This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Punishment (1 C, 30 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Punishment"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- After the Nagapatnis submitted their prayers, Lord Krsna released Kaliya from his punishment. Kaliya was already unconscious from being struck by the Lord
- As the son of a brahmana, he (Dronacarya's son) should not have made so many mistakes, and for such gross negligence of duty he was to be punished by the Lord Himself
- At the same time, He (Krsna) wanted to give him (Rukmi) some light punishment, so He tied him up with a piece of cloth and snipped at his mustache, beard and hair, keeping some spots here and there
- Kaliya said, "By Your (Krsna's) maya we remain enslaved. My dear Lord, kindly excuse me (Kaliya) for my inevitable material tendencies. I surrender unto You. Now You can punish me or save me, as You desire"
- Kaliya's wives said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have descended to punish all kinds of demoniac living creatures. Our husband, this Kaliya, is a greatly sinful creature, and so Your punishment for him is quite appropriate"
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Krsna does not personally punish. He has got many agents. Just like in the government, the president does not punish directly, but there are many departments
- Krsna is constrained to award punishment upon the wrongdoer, but He is not happy to award punishments because living entities are originally His parts & parcels. He is harder than the thunderbolt for the wrongdoer & softer than the rose for the faithful
- Krsna said, "You know very well that even I Myself offer My obeisances to the brahmanas with great respect three times daily. You should therefore follow My instruction & example. I shall not forgive anyone who does not follow them & I shall punish him"
- Krsna, being very kind, punishes the conditioned soul in one life for such sinful activities and then takes him back home, back to Godhead
- Krsna, even though He was only four or five years old, dipped Himself into the water, punished Kaliya very severely and then asked him to leave the place and go elsewhere
- The impersonalists, who do not accept the transcendental form of Lord Sri Krsna, and the demons, who are always engaged in blaspheming and fighting with Him, are punished by being merged into the Brahman effulgence
- The Nagapatnis began to offer prayers as follows: "O dear Lord, You are equal to everyone. For You there is no distinction between Your sons, friends or enemies. Therefore the punishment which You have so kindly offered to Kaliya is exactly befitting"
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord, You have descended especially for the purpose of annihilating all kinds of disturbing elements within the world, and because You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, there is no difference between Your mercy and Your punishment
- The Nagapatnis said, "This apparent punishment of Kaliya is actually some benediction. We consider that Your great mercy is upon us because when You punish someone it is to be understood that the reactions of his sinful activities are eradicated"
- The Nagapatnis said, "Your (Krsna's) dancing on his (Kaliya's) hoods has reduced all the sinful results of actions caused by his having this body of a serpent. It is therefore very auspicious that You have become angry and have punished him in this way"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the supreme judge who rewards or punishes different persons according to their surrender unto His lotus feet
- There are many suppressing agents, of which the most important are those that cut down miscreants. When miscreants are punished, the agency of chastisement represents Krsna
- Torturing the devotees of Krsna is the preoccupation of the demons, who think that Lord Rama and Lord Krsna cannot punish them because They are ordinary mortals
- When He (Krsna) is death personified to the thieves, it is not that He is without moral principles or that He is cruel; He is still kind, because to punish thieves with death is to exhibit the highest quality of moral principles
- When Krsna, in punishing the Kaliya serpent, appeared to have drowned Himself in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Nanda Maharaj addressed Yasoda Devi thusly
- When the Lord (Krsna) comes to punish the demons, He bestows His favor upon them, and similarly when He delivers His devotees and gives them relief, He also bestows His favor. Thus the Lord bestows His favor equally upon the conditioned souls
- While Kaliya was being severely punished, all of his wives appeared before the Lord and prayed as follows
- Without waiting any longer, Lord Sri Krsna immediately started out on His chariot to punish the rascal Paundraka, the King of Karusa. Because at that time he was living with his friend the King of Kasi, Krsna surrounded the whole city of Kasi