Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"learned brahmana" | "learned brahmanas" | "learned brahmana's"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Learned Brahmana"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total.
- A king, there must be one king responsible. But he was guided by the ministers and learned brahmanas, sages. There was a body to guide him, to train him. Therefore, the monarchical government was perfect
- A learned and gentle brahmana is the embodiment of nature's mode of goodness. Among the beasts, the cow is the embodiment of this same mode of goodness
- A learned brahmana should become a teacher, a priest and a recipient of charity. A bona fide brahmana is authorized to accept such professions
- A progressive brahmana must necessarily become a Vaisnava, for a Vaisnava is a self-realized, learned brahmana
- According to his (Romaharsana's) position by birth he should not even have accepted the higher sitting position, because many learned brahmanas and sages were present (at Naimisaranya)
- According to Vedic scripture, whenever a child is born there are some ceremonies known as jata-karma and nama-karana, in which learned brahmanas, immediately after the birth of the child, make a horoscope according to astrological calculations
- Actually, sastra is not for the loafer class. For highly learned brahmanas and highly elevated ksatriyas. And the vaisyas and the sudras, they are not expected to become very learned in sastra
- After King Yudhisthira took his bath at the conclusion of the sacrifice and stood in the midst of all the learned sages and brahmanas, he seemed exactly like the King of heaven and thus looked very beautiful
- Although there was monarchy, still there was a council of learned brahmanas and sages. They used to advise the king. The brahmanas did not take part in politics, but they gave advice, instruction to the kings, rajarsi
- As soon as all the brahmanas and Sanatana Gosvami saw the Nawab appear, they all stood up and respectfully gave him a sitting place to honor him
- As the brahmanas chanted the Vedic hymns and performed the ritualistic ceremonies for the second time, Nanda Maharaja again gave them huge quantities of grain and many cows
- Because Vallabha Bhatta was a learned brahmana, Gadadhara Pandita could not forbid him. Thus he began to think of Lord Krsna. "My dear Lord Krsna," he requested, "please protect me in this danger. I have taken shelter of You"
- Brahmanas generally used to become astrologers, Ayur-vedic physicians, teachers and priests. Although highly learned and respectable, such brahmanas went from door to door to distribute their knowledge
- Endowed with all these attributes, the son of Maharaja Nabhi became more powerful day after day. Due to this, the citizens, learned brahmanas, demigods and ministers wanted Rsabhadeva to be appointed ruler of the earth
- Even in the Middle Ages, Maharaja Candragupta was guided by the learned brahmana Canakya Pandita
- Everywhere were heard the sounds of the conchshell and kettledrum and various other vibrations of music and song. The learned brahmanas showered their blessings upon the newly married couple (Krsna and Satya)
- Having been instructed by the great and learned brahmana Vasistha, who discoursed about the Absolute Truth, Iksvaku became renounced. By following the principles for a yogi, he certainly achieved the supreme perfection after giving up his material body
- He (King Nabhi) entrusted Him into the hands of learned brahmanas, who would guide Him in administrating the government
- He (Yudhisthira) ordered the musical vibration of different instruments and songs, and the learned brahmanas of the city began to chant the hymns of the Vedas very loudly
- Here is a learned, highly qualified brahmana, engaged in performing austerity and eagerly desiring to worship the Supreme Lord, the Supersoul who lives within the core of the heart in all living entities
- I then said, 'Please hear. You are a learned brahmana. Your wife, friends and relatives will never agree to this proposal'
- If a learned brahmana takes charity from others only according to his needs, he does not become entangled in sinful activities
- If one argues that since cow dung is pure, the stool of a learned brahmana is still more pure, his argument will not be accepted. Cow dung is accepted, and the stool of a highly posted brahmana is rejected
- If we have properly carried out our occupational duties, and if we have been guided by learned brahmanas, I wish, in exchange, that this brahmana be freed from the burning caused by the Sudarsana cakra
- Ill-fated yogis are given a chance in the next birth by being placed in the families of good learned brahmanas or in the families of rich merchants in order to execute the unfinished task of Vasudeva realization
- In almost all cases, whatever learned brahmanas speak becomes accepted; nothing is impossible for one who takes shelter of My illusory energy and speaks under her influence
- In the meantime, only a muhurta of the Dvadasi day was left on which to break the fast. Consequently, it was imperative that the fast be broken immediately. In this dangerous situation, the King consulted learned brahmanas
- In this Age of Kali there is no such learned brahmana or priest available; therefore, all such sacrifices are forbidden. The only sacrifice recommended in the sastras is the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra
- It is said that without being a qualified brahmana one should not read the mantras of the Vedas. Here is the proof that the brahmanas were qualified with all the brahminical symptoms. Maharaja Nanda also had full faith in them
- It is very difficult for one to surrender fully unto the Personality of Godhead without being purified by devotional service. The example of the learned brahmanas and their wives is vivid
- King Citraketu was especially pleased. After purifying himself by bathing and by decorating himself with ornaments, he engaged learned brahmanas in offering benedictions to the child and performing the birth ceremony
- King Nabhi enthroned Him as the emperor of the world to give protection to the general populace in terms of the Vedic religious system. To do this, he entrusted Him into the hands of learned brahmanas, who would guide Him in administrating the government
- King Rahugana said: O brahmana, you appear to be moving in this world very much covered and unknown to others. Who are you? Are you a learned brahmana and saintly person? I see that you are wearing a sacred thread
- King Yayati said, "O learned, worshipable brahmana, I have not yet satisfied my lusty desires with your daughter." Sukracarya then replied, "You may exchange your old age with someone who will agree to transfer his youth to you"
- King Yudhisthira, who was very satisfied with the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, had the purificatory process of birth performed. Learned brahmanas, headed by Dhaumya and Krpa, recited auspicious hymns
- Kings from different parts of the world were invited to see the great sacrifice performed by King Yudhisthira, and the citizens, comprising learned brahmanas, chivalrous ksatriyas, well-to-do vaisyas and faithful sudras, all visited the ceremony
- Krsna desired to utilize the opulent financial strength of Maharaja Nanda for worship of the cows & wanted to give a lesson to Indra. Thus He advised His father to perform worship of pasturing land and the cows, with the help of learned brahmanas
- Krsna said, "Prepare rice, dhal, then halava, pakora, puri & all kinds of milk preparations, such as sweet rice, rabri, sweetballs, sandesa, rasagulla & laddu, and invite the learned brahmanas who can chant the Vedic hymns & offer oblations to the fire"
- Ksatriya kings used to obey very faithfully the orders of learned brahmanas and saintly persons, and in this way they would rule their country. Similarly, vaisyas used to follow the king's orders, and sudras used to serve the three higher castes
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "O learned brahmana, you know everything because you are without material contamination"
- My dear King Prthu, if you continue to protect the citizens according to the instructions of the learned brahmana authorities, as they are received by the disciplic succession, then every one of your citizens will be happy and will love you
- O greatly fortunate and learned brahmana, whether Narayana is partial or impartial has become a subject of great doubt. Kindly dispel my doubt with positive evidence that Narayana is always neutral and equal to everyone
- O learned brahmana, it was formerly explained that all the planets of the universe with their respective governors are situated in the different parts of the gigantic body of the virat-purusa
- O learned brahmana, kindly describe to us whatever activities the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who created this cosmic manifestation, has performed in the past manvantaras, is performing at present, and will perform in the future manvantaras
- O learned brahmana, please describe how the leader of all the demigods, namely Prajapati, Brahma, decided to establish the various Manus, the heads of the ages. Please describe the Manus also, and please describe the descendants of those Manus
- O learned brahmana, sometimes I accept the renounced order of life to induce the fallen people of the Age of Kali to accept devotional service to the Lord
- O learned brahmana, the transcendental spirit soul is different from the material body. Does he acquire the body accidentally or by some cause? Will you kindly explain this, for it is known to you
- O learned brahmanas, just as hundreds and thousands of small rivulets issue from great reservoirs of water, innumerable incarnations flow from Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the reservoir of all power
- O learned sages, the first syllable of the word bhagavan (bha) has two meanings: the first is 'one who fully maintains,' and the second is 'guardian.' The second syllable (ga) means 'guide,' 'leader' or 'creator.'
- On another side were many learned brahmanas who were all self-controlled. They were offering nice prayers, which were as soothing as the cool breeze in summer
- On hearing this, the learned brahmana (Sudama) replied, "My dear Krsna, You are the Supreme Lord and the supreme spiritual master of everyone, and since I was fortunate enough to live with You in the house of our guru (Sandipani Muni)"
- Once, when there was no rainfall in the kingdom for twelve years and the King consulted his learned brahminical advisors, they said, "You are faulty for enjoying the property of your elder brother"
- One who actually sees the spirit soul does not distinguish between a learned brahmana and a dog, an elephant or a cow
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: O learned brahmana, demons are generally sinful, being obsessed with the modes of passion and ignorance. How, then, could Vrtrasura have attained such exalted love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana?
- Prahlada Maharaja speaks of the vipras, the learned brahmanas. The learned brahmana is considered best among the divisions of brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra, but a devotee born in a low candala family is better than such brahmanas
- Priesthood is not accepted by learned brahmanas. Nevertheless, the greatly learned brahmana Visvarupa became the priest of the demigods because of his profound respect for them
- Protect the citizens according to the instructions of the learned brahmana authorities
- Simply the qualification of being a learned brahmana is not sufficient to attract the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Sri Sanatana Gosvami used to discuss Srimad-Bhagavatam in an assembly of twenty or thirty learned brahmana scholars
- Sri Suta Gosvami said: O learned brahmanas assembled here at Naimisaranya, when Sukadeva Gosvami, the son of Dvaipayana, was thus questioned by the King, he congratulated the King and then endeavored to describe further the glories of the SPG
- Such a falldown (illicit sex) by the spiritualist may be compensated by another chance for human life in good families of learned brahmanas or of rich merchants for another term of elevation
- Surrounded by his ministers and other officers and the learned brahmanas present, the King (Citraketu) approached and fell unconscious at the child's feet, his hair and dress scattered
- Taking with him many learned brahmanas, all the elderly personalities of his family, his officers, his ministers and his immediate friends, he immediately left the city
- The cowherd men & women were invited to participate in the jubilant celebration (of Krsna's birthday). A nice band played & the assembled people enjoyed it. All the learned brahmanas were invited, & they chanted Vedic hymns for the good fortune of Krsna
- The four sections of human society, namely brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras, are meant to live peacefully in a cooperative mood; this is possible when they are guided by expert Vedic brahmanas who perform sacrifices and distribute wealth equally
- The general populace should follow the perfect brahmana. In this way, one can learn how to control the mind and senses and thus gradually advance to spiritual perfection
- The great administrators, kings and emperors were always under the guidance of learned brahmanas like Krpacarya and thus were able to act properly in the discharge of political responsibilities
- The great elephants from all the directions carried big water jugs full of Ganges water and bathed the goddess of fortune, to the accompaniment of Vedic mantras chanted by learned brahmanas
- The kings of Hastinapura were taken to be the ruling kings of the whole world. Their fame was widely spread throughout the entire kingdom, and their administration was conducted under the good counsel of learned brahmanas
- The kings or the ksatriya administrators would always consult the council of learned brahmanas. They were never autocratic monarchs
- The learned brahmana (Sudama) gradually reached his own home. But there he saw that everything was wonderfully changed
- The learned brahmana (Sudama) remained in that position, and thus his love and affection for Lord Krsna increased day after day; it did not deteriorate due to great opulence
- The learned brahmana (Sudama) thus concluded that whatever opulences he had received from the Lord (Krsna) should be used not for his extravagant sense gratification but for the service of the Lord
- The learned brahmana Sudama did not appear to have received anything substantial from Lord Krsna while at His palace, yet he did not ask anything from the Lord
- The learned brahmanas and priests saw to it that the sacrifice by Maharaja Yudhisthira was performed in exactly the same way as it had been in bygone ages by the demigod Varuna
- The learned brahmanas, expert in Vedic ritualistic performances, were properly regretful, because if one does not develop Krsna consciousness, all discharge of religious duties is simply a waste of time and energy
- The learned brahmanas, who had no other source of income, were completely dependent on the vaisya community for their maintenance, and they received gifts on such festive occasions as birthdays and marriages
- The learned brahmanas, who were very attached to the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies, then arranged for the King's coronation. People from all directions collected all the different paraphernalia for the ceremony. Thus everything was complete
- The learned brahmanas, who were very satisfied with the charities of the King, addressed him as the chief amongst the Purus and informed him that his son was certainly in the line of descent from the Purus
- The trees on the bank of the Yamuna, along with all the cows, bulls & calves, were full of pleasure because of Krsna's appearance there. The brahmana inhabitants of Vrndavana immediately came with their wives to congratulate Krsna and His family members
- There may be a learned brahmana-Vaisnava who can explain clearly and eradicate all doubts, but if he does not follow the Vaisnava principles, then he is not situated on a higher level
- These two learned heads (Srivasa Thakura and Sri Advaita Prabhu) of the brahmana community were the most ardent supporters of Lord Caitanya's movement
- This is the first accusation Jada Bharata made against the King (Rahugana), who was daring to talk to a learned brahmana from the flimsy ground of ignorance, identifying everything with matter
- Those who elect, they must be very sober. So formerly a king was nominated not only by his father or grandfather, but confirmed by the society of learned brahmanas and saintly persons
- Those who fail to achieve success in the bhakti-yoga principles within one life are given a chance to take birth in the next life in a family of rich men or in a royal family or family of learned brahmanas or devotees
- To live in this way (never hoarding money for a luxurious life) is the vow of a qualified brahmana, and all of these brahmanas were well situated in that exalted vow. They were well learned in Vedic knowledge
- When a learned man attains to absolute vision, he can observe every living being - whether a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog, or a dog-eater - with equanimity
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted the learned brahmanas at Varanasi, asking them how his conversion to Islam could be counteracted, they advised him to drink hot ghee and give up his life
- While Sanatana Gosvami was studying Srimad-Bhagavatam in the assembly of learned brahmanas, one day the Nawab of Bengal and another person suddenly appeared
- While the discussion was going on, baby Krsna cried. Without remonstration, mother Yasoda picked the child up on her lap and called the learned brahmanas to chant holy Vedic hymns to counteract the evil spirits
- While the learned brahmana (Sudama) was considering this, a group of beautiful men and women with features resembling those of the demigods, accompanied by musical chanters, approached to welcome him
- With firm faith in the qualified brahmanas, Nanda Maharaja took his child on his lap and bathed Him with water mixed with various herbs while the brahmanas chanted hymns from the Rg, Yajur and Sama Vedas