Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna and the Living Entities
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and the Living Entities"
The following 231 pages are in this category, out of 231 total.
- A devotee who wishes to advance in Krsna consciousness must have knowledge of Krsna's personal form, His three principal energies, His pastimes and the relationship of the living entities with Him
- A living entity can live either on the material plane or in the transcendental abode of the Lord, in accordance with his existential condition
- A living entity is eternally a servant and unless one serves Krsna one has to serve illusion in different varieties of the three modes of material nature and thus wander perpetually within the cycle of birth and death
- A living entity is so made by the will of the Almighty (Krsna) that he is most happy when placing himself in a condition of absolute dependence
- A living entity must have independence, although it is very little, minute. That Krsna does not touch. He'll never touch. You'll have to agree, "Yes, Krsna, I shall surrender unto You. Yes. That is for my benefit." This is Krsna consciousness
- A living entity who desires sayujya-mukti remains in Krsna's Brahman effulgence, which is dependent on Krsna's body (brahmano hi pratisthaham). Such an impersonalist who takes shelter of the Brahman effulgence must surely fall down
- A particle of gold is also gold, and similarly we the living entities, being part and parcel of the supreme controller, isvara, or Bhagavan, Lord Sri Krsna, have all the qualities of the Supreme Lord in minute quantity
- A Vaisnava, or a devotee of Lord Narayana, sees every living entity as part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. Therefore, a Vaisnava's treatment of other living entities is on the absolute platform
- Above all other living entities is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, or Purusottama, who is always liberated from all material conditions
- Actually the whole world is full of Krsna's singing, but it is appreciated in different ways by different kinds of living entities. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita: ye yatha mam prapadyante tams tathaiva bhajamy aham (BG 4.11)
- After Krsna's disappearance, less intelligent people misunderstood Him. They became contaminated with the Mayavada philosophy, which produced so many mental speculators that people forgot the actual position of the Absolute Truth and the living entity
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, all living entities, including different grades of demigods and different grades of overlords, kings and other living entities, are resting in You as parts and parcels of the big unit"
- Akrura continued, "When people deviate from the original knowledge of the Vedas, they try to identify the ordinary living entities with Your Lordship (Krsna and Balarama)"
- Akrura continued, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are not implicated in the activities of those material qualities, for Your supreme knowledge is never overcome like the knowledge of the individual living entity"
- Akrura continued, "Your (Krsna's) appearance is necessary to reestablish actual Vedic knowledge, as opposed to the atheistic philosophy which tries to establish that God and the living entities are one and the same"
- Akrura continued, "Your Lordship (Krsna and Balarama) have appeared on this earth in Your original form to reestablish the real knowledge that the living entities are neither one with nor equal to the Supreme God"
- Akrura said, "Although the minds of those who are devotees of the demigods are fixed on a particular demigod, because You (Krsna) are the Supersoul of all living entities, including the demigods, worship of the demigods indirectly goes to You"
- All living entities in different life forms are sons of Krsna. Therefore they are all meant to serve Krsna, the original supreme father
- All living entities other than the impersonalists and monists can directly take to devotional service in full Krsna consciousness and become liberated by developing transcendental loving service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- All the external activities of his (Bhismadeva) senses at once stopped, and he prayed transcendentally to the controller (Krsna) of all living beings while quitting his material body
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana came out of the village to see Krsna. The assembly consisted of children, old men, women, animals and all living entities; they knew that Krsna was their only means of sustenance
- Although He (Krsna) is the oldest of all living entities, He has His eternal form as a fresh youth. The exact words used in this connection in Srimad-Bhagavatam are vijnanam ajnana-bhidapamarjanam
- Although I am (Krsna) unborn and My transcendental body never deteriorates, and although I am the Lord of all living entities, by My internal energy I still appear in every millennium in My original transcendental form
- Although Jambavan was the strongest living entity of that time, practically all the joints of his bodily limbs became slackened and his strength was reduced practically to nil, for he was struck constantly by the fists of Sri Krsna
- And yet everything that is created does not rest in Me. Behold My mystic opulence! Although I am the maintainer of all living entities, and although I am everywhere, still My Self is the very source of creation. BG 9.5 - 1972
- Another gopi said, "Dear Krsna, dear friend, we know very well that You are not actually the son of mother Yasoda or the cowherd man Nanda Maharaja. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the Supersoul of all living entities"
- Another gopi said, "Great demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are always engaged in chanting the glories of Your (Krsna's) words. They do so to eradicate the sinful activities of all living entities in the material world"
- Any action done for Krsna, is to be considered the highest welfare work for everyone, because the benefit of such an offering is distributed throughout the creation. Love for Krsna is distributed to all living entities
- Any living entity is part and parcel of Krsna. Just like this child is the part and parcel of his father, you are part and parcel of your father
- Arjuna is hearing the science of God from Krsna. The living entity, if he submits to this hearing process, will lose his long-cherished desire to dominate material nature
- Arjuna, as a devotee, does not depend on his speculative strength; rather, he admits his limitations as a living entity and acknowledges Krsna's inestimable position
- As far as the avesa-rupa is concerned, when Krsna empowers some suitable living entity to represent Him, that living entity is called avesa-rupa or saktyavesa-avatara
- As living entities, we are eternal. So temporary business is not our business. Our business should be eternal because we are eternal. And that eternal business is how to serve Krsna
- As mentioned in the Varaha Purana, He expands Himself in visnu-tattva (the svamsa expansion) and in His marginal potency (the vibhinnamsa, or the living entity)
- As parts and parcels of the Supreme Lord (Krsna), the individual living entities can also possess all of these qualities in minute quantities, provided they become pure devotees of the Lord
- As the father impregnates the mother by injecting the living entity within the womb, Krsna injects all the living entities into the womb of the material nature
- As the ideal Supreme Personality, He (Krsna) fulfilled the desires of everyone, from the brahmanas, the highest persons in human society, down to the ordinary living entities, including the lowest of men
- Aside from the rivers, the trees standing on the banks like great ascetics and engaging in welfare activities for all living entities drink the nectar of Krsna's lips by drawing water from the river with their roots
- At that time, when Krsna and Balarama, along with Their wives, children and relatives, sat down in that great sacrificial arena, it appeared that the SP of Godhead was present along with all the living entities and multienergies that are part of Him
- At the same time, the living entities are born from the transcendental body of the Lord
- Because Krsna comes down as human being, we, due to our lack of knowledge, poor fund of knowledge, we think Krsna is as good as we are. But actually it is not. Krsna is God. We are ordinary living entities
- Because of your honest desire, all living entities within the universe will be delivered, for Krsna does not have to do anything to deliver all the living entities of the universe
- Beginning from Brahma, the topmost intelligent living entity within the universe, down to the smallest ant, every living entity's intelligence is overseen by the Lord in His transcendental position as the witness of all actions
- Besides these sixty transcendental qualities, Krsna has four more, which are not manifest even in the Narayana form of Godhead, not to speak of the demigods or living entities
- Besides this inferior nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is a superior energy of Mine, which are all living entities who are struggling with material nature and are sustaining the universe. BG 7.5 - 1972
- Both pious and impious activities are actually due to ignorance because a living entity, as an eternal servant of Krsna, has no need to act for his personal sense gratification
- Both the Supreme Lord and the living entities enter into the material nature. The Supreme Lord, Krsna, by one of His plenary expansions, manifests as Karanodakasayi, Maha-Visnu, the gigantic Visnu form lying in the Causal Ocean
- Brahma is the first creature in this universe. He is the first living entity. He accepts his inability to understand about Krsna, and what to speak of others
- By His (Krsna's) external energetic expansions, He incarnates Himself in the material world amongst the men, animals or demigods to reestablish His forgotten relation with the living entities in different species of life
- By internal energetic bewilderment, Sri Krsna expands Himself into unlimited numbers of Narayanas and exchanges or accepts transcendental loving service from the living entities in the transcendental world
- Desire cannot be completely absent because I am living entity. So my desire should be not to forget Krsna. That's all, that one desire. That is real desire. All other desires, they are foolish. We cannot be desireless, but we should desire only bona fide
- Desiring to expand Himself (Krsna) in multiforms, He glanced over the material energy, and thus innumerable living entities became manifest
- Devotional service to Krsna is the chief function of the living entity. There are different methods for the liberation of the conditioned soul - karma, jnana, yoga and bhakti - but all are dependent on bhakti
- Devotional service to Krsna is the real treasure house for the living entity
- Even Lord Krsna Himself cannot reach the limit of the transcendental qualities of Srimati Radharani. How, then, can an insignificant living entity count them
- Every living entity is an eternal part and parcel of Krsna in spiritual identity, and that the eternal position of the living entity is therefore never on the level of Krsna or greater than Him
- Every other living entity is forced to accept a certain type of body by his previous actions. But when Krsna appears, He always appears in a body that is not forced upon Him by the action of His past deeds
- Everyone, the whole world, the whole universe, all living entities, they are trying to love Krsna. Krsna-prema
- For all living entities to be attracted toward Krsna is natural, and therefore the Lord's real name is Krsna, meaning He who attracts everyone and everything
- For any living entity who has taken shelter of the holy lotus feet of the Lord, nothing is impossible
- For example, as there is no separation between fire and air, there is no separation between Krsna and the living entities. When the living entities forget Krsna, they are not in their normal condition
- For iron to be attracted by a magnet is natural. Similarly, for all living entities to be attracted toward Krsna is natural, and therefore the Lord's real name is Krsna, meaning He who attracts everyone and everything
- Forgetting Krsna, the living entity has been attracted by the external feature from time immemorial. Therefore the illusory energy (maya) gives him all kinds of misery in his material existence
- Formerly, when Lord Krsna descended in Vrndavana, He freed all living entities in the universe from material existence in the same way
- He (a first-class devotee) opens eyes that are closed by forgetfulness of Krsna. Thus the living entity is liberated from the dullness of material energy and is engaged fully in the service of the Lord
- He (Krsna) claims all living entities as His sons, so the fact that He had 161,080 sons attached to Him personally should be no cause for astonishment. Among Krsna's greatly powerful sons, eighteen sons were maha-rathas
- He (Krsna) is an individual as are the other living beings. But the Supreme Lord, or the supreme living being, has the greatest intelligence, and He possesses supermost inconceivable energies of all different varieties
- He (Krsna) is the supreme controller of all living entities, whether in human society, in demigod society in the heavenly planets, or in lower forms of life
- He (Krsna) then appeared before Aristasura and said, "You lowest of living entities! Why are you frightening the inhabitants of Gokula? What will you gain by this action? If you have come to challenge My authority, then I am prepared to fight you"
- He (Lord Krsna) is maintaining all living entities desiring material enjoyment. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who is the giver of intelligence
- He (Lord Krsna) is the original source of all living entities in the material world, and He is situated in everyone's heart as the Supersoul
- He does not have to endeavor for His maintenance, because He is the master of all mystic powers and the proprietor of everything. Thus He is distinct from the living entities
- His (Krsna's) meditation on Brahman or Paramatma or Bhagavan is on Himself only and not on anything else beyond Himself. This meditation cannot be imitated by the ordinary living entity
- I am glad that you are appreciating this Krsna consciousness movement which is meant for the welfare of all living entities in the universe. Our philosophy is that there cannot be happiness or peace unless everyone serves the Supreme Lord
- If one is serious about understanding the Vedic knowledge, then Krsna gives the required intelligence. Why does He present the Vedic knowledge for understanding? Because a living entity individually needs to understand Krsna
- If you are engaged in Krsna's service do you think you will starve? Why? You cannot starve. He is well-wisher of all living entities. Why not for you? This confidence must be there
- In His Paramatma feature, Krsna is the old friend of everyone. According to Vedic injunction, Krsna is sitting with the living entity side by side
- In that case, by the word 'ca,' the word 'eva' is meant. The word 'api' can be taken in the sense of aggregation. Thus the verse would read atmarama eva - that is, even all kinds of living beings worship Krsna
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord confirms that He awards different positions to different living entities in proportion to their surrender. This proportionate reward by the Personality of Godhead to the living entities is not partiality
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says, "Give up everything and just surrender unto Me." This process of realizing the S P of Godhead is open for everyone, but still it is the choice of the particular living entity whether to accept or reject this proposal
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says, "I am the seed-giving father of all living entities." It is very simple to understand that the father gives birth to the children but the children act according to their own desires
- In the Seventh Chapter He (Lord Krsna) spoke of the living entity as being part and parcel of the supreme whole and recommended that he (Arjuna) transfer his attention fully to the whole
- In the Vedas (Krsna) He is described as the chief among all living entities (nityo nityanam cetanas cetananam (Katha Upanisad 2.2.13)). Then again He is addressed as isvara, or the controller
- Indra said, "I therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet. My dear Lord Krsna), You are not only the supreme controller but also the spiritual master of all living entities"
- Indra said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are the supreme father, the supreme spiritual master and the supreme king. Therefore, You have the right to chastise all living entities whenever there is any discrepancy in their behavior"
- Indra said, "You (Krsna) can appear anywhere, according to Your desire, in any one of Your eternal forms. You are the root of all creation and the Supreme Soul of all living entities"
- It is confirmed in the CC that the living entities are wandering within the universe in various species of life but by the mercy of Krsna & the spiritual master they can get the seed of devotional service, and thus their path of liberation can be cleared
- It is confirmed in the Upanisads that Krsna, or the Supreme Lord, is the chief among all living entities and that He maintains them and supplies them with all necessities of life
- It is the living entity's constitutional position to be an eternal servant of Krsna because he is the marginal energy of Krsna and a manifestation simultaneously one with and different from the Lord, like a molecular particle of sunshine or fire
- It is wonderful that Dvaraka has defeated the glories of the heavenly planets and has enhanced the celebrity of the earth. The inhabitants of Dvaraka are always seeing the soul of all living beings (Krsna) in His loving feature
- King Nrga said, "You are the source of all happiness for all living entities; therefore You are known as Govinda. You are the Lord of those living entities who have accepted material bodies and those who have not yet accepted material bodies"
- King Nrga said, "You, my Lord (Krsna), are infallible. You are the Supreme, the purest of all living entities. You live in everyone's heart"
- Krsna explained to His father, "The cloud is caused by the action of the mode of passion; therefore it is the mode of passion which causes the rainfall. And after the rainfall, the living entities derive the result - success in agricultural work"
- Krsna has four more qualities, they are as follows: 61) He is the performer of wonderful varieties of pastimes (especially His childhood pastimes). 62) He can attract all living entities all over the universes by playing on His flute
- Krsna is feeding unlimited number of living entities, beginning from the elephant down to the ant
- Krsna is not afraid of anyone. On the contrary, everyone is afraid of Krsna. Therefore He can actually give protection to a subordinate living entity
- Krsna is not incapable, for He has all potencies. Why would He induce you to suffer the sinful reactions of other living entities
- Krsna is not miser. He is supplying millions and millions of living entities bread. So what is the use of asking Him? The birds, the beasts, they have no church and pray to God, "Oh, give us our daily bread," but nobody is starving
- Krsna is so kind, He is so affectionate, that we have come to enjoy this material world, He is giving us the facilities. Just like the master is giving the facility to the dog. But He wants, Krsna wants that every living entity should be obedient to Him
- Krsna is the full effulgence, and every living being is part and parcel of that effulgence
- Krsna is the original cause of the spiritual world, and He is the covered cause of the material manifestation. He is also the original cause of the marginal potency, the living entities
- Krsna is the original master or husband of everyone, and all other living entities, having taken the form of so-called husbands, or wives, are dancing according to His desire
- Krsna is the original purusa, and the living entities are prakrti. Thus Krsna is the enjoyer, and all living entities are meant to be enjoyed by Him
- Krsna is the Supreme Being and thus the proprietor of all the material worlds, and Krsna is the only friend who can actually do good to all living entities
- Krsna is the Supreme Person. He has created us, Krsna's family. We also address Krsna, "O Father, give us our daily bread." And He's actually giving us bread. Not only us, to all the living entities. So it is a big family
- Krsna said, "As the Supreme Absolute Truth, I am transcendental to the living entity, as well as to his material embodiment. The two energies, material and spiritual, both act under My supreme control"
- Krsna said, "It appears that they are trying to get out of the darkness that has obliged them to accept the form of trees. The trees born in the land of Vrndavana are not ordinary living entities"
- Krsna said, "The living entity is imprisoned in the material condition on account of his false conception of himself as the supreme enjoyer. This false ego of the living entity is the cause of his imprisonment in material existence"
- Krsna used to give cows in charity to the brahmanas, with opulent decorations and paraphernalia. Then, wishing for the welfare of all living entities, He would touch auspicious articles such as milk, honey, ghee (clarified butter), gold, jewels and fire
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, does not require any education, but He gives a chance to the goddess of learning to serve Him. Being self-sufficient, Krsna does not require the service of any living entity, although He has many devotees
- Living beings who are entangled in the complicated meshes of birth and death can be freed immediately by even unconsciously chanting the holy name of Krsna, which is feared by fear personified
- Living entities are dancing under the direction of Krsna's maya & are thinking that they are equal to Krsna. This is not a fact. In KC, this misconception is absent, for a person in KC knows that Krsna is the supreme master & everyone else is servant
- Living entity is eternal servant of Krsna. When he, instead of becoming servant of Krsna, wants to imitate Krsna, to enjoy
- Lord Krsna informed His father (Vasudeva) of the spiritual identity of all living entities
- Lord Krsna is also known as dina-natha or dina-bandhu, the master or actual friend of the poor living entities, and His pure devotee also takes the same position of dina-natha
- Lord Krsna is referred to as Hrsikesa in this verse because He is the owner of all senses. The living entities are part and parcel of Him, and therefore the senses of the living entities are also part and parcel of His senses
- Lord Krsna is so kind to the fallen souls that He personally incarnates Himself amongst the different kinds of living entities and takes part with them in daily activities
- Lord Krsna is the friend of all living entities. Therefore, after hearing the appeal from His sons (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada), He personally went to the well and easily got the great lizard out simply by extending His left hand
- Lord Krsna is the master of all other living entities and of the material nature. His lotus feet are sought and worshiped by great saintly persons like Vyasa. Nonetheless, there are fools who consider Lord Krsna an ordinary human being
- Lord Krsna naturally has three energetic transformations, and these are known as the spiritual potency, the living entity potency and the illusory potency
- Lord Krsna said that it is lust which causes a living entity to glide down from his exalted position to the abominable condition of material existence
- Lord Krsna said, "All living entities achieve higher or lower bodies and create enemies, friends or neutral parties only because of their different kinds of work"
- Lord Krsna said, "He (who even wishes to possess property of Brahmana) will be defeated by his enemies, and after being bereft of his royal position, when he gives up his body he will become a serpent, giving trouble to all other living entities"
- Lord Krsna said, "We can actually see that one becomes busy according to the natural tendency of his work; and according to that natural tendency, all living entities - whether human beings or demigods - achieve their respective results"
- Lord Krsna says that He is the Purusottama and the source of everything, and thus it is concluded that Sri Krsna is the ultimate source and shelter of all entities, including the Supersoul and Supreme Brahman
- Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Supersoul of all living entities, knows everyone's heart very well
- Lord Siva continued: Any person who is surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the controller of everything - material nature as well as the living entity - is actually very dear to me
- Love is a word which is often used in relation with man and woman. And love is the only word that can be properly used to indicate the relation between Lord Krsna and the living entities
- Maharaja Pariksit asked, "So how was it possible for them to get freed from the material condition just by thinking of a paramour?" One should consider here that Krsna and ordinary living beings are qualitatively one
- Materially we are limited to impregnating by only one particular part of our body, but the Supreme Lord, Krsna or Maha-Visnu, can impregnate by any part. Simply by glancing the Lord can conceive countless living entities in the womb of material nature
- May Krsna, the director of all sacrifices & the leader of all living entities, the controller of all intelligence, the proprietor of all planets, spiritual & material, & the supreme incarnation on the earth (the supreme all in all), be merciful upon me
- Maya means to give sufficient punishment to the living entities who have forgotten Krsna and want to enjoy material life independently. They are called conditioned soul
- My dear Lord, just as a puppeteer controls his dancing dolls and a husband controls his wife, Your Lordship controls all the living entities in the universe, such as the brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras
- My Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, in Your holy name there is all good fortune for the living entity, and therefore You have many names, such as "Krsna" and "Govinda," by which You expand Yourself
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: You (Krsna) are the original provider of the life, body and senses of all living entities. You are the eternal God, Lord Visnu, who is all-pervading, the imperishable controller of everything, and You are eternal time
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: You are the supreme director of all activities of all living entities. Although You are in the midst of everything which is under the spell of the material modes of nature, You are not affected by such contaminated qualities
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), as the Supersoul of all living entities, You remain concealed within their hearts exactly as fire remains concealed in every piece of fuel. You are the witness of all the activities of the living entities"
- Narada replied, "My dear Lord, this kind of behavior by Your Lordship is not at all astonishing, for You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and master of all species of living entities"
- Nrga said, "Lord Krsna, who is always engaged in purifying the conditioned living entities, gave instruction not only to His family members & the inhabitants of Dvaraka but to all the members of human society. After this, the Lord entered His palace"
- O Arjuna, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows. BG 7.26 - 1972
- O scion of Bharata (Arjuna), O conquerer of the foe, all living entities are born into delusion, overcome by the dualities of desire and hate. BG 7.27 - 1972
- One can acquire such pure knowledge only from the bona fide spiritual master and thereby avoid the delusion that the living entity is equal to Krsna
- One can attain the supreme peace by knowing that He is the enjoyer of all sacrifices and austerities, the Lord of all the universes, and also the supreme friend of all living entities
- One who thinks that he can destroy the living spark also does not know anything about it. The Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, therefore emphatically declares that the living entity, being spirit, is never born
- One's relationship with the Supreme Lord is in proportion to that surrender and the service one renders unto the Lord. Thus throughout the entire world the higher or lower positions of the living entities are selected by the living entities themselves
- Originally, Krsna's energy is spiritual, and the energy known as the living entity is also spiritual. However, there is another energy, called illusion, which consists of fruitive activity. That is the Lord's third potency
- Out of compassion Krsna creates this material world to give the living entity a chance to understand his real position
- Sages said, "Although You (Krsna) are transcendental to this entire material creation and are the Supreme and the Supersoul of all living entities, You appear on this earth by Your internal potency to protect Your devotees and destroy the miscreants"
- Sahadeva said, "Since everyone is part and parcel of Krsna, there is no qualitative difference between Krsna and all living entities. Everything is an emanation of Krsna's energies, material and spiritual"
- Saint Narada saw all these activities of the Lord, who is the Supersoul of all living entities but who played the role of an ordinary human being to manifest the activities of His internal potency
- Similarly, the parts and parcels of the supreme whole are always dependent and are always controlled by the source of the parts and parcels. It is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that the living entities are parts and parcels of Krsna
- Since Krsna is the supreme father, His affection for the living entity is eternal
- So we, living entities, we are servant of Krsna. That is our nature. That is our nature. Simply we are trying to avoid Krsna's service. Therefore we are engaged in this maya's service, or material nature's, under different bodies
- So who is not accepting Bhagavad-gita? In the Bhagavad-gita where is the mention of "Hindu"? Hmm? Krsna says that "I am the father of all living entities." So why do they say that this is Hindusim?
- Sri Narada Muni said: After first offering my obeisances unto Lord Krsna, the protector of the religious principles of all living entities, let me explain the principles of the eternal religious system, of which I have heard from the mouth of Narayana
- Srutadeva said, "We can appreciate that not only today have You (Krsna) given me Your audience, but You are associating with all the living entities as Paramatma since the beginning of creation"
- Still, those who are utterly sinful do not surrender unto Him, even though He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and all other living beings are His transcendental, eternal servitors, part and parcel of Him
- That is simultaneously one and different philosophy - the living entities thus have free will because they are parts of Krsna and Krsna has free will, but the free will of Krsna is Supreme while the freedom of the parts and parcels is minute
- The activities of the Lord (Krsna) are always inconceivable to the tiny brain of the living entities. Nothing is impossible for the Supreme Lord, but all His actions are wonderful for us, and thus He is always beyond the range of our conceivable limits
- The body of a human being is extremely valuable because in this body one can understand the instructions of Krsna and attain the ultimate destination of the living entity
- The cause of happiness is knowing Krsna to be the supreme enjoyer of all the activities of the human being, the proprietor of all lands and planets, and the sincerest friend of all living entities
- The demigods should appear on the earth in order to please the Lord. In other words, any living entity who lives only to satisfy the Lord is a demigod
- The difference between the living entity and the Lord is that the living entity is part and parcel of the Supreme Lord and has the tendency to be overcome by the interactions of the material qualities
- The florist continued, "You are equally disposed as the friend of all living entities; You are the Supersoul, & You do not discriminate between friend & enemy. Yet You are pleased to give Your devotees the special result of their devotional activities"
- The gopis are perfectly and thoroughly in cognition of this relationship with Krsna, whereas the living entities under the spell of maya, the illusory energy, are forgetful of Krsna and think themselves separate identities having no connection with Him
- The gopis continued, "Dear Krsna, You are known as Hari. You destroy all the miseries of all living entities, specifically of those who have left their homes and family attachment and have completely taken to You"
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "In conditioned life, all living entities are within the jurisdiction of the three modes of material nature. As such, they are unable to see Your (Krsna's) presence everywhere with their material eyes"
- The highest stage of spiritual consciousness is Krsna consciousness. KC means, "I am Krsna's," that's all. Krsna says, "All these living entities, they are My part and parcel." So you have to understand this relationship with Krsna, that you are Krsna's
- The holy name of Krsna is so attractive that anyone who chants it - including all living entities, moving and nonmoving, and even Lord Krsna Himself - becomes imbued with love of Krsna. This is the effect of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- The living entities are eternally part & parcel of God, minute sparks of the original fire, Krsna. As sparks are prone to be extinguished, but not the blazing fire, the living entities can be overcome by material activities, whereas Krsna never can
- The living entities are part and parcel of the Supreme, as gold particles are part of a gold mine. Thus the living entity, in his spiritual position, is as good as gold, as good as Krsna in quality
- The living entities are parts and parcels of Krsna; therefore, revival of Krsna consciousness by the individual living entity is the highest perfectional stage of Vedic knowledge
- The living entities in this conditioned world are My eternal, fragmental parts. Due to conditioned life, they are struggling very hard with the six senses, which include the mind. BG 15.7 - 1972
- The living entity becomes subjugated by the modes of nature as soon as he tries to put himself into the position of Sri Krsna, the supreme enjoyer
- The living entity is bound around the neck by the chain of maya because he has forgotten that he is eternally a servant of Krsna
- The living entity is originally part and parcel of Krsna and is therefore the superior energy of Krsna
- The living entity wants to imitate Krsna and tries to lord it over material nature in order to enjoy sense gratification; thus he forgets his original position, and his illuminating power, his spiritual identity, is extinguished
- The living entity, in his spiritual position, is as good as gold, as good as Krsna in quality. The difference of individuality continues, otherwise there would be no question of bhakti-yoga
- The living entity, part and parcel of Krsna, starts his own business to compete with the Lord. There are many competitors out to attain the Lord's position, but to become like the Lord is not at all possible
- The Lord (Krsna) accepts the least qualification of the living entity and awards him the highest reward. That is the standard of His character. Therefore, who but the Lord can be the ultimate shelter?
- The Lord (Krsna) remains within the heart of many lowborn living entities, but that does not mean He is lowborn
- The Lord is always kind to all living entities, irrespective of form and situation, yet He took the side of Indra just like an ordinary friend
- The Lord understands the mentality and sincerity of a particular living entity who is engaged in Krsna consciousness and gives him the intelligence to understand the science of Krsna in the association of devotees
- The material world and the living entities are transformations of the energy of the Lord, the Absolute Truth or Brahman, who is the original source
- The Mayavadis' theory that the Supersoul and the individual soul are equal is only a misconception. The conclusion is, therefore, that Krsna is worshipable and that all other living entities are simply His servants
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we think that there are many living entities like us who are eternally entangled in fruitive activities and their reactions"
- The Nagapatnis continued: "Although You are the cause of the appearance of all kinds of living entities - their senses, their lives, their minds, their intelligence - You are to be realized by Your internal energy"
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "By Your (Krsna's) activities only, the living entities become covered by forgetfulness or discover their real identity"
- The Paramatma, the Supersoul feature, is a plenary portion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the original soul of all living entities. Krsna is the source of the Paramatma
- The Personality of Godhead (Krsna), again desiring to give names and forms to His parts and parcels, the living entities, placed them under the guidance of material nature. By His own potency, material nature is empowered to re-create
- The PG, the master of all living entities, existed prior to the creation as one without a second. It is by His will only that creation is made possible and again everything merges in Him. This Supreme Self is symptomized by different names
- The rascal scientist says there is no living entity in the moon planet or sun planet. This is rascaldom. There is. Otherwise how Krsna says sarva-gatah? Any, everywhere there is living entities. This is a false theory
- The real isvara or isvarah paramah, the supreme isvara, or supreme independent, is Krsna. The living entity is isvara only when engaged in the service of the Lord
- The real position of the living entity is a servant of God, but in Bhagavad-gita we see that the master, Krsna, has become the servant of Arjuna
- The sages, knowing Me as the ultimate purpose of all sacrifices and austerities, the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods and the benefactor and well-wisher of all living entities, attain peace from the pangs of material miseries. BG 5.29 - 1972
- The science of Krsna, or the science of God and the living entities, is so subtle that even a personality like Vidura has to consult persons like the sage Maitreya
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna is the father of all living entities, who are placed in different high and low positions according to their desires or aspirations. Some of them are specifically endowed with powers by the will of the Lord
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is the original Narayana and eternal friend of all living entities, thus worshiped the sage Narada according to Vedic regulative principles
- The system of worshiping Krsna by offering flowers from a tree is also beneficial for the living entity who is confined to the bodily existence of that tree. When flowers and fruits are offered to Krsna, the tree that bore them also receives much benefit
- The third-grade living entities, namely the animals, beasts, plants, trees and aquatics, have completely forgotten Krsna consciousness
- The Vedic literatures give information about the living entity's eternal relationship with Krsna, which is called sambandha. The living entity's understanding of this relationship and his acting accordingly is called abhidheya
- There is a distinction between Lord Krsna's dancing with the gopis and the ordinary dancing of living entities within the material world
- There is no need of strenuous effort to free oneself from sinful reactions. One should unhesitatingly accept Krsna as the supreme savior of all living entities
- These sparks (the living entities) can be covered by the influence of maya, but the original fire, Krsna, cannot. Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, even from the beginning of His appearance in the house of Vasudeva and Devaki
- They addressed Him as Jagadisvara, or the Lord of the universe who maintains everyone. The reason for this was that Krsna and Balarama maintain all living entities. And yet Nanda and Yasoda were put into such difficulties on account of Their absence
- This healthy condition is lost when the living entity forgets Krsna due to being attracted by the external features of Krsna's maya energy. This world of maya is called durasraya, which means false or bad shelter
- This is the sense of Krsna consciousness: Lord Krsna is the supreme predominator, and all living entities, including the great demigods, are His subordinates. One can attain perfect peace only in complete Krsna consciousness
- This theory (of the Mayavadi's) cannot be applied to the minute living entities. The living entities are minute parts and parcels of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; they are minute particles or sparks of the original fire
- Thus regaining your natural position & rendering service unto the Supreme Lord, who is the all-powerful reservoir of all pleasure and who lives in all living entities as the Supersoul, you will very soon forget the illusory understanding of "I" and "my."
- To fulfill his (Living entity) desires, although they are temporary and illusory, You (Krsna) enter this temporary manifestation to help him
- Vasudeva began to offer his prayers. “My dear Lord, I can understand who You are. You are the S. P. of Godhead, the Supersoul of all living entities & the Absolute Truth. You have appeared in Your own eternal form, which is directly perceived by us"
- Vasudeva said, "Then again You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Ksirodakasayi Visnu and entered into the hearts of all living entities and even within the atoms. Therefore Your entrance into the womb of Devaki is understandable in the same way"
- We know that everyone is human being, and everyone, every living entity, not only the human being, even the birds, beasts, animals, trees, everyone, a living entity is part and parcel of God, Krsna
- We living entities, we being part and parcel of God, Krsna, our only business is to serve Krsna. We have no other business
- When a living entity, by Your (Lord Krsna) grace only, comes to the right conclusion about Your exalted transcendental position, he no longer bothers with the different theories manufactured by the mental speculators or so-called philosophers
- When a living entity, thinking himself different from Me (Krsna), forgets his spiritual identity of qualitative oneness with Me in eternity, knowledge and bliss, his material, conditional life begins
- When the living entities are in Krsna consciousness, there is no such distinction as "I" and "you" because everyone is engaged in the service of the Lord. Since the Lord is absolute, the services are also absolute
- When the living entity wants to lord it over the material energy by imitating the position of Krsna, he is immediately captured by the material energy
- Without Krsna's purpose we cannot kill even an ant, we cannot cut even a tree, then we shall be liable to punishment. So a sadhu sees that "Here is also a living entity."
- Yasoda saw in Krsna's mouth the all living entities, eternal time, material nature, spiritual nature, activity, consciousness, different forms of the whole creation and everything necessary for cosmic manifestation
- You (Krsna) are the supreme friend of all living entities, but at the same time You are the supreme chastiser of the miscreants & the envious. I (Narada) know that Your Lordship has descended to this earth for the proper maintenance of the whole universe
- You (Lord Krsna) are situated in every living entity's heart as the supreme director, and therefore You are aware of all endeavors by Your superior intelligence, without any hindrance whatsoever
- You can supply food to certain limited number of living entities but Krsna or the Supreme Lord is supplying food to millions and trillions of living entities within the sky, within the water, within the mountain, within the forest
- You mention about the well-renown psychologist at Harvard who is interested in finding about man's true nature. Man's true nature is to render service. Originally the living entity was meant for rendering service to Krsna
- You should know Krsna to be the original soul of all atmas (living entities). For the benefit of the whole universe, He has, out of His causeless mercy, appeared as an ordinary human being. He has done this by the strength of His own internal potency
- Yudhisthira said, "(You (Krsna) said one should surrender unto You, and you will take care of him) Still, the living entity remains attached to material activities and suffers or enjoys the reactions without Your interference"
- Yudhisthira said, "As the Supersoul, You (Krsna) sit in the body with the living entity, giving him the results of his own actions as well as opportunities to turn toward Your devotional service by developing Krsna consciousness"
- Yudhisthira said, "You (Krsna) give every living entity the chance to enjoy this material world as he desires"