no more hopelessness. You can understand it very well. And I receive so many letters daily, how they are hopeful in Krsna consciousness
- In His letter Krsna advised Kalayavana that he should immediately go and find some dark well for his residence, because there was a black snake named Krsna who was very eager to devour all such sinful frogs
- In his letter to Sanatana Gosvami, Srila Rupa Gosvami wrote, "We two brothers are starting out to go see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You must also somehow or other get released and come meet us"
- In reply to your Bengali letter registered posted to Delhi, I have advised the president of the Mayapur center to do the needful. The copy is enclosed and you can see personally
- In the arrangement of the first line the letter 'ta' occurs five times, and the arrangement of the third line repeats the letter 'ra' five times
- In the fourth line the letter 'bha' occurs four times. This arrangement of alliteration is a pleasing ornamental use of sounds
- In this letter the King requested Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Please appeal to all the devotees associated with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and submit this petition to them on my behalf"
- In your letter dated January 24, you informed me that two pairs of Murtis were to be received by the 5th of February, but I have not heard anything whether any one of the pairs has already been dispatched
- It appears that the letter is missing. I therefore request you to issue a duplicate of your letter under reference and send it to me to the above address immediately so that I can take action on it
- It is not so easy to approach such big people by letter. An attempt to see them personally is better. Otherwise it is a waste of time. Thousands of advertisements are going in the mail. Who cares for them?
- It is stated in the Brahma-samhita that Lord Brahma was initiated into the eighteen-letter Krsna mantra, which is generally accepted by all the devotees of Lord Krsna. We follow the same principle because we belong to the Brahma sampradaya
- Jariwala's letter is not very encouraging. He is prepared to some silver Murtis; Murtis we have already got. Therefore we should not take him for the present very seriously. Later on we shall thank over the matter
- Just before His Divine Grace passed away at Jagannatha Puri, I wrote him a letter asking what I could do to serve him. In reply, he wrote me a letter ordering me to preach in English the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as I had heard it from him
- My sister from Calcutta has addressed me one letter that she has heard by some source that I am coming to Mayapur during the great festival. This means that some of our godbrothers and sisters may be expecting me during the ensuing festival there
- My students, they offer me so much respect, but all these respects are due to my spiritual master. I am nothing. I am just like peon. Just like peon delivers one letter. He is not responsible for what is written in that letter
- Of letters I (Krsna) am the letter A, and among compound words I am the dual compound. I am also inexhaustible time, and of creators I am Brahma
- Omkara is a combination of the letters a, u and m - the letter u (u-kara) indicates Srimati Radharani
- On my world tour, I have received your letter redirected to New York City. I started from Bombay on the 24th of Jan., then via Hong Kong, Japan, Hawaii, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Caracas, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, New York, and London
- On the map of Vrndavana it is still called Chattikara Road. Also still on the letterhead. If the municipality has decided to rename the road in my name, why it is not yet changed?
- One Bengali gentleman from London has sent me a letter praising your decoration of the Deities. The exact words he has used are that one cannot turn his face once turning towards the Deities. I have also seen the slides and my opinion is also the same
- One gopi addressed Radharani thusly, "My dear Krsangi (delicate one), just see how Subala is whispering Your message into Krsna's ear, how he is delivering the confidential letter of Syamadasi silently into Krsna's hand"
- One letter you have written has been brought to my attention that on the letterhead it is printed that Hare Krishna Movement is affiliated with Sri Sanatana Dharma Sabha
- One thing is that in some cases I wasn't certain whether the names given were masculine or feminine. So from now on in all such cases the letter M or F, indicating Male or Female
- Pavarga consists of the combinations of five letters: pa, pha, ba, bha, and ma. These letters are the first letters of the words for five different conditions as described below
- Please accept my blessings. I beg to thank you for your appreciative letter dated December 1st, 1975. Yes, when I come next time I will see you
- Raghunatha dasa’s father wrote a letter to Sivananda Sena, asking him with great humility, "Please return my son"
- Ramananda Raya said, "My dear Lord, with Your permission I have already written a letter to the King with great humility"
- Regarding the letter of credit, I beg to inform you that I have got good accounts in some of the very respectable banks in America in which there are branches in Calcutta
- Regarding the letter to the draft board, I would like that you boys may decide among yourselves what is to be done. When you have decided amongst yourselves, send it to me and I shall sign
- Replying to the King's letter, the Bhattacarya wrote that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had not given His permission. After this, the King wrote him another letter
- Rukmini addresses a letter to Krsna as follows: "My dear unconquerable Krsna, my marriage day is fixed for tomorrow. I request that You come to the city of Vidarbha without advertising Yourself"
- Rukmini wrote a letter to Krsna: "After You've entered the city, have Your soldiers and commanders suddenly surround and defeat all the strength of the King of Magadha and by thus adopting the methods of the demons, please kidnap and marry me"
- Thank you very much for your kindly making available your house in Allahabad during the Kumbha Mela. I will have my disciple Gurudas Swami pick up the keys from Dr. Ram Das Tiwari as you have indicated in your letter
- The first letter, pa, comes from the word parabhava, which means "defeat." In this material struggle for existence, we are simply meeting defeat
- The great devotee Uddhava once wrote a letter to Krsna, "But still, in spite of my reputation, my knowledge is condemned, because although enjoying the effulgence of Vedic knowledge"
- The King sent a letter from his capital, Kataka, to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, entreating him to obtain the Lord's permission so that he could go and see Him
- The letter ba comes from the word bandha, or bondage. Bha is taken from the word bhiti, or fearfulness. Ma is taken from the word mrti, or death
- The letters of the holy name have so much spiritual potency that they act even when uttered improperly
- The man known as Asoka Fakir, now living in San Francisco, is advertising himself that the members of our temple are all his disciples. This man has written me letter also, from which I can understand that he is a hodge-podge man
- The newsletters which you have sent are very nice. Thank you very much
- The next letter, pha, is taken from the word phenila. Phenila is the foam which is found on the mouth when one is very tired
- The purpose, as it will be revealed, was to attend to a confidential letter sent by Rukmini, His future first wife. Krsna's leaving the battlefield is a display of one of His six opulences
- The Vedas should be vibrated as they are, although they are symbolically represented with letters which are known to us materially
- The Vedic knowledge is infallible because it comes down directly from the Supreme Lord unto the heart of Brahma, and since he is the most perfect living being, Brahmaji is always correct to the letter
- Then Ramananda Raya inquired from Rupa Gosvami about the causes of the loving affairs between Krsna and the gopis, such as previous attachment, transformations of love, endeavors for love, and exchanges of letters disclosing the gopis
- There are hundreds of letters of appreciation, including some from you also, but you have not mentioned even a single line about me in the pamphlet. Why??
- There is no need of replying Parvat Maharaja's letter. He did not reply my letter & why he would expect a reply from you. Do your duty nicely & go Back to Godhead
- Uddhava wrote a letter to Krsna and said, "My dear Supreme King of Vraja, You are the vision of nectar for the eyes, and without seeing Your lotus feet and the effulgence of Your body, my mind is always morose"
- Upon reading the letter, everyone was astonished to see that King Prataparudra had so much devotion for the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Upon receiving this message from his two messengers, Rupa Gosvami immediately wrote a letter to Sanatana Gosvami saying that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had departed for Vrndavana
- Use Mr. Nair's letter that he wanted to give us the land at concession because we had no money at the time
- We have received one letter from Cox and King's, one of the world's biggest travel agencies, requesting us to assist them by providing facilities for all the tourists coming from foreign places who are interested in seeing the real spiritual life of India
- We may find some mailboxes on the street, and if we post our letters in those boxes, they will naturally go to their destination without difficulty. But any old box which is not authorized by the post office, will not do the work
- We receive so many letters from our foreign student how they're feeling. Because they have taken seriously, they're feeling obliged that "We have got life pratyaksavagamam.'' Pratyaksa means direct
- We wish to go to the Jagannatha temple again, and let us see what they do. The Hindu Vishva Parishad approves us as rigid Hindus as it it will be clear from the letter of Swami Cinmayananda
- When I was in Mayapur I received your invitation letter dated February 26; I received your letter on March 3rd, and was not able to attend, but I thank you very much
- When the Bhattacarya received this letter, he became very anxious. He then took the letter and went to the devotees of the Lord
- While Sanatana Gosvami was imprisoned in Bengal, a letter arrived from Srila Rupa Gosvami
- You can go there and present the introduction letter and he will do the needful
- You have written several letters showing your humility. I can understand your behavior from those letters
- You must secure one letter from Temple University stating that our Nectar of Devotion is being used as a text. This will be very helpful in introducing our literature in all the big Universities all over the country
- Your emphasis to fight the deprogrammers by a program of education of parents is very good. You can send favorable letters by parents to other parents
- Your letter under reply gives me great pleasure when I understand from your childhood you are a great devotee of Lord Krishna, and now in your old age you are still anxious to preach the doctrine of Lord Krishna, namely, to surrender to the SP of Godhead