Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Dancing"
The following 141 pages are in this category, out of 141 total.
- A dance in the midst of many girls is called a rasa dance. So Krsna began to dance among the most beautiful and fortunate girls within the three worlds. The gopis of Vrndavana, who were so attracted to Him, danced with Krsna, hand in hand
- A transcendentally sober person who, with faith and love, continually hears from a realized soul about the activities of Lord Krsna in His rasa dance with the gopis
- Above that wonderful dance flew many airplanes carrying the denizens of the heavenly planets, who were very eager to see the wonderful dance of Krsna with the gopis
- According to Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, the rasa dance was performed during the long period of Brahma's night, but the gopis could not understand that. In order to fulfill their desire, Krsna extended the night to cover such a great period of time
- Actually, all these boys were demigods descended from higher planets to assist Krsna in His pastimes. The demigods garbed in the dress of the cowherd boys were encouraging Krsna in His dancing, just as one artist encourages another with praise
- After enjoying love affairs with Krsna by dancing, embracing and kissing, the gopis would sometimes become very tired, and Krsna, out of His causeless mercy and compassion, would smear their faces with His lotus hands
- Akrura thought, "When Krsna's hand touched the presentations of King Indra & King Bali, these two became qualified to be lords of the universe, & when that hand touched the gopis as they danced with Krsna in the rasa-lila, it relieved all their fatigue”
- Also, when the gopis first came to Him, He gave instructions to them to return to their homes. To call the wives of other persons or young girls & enjoy dancing with them is certainly abominable according to the Vedas. Why should Krsna have done this?
- Although no one can compare with Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there are many unscrupulous rascals who imitate the rasa dance of Sri Krsna. They are Mayavadis, and people should be wary of them
- Although the rasa dance and Lord Krsna's association with the gopis appear like the ordinary mixing of young boys and girls, the quality is completely different
- Among them are various groups of consorts in Vraja who have varieties of sentiments and mellows. They help Lord Krsna taste all the sweetness of the rasa dance and other pastimes
- Another gopi inquired, "Does He (Krsna) remember that night in the midst of kumuda flowers and moonlight, when Vrndavana became exceedingly beautiful? Krsna was dancing with us, and the atmosphere was surcharged with the sound of foot bells"
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) are so kind that even the ordinary animals take shelter under Your lotus feet. Your lotus feet are also the residence of the goddess of fortune, yet You danced on the heads of the Kaliya serpent with them"
- Any person seriously inclined to hear about the pastimes of Krsna's rasa dance, with great faith and a transcendental, spiritually inspired mind, is immediately freed from the natural lusty desires found within the heart of a materialistic man
- As mentined above, it appears that Krsna enjoyed the rasa dance with the gopis when He was eight years old. At that time, many of the gopis were married, because in India, especially in those days, girls were married at a very early age
- As the gopis & Krsna danced together, a very blissful musical sound was produced from the tinkling of their bells, ornaments & bangles. It appeared that Krsna was a greenish sapphire locket in the midst of a golden necklace decorated with valuable stones
- At the age of seven years He (Krsna) lifted Govardhana Hill. Therefore the rasa dance took place during His eighth year
- At the rasa dance, each & every gopi requested that Krsna individually become her partner, and Krsna immediately expanded Himself into so many Krsnas in order to be coupled with each and every gopi. The result was that each gopi found Krsna by her side
- At this kaisora age, Krsna's endeavors were always bent toward arranging the rasa dance, as well as toward killing the demons in the forest of Vrndavana
- Both the gopis and Krsna forgot their real identities, playing in the water, enjoying each other's company and relieving the fatigue of rasa dancing. The gopis began to splash water on the body of Krsna, all the while smiling, and Krsna enjoyed this
- By intense ecstasy in loving service, the damsels of Vrajabhumi attained qualitative oneness with the Lord by dancing with Him on an equal level, embracing Him in nuptial love, smiling at Him in joke, and looking at Him with a loving attitude
- By the force of their (the gopis) ecstatic feelings, it appeared to them that Krsna was personally present and dancing before them. Because of their sweet remembrance of Krsna, they could not check their tears, and they cried without consideration
- During the rasa dance Sri Krsna did not exchange loving affairs with Radharani due to the presence of the other gopis. Because of the dependence of the others, the intensity of love between Radha and Krsna was not manifest. Therefore He stole Her away
- During this rasa dance Krsna disappeared all of a sudden with Radharani, and the gopis began to search Him out. At that time they addressed the earth and began to say
- First doubt of Maharaja Pariksit was as follows: Lord Krsna is the SP of Godhead, who had advented Himself to establish religious principles. Why then did He mix with others' wives in the dead of night & enjoy dancing, embracing & kissing?
- From a distance, people mistakenly think that they are seeing Krsna dancing on the body of the Kaliya serpent
- He (Krsna) lifted Govardhana Hill without ever practicing weight-lifting. He danced with the gopis without social restriction and without reproach
- He (Lord Krsna) danced with the gopis without social restriction and without reproach. Although the gopis approached Him with a paramour's feelings of love, the relationship between the gopis and Lord Krsna was worshiped even by Lord Caitanya
- He called these girls from their homes & invited them to dance with Him. That dance is called the rasa-lila dance, & it is the most elevated of all the Vrndavana pastimes. Krsna is therefore called Gopinatha because He is the beloved master of the gopis
- He can persuade his followers to falsely imitate the rasa dance, but he is unable to lift Govardhana Hill. We have many experiences in the past of Mayavadi rascals who delude their followers by posing themselves as Krsna in order to enjoy rasa-lila
- He carries a flute in His hand, and His youth is new. He is also an expert dancer. All this is just suitable for His pastimes as a human being
- He is dancing in such a nice way that He (is) attracting everyone. So in the Vedas it is said about Krsna how great artist He is
- Here we have got that taste of rasa in a perverted manner. But cinmaya-rasa means it continues. This Radha-Krsna with the gopis, they are enjoying, dancing, chanting. That is eternally; that is never stopped
- His (Krisna's) beautiful talks with them, His embracing, kissing and other activities. Being so attracted to Krsna, they imitated His dancing, His walking and His smiling, as if they themselves were Krsna
- His (Krsna's) fingernails are many full moons, and they dance on the flute in His hands. Their song is the melody of that flute. His toenails are also many full moons, and they dance on the ground. Their song is the jingling of His ankle bells
- I am celebrated throughout the whole world as brahmacari, but if I would have been in the position of Krsna... He was dancing with young girls, but He was not agitated. But I would have been agitated. I admit
- In His youth Lord Krsna made all three of His ages, and the entire universe, successful by His pastimes of amorous love like the rasa dance
- In order to establish this fact (the rasa dance is spiritual), Krsna, the supreme mystic, expanded Himself into many forms and stood beside each gopi. Placing His hands on the shoulders of the gopis on both sides of Him, He began to dance in their midst
- In order to show them special favor, Krsna exhibited this rasa-lila dance. It is to captivate the conditioned soul. Since they are very much attracted by sex, they can enjoy the same life with Krsna & thus become liberated from the material condition
- In some places there were nice beddings in the bushes of the Vrndavana gardens, and in some places there were piles of dust due to the group-dancing of Govinda and the gopis
- In the Tenth Canto, 30th Chapter, 26th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is the following statement: "When the gopis were searching after Krsna and Radha after the rasa dance, they thus began to speak amongst themselves"
- It is said that after enjoying love affairs with Krsna by dancing, embracing and kissing, the gopis would sometimes become very tired, and Krsna, out of His causeless mercy and compassion, would smear their faces with His lotus hands
- It is stated in the Tenth Canto, 33rd Chapter, 12th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam: "Upon seeing that Krsna's arm was placed on her shoulder, one of the gopis engaged in the rasa dance became so ecstatically happy that she kissed Krsna on His cheek"
- Krsna and the gopis sang and danced these combined to appear like clouds, thunder, snow and lightning
- Krsna consciousness does not mean sitting idly. The whole pastimes of Krsna is full of activities. When you go to spiritual world Krsna is always dancing. You have to 24 hours dance there and eat there.There is no question of sit down
- Krsna expanded Himself in multiple forms during the rasa dance in order to dance with each and every gopi who took part in that dance. Similarly, He expanded himself into 16,108 forms in Dvaraka when he married 16,108 wives
- Krsna is called nitya-lila. He is taking His birth, He is fighting in the battle of Kuruksetra, He's dancing with the gopis. That is going on eternally in either of the so many, innumerable universes
- Krsna is dancing, and every living entity is also dancing, but there is a difference between the dancing in the spiritual world and that in the material world
- Krsna is fighting with the Kaliya serpent. He is dancing. He is not afraid of the serpent. He is dancing. As He is dancing with the gopis in rasa-lila, similarly, He is dancing with the snake
- Krsna is the real friend. So if the gopis dance with the real friend, what is the wrong there? What is the wrong there? But those who are rascals, who do not know Krsna, they think it is immoral. It is not immoral
- Krsna is the supreme person, the whole spirit, and He danced with the spiritual bodies of the gopis. There is therefore no reason to accuse Krsna in any way
- Krsna said, "My dear friend Uddhava, I think I should now take advantage of all these circumstances and engage Myself in the rasa dance"
- Krsna was expert in dealing with people according to circumstances, country, time & paraphernalia. How He could take advantage of a particular time, circumstance & person is expressed by Him while talking to Uddhava about His rasa dance with the gopis
- Krsna would wear this dress when He used to go into the forest to tend the cows. Sometimes He would wrestle there with His different friends, and sometimes they would dance all together in the forest
- Krsna's embracing Radharani or His dancing with the cowherd girls in the rasa dance are generally not understood by ordinary men, because they consider these pastimes in the light of mundane lust
- Krsna's lifting of Govardhana Hill and His killing of great demons like Putana are all obviously extraordinary activities. Similarly, the rasa dance is also an uncommon activity and cannot be imitated by any ordinary man
- Lalita chastised Krsna for staying in Mathura: "Simply by dancing in the circle of the rasa dance, You attracted Srimati Radharani's love. Why are You now so indifferent to my dear friend Radharani? She is lying nearly unconscious"
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, took Srimati Radharani within His heart, for He desired to dance with Her. Thus He left the arena of the rasa dance and the company of all the other beautiful damsels of Vraja
- Lord Madana Gopala, the chief Deity of Vrndavana, is the enjoyer of the rasa dance and is directly the son of the King of Vraja
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the supreme enjoyer in the rasa dance. He is the leader of the damsels of Vraja, and all others are simply His associates
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is the Absolute Truth, enjoyed His rasa dance every night during the autumn season. He performed this dance in the moonlight and with full transcendental mellows
- Maharaja Pariksit heard Sukadeva Gosvami explain the situation of the gopis who assembled with Krsna in the rasa dance
- Maharaja Pariksit understood the total situation from Sukadeva Gosvami, yet to further clarify the transcendental nature of Krsna and the gopis in the rasa dance, he expressed his surprise
- O my beloved friend Vrnda, where are you coming from? "I am coming from the feet of Sri Hari." "Where is He?" "In the forest on the bank of Radha-kunda." "What is He doing there?" "He is learning dancing." "Who is His master?"
- Oh, where is Krsna, whose bodily luster is like the luster of the blue indranila jewel? Where is Krsna, who is so expert in rasa dancing? Oh, where is He, who can save My life
- On the mahamaya platform, dances take place on the basis of sense gratification. But when Krsna called the gopis by sounding His flute, they very hurriedly rushed toward the spot of the rasa dance with the transcendental desire to satisfy Krsna
- One gopi said, "His (Krsna's) brows are just like the brows of Cupid, and they are moving just as though they were dancing"
- One gopi said, "His (Krsna's) dancing eyes have dimmed the brilliance of the most expert dancer, and so there is no longer any comparison to the beauty of Krsna"
- One of the devotees of Lord Krsna once addressed Him in this manner: "My dear Lord, although You are not a professional dancer, by Your dancing You have so astonished us that we can understand that You are personally the master of all dancing
- One of the gopis informed Krsna, "My dear Krsna, when You disappeared from the arena of the rasa dance, our most dear friend, Radharani, immediately fell on the ground and lost consciousness"
- Out of great anger, he (Kaliya) began to struggle for existence and tried to raise one of his hoods to kill the Lord. Lord (Krsna) immediately captured that hood and subdued it by kicking it and dancing on it
- Sometimes all of the cowherd friends of Krsna, along with Balarama, danced together in some ceremony. At these times the garlands on Their necks would move, and They would begin to perspire
- Sometimes Krsna's activities and attractive features are misinterpreted by gross materialists who accuse Him of being immoral because He danced with the gopis
- Sometimes They (Krsna and Balarama) played with amalaka fruits and bael fruits, just as small children play with balls. Sometimes They danced and made tinkling sounds with Their ankle bells
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The gopis entered the arena of the rasa dance in ecstasy, but after hearing Krsna's words of negligence and detachment, they understood that He was going to renounce them. Thus they began to chastise Him in anger"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's dancing before the Ratha-yatra car could be perceived only by pure devotees. Others could not understand. Descriptions of Lord Krsna's uncommon dancing can be found in the revealed scripture Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Srimad-Bhagavatam thus describes the beauty of the gopis while they were rasa dancing with Krsna. There were lotus flowers over both their ears, and their faces were decorated with sandalwood pulp
- Srivasa Pandita narrated all the pastimes enacted during the six changing seasons. He described the drinking of honey, the celebration of the rasa dance, the swimming in the Yamuna and other such incidents
- Stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam: "When Lord Krsna, surrounded by groups of cowherd girls, began the festivities of the rasa dance, the Lord of all mystic powers placed Himself between each two girls"
- That is our process. Just like sex impulse is natural for everyone in the material (world), but if we think of Krsna embracing Radharani or dancing with the gopis, then our sex impulse becomes subordinate, no more stronger
- The dancing features of Krsna's face surpass all other full moons and expand the marketplace of full moons
- The devotee said, "Certainly You (Krsna) must have learned this dancing art directly from the goddess of love"
- The fact is fact. Just like when I am describing Krsna's lila. I am writing Krsna's life. So I cannot give up that portion of His life, when Krsna is actually kissing the gopis in rasa dance
- The full-moon night of Asvina is called sarat-purnima. It appears from the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam that Krsna had to wait another year for such a moon before enjoying the rasa dance with the gopis
- The gopis became tired after long singing & dancing. Krsna was dancing beside them, & to alleviate their fatigue they took Sri Krsna’s hand & placed it on their raised breasts
- The gopis became tired after long singing and dancing. Krsna was dancing beside them, and to alleviate their fatigue they took Sri Krsna's hand and placed it on their raised breasts
- The gopis so enjoyed the company of Krsna, the husband of the goddess of fortune, that they forgot that they had any other husbands in the world, and upon being embraced by the arms of Krsna and dancing and singing with Him, they forgot everything
- The gopis' songs were like thunder, their beauty appeared to be just like lightning in the sky, and the drops of perspiration visible on their faces appeared like falling snow. In this way, the gopis and Krsna fully engaged in dancing
- The Gosvamis are crying, "Where is Krsna? Where is Radharani?" They're crying: ghosantav iti sarvato vraja-pure khedair maha-vihvalau. Mad. Mad after. This is the process of krsna-bhajana. Not that "I've seen just last night Krsna dancing with the gopis"
- The holy name of the Lord and the Lord are nondifferent; therefore when a devotee chants Hare Krsna, Krsna and His internal potency are dancing on the tongue of the devotee
- The Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs
- The mystic expansions of Krsna were not perceived by the gopis because Krsna appeared alone to each of them. Each gopi thought that Krsna was dancing with her alone
- The Nagapatnis said, "Your (Krsna's) dancing on his (Kaliya's) hoods has reduced all the sinful results of actions caused by his having this body of a serpent. It is therefore very auspicious that You have become angry and have punished him in this way"
- The people replied, "Krsna has again manifested Himself on the waters of Kaliya Lake. He dances on the hoods of the serpent Kaliya, and the jewels on those hoods are blazing"
- The personified authorities on the Vedic hymns acquired bodies like those of the gopis and took birth in Vrajabhumi. In those bodies they were allowed to enter into the Lord's rasa-lila dance
- The rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis is on the platform of yogamaya. The difference between the platforms of yogamaya and mahamaya is compared in the Caitanya-caritamrta to the difference between gold and iron
- The Rasa-yatra, or rasa dancing of Krsna, takes place on the full-moon night of the same month (the month of Karttika (October-November). Utthana-dvadasi takes place the day after Ekadasi in the waxing fortnight of the moon in the same month
- The same pleasure potency is there in the living being in little quantity, and as soon as they utilize it, it becomes painful. And the same pleasure potency in the spiritual world, Krsna's dancing with gopis, that is not painful. That is pleasing
- The Supreme Lord Krsna, being completely controlled by the gopis, sang and danced just like a puppet in their hands
- Their (Krsna and Balarama's) whole bodies became wet from Their ecstatic dancing. This is an instance of fatigue caused by dancing
- Then He (Krsna) who is the original artist of all fine arts, such as dancing, began to dance upon the hoods of the serpent (Kaliya), although they were moving to and fro
- There are some pseudo devotees of Krsna who prefer to imitate the Lord in His rasa-lila, or dance of love, forgetting their inability to lift Govardhana Hill. It is best that one not try to imitate the powerful, but simply follow their instructions
- There is a distinction between Lord Krsna's dancing with the gopis and the ordinary dancing of living entities within the material world
- There is similar dance, just like ball dance in your country. But the specific significance of this dance was that Krsna bifurcated Himself in so many boys as many girls there were, and they began to dance in pair
- These (Krsna dancing with gopis in the gardens of Vrndavana) are some of the features which are due to the different pastimes invented by Sri Krsna in the place known as Vrndavana
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to dance to the rhythm of melody and different songs. They learned how to write dramas, and They learned the various types of painting, from simple village arts up to the highest perfectional stage
- They (the elderly gopis) took Him away to the courtyard of the house and began to clap, praising His wonderful activities. Krsna danced along with their clapping, just like an ordinary child
- They (the gopis) prayed for Krsna to be their husband. He (Krsna) thought that the full-moon night of the sarat season was just suitable for a nice dance. So their desire to have Krsna as their husband would then be fulfilled
- This is expressed by the author of the Caitanya-caritamrta, who says that the master dancer is Krsna and everyone else is His servant. Everyone is trying to imitate Krsna's dancing
- This knowledge, we have to acquire, that "We have got the greatest powerful friend in Krsna, and He is with me." This is knowledge. Just like when you chant Krsna, Hare Krsna, actually the fact is Krsna is dancing on your tongue by sound vibration
- Those who are actually in Krsna consciousness respond rightly to the dancing of Krsna: they do not try to dance independently. But those in the material world try to imitate Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- To behold this wonderful pastime of the Lord's, the denizens of heaven and their wives, all very eager to see the dance, flew in the sky in their hundreds of airplanes. They showered flowers and beat sweetly on drums
- Try to find that planet from which one will never return, where there is eternal life, and where one can dance with Krsna. This is the meaning of Krsna consciousness
- What then is the basis of accusing Krsna of dancing with others’ wives? The bodies of the gopis, which were their husbands’, were lying in bed, but the spiritual parts and parcels of Krsna were dancing with Him
- When child Krsna was dancing in response to the singing of the old maidservant Jarati, Narada was astonished. The SP of God, who controls all the movements of great demigods like Brahma and others, was now dancing to the indications of an old maidservant
- When Krsna played upon his flute, all the gopis, or cowherd girls, were attracted by the sound and left their household duties, and when they came to Him, He danced with them
- When Krsna saw that the gopis were tired from dancing with Him, He immediately began to wipe His hands over their faces so that their fatigue would be relieved. In order to reciprocate the kind hospitality of Krsna, the gopis began to look at Him lovingly
- When Krsna was fighting with the Kaliya snake by dancing on his heads, Kaliya bit Krsna on the leg. At that time Garuda became infuriated and began to murmur
- When Lord Sri Krsna was dancing with the gopis in the rasa-lila, the gopis were embraced around the neck by the Lord’s arms. This transcendental favor was never bestowed upon the goddess of fortune or the other consorts in the spiritual world
- When one hears or describes with great faith the pastimes of Lord Krsna, such as His rasa dance with the gopis, the disease of lusty desires in his heart and the agitation caused by the three modes of material nature are immediately nullified
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu enters the Gundica garden, you (King Prataparudra) should also go there and read the five chapters of Srimad-Bhagavatam about Lord Krsna's dancing with the gopis. In this way you can catch hold of the Lord's lotus feet
- When the gopis were dancing with Krsna in the rasa dance, they became fatigued, and Krsna wiped His hand
- When the Lord, hearing with great pleasure, said, "Go on speaking! Go on speaking!" Srivasa Thakura described the rasa-lila dance, which is filled with transcendental mellows
- When the SPG expands Himself in many forms, all nondifferent in Their features, as Lord Krsna did when He married sixteen thousand queens and when He performed His rasa dance, such forms of the Lord are called manifested forms (prakasa-vigrahas)
- While Krsna & the gopis danced, they displayed extraordinary bodily features. The movements of their legs, their placing their hands on one another, the movements of their eyebrows, their smiling, the movements of the breasts of the gopis & their clothes
- While Krsna danced, some of the cowherd boys sang and others played on flutes; some bugled on buffalo horns or clapped their hands, praising Krsna, "Dear brother, You are dancing very nicely"
- While Krsna was dancing on his hoods, Kaliya tried to push Him down with some of his other hoods. Kaliya had about a hundred hoods, but Krsna took control of them. He began to dash Kaliya with His lotus feet, and this was more than the serpent could bear
- While Krsna was enjoying the company of the gopis in the rasa dance, the astonished demigods and their wives gathered in the sky. The moon, being afflicted with a sort of lust, began to watch the dance and became stunned with wonder
- While walking, the (cowherd) boys sometimes imitated the quacking sound of the swans in the lakes, or when they saw the peacocks dancing, they imitated them before Krsna. Krsna also moved His neck, imitating the dancing and making His friends laugh
- While watching the rasa dance performed by Lord Krsna and the gopis, Lord Siva beheld the beautiful face of Krsna and immediately began to dance and beat upon his small dindima drum. While Siva was dancing in ecstasy, his eldest son, Ganesa, joined him
- With gopis Krsna is dancing. Here also we are dancing, in nightclub, and this club, that club. But that will not give you satisfaction, because it is imitation. If you want real dancing, come to Krsna. That is wanted
- You have seen the picture, how with Krsna the gopis are nicely dancing, enjoying; the cowherd boys are playing. Enjoy with Krsna, that is your real enjoyment. But without Krsna, when you want to enjoy, that is maya
- You won't find Krsna is morose and sitting or crying. (laughter) Even if He is killing some demon, very laughingly, as easy job. You see? So either He is killing or dancing, He is happy
- Your image, Radha, revealing itself in every tree and creeper in every direction, is roaming like a skillful dancer, making Him (Krsna) dance behind