Krsna Book Chapter 35 - The Gopis' Feelings of Separation
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 35 - The Gopis' Feelings of Separation"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- A gopi described Him to a friend, "When Krsna returns, He is garlanded with tulasi leaves, He puts His hand on the shoulder of a cowherd boyfriend and begins to blow His transcendental flute"
- A gopi described, "Like us, who are enchanted by the ocean of the transcendental qualities of Krsna, the she-deer become enchanted by the vibration of His flute"
- A gopi described, "The wives of the black deer become enchanted upon hearing the vibration of His flute, which resembles the vibration of the vina. The deer come to Krsna and become so charmed that they stand still, forgetting their homes and husbands"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Krsna is very kind to the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, Vrndavana, and when He returns with His cows and friends, He is remembered as the lifter of Govardhana Hill"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Minor demigods like the Gandharvas and Siddhas take advantage of this atmosphere and offer prayers to your son (Krsna) by sounding their bugles and drums"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "Taking advantage of this opportunity, the most exalted demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva come down to offer their evening prayers, and they accompany the cowherd boys in glorifying the qualities of Krsna"
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "The breeze blowing from the south creates a pleasing atmosphere because it is fragrant and very cool"
- Although the trees and plants were not very advanced in consciousness, by the association of Krsna and His friends they also became Krsna conscious
- Another gopi said, "At that time ( when Krsna is walking in a stride which is so attractive), our movements cease. We become just like trees and stand perfectly still, unaware that our hair and clothes are loosening"
- Another gopi said, "He (Krsna) walks in a stride which is so attractive, and He carries His flute. Just by looking at Him we become lusty to enjoy His company"
- Another gopi said, "He is the only friend of the suffering living entities. When He plays His flute, all the cows and other animals of Vrndavana, although engaged in eating, simply take a morsel of food in their mouths and stop chewing"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna is so beautiful that the goddess of fortune always remains on His chest, and He is always adorned with a golden necklace. Beautiful Krsna plays His flute in order to enliven the hearts of many devotees"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, not only living animals but even inanimate objects like the rivers and lakes of Vrndavana also become stunned when Krsna passes with peacock feathers on His head and His body smeared with the minerals of Vrndavana"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, when Krsna returns home with His cows, the footprints of the soles of His feet - with flag, thunderbolt, trident and lotus flower - relieve the pain the earth feels when the cows traverse it"
- Another gopi said, "The river Yamuna is unfortunate like us; it does not get Krsnas mercy. The river simply remains stunned, stopping its waves, just as we also stop crying for Krsna in expectation"
- Another gopi said, "Their ears raise up and they become stunned. They do not appear alive but like painted animals. Krsna's flute-playing is so attractive that even the animals become enchanted, and what to speak of ourselves"
- Another gopi said, "With leaves and flowers decorating His (Krsnas) body, He looks like some hero. When He plays on His flute and calls the cows with Balarama, the river Yamuna stops flowing and waits for the air to carry dust from His lotus feet"
- Another gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, when your son returns home, He decorates Himself with the buds of the kunda flower, and just to enlighten and gladden His friends, He blows His flute"
- As Vaisnavas count 108 beads, which represent the 108 individual gopis, so Krsna would also count on 108 beads to count the different groups of cows
- In the absence of Krsna the gopis were constantly shedding tears, but sometimes, when they expected that Krsna was coming, they would stop crying. But when they saw that Krsna was not coming, then again they would become frustrated and begin to cry
- In Vrndavana, everyone and everything is attracted to Krsna, including the trees, the plants, the water, and animals like the deer and cows. That is the perfect description of Krsna’s all-attractiveness
- Instead of swimming or flying (aquatic birds), they became stunned. They closed their eyes and entered a trance of meditation in worship of Krsna
- It is stated in Srinivasacarya’s prayer to the six Gosvamis that they left the material opulences of government service and the princely status of life and went to Vrndavana, where they lived just like ordinary mendicants, begging from door to door
- Krsna had many thousands of cows, and they were divided into groups according to their colors. They were also differently named according to color. When He would prepare to return from the pasturing ground, He would gather all the cows
- Krsna is accepted as the friend of the cloud because both the cloud and Krsna satisfy the people when they are disturbed. When the people are burning due to excessive heat, the cloud satisfies them with rain
- Krsna is compared to the moon, born in the ocean of the womb of Devaki. When He returns in the evening, it appears that He is fatigued, but He still tries to gladden the inhabitants of Vrndavana by His auspicious presence
- Krsna is the original Personality of Godhead, the origin of all Visnu forms, and the cowherd boys are all demigods
- Krsna should be the object of love is the central point of Krsna consciousness. Constantly chanting the Hare Krsna mantra & remembering the transcendental pastimes of Krsna, one can be fully in Krsna consciousness & thus make his life sublime & fruitful
- One gopi said, "He (Krsna) moves His attractive eyebrows while playing His flute with His delicate fingers"
- One gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna and Balarama are nicely dressed with earrings and pearl necklaces"
- One gopi said, "The sound Krsna produces with his flute creates such a nice atmosphere that the denizens of the heavenly planets, who travel in space with their wives and beloveds, stop their airplanes, for they are stunned by the vibration of the flute"
- One gopi said, "They (Krsna and Balarama) enjoy Themselves on the top of Govardhana Hill, and everything becomes absorbed in transcendental pleasure when Krsna plays on His flute, charming the whole created manifestation"
- One gopi said, "Wives of the demigods who are seated in the planes then become very much ashamed of their singing and musical qualifications. Not only that, but they become afflicted with conjugal love, & their hair & tight clothes immediately loosen"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "Although they (the demigods) are very learned and expert, they cannot understand the musical arrangements of Krsna’s flute. They simply listen attentively and try to understand, but they become bewildered and nothing more"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, your son is very expert among the cowherd boys. He knows all the different arts of how to tend the cows & how to play the flute. He composes His own songs, & to play them He puts His flute to His mouth"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "When He (Krsna) plays (the flute), either in the morning or in the evening, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra and Candra, bow their heads and listen with great attention"
- That will enrich the devotees to the highest devotional perfection. Feeling constant separation while engaged in the service of the Lord is the perfection of Krsna consciousness
- The example of the gopis is very instructive to persons who are trying to be absorbed in Krsna consciousness. One can very easily associate with Krsna simply by remembering His transcendental pastimes. Everyone has a tendency to love someone
- The gopis of Vrndavana were so attached to Krsna that they were not satisfied simply with the rasa dance at night. They wanted to associate with Him and enjoy His company during the daytime also
- The gopis used to discuss Krsna amongst themselves, and their talks were as follows. "My dear friends," one gopi said, "do you know that when Krsna lies on the ground He rests on His left elbow, and His head rests on His left hand?"
- The six Gosvamis were so much enriched with the gopis’ feelings of separation that they enjoyed transcendental pleasure at every moment. Similarly, when Lord Caitanya was at Jagannatha Puri, He was in the role of Radharani, feeling separation from Krsna
- There are nine different kinds of devotional service. Devotional service to Krsna in feelings of separation elevates the devotee to the highest perfectional level, to the level of the gopis
- They (the trees and plants) then wanted to deliver everything to Krsna and His friends - whatever they had - namely their fruits, flowers and the honey incessantly falling from their branches
- Those who are in the disciplic succession of the Madhva-Gaudiya-sampradaya should always feel separation from Krsna, worship His transcendental form and discuss His transcendental teachings, His pastimes, His qualities and His entourage
- To acquire this strong feeling of separation is the teaching of Lord Caitanya and His direct disciplic succession of Gosvamis. When we are not in physical contact with Krsna, we can associate with Him like the gopis, through feelings of separation
- When He (Lord Krsna) plays (His flute), the clouds stop their loud thundering out of fear of Him. Rather than disturb the vibration of His flute, they respond with mild thunder and so congratulate Krsna, their friend
- When Krsna returns, garlanded with flowers, His face looks beautiful, adorned with golden earrings. He walks into Vrndavana with a stride just like the elephant’s and slowly enters His home
- When Krsna walked on the bank of the Yamuna, He was seen nicely decorated with tilaka on His face. He was garlanded with different kinds of forest flowers, and His body was smeared with the pulp of sandalwood and tulasi leaves
- When Krsna went to the forest with His cowherd boyfriends and cows, the gopis did not physically take part, but their hearts went with Him. And because their hearts went, they were able to enjoy His company through strong feelings of separation
- When people in materialistic life become disturbed by the blazing fire of material pangs, Krsna consciousness gives them relief like a cloud. The cloud and Krsna, having the same bodily color also, are considered to be friends
- While walking, He (Krsna) played His flute just to call His cows. Just by His association, the trees, plants and other vegetation in the forest immediately became Krsna conscious. A Krsna conscious person sacrifices everything for Krsna