"rasa lila" |"rasa-lila" |"rasalila" |"raslila" |"rasa dance"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Rasa-lila"
The following 177 pages are in this category, out of 177 total.
- A dance in the midst of many girls is called a rasa dance. So Krsna began to dance among the most beautiful and fortunate girls within the three worlds. The gopis of Vrndavana, who were so attracted to Him, danced with Krsna, hand in hand
- A person who actually understands what the rasa-lila is will certainly hate to indulge in mundane sex life. For the realized soul, hearing the Lord's rasa-lila through the proper channel will result in complete abstinence from material sexual pleasure
- A transcendentally sober person who, with faith and love, continually hears from a realized soul about the activities of Lord Krsna in His rasa dance with the gopis
- According to Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time
- Actually, by hearing about rasa-lila the result will be that one will be raised to the platform of transcendental service, and the disease of lust within the heart - that is material disease - that will be completely vanquished
- After Krsna disappeared with Radharani during the rasa dance, the gopis wandered in the forest looking for Him. In the same way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wandered in that garden by the sea
- Akrura thought, "When Krsna's hand touched the presentations of King Indra & King Bali, these two became qualified to be lords of the universe, & when that hand touched the gopis as they danced with Krsna in the rasa-lila, it relieved all their fatigue”
- Also in that chapter is a description of the attraction of Lord Caitanya's five senses to Krsna and how He searched for Krsna in the rasa dance
- Although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and thus has no desire that needs to be fulfilled (because He is always full with six opulences), He still wanted to enjoy the company of the gopis in the rasa dance
- Although Krsna was in the midst of hundreds of thousands of gopis during the rasa dance, He still kept Himself in one of His transcendental forms by the side of Srimati Radharani
- Although no one can compare with Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there are many unscrupulous rascals who imitate the rasa dance of Sri Krsna. They are Mayavadis, and people should be wary of them
- Although the rasa dance and Lord Krsna's association with the gopis appear like the ordinary mixing of young boys and girls, the quality is completely different
- Among them are various groups of consorts in Vraja who have varieties of sentiments and mellows. They help Lord Krsna taste all the sweetness of the rasa dance and other pastimes
- An acarya will never speak on rasa-lila to the general mass of people
- Any person seriously inclined to hear about the pastimes of Krsna's rasa dance, with great faith and a transcendental, spiritually inspired mind, is immediately freed from the natural lusty desires found within the heart of a materialistic man
- Arjuna agreed, although at first he was not willing to fight. Duties are required for ordinary persons. They should not jump up and try to imitate Krsna and indulge in rasa-lila and thus bring about their ruin
- As mentined above, it appears that Krsna enjoyed the rasa dance with the gopis when He was eight years old. At that time, many of the gopis were married, because in India, especially in those days, girls were married at a very early age
- As soon as Krsna asked them (gopis) to go home, they immediately left & returned home. Sukadeva Gosvami concludes this episode of the rasa-lila by pointing out that if a person hears from the right source about the pastimes of Krsna, who is Visnu Himself
- At the rasa dance, each & every gopi requested that Krsna individually become her partner, and Krsna immediately expanded Himself into so many Krsnas in order to be coupled with each and every gopi. The result was that each gopi found Krsna by her side
- At the time of the rasa dance those gopis who could not join Him gave up their bodies simply by thinking of Him. Absorption in Krsna consciousness by feeling separation is thus the quickest method for attainment of the lotus feet of Krsna
- At this age Krsna enjoyed the rasa-lila, exhibiting His power of joking with the cowherd girls and enjoying their company in the bushes of the gardens by the bank of the Yamuna
- At this kaisora age, Krsna's endeavors were always bent toward arranging the rasa dance, as well as toward killing the demons in the forest of Vrndavana
- Before leaving the land of cows, Vrndavana, the Lord (Krsna) pleased His young girl friends, the transcendental gopis, in His rasa-lila pastimes. Here Uddhava stopped his description of the Lord's activities
- Both the gopis and Krsna forgot their real identities, playing in the water, enjoying each other's company and relieving the fatigue of rasa dancing. The gopis began to splash water on the body of Krsna, all the while smiling, and Krsna enjoyed this
- Brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra, brahmacari - varieties. And when the varieties center around Krsna, it becomes beautiful. Krsna center, and the circle, rasa dance, it becomes very beautiful
- By gradual development of transcendental knowledge, one can rise to the stage of the transcendental arts of music and dance displayed by the Lord in His rasa-lila
- Discussion of the rasa-lila among people in general is discouraged because they are affected by the Mayavada philosophy
- During the rasa dance Sri Krsna did not exchange loving affairs with Radharani due to the presence of the other gopis. Because of the dependence of the others, the intensity of love between Radha and Krsna was not manifest. Therefore He stole Her away
- During the season of springtime, when the rasa dance was going on, suddenly Krsna disappeared from the scene, indicating that He wanted to be alone with Srimati Radharani
- During this rasa dance Krsna disappeared all of a sudden with Radharani, and the gopis began to search Him out. At that time they addressed the earth and began to say
- Finding Herself treated equally with all the other gopis, Srimati Radharani displayed Her tricky behavior and left the circle of the rasa dance
- First of all understand Krsna. Just like if you become a friend of some very big man, so first of all try to understand him. Then you'll try to understand his family affairs or confidential things. But these people jump over to the rasa-lila
- He called these girls from their homes & invited them to dance with Him. That dance is called the rasa-lila dance, & it is the most elevated of all the Vrndavana pastimes. Krsna is therefore called Gopinatha because He is the beloved master of the gopis
- He can persuade his followers to falsely imitate the rasa dance, but he is unable to lift Govardhana Hill. We have many experiences in the past of Mayavadi rascals who delude their followers by posing themselves as Krsna in order to enjoy rasa-lila
- He who faithfully hears about the dealings between Lord Krsna and the gopis in the rasa dance and he who describes these activities attain to the perfectional stage of devotional service and simultaneously lose material, lusty desires
- Here in the arena of the rasa dance, I remember Krsna, who is always fond of joking and performing pastimes
- I shall explain His first desire. Krsna says, "I am the primary cause of all rasas"
- If one hears rasa-lila from authoritative source, the result will be that he will be promoted to the transcendental platform of loving service to Krsna
- If you want to enter into the rasa-lila, if you desire like that, so you love Krsna in that way, as the gopis. Then you'll have the same perfection. There is no difficulty. It is not at all difficult. Simply you practice
- In BTG the rasa lila episode cannot be published. We are writing on the activities of Krishna and rasa lila is one of the most important Pastimes of His transcendental activities. Therefore it must be published in the book
- In His original form, Krsna manifests Himself in two features - prabhava and vaibhava. He expands His one original form into many, as He did during the rasa-lila dance
- In His youth Lord Krsna made all three of His ages, and the entire universe, successful by His pastimes of amorous love like the rasa dance
- In order to clear up further misconceptions about the rasa dance and the affairs of Krsna and the gopis, Maharaja Pariksit, the hearer of Srimad-Bhagavatam, told Sukadeva Gosvami
- In order to establish this fact (the rasa dance is spiritual), Krsna, the supreme mystic, expanded Himself into many forms and stood beside each gopi. Placing His hands on the shoulders of the gopis on both sides of Him, He began to dance in their midst
- In order to show them special favor, Krsna exhibited this rasa-lila dance. It is to captivate the conditioned soul. Since they are very much attracted by sex, they can enjoy the same life with Krsna & thus become liberated from the material condition
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that the rasa dance took place on the full-moon night of the sarat season
- In the Brhad-Vamana Purana, the Lord (Krsna) says, "Although I have many fascinating pastimes, whenever I think of the rasa-lila, which I perform with the gopis, I become eager to have it again"
- In the rasa dance, the Lord showed His favor to the most fortunate gopis by placing His arms on their shoulders and dancing with each of them individually. No one can compare with the gopis, who received the causeless mercy of the Lord
- In the Tenth Canto, 30th Chapter, 26th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is the following statement: "When the gopis were searching after Krsna and Radha after the rasa dance, they thus began to speak amongst themselves"
- In youth He tasted the essence of rasa, fulfilling His desires in pastimes like the rasa dance with Srimati Radhika and the other gopis
- Indirectly, Lord Brahma offers his respectful obeisances unto Lord Sri Krsna, who is factually ever engaged in rasa enjoyment with the gopis, as confirmed in the Gopala-tapani Upanisad
- It is amazing that You have forgotten the land of Vrndavana. And how is it that You have forgotten Your father, mother and friends? How have You forgotten Govardhana Hill, the bank of the Yamuna and the forest where You enjoyed the rasa-lila dance
- It is stated in the Tenth Canto, 33rd Chapter, 12th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam: "Upon seeing that Krsna's arm was placed on her shoulder, one of the gopis engaged in the rasa dance became so ecstatically happy that she kissed Krsna on His cheek"
- Krsna and His pure devotees like the Pandavas are on the same plane. Krsna is not without His devotees of all the rasas, and the pure devotees like the Pandavas are not without Krsna
- Krsna expanded Himself in multiple forms during the rasa dance in order to dance with each and every gopi who took part in that dance. Similarly, He expanded himself into 16,108 forms in Dvaraka when he married 16,108 wives
- Krsna is a woman-hunter. That is the highest pastimes of Krsna, rasa-lila. But here if a man becomes woman-hunter, he will be most abominable person
- Krsna is fighting with the Kaliya serpent. He is dancing. He is not afraid of the serpent. He is dancing. As He is dancing with the gopis in rasa-lila, similarly, He is dancing with the snake
- Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the master of all masters, & the gopis wanted to worship Him for His unusual exhibition of mercy upon them. The gopis & Krsna entered the water of the Yamuna just to relieve their fatigue from the rasa dance
- Krsna partially displayed the activities of His pleasure potency in His rasa-lila just to attract the conditioned souls, who are all after the phantasmagoria pleasure potency in degraded sex enjoyment
- Krsna reminded the gopis that at the time of the rasa dance those gopis who could not join Him for the rasa-lila gave up their bodies simply by thinking of Him
- Krsna said, "My dear friend Uddhava, I think I should now take advantage of all these circumstances and engage Myself in the rasa dance"
- Krsna was expert in dealing with people according to circumstances, country, time & paraphernalia. How He could take advantage of a particular time, circumstance & person is expressed by Him while talking to Uddhava about His rasa dance with the gopis
- Krsna's embracing Radharani or His dancing with the cowherd girls in the rasa dance are generally not understood by ordinary men, because they consider these pastimes in the light of mundane lust
- Krsna's lifting of Govardhana Hill and His killing of great demons like Putana are all obviously extraordinary activities. Similarly, the rasa dance is also an uncommon activity and cannot be imitated by any ordinary man
- Krsna's rasa dance should never be compared to any kind of material dance, such as a ball dance or a society dance. The rasa dance is a completely spiritual performance
- Krsna's rasa-lila should not be discussed in public meeting. It is most confidential. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu never discussed. He discussed Krsna's pastimes, lila with gopis, with His confidential, very confidential circle
- Lalita chastised Krsna for staying in Mathura: "Simply by dancing in the circle of the rasa dance, You attracted Srimati Radharani's love. Why are You now so indifferent to my dear friend Radharani? She is lying nearly unconscious"
- Let my (Bhismadeva) mind be fixed upon Lord Sri Krsna, whose motions and smiles of love attracted the damsels of Vrajadhama (the gopis). The damsels imitated the characteristic movements of the Lord (after His disappearance from the rasa dance)
- Lord Krsna exhibits His pastimes of childhood, boyhood and pre-youth. When He reaches pre-youth, He continues to exist eternally to perform His rasa dance and other pastimes
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, left aside the other gopis during the rasa dance and took Srimati Radharani to His heart, for She is the helper of the Lord in realizing the essence of His desires
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, took Srimati Radharani within His heart, for He desired to dance with Her. Thus He left the arena of the rasa dance and the company of all the other beautiful damsels of Vraja
- Lord Madana Gopala, the chief Deity of Vrndavana, is the enjoyer of the rasa dance and is directly the son of the King of Vraja
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the supreme enjoyer in the rasa dance. He is the leader of the damsels of Vraja, and all others are simply His associates
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is the Absolute Truth, enjoyed His rasa dance every night during the autumn season. He performed this dance in the moonlight and with full transcendental mellows
- Maharaja Pariksit heard Sukadeva Gosvami explain the situation of the gopis who assembled with Krsna in the rasa dance
- Maharaja Pariksit understood the total situation from Sukadeva Gosvami, yet to further clarify the transcendental nature of Krsna and the gopis in the rasa dance, he expressed his surprise
- Oh, where is Krsna, whose bodily luster is like the luster of the blue indranila jewel? Where is Krsna, who is so expert in rasa dancing? Oh, where is He, who can save My life
- On the mahamaya platform, dances take place on the basis of sense gratification. But when Krsna called the gopis by sounding His flute, they very hurriedly rushed toward the spot of the rasa dance with the transcendental desire to satisfy Krsna
- Once during the rasa dance, when Radharani left the arena, and Krsna went to seek Her out, one of the dear friends of Radharani began to address Krsna thusly
- Once, early in the morning when Krsna returned home after performing His rasa dance, Mother Yasoda looked upon Krsna's face and addressed Him thus
- One day while He was resting, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dreamed He saw Krsna performing His rasa dance
- One devotee said, "Certainly all the pastimes of such incarnations are exciting to my mind, but still, the pastimes of the rasa-lila performed by Lord Krsna Himself are wonderfully increasing my transcendental pleasure"
- One of the gopis informed Krsna, "My dear Krsna, when You disappeared from the arena of the rasa dance, our most dear friend, Radharani, immediately fell on the ground and lost consciousness"
- One who does not know alleges foolishly that Lord Krsna enjoyed women in His rasa-lila in Vrndavana, or with His sixteen thousand married wives at Dvaraka
- One who has developed his faith in Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Supreme Spirit Soul, can both describe and hear the rasa-lila
- People in general should follow the instructions of Lord Krsna as given in the Bhagavad-gita and should not even imagine imitating Lord Krsna in the rasa dance
- Prakrta-sahajiyas, ...artificially think that hearing the rasa-lila will help them by diminishing the lusty desires of their diseased hearts...
- Prior to the rasa dance, Lord Krsna hid Himself in a grove just to have fun. When the gopis came, their eyes resembling those of deer, by His sharp intelligence He exhibited His beautiful four-armed form to hide Himself
- Professional reciters have created the impression that Srimad-Bhagavatam deals only with Krsna's rasa-lila
- Simply ananda. Dancing with Krsna, rasa dance. Supposing if there is such life - dancing and eating and chanting, no suffering. So would anybody deny that? Is there any such fool?
- So far your telling me that some devotees consider that because there may be some grammatical discrepancies in my Srimad-Bhagavatam, first canto, then they may also be allowed to translate with errors accepted, that is just like imitating Raslila
- Sometimes a rascal, following the philosophy of monism, or oneness, very irresponsibly takes advantage of this rasa-lila to imitate the behavior of Krsna with the gopis, entice many innocent women and mislead them in the name of spiritual realization
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Where should the living entity live, abandoning all other places?" Ramananda Raya replied, "He should live in the holy place known as Vrndavana or Vrajabhumi, where the Lord performed His rasa dance"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu never discussed the topics of Rasaleela in public audience, but only with the most confidential associates. It is not for materialistic persons. I suggested you film the Srimad Bhagavatam, starting with the First Canto
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "In My dream I went to Vrndavana, where I saw Lord Krsna perform the rasa dance with all the gopis"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The gopis entered the arena of the rasa dance in ecstasy, but after hearing Krsna's words of negligence and detachment, they understood that He was going to renounce them. Thus they began to chastise Him in anger"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to lament by saying, "Where is the rasa dance? Where is that dancing, singing, and laughing? Where is My Lord, Madana-mohana, the enchanter of Cupid?"
- Srila Gopinatha, who originated the transcendental mellow of rasa dance, stands on the shore at Vamsivata & attracts the attention of the cowherd damsels with the sound of His celebrated flute. May they all confer upon us their benediction - CC Adi 1.17
- Srila Gopinatha, who originated the transcendental mellow of rasa dance, stands on the shore at Vamsivata & attracts the attention of the cowherd damsels with the sound of His celebrated flute. May they all confer upon us their benediction - CC Antya 1.7
- Srimad-Bhagavatam thus describes the beauty of the gopis while they were rasa dancing with Krsna. There were lotus flowers over both their ears, and their faces were decorated with sandalwood pulp
- Srivasa Pandita narrated all the pastimes enacted during the six changing seasons. He described the drinking of honey, the celebration of the rasa dance, the swimming in the Yamuna and other such incidents
- Stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam: "When Lord Krsna, surrounded by groups of cowherd girls, began the festivities of the rasa dance, the Lord of all mystic powers placed Himself between each two girls"
- Such persons who claim to be equal with Krsna and indulge in rasa-lila create a dangerous situation for the people in general. Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, was already present as the Supersoul within the bodies of the gopis & their husbands
- The adjustment is that all these incidents (killing Sankhacuda, chastising Kaliya, rasa dance) would take place in the future, after the time when it was being foretold by Brahmaji to Narada
- The conditioned soul should hear the rasa-lila dance from an authorized spiritual master and be trained by him so that he can understand the whole situation
- The demigods thus praised the superexcellent rasa dance of Krsna, the supreme enjoyer, and His pastimes with the gopis in the water of the Yamuna
- The excellence of His rasa-lila at Vrndavana and His householder life with sixteen thousand wives is wonderful even for Narayana in Vaikuntha and is certainly so for other living entities within this mortal world
- The fact is fact. Just like when I am describing Krsna's lila. I am writing Krsna's life. So I cannot give up that portion of His life, when Krsna is actually kissing the gopis in rasa dance
- The full-moon night of Asvina is called sarat-purnima. It appears from the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam that Krsna had to wait another year for such a moon before enjoying the rasa dance with the gopis
- The goddess of fortune considered that her vow of chastity would not be damaged by her relationship with Krsna. Rather, by associating with Krsna she could enjoy the benefit of the rasa dance
- The gopi knew that Krsna had been enjoying the rasa dance and that Mother Yasoda could not detect her son's activities nor understand how He had become covered with the gopis' makeup. Her smiling was in the avahasita feature
- The gopis are expansions of His internal energy, but because Krsna wanted to exhibit the rasa-lila, they appeared as ordinary human beings. In the material world, pleasure is ultimately manifested in the sex attraction between man and woman
- The gopis are so fortunate that during the rasa-lila Krsna personally embraced them with His arms and kissed them face to face. Certainly it is not possible for any women in the three worlds to achieve this except the gopis
- The gopis became proud of their great fortune. To subdue their sense of superiority and show them special favor, Kesava, the subduer of even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, disappeared from the rasa dance
- The gopis felt separation from Krsna before the rasa dance, as mentioned in Srimad-Bhagavatam, and the Gita-govinda expresses such feelings. There are many commentaries on the Gita-govinda by many Vaisnavas
- The gopis of Vrndavana were so attached to Krsna that they were not satisfied simply with the rasa dance at night. They wanted to associate with Him and enjoy His company during the daytime also
- The great Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is considered to be the book incarnation of the Lord gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- The holy place known as Mathura is spiritually superior to Vaikuntha, the transcendental world, because the Lord appeared there. Superior to Mathura-puri is the transcendental forest of Vrndavana because of Krsna's rasa-lila pastimes
- The killing of Sankhacuda by the Lord is a more recent incident, after the rasa-lila, and not exactly a simultaneous affair
- The Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs
- The personified authorities on the Vedic hymns acquired bodies like those of the gopis and took birth in Vrajabhumi. In those bodies they were allowed to enter into the Lord's rasa-lila dance
- The professional reciters earn money from their so-called admirers. But an acarya will never speak on rasa-lila to the general mass of people
- The rasa dance is misunderstood by the foolish class of men. Some of them take this to be immoral, while others try to cover it up by their own stupid interpretations. They have no desire to follow in the footsteps of Srila Sukadeva Gosvami
- The rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis is on the platform of yogamaya. The difference between the platforms of yogamaya and mahamaya is compared in the Caitanya-caritamrta to the difference between gold and iron
- The rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time. One may ask how this was possible
- The rasa-lila dance cannot be imitated by anyone. Sukadeva Gosvami warns that one should not even think of imitating it. He specifically mentions that if, out of foolishness, one tries to imitate Krsna’s rasa dance, he will be killed
- The Rasa-yatra, or rasa dancing of Krsna, takes place on the full-moon night of the same month (the month of Karttika (October-November). Utthana-dvadasi takes place the day after Ekadasi in the waxing fortnight of the moon in the same month
- The ring of Krsna's rasa-lila, manufactured by Sukadeva Gosvami, the most auspicious craftsman, is as pure as an earring made from a conchshell
- The smiling face of the Lord is the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, and there are many upstarts who at once try to begin with the Tenth Canto and especially with the five chapters which delineate the rasa-lila of the Lord
- The standing up of hair on the body resulting from jubilation is described in the Tenth Canto, 30th Chapter, 9th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam in connection with the gopis engaged in the rasa dance
- The transcendental nature of Rasa Lila does not require to be apologised by any Mayavadi or mundane moralist
- The Vraja-devis have diverse bodily features. They are Her expansions and are the instruments for expanding rasa
- There are some pseudo devotees of Krsna who prefer to imitate the Lord in His rasa-lila, or dance of love, forgetting their inability to lift Govardhana Hill. It is best that one not try to imitate the powerful, but simply follow their instructions
- There is a class of so-called devotees known as prakrta-sahajiyas who are very much interested in hearing about Krsna's rasa-lila with the gopis but not about His fighting with His enemies
- Therefore when people imitate the rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis, they simply enjoy the perverted, abominable reflection of the transcendental parakiya-rasa
- They (the gopis) began to talk among themselves, “We have passed a very long night - which seemed only a moment - engaged in the rasa dance with Krsna. We looked at His sweet smile and embraced Him and talked with Him"
- This book incarnation of the Lord (the Srimad-Bhagavatam) gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- This is an example of fatigue caused by laboring in the rasa dance
- This is not ordinary Bhagavata class, not jumping over Krsna's rasa-lila. It is not like that. It is step by step studying what is Krsna, what is this material world
- This specific pastime of the Lord (the rasa-lila) has a special significance because anyone who properly learns about this particular pastime of the Lord will certainly 1) be dissuaded from mundane sex desire
- This subject matter (Lord's rasa dance) is highly spiritual, and only the liberated persons who have gradually attained to the stage of paramahamsa can transcendentally relish this rasa dance
- To behold this wonderful pastime of the Lord's, the denizens of heaven and their wives, all very eager to see the dance, flew in the sky in their hundreds of airplanes. They showered flowers and beat sweetly on drums
- To celebrate the Rasa Lila Ceremony decorate the Deities very nicely with flowers; as many as possible, ornaments, garlands, nice light demonstration, and much distribution of Prasadam
- Topics like the rasa-lila are meant for the liberated souls and not for the conditioned souls. The conditioned souls, therefore, must hear with appreciation and devotion the Lord's pastimes in relationship with the external energy
- Unless one is thoroughly accomplished in the transcendental knowledge of the Lord, one is sure to misunderstand the Lord's worshipable transcendental pastimes called rasa dance and His love affairs with the gopis
- Unless one understands what is Krsna, how he can understand Krsna's pastime? So this discussion of rasa-lila is the summit of Krsna consciousness. It is not ordinary thing. They're purely spiritual. There is nothing material
- Unscrupulous persons go immediately to the Tenth Canto and especially to the five chapters which describe the Lord's rasa dance. This portion of the Srimad-Bhagavatam is the most confidential part of this great literature
- We are printing all these books for understanding properly. Not that "Here is Radha-kunda. Let us go." Jump over like monkey. "Here is rasa-lila"
- We have many experiences in the past of Mayavadi rascals who delude their followers by posing themselves as Krsna in order to enjoy rasa-lila
- We should not discuss the rasa-lila generally. Because unless one is advanced in spiritual consciousness and Krsna consciousness, they should not try to understand what is rasa-lila. It is very confidential. It is meant for the liberated souls
- When Krsna left the rasa-lila dance, the gopis became very morose, and when they were grieving, Krsna reappeared dressed in yellow garments. Wearing a flower garland & smiling, He was attractive even to Cupid. In this way Krsna appeared among the gopis
- When Krsna spoke in such a discouraging way to the gopis, they became very sad, for they thought that their desire to enjoy the rasa dance with Krsna would be frustrated. Thus they became full of anxiety
- When Lord Sri Krsna was dancing with the gopis in the rasa-lila, the gopis were embraced around the neck by the Lord’s arms. This transcendental favor was never bestowed upon the goddess of fortune or the other consorts in the spiritual world
- When one hears or describes with great faith the pastimes of Lord Krsna, such as His rasa dance with the gopis, the disease of lusty desires in his heart and the agitation caused by the three modes of material nature are immediately nullified
- When Radharani left the rasa dance out of anger and resentment, Lord Sri Krsna became very anxious because He could not see Her
- When the gopis were dancing with Krsna in the rasa dance, they became fatigued, and Krsna wiped His hand
- When the Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs, a demon of the name Sankhacuda, kidnapped the damsels
- When the Lord, hearing with great pleasure, said, "Go on speaking! Go on speaking!" Srivasa Thakura described the rasa-lila dance, which is filled with transcendental mellows
- When the rasa dance was going on in full swing, Krsna left all the gopis and took only Srimati Radharani with Him
- When the SPG expands Himself in many forms, all nondifferent in Their features, as Lord Krsna did when He married sixteen thousand queens and when He performed His rasa dance, such forms of the Lord are called manifested forms (prakasa-vigrahas)
- When we reach the higher standard of purification, if we see the smiling face of the Lord or hear the rasa dance pastimes of the Lord, then we can relish His activities
- Where is Krsna, the treasure of My life? Where is the lotus-eyed one? Alas! Where is the divine ocean of all transcendental qualities? Alas! Where is the beautiful blackish youth dressed in yellow garments? Alas! Where is the hero of the rasa dance
- While Krsna was enjoying the company of the gopis in the rasa dance, the astonished demigods and their wives gathered in the sky. The moon, being afflicted with a sort of lust, began to watch the dance and became stunned with wonder
- While Krsna was joking in this way with the damsels of Braja, who with great hope had come to enjoy the rasa dance with Him, Subala was also on the scene, and he began to look at Krsna with wide and laughing eyes
- While watching the rasa dance performed by Lord Krsna and the gopis, Lord Siva beheld the beautiful face of Krsna and immediately began to dance and beat upon his small dindima drum. While Siva was dancing in ecstasy, his eldest son, Ganesa, joined him