Krsna Book Chapter 76 - The Battle Between Salva and Members of the Yadu Dynasty
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 76 - The Battle Between Salva and Members of the Yadu Dynasty"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- After continued austerities by Salva for one year, Lord Siva became pleased with him and asked him to beg for the fulfillment of his desire
- All of them (the great heroes of Dvaraka) were maha-rathis, great warriors able to fight with thousands of men. All were fully equipped with necessary weapons and assisted by hundreds and thousands of charioteers, elephants, horses and infantry soldiers
- All the soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva soon became distressed by the incessant release of arrows upon them by the heroes of the Yadu dynasty, and Salva himself became unconscious from the attack of these arrows
- As with the rising of the sun the darkness of night is immediately dissipated, with the appearance of Pradyumna the power exhibited by Salva became null and void
- Fierce fighting began between the two parties, exactly like that formerly carried on between the demigods and the demons. The fighting was severe, and whoever observed the fierce nature of the fight felt his bodily hairs stand on end
- Following his (Pradyumna's) command, many warriors like Satyaki, Carudesna and Samba, all young brothers of Pradyumna, as well as Akrura, Krtavarma, Bhanuvinda, Gada, Suka and Sarana, all came out of the city to fight with Salva
- He (Pradyumna) killed the carriers like the horses and elephants by releasing three arrows directed toward each one
- He (Pradyumna) then released another one hundred arrows toward the body of Salva. After this, he pierced each and every soldier by releasing one arrow, he killed the chariot drivers by firing ten arrows at each one of them
- He (Salva) desired that the airplane be able to fly anywhere and everywhere he would like to pilot it, and be specifically very dangerous and fearful to the dynasty of the Yadus. Lord Siva immediately agreed to give him the benediction
- He (Salva) underwent a severe type of austerity during which he would eat no more than a handful of ashes daily
- Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot, encouraging the citizens by assuring safety
- Pradyumna immediately counteracted the mystic demonstration occasioned by the airplane of Salva. By the mystic power of the airplane, Salva had created a darkness as dense as night, but Pradyumna all of a sudden appeared like the rising sun
- Pradyumna said, "Everyone will talk about me and say that I fled from the fighting place, and if they inquire from me about this, what will be my reply?"
- Pradyumna said, "I must accuse you (son of Daruka) - you are a coward and emasculator! Tell me, how can I go before my uncle Balarama and my father, Krsna, and what shall I say before Them?"
- Pradyumna said, "I think, my dear charioteer, that you have committed a great offense by removing me from the battlefield"
- Pradyumna said, "My sisters-in-law will play jokes upon me with sarcastic words" ‘My dear hero, how have you become such a coward? How have you become a eunuch? How have you become so low in the eyes of the fighters who opposed you?'
- Pradyumna said, "None of them (family members) left the battlefield while fighting. By this removal you have overburdened me with a great defamation. It will be said that I left the battlefield while fighting was going on"
- Pradyumna said, "Oh, you (son of Daruka) have done the most abominable act! Why have you removed me from the battlefield? My dear charioteer, I have never heard that any of our family members was ever removed from the battlefield"
- Salva also managed to create such a strong whirlwind within the city that all of Dvaraka became dark because of the dust that covered the sky
- Salva begged from Lord Siva the gift of an airplane which would be so strong that it could not be destroyed by any demigod, demon, human being, Gandharva or Naga, or even any Raksasa
- Salva thus attacked the city of Dvaraka from the sky, and he also surrounded the city by a large number of infantry. The soldiers on the surface attacked the beautiful spots of the city
- Since his (Salva's) defeat in the fight during the marriage of Rukmini, he had maintained within himself an unforgettable envy of Lord Krsna, and he was, in fact, a fool, because he had promised to kill Krsna
- Sometimes the plane was visible and sometimes not visible, and the warriors of the Yadu dynasty were puzzled about the whereabouts of the peculiar airplane
- Sometimes they (Pradyumna's soldiers) would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill, and sometimes floating on the water
- The airplane occupied by Salva put the entire city of Dvaraka into distress equal to that caused on the earth long, long ago by the disturbing activities of Tripurasura. The inhabitants of Dvaraka Puri became so harassed that they were not peaceful
- The airplane occupied by Salva was very mysterious. It was so extraordinary that sometimes many airplanes would appear to be in the sky, and sometimes there were apparently none
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The charioteer replied, "I was completely aware of the regulative principles of fighting, and I did my duty"
- The charioteer replied, "My dear sir (Pradyumna), you are completely competent in the battlefield. But it is the duty of the charioteer and the warrior to protect each other in a precarious condition"
- The charioteer replied, "The enemy all of a sudden struck you with his club so severely that you (Pradyumna) lost consciousness. You were in a dangerous position, surrounded by your enemies. Therefore I was obliged to act as I did"
- The force of the club on Pradyumna's chest was very severe, and it appeared as though his chest had been torn asunder
- The great heroes of Dvaraka City, headed by commanders such as Pradyumna, counterattacked the soldiers and airplane of Salva. When he saw the extreme distress of the citizens, Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot
- The heroes of the Yadu dynasty were determined either to die on the battlefield or to gain victory. They were confident that if they died in the fighting they would attain a heavenly planet and if they came out victorious they would enjoy the world
- The name of Salva's commander in chief was Dyuman. He was very powerful, and although bitten by twenty-five of Pradyumna's arrows, he suddenly attacked Pradyumna with his fierce club and struck him so strongly that Pradyumna became unconscious
- The soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva were also very strong, and the release of their arrows also harassed the heroes of the Yadu dynasty. But still the Yadus were so strong and determined that they did not move from their strategic positions
- The wonderful airplane flew in the sky like a whirling firebrand - it was not steady even for a moment
- They (Salva's soldiers) began to destroy the nice parks, the city gates, the palaces and skyscraper houses, the high walls around the city, and the beautiful spots where people would gather for recreation
- Two hours later, in a quiet place, Pradyumna regained consciousness, and when he saw that he was in a place other than the battlefield, he addressed the charioteer and condemned him
- When everyone present on the battlefield saw this wonderful feat of Pradyumna's, the great fighters on both sides praised his acts of chivalry
- While Sukadeva was narrating various activities of Krsna in playing the role of an ordinary human being, he also narrated the history of the battle between the dynasty of Yadu & the demon Salva, who had managed to possess a wonderful airship named Saubha
- While the soldiers attacked on the surface, the airplane began to drop big slabs of stone, tree trunks, thunderbolts, poisonous snakes and many other dangerous things